This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

VDT Extras Casting

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: VDT Extras Casting

Postby icarus » Oct 30, 2009 4:24 pm

One new casting, and one new piece of information - both of which seem to match up with the previous two castings (on post #14), suggesting that the production are currently casting numerous female fashion models and young children for extras work.

I can't imagine they would ever want to use fashion models for Lone Island Slaves or Dufflepuds, so the theory that they may be presently casting for Mermaids and Mer-Boys is looking quite good....

Paige Duffy - Unknown Role
Represented by VOX, Paige graced the catwalk in the Sunshine Coast Fashion Festival. Paige is also a regular extra on Invisible Army

Note the date on this Twitter post from the Kid Nation Agency. Just over 1 week ago:

Kid Nation Agency wrote: "Jobs in for Invisible Army" Oct 22nd, 2009.

http://twitter.com/KidNationAgency/status/5082918509
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 02, 2009 3:24 pm

Two more extras, though with not a great deal to say about either at the moment. Lone Islanders/Dawn Treader Sailors remain likely possibilities for them, perhaps less so with the first given the phrasing of the time period, but then terms like "just" and "recently" can be very vague at times.

That all said, once you move away from those two main groups (lone islanders / dawn treader sailors), it does become very interesting as to what roles any such extras could possibly be filling:

Colin McCamley - Unknown Role
Colin is represented by Tabitha and has just secured a role in the invisable army

Jim McDonald - Unknown Role
My latest gig has been as an extra in the latest Narnia film

http://www.mysunshinecoast.com.au/artic ... ding,15355

Oh yeah, and this guy... ;)

Trevor Ross - The Car Driver
Trevor Ross stepped in willingly as the driver. Trevor was required on Wednesday the 22nd July for costume fitting and hair style change to a Hitler-style slick down

There's a few other names and people i've got my eyes on, but once you start moving away from the big casting sites like eCaster/StarNow/CastingCallPro or official agency/management sites, it becomes difficult to verify anything for certain.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 04, 2009 11:53 am

Several reasonably self-explanatory castings here. Though im not too sure about what the first one is refering to - a "Narnian Rower", and a female as well. There certainly arent any adult females amongst the DT crew (are there?), so im not sure where else you might find a rower in the movie... Perhaps back on the Lone Islands with all the small fishing boats and slave boats? Or perhaps even the Dufflepuds when they row out to sea? Hmm. I don't know....

Bianca Tsakissiris - Narnian Rower
Represented by Vox Talent Management Bianca Tsakissiris has recently worked as a Narnian Rower in the Feature Film Narnia "Invisible Army".

Simon Edds - USA Military Officer
FEATURE FILM / 2009 / The Chronicles of Narnia – Voyage of the Dawn Treder / Featured Extra – USA Military Officer

Byron J Brochmann - Stand in for Pug & Lord Rhoop
‘The Chronicles of Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Treader’ USA Feature
Stand In: (Characters: Pug & Lord Rhoop). In Production 2009

Also there is an update on one of the young kids from the previous page to say he spent a 2nd week on the set. That does make it very intriguing as to what they could possibly be shooting with any number of young child extras this late into production... hmmmm....

Alex enjoyed a 2ND week on set of Invisible Army. Role confidential. Proudly represented by Gilchrist Casting.

*EDIT* Updated Byron J Brochmann, stand in for Lord Rhoop as well as Pug.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Nov 06, 2009 10:13 pm

Alrighty, I was kindly provided with some info. Allows me to fill in the blanks on the creature extras.

Tavros the Minotaur ... Shane Rangi
Jemain the Minotaur ... Tamiti ???? (icarus, my contact didn't have the last name on hand. Gives you something to look for ;) )
Caprius the Satyr ... Ryan Ettridge
Cruickshanks the Dwarf ... Chris Cruickshanks
Randy the Faun ... Morgan Evans
16 stunt actors to play Dufflepuds :)

Nothing terribly new here other than confirming what icarus has found already. Only that there will be two minotaurs and the second guy isn't just a stand-in for Shane. And don't worry, the cheesy names won't turn up in the movie. ;)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Nov 07, 2009 9:04 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:Randy the Faun ... Morgan Evans

Really? That is actually incredibly amazingly awesome! I honestly thought it was a very very very long shot that the Morgan playing a faun from this film could possibly be the same Morgan that played a random stunt-faun extra in Prince Caspian. And I know he's probably not supposed to be playing the same role or anything, and they probably just recast him because he was Australian and had the prior stunt-faun experience, but one can't help but dream about the possibilities of expanded universe, cross-movie connections that could be implied by such a seemingly trivial and insignificant detail :)

Here is his website by the way http://www.trace-elements.com.au/morgan.html Or at least, the website for his free-running team (that was seemingly the main reason he and alot of the other fauns in Prince Caspian were cast - for all the crazy running and flipping, particuarly during the Night Raid)

Jemain the Minotaur ... Tamiti ????

16 stunt actors to play Dufflepuds

Sounds like a challenge! Well, at least i've found my fun for today :D

Good to hear that stunt actors will be playing the Dufflepud extras though - hopefully that equates to lots of jumping and flipping and bouncing around! :)
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Nov 09, 2009 1:22 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote:Jemain the Minotaur ... Tamiti ???? (icarus, my contact didn't have the last name on hand. Gives you something to look for ;) )

Boy, it would sure help if I could spell correctly. It's Tamati, not Tamiti. :ymblushing:

ETA: And now that I'm spelling it correctly 8-| I bet it's this guy... Tamati Rice (Tamati Te Nehotu).

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0723561/
http://fanzone50.com/Tamati/
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Nov 10, 2009 3:57 pm

I was very tempted to say the same thing when i saw him, he certainally does look a fair match for the guy seen in the set photos but there was one thing that confused me about him.

I was trying to find an official online resume for him by looking up his agency/management website using the fanmail.biz directory, and yet whilst he is listed on there (as an actress for some reason) his agency contact links through to a page for a "Tamati Patuwai", who looks very similar, and has pretty much all the same credits as listed for "Tamati Rice/Tamati Te Nehotu on IMDB. The profile for "Tamati Patuwai" states his height to be only 5 foot 10, which means he couldn't possibly be the guy playing the minotaur, but when you search for "Tamati Patuwai" on google, all the pages it brings up all agree that he is the same person as Tamati Rice/Tamati Te Nehotu. e.g. here. I guess its possible that IMDB has mistakenly combined the credits of two different actors onto the same page, and that everyone else has just taken its lead from there, or perhaps he is the right guy, but he isnt as short as his profile says. Either way, im thoroughly confused.

I was half wondering whether or not the "Jemain" part of his character name was related to his real name (as with Chris Cruickshank's character, and many of the extras on PC e.g. Lord Montoya). I wouldn't of thought it would be a "proper" character name like Tavros and Caprius seemingly are (though Asterius and Tyrus never had their names used in PC, and i wouldnt expect these to be any different), though of course, the "Jemain" bit could be a cast in-joke like "Randy the Faun" (incidently, i wonder if the fact that he was also a "Random Faun" in PC had a part to play in that joke). Anyway, to finally end, here is a picture of Morgan Evans
http://www.actionstunts.com.au/asa_morganevans.html without the Faun makeup. Apparently there is also a popular australian singer called Morgan Evans, but its fairly easy to distinguish between the results for them. lol.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby icarus » Nov 10, 2009 4:43 pm

A few new extra castings while im here. All from the Nebula Agencies website. Again unknown roles at present, but hopefully should be able to get some new information later:

Sharon Parr - Unknown Role
SHARON PARR - Has just wrapped up her days on Narnia but is expected to see a few more days in the future.

*ROLE TITLE ADDED*
Francois Anguille - Body Double for King Caspian
FRANCOIS ANGUILLE - Walked into my office on Thursday, auditioned on Friday and secured a role as a body double for one of the Stars of Narnia and shot on Monday. Told him we'd make him a Star - well almost.

Body Double for Ben Barnes on Narnia feature film.

EDIT:

Brock Hastings Booth - Unknown Role
BROCK BOOTH - Has just been booked for a couple of days on NARNIA.

http://www.nebulaagencies.com.au/index. ... &Itemid=33
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm

Here's an interesting one that I don't think has been mentioned yet.

Adam Lochowicz - "He will play a monster character in the upcoming Narnia movie and will do filming later this month."

http://www.whitsundaytimes.com.au/story/2009/11/12/troopers-storm-blood-bank/
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Nov 18, 2009 1:41 am

Adam Lochowicz...a monster character...

Very interesting. Even using the broadest definition of the word "monster" i would struggle to think what he could be possibly playing. Surely there is no way he could be playing the sea monster on set - that would just be crazy.

Anyway, here is a kind of interesting casting with several very interesting quotes. They all come from the guys' blog:

Mirko Grillini - "The Belligerent Telmarine" (Dawn Treader Sailor)
I was checking emails and I received confirmation of my role, "The Belligerent Telmarine".

My first day began in Cleveland where the Dawn Treader (the boat) was parked

http://mirkogrillini.blogspot.com/2009/ ... arnia.html

Mirko Grillini on Arthur Angel:
Arthur (red shirt) plays Rhince in the film, joining the crew on board of the Dawn Treader to begin his voyage looking for his wife

Mirko Grillini on Tony Nixon:
Narnia has now reopened the door to his screen performance abilities with his role of Rynelf, the right hand of Captain Drinian (played by Gary Sweet). He is effectively my boss on the boat

That would seem to confrim the theories that Rhince is now just a regular person who joins them on the voyage to search for his wife, and that Rynelf is now the First Mate in his place. Why they have possibly made such an odd change is debate for another topic though.

http://mirkogrillini.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ctors.html

Photo of Marko Grillini on set in costume:

http://mirkogrillini.blogspot.com/2009/ ... ousin.html
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Nov 18, 2009 10:22 am

Wowsers.... hope this guy doesn't get into huge amounts of trouble for posting that. I'm looking into whether or not it'd be safe to post that on the front page.

ETA: I wonder if the belligerent Telmarine means he's Pittencream? But if he was, why wouldn't they just give him that name? Probably he's just a belligerent Telmarine. :P
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Nov 18, 2009 11:48 am

fantasia_kitty wrote:I wonder if the belligerent Telmarine means he's Pittencream? But if he was, why wouldn't they just give him that name? Probably he's just a belligerent Telmarine. :P

Yeah, I kind of thought that as well - the description does seem quite well suited for Pittencream, but as you say, why wouldnt they just call him that instead. Though i would still assume his role was heavily related to the mutiny scenes in some way - a bit of Telmarine/Narnian beligerence wouldnt go amiss there. ;)

Interestingly he has updated that page since this morning to include a third actor - Steve Rookie, playing what would look to be another Faun.

**UPDATED**
Steven Rookie - Nausus the Faun
In the other picture we have Steven Rookie, a wonderful young actor who has to wear everyday a lot of prosthetics to jump into character. Steven has a strong background in theatre acting which allows him a magnificent development of the character he's taken on. I cannot disclose much about his role, but rest assured that he will capture your attention on the big screen.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Bother Eustace » Nov 20, 2009 7:00 am

Ah, so the Steven Rookie character is being discussed somewhere.... I guess I shouldn't have posted a new thread on him, then. Well, you live and learn. Anyway, I read that part of Mirko Grillini's blog, and I've been curious ever since. I'm almost sure this prosthetic-clad character is just and extra or something, but it's weird how Grillini refuses to talk about his role, when he just spilled the beans on Rhince and Rynelf, who are much bigger roles. Then again, I see in your post Icarus that the Steven Rookie part didn't appear until a later update, so maybe he was just in a less generous mood by that time... :p
"Of course we've got to find him (if we can). That's the nuisance of it. It means a search party and endless trouble. Bother Eustace." ~ Caspian, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader
Sig: lover of narnia
Bother Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby fantasia » Nov 20, 2009 9:49 am

That's been what I've been wondering about too Bother Eustace... Why did he mention so much about Rhince and Rynelf and yet an extra faun gets next to nothing.
My best guess is that Mirko knew Rhince and Rynelf are in the book but may not have known their roles have been changed so he felt free to talk about them. Whereas fauns are not in the book and that's why he was keeping Steven Rookie's character a secret. At any rate, I can now fill in the last Narnian that I didn't know about on the Cast and Crew page. :)
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby icarus » Nov 21, 2009 8:39 am

Lots more extras casting, including our first Dufflepud extra! :D These come from a whole load of random sources....

*UPDATED LINKS*
Mary Bradney-George - Dufflepud #5
Congratulations to Mary Bradney-George (Bellingen Basics and Advanced) who is a Featured Extra in the 3rd installment of the Narnia series!!! Look out for Dufflepod 5!!

http://www.queenodrama.com/queenodrama.aspx

Richard McDiarmid - Dawn Treader Sailor
Richard enjoyed a day on the set of Invisibale Army. Role confidential. Richard is represented by Gilchrist Casting.

2009 / Sailor / Narnia

Mark Tearle - Stunt Slave
Chronicles of Narnia / Stunt Slave

Kaytlin Campbell - Child Villager
Congratulations Kaitlyn! Kaytlin Campbell will be a child villager (extra) in the new movie Narnia - Voyage of the Dawn Trader. We cannot wait to see our OLHC Star.

Kayltin spent 2 weeks on set as a village child extra.

2009 / Female villager / Narnia, the return of the Dawn Treader

http://www.olhchendra.qld.edu.au/dev/ad ... 202009.pdf

Jennifer van Heeckeren - Unknown Role
Since returning to Australia, Jennifer has acted in plays for Newtown Theatre and played the lead in two feature films, currently in edit. Her stage sword fighting led to a part in Narnia, the third film

http://www.talentdevelopmentproject.org ... php?id=175
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Nov 22, 2009 12:04 pm

Here's something interesting. On Mirko Grillini's blog, he talks about the two minotaurs, but he spells the second actor's name Tamate instead of Tamati.
However, googling it doesn't bring up anything useful.

I actually wonder about this guy here....
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3453067/
Googling him, he seems to be a stage actor from NZ. Can't find much else on him.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

PreviousNext