This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Survey; Edmund in LWW or PC?

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Survey; Edmund in LWW or PC?

Postby GeorgieXOXOsmile » Mar 10, 2010 2:08 pm

I know you have probably seen my thread on Lucy...http://www.narniaweb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=610 But as we go one step up in age order, we move on to Edmund! :)

I'm not really sure of which movie/book I like Edmund in the most. He is an interesting character that is needed in both movies/books. Maybe if you tell me your opinions I will decide which I like better!

Now it's time for you to tell me: Do you like Edmund in LWW or PC?
Also please point out different reasons for each movie/book!
Thanks for reading! :)

P.S. I have another question for you: Do you like these Pevensie surveys I am doing? Susan is next!
GeorgieXOXOsmile
NarniaWeb Nut

Re: Survey; Edmund in LWW or PC?

Postby Bother Eustace » Mar 11, 2010 7:52 am

I liked Edmund in both, but I think I liked him better in PC. I would have preferred if he had a bigger part (he was sort of swallowed in the collective shadow of Caspian and Peter), but he was definitely a hero in PC; especially when he destroyed the White Witch ("I know; you had it sorted."). He was much more mature and kingly than he was in LWW; of course, the whole point of his character in LWW was that he was a traitor and a brat. Oh, and I love the scene where Peter is riding away from Miraz's castle on a horse, and Edmund is flying above him on a Gryphon. I always add in my own commentary at that point: "Nice horse, Pete... I gotta Gryphon. Ha." :p

Ed's always been one of my favorite characters... certainly my favorite in LWW and PC.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby eustacegirl » Mar 11, 2010 9:16 am

I like him most in PC, because he was so helpful and learned from his mistakes and defended Lucy. I thought he was funny. In LWW he was sad and reasonably so, but in this one he was humorous and it did show him sad at time sthough. I like how it showed he was thinking deeply.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bother Eustace » Mar 11, 2010 2:41 pm

eustacegirl, I agree, I liked it when he defended Lucy about seeing Aslan. That really showed how his character had changed from who he was during the first half of LWW. I also liked how he backed Peter up during the duel, encouraging him and such.
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby greenbird37 » Mar 11, 2010 10:35 pm

I liked him in LWW better...he was more believable as Edmond and a person who learned from his mistakes. In PC he did not stand out as much! :)
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Mar 12, 2010 9:19 am

Gonna have to go with Edmund in LWW.

My all time very scene with Edmund is actually in PC when he sticks up for Lucy on the cliff, but they changed it enough in the movie I didn't like it as much.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Mar 12, 2010 5:53 pm

I like Edmund in PC best because he shows the healthy signs of how Aslan has changed him from the boy he used to be in LWW to the changed young man he is in PC!

yes, GeorgieXOXOsmile, I like your surveys!!!!! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Mar 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I'd like him in both movies but PC the best (even though it seemed like he was hardly in it X( :p ). His character seemed a bit more developed and he was just generally more likeable.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby narnia fan 7 » Mar 13, 2010 7:59 am

I have to go with Edmund in PC his character more likeable and more kingly and the best scene in PC with Edmund is when he sticks up for Lucy about seeing Aslan.
narnia fan 7
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Mar 13, 2010 8:42 am

I like Edmund better in PC. He has some good moments in LWW (I love the line "Peter's not king yet") but he was selfish for a lot of the movie. In PC his character is stronger. He is a better person.
fantasia_kitty wrote:My all time very scene with Edmund is actually in PC when he sticks up for Lucy on the cliff, but they changed it enough in the movie I didn't like it as much.
Do you mean Edmund's line or the way they gave Peter Trumpkin's lines? I like the way Edmund expresses himself better in the book, but having him side with Lucy in any form is better than not having side with her at all (like they did in the BBC version :p ).
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby FrecklefaceJill » Mar 13, 2010 8:42 am

Well, now that I think about it, I might like him better in PC than LWW, just because he acts more mature and grown-up. :) One time I counted, and Edmund had like, five or six lines ONLY in PC. :-o So to me in PC he's like a background character............................ :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

Great thread, GEORGIEXOXOSMILE! :D

~Jill~
Co-founder of the Dragon Fan Club!!! PM me if you'd like to join!
Avvie by AslansChild
Hoot Owl of NW! PM Lady Faith to join!
NW sib: Quinlin
FrecklefaceJill
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby lover of narnia » Mar 13, 2010 9:56 am

Ooooh...Edmund in PC or LWW? That's kinda hard, but I'm going to have to say PC. He seemed, as people have stated above, more mature. He grew, not only in age but his character and nature. Even though he was quiet, and his lines were little his added presence just made it nice. It's better than him not in it at all right ;) He had great lines in LWW, and after his and Aslan's talk I liked him a ton better. It kinda balances out, but I liked him better in PC. He also added some humor in the second movie. He was stronger, soft spoken and much more of a man. So Yes, I enjoyed him more in PC. (It also helps that PC was my ALL TIME favorite of the two :p )

EDIT~*

Yes I do enjoy your surveys! I read through your Lucy one but never posted. Can't wait for Susan!! :D

Loyal supporter of Caspian/Susan.
NW Family: Aunty Vi, LadyC, Rose, Chloe
Secret Order of the Swoosh.
Keeper of the Secret Magic
L6
lover of narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby NaiadWaker » Mar 13, 2010 9:58 am

Hey, awesome thread.
I would have to say that I like Ed better in LWW, even though he was purely awesome in PC.
I agree that Ed was much more believable as, well, Ed in LWW. I did like how he was portrayed as a truly changed person in PC, but it just wasn't enough to measure up with LWW.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Gathmandais » Mar 13, 2010 10:03 am

Well, are we talking about the character roll or the character themself? If it's the character roll, I think he had very important rolls to play in each movie. In LWW, the whole story is Aslan coming to save Narnia from the evil witch and dying to save Edmund. One could say the the whole story is about Aslan and Edmund. Edmund portraying the sinful man and Aslan representing Jesus. So, you know, that's a pretty important roll.

In PC, his roll is more visible, but seemingly not quite as important. Yes, he stood next to Lucy when nobody else believed her, he was an encouragement to them all in different parts of the movie, and he fought valiantly, and he was clear headed through the whole thing. But, it just doesn't seem he has an as-important part as in the LWW.
NW twin to Aravis_Tarkheena011.
Brother to Weirdo.
A fanatic Sparrow.
Gathmandais
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby NaiadWaker » Mar 13, 2010 11:50 am

Good point,Gathmandais!
I agree with you; Ed's part is more vital to the plot in LWW than PC.
Which is why i like him in LWW better.
NaiadWaker
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby LadyGrace » Mar 13, 2010 2:39 pm

It's hard to say... I've always liked Edmund. He's really funny in PC. ;;) But I don't even own PC... it wasn't nearly as good. But over all I think I like him better in PC, mostly because he was so funny. :D But one thing I didn't like about Edmund in PC is (they did this with all the characters) that his attitude was to modern. But I still really liked him. :D
LadyGrace
NarniaWeb Nut

Next