Each episode of the NarniaWeb Podcast discusses the latest Narnia movie news and highlights contests, events, and all the news you don’t want to miss. Sign up for our RSS Feed or sign up through iTunes.
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, part 3
“So I scratched away for the third time and got off a third skin, just like the two others, and stepped out of it. But as soon as I looked at myself in the water I knew it had been no good.
“Then the lion said – but I don’t know if it spoke – “You will have to let me undress you.”
7b. How the Adventure Ended
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, part 2
The dragoning and un-dragoning of Eustace Clarence Scrubb. Few scenes in the Chronicles of Narnia have generated as much discussion. As a result, Rilian and Glumpuddle have to devote two entire episodes to the issue.
5. The Storm and What Came of It (1:37)
6. The Adventures of Eustace (11:10)
7a. How the Adventure Ended (23:01)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, part 1
The third Chronicle of Narnia to be published includes some of Narnia’s most iconic imagery, and is widely considered to be one of the best in the series. Rilian and Glumpuddle excitedly begin their discussion of this classic.
1. The Picture in the Bedroom (3:24)
2. On Board the Dawn Treader (15:13)
3. The Lone Islands (21:56)
4. What Caspian Did There (26:06)
The next episode will center around the dragoning of Eustace. Do you have any questions or observations? Please send them along to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org!
This years April Fool had bit of truth mixed in with nonsense. We are, in fact, still accepting questions and suggestions for the next podcast, which will be a discussion about C.S. Lewis’ The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. But in reality of course, both Glumpuddle and Rilian rank VDT as their favorite book in the series.
The conclusion to Rilian and Glumpuddle’s commentary on “Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia.” The podcasters try to re-think the ending a few times… only to come to the conclusion that Lewis knew what he was doing.
Dawn Treader is up next! Do you have any thoughts to share? Is there something specific you would like us to discuss? Let us know! E-mail email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org and we may read your message on the next episode.
Running Time 29:35
Rilian and Glumpuddle pick up where they left off. Trumpkin has finally finished telling the Pevensies his story, and they realize their purpose is to help Caspian take back his throne. The journey to Aslan’s How leads us to one of the most discussed chapters in the series: What Lucy Saw. Please post your thoughts below! We want to hear from you.
Running Time 27:24
The NarniaWeb Council returns to begin discussing the second Narnia book to be published, Prince Caspian: The Return to Narnia (1951). Rilian and Glumpuddle begin in Chapter 1 and proceed in more-or-less chronological order through the book.
Running Time 33:09
- How do you think PC works as a stand-alone book? (1:45)
- Did you immediately know the children were in the ruins of Cair Paravel? Were you surprised to learn that hundreds of years had passed since LWW? (3:33)
- In the treasure chamber, did you notice that Lucy’s cordial is never mentioned? (18:38)
- What were your first impressions of “the dwarf”? (8:39)
- Did you notice that the Pevensies apparently don’t learn Trumpkin’s name until after he tells his story? (9:04)
- What do you think about the four-chapter flashback? Were you disappointed to cut away from the Pevensies? (10:07)
- What were your first impressions of Reepicheep and the other Old Narnians? (23:18)
- Were you confused by the rules of using the horn? (28:18)
- When did you figure out that Trumpkin was “the dwarf” the Pevensies had met? (30:04)
Rilian and Glumpuddle begin a new series on each of C.S. Lewis’ seven Narnia books. First up is The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. Lewis published the book in 1950 not intending to write anymore. Fortunately for us, he was inspired and kept writing.
Rilian and Glumpuddle disagree about the Deeper Magic. What do you think?
Running Time 54:28
The NarniaWeb news page is alive and well! Douglas Gresham says he wants to make The Silver Chair next, and he would like to make it independently. A seven-year moratorium prevents him from starting anytime soon. Rilan and Glumpuddle discuss the possible pros and cons of Gresham’s vision. Read the report here.
Running Time 27:52