This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby beloved » May 22, 2010 5:55 pm

Attachments
4.JPG
4.JPG (17.56 KiB) Viewed 24389 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (18.65 KiB) Viewed 24389 times
1.JPG
1.JPG (23.52 KiB) Viewed 24389 times

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » May 22, 2010 5:56 pm

Good heavens, I think that they hate us! The white witch? Peter and Susan? ARE YOU SERIOUS?
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby beloved » May 22, 2010 6:00 pm

It's 8ft tall, Reep has been moved from the logo to the helm, and

TILDA SWINTON!!!!???? :-o :-o

I have more pics i'm just not sure how to post them

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 6:01 pm

Hey Beloved! Very nice. Where are these acquired?

Oy. Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin, or the squeals of joy. ;)) Peter AND Susan are both on the display.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby beloved » May 22, 2010 6:05 pm

It's a megaplex, Larry H. Miller corp.

beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » May 22, 2010 6:13 pm

Peter? Susan? The White Witch? Is that supposed to be a Minotaur? I'm guessing that's the Chief Dufflepud above the White Witch. Why is there a random Faun and Satyr? I still think that picture of Edmund is horrible, why do they keep using it? Where is this poster anyway?

ceppault wrote:Oy. Let the weeping and gnashing of teeth begin, or the squeals of joy. ;))

My vote is for weeping and gnashing of teeth. Like this: :(( But at the moment I think I look more like this: :-o 8-} :-s :-\
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Gymfan15 » May 22, 2010 6:19 pm

What on earth!?!? That display is so bizarre I don't know where to start!!!!

Peter and Susan. Okay, that's a guaranteed cameo. But ON THE DISPLAY?!?! It doesn't make any sense! I get that they're trying to remind everyone of all the iconic parts of Narnia, but that is so heavy-handed and misleading I don't even know what to say. I ALMOST want to say that pic of Peter is recycled; it looks so much like him in his England school clothes.

And Jadis. I mean, :-o doesn't even accurately describe my face at the moment. I KNOW she just has a bit part, Dark Island most likely. BUT THE POSTER!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Lucy looks freaky, like she got punched in the eyes! Is that RD in the corner? Or Gael?

Summary = !?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby 7chronicles » May 22, 2010 6:35 pm

Aright here we go:
First off I’m not getting the whole White Witch, Peter or Susan? 8-}
I can see each one having a cameo in the movie, but to have them on the poster? :-o My only theory is that maybe they want non fans to see faces that intently say “Narnia”. :-s
That is definitely the Chief Duffle and I’m 99% sure that, that is Ramandu's daughter, if it is I Love the way they did her! Totally looks like the daughter of a star! :D
The Faun, Satyr, and Minotaur I think are all random creatures from VDT’s crew.
I’m Loving Aslan and Reep! :D
Overall I Love how everything is placed, just not sure why some characters were placed in the poster to begin with? :-\

Another thing to give some thought to, Could the White Witch being on the Poster have anything to do with her Stone Knife and the whole Unfathomable Fate thing? :-\ :-o [-( :-s

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 6:37 pm

Right Side top to bottom and left to right: Caspian, Reepicheep, one of two minotaurs Tavros or Jermain, Jadis, Chief Dufflepud, Nausus the faun, Caprius the satyr, and Ramandu's daughter.

Left Side top to bottom and left to right ... easy to figure out. :p
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby FriendofNarnia2 » May 22, 2010 6:39 pm

Okay, can I just come out and say it? There is pretty much nothing I like about this poster. Why in the world would they stick Peter, Susan, and the Witch on it? All you'll do is tick of the Narnia fans!

Not to mention it is a horrible picture of Lucy and Edmund, and there is nothing great about the way the poster is put together.

Two big thumbs down!
Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA
FriendofNarnia2
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

WHAT IS THIS?!?!?!

this poster makes no sense at all!

Seriously those pics of Peter and Susan look like they're from PC (and what are htey doing there in the first place?!?!?!). Lucy looks bad...again. Ben. Seriously. That picture is so bad. How many times can they put Reep on a poster? That picture of Edmund again? It's horrible! That minatour looks like it was drawn. Is RD doing voodoo chant or something? There's the stupid cheesy tagline again. Ok why is Tilda on it? Why was this poster even created?! It's so bad! I'm so confused right now :( . Why do they do this to us?!?!?! :((
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ArcherForAslan » May 22, 2010 6:49 pm

So...I'm not really sure how to react to this. Because first of all, why in the world would Peter and Susan be on this poster? I understand giving them a cameo (Susan in particular seeing as she's needed for the beauty spell), but WHY would that merit a place on the poster? And Tilda Swinton...Until something official comes along, I'm going to be in firm denial that that's supposed to be the White Witch. Tilda could very well be playing something else, and there is less reason for the WW to be on this poster than there is for Peter or Susan. I don't think she was even on the PC poster, was she? Please correct me if I'm wrong.

And why do they keep using that picture of Edmund? It's awful and odd-looking. Lucy's eyes really bother me too. And Reepicheep really sticks out when he really shouldn't. The coloring/lighting on him is all off.

I do, however, like the look of Eustace, Aslan, Caspian, and Ramandu's daughter (if that is her in the lower right hand corner). But overall, I'm really not sure what to make of this poster/display thing.
Avy by Sarah from totallygeorgie.com
ArcherForAslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby spartan5 » May 22, 2010 6:51 pm

As the OP noted, this is not a simple poster, it's a large 3-D (hehe) display for the movie. This leaves plenty of room to include non-primary characters that might not be included on future posters due to space limitations.

Peter and Susan are there, I imagine, to establish some continuity with the previous films. Chief Dufflepud looks awesome. But, I'm at a loss for why some of the other characters are there. That side of the display looks a bit crowded.

But Jadis? Hopefully a small role. Then again, Tilda Swinton's performance in LWW was highly praised, so perhaps having her on some of the marketing stuff isn't such a bad idea.
spartan5
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Lady Galadriel » May 22, 2010 6:52 pm

Where on earth is this poster? :-\

Gymfan15 wrote: Peter and Susan. Okay, that's a guaranteed cameo. But ON THE DISPLAY?!?! It doesn't make any sense! I get that they're trying to remind everyone of all the iconic parts of Narnia, but that is so heavy-handed and misleading I don't even know what to say. I ALMOST want to say that pic of Peter is recycled; it looks so much like him in his England school clothes.

It looks like Susan's leave hairstyle at the end of PC, doesn't it? Strange.... :-s

Gymfan15 wrote: And Jadis. I mean, :-o doesn't even accurately describe my face at the moment. I KNOW she just has a bit part, Dark Island most likely.

She does??? x_x %-(

daughter of the King wrote: I still think that picture of Edmund is horrible, why do they keep using it?

Edmund's holding the sword by the hilt now, at least. ;)) ;;)
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 6:54 pm

Of course you can say that you do not like this poster, FoN2. :)

For the record, I am good with it.

No reason Jadis cannot show up in a nightmare-come-to-life of Ed's. That is where I would anticipate seeing her, personally.

*is excited yet offers creamy chocolate to anyone badly stressed*
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Reepi » May 22, 2010 6:55 pm

It will be funny when they announce Tilda Swinton will play the Lady of the Green Kirtle.

/edit: I like it how worldly Susan looks like the description of book Jadis (very pale skin, black hair, very red lips). Coincidence?

And btw they should take the "Return to Hope" off of all posters. Clearly all that was lost already when the script was leaked.

So, who will figure out first what is in the reflection of Lucys magical eyes?
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Next