This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Ditto Fountain I

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 05, 2009 9:32 pm

Time Rift

Wolf nodded as well, then glanced over at Maria, who was staring at him. Feeling rather self-conscious, he turned away, walking purposefully toward the portal. However when he passed Zane, he glanced down and gave the boy a wry grin.

"See ya, kid," he said, passing a hand over the boy's dark hair. Wolf saw the mother stiffen slightly, but ignored it. That was something he was going to have to get used to, if he stayed with the "good guys." He walked up to the portal and paused right before entering it, glancing over his shoulder at Maria.

"Thanks," he said shortly. And then he was gone.

Charlie said nothing, only double-checked her weapons supply. Confident she had everything, she turned and began to make her way to the portal. She stopped by Maria and gave the girl a tiny smile. Reaching out, she did a very human thing and squeezed the Jedi's arm gratefully. Then she exited gracefully through the portal.

Maria sighed. "I guess that's it then," she said softly.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby zlcva » Sep 05, 2009 10:05 pm

Time Rift

Solarflare flicked a couple switches, and the portal dimmed, then disappeared.

"I guess so," he said in reply to Maria. He turned to Zacce.

"So, Fearless Leader, what do we do with this place?" he asked.

"We need to make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands again," Zacce said. "I think it needs to be destroyed."

"But there's so much information on that computer!" Solarflare protested. "Not just stuff that could end the world. Historical records, medical info, science more advanced than even us Autobot's..."

"Alright, alright," Zacce conceded. "But we need to keep it a secret. Need-to-know-basis only. For now, I'd like to get home and see my family. But I'll come back soon and we can start going through the computer, figure out what needs to be preserved and what can be erased." He glanced at the fallen body of Burnrubber laying across the lab.

"Solarflare, could you take Burnrubber's body with you back to Autobot City? He deserves a proper internment."

"Sure, Zacce," Solarflare said and moved to comply. As he did so, Zacce turned to the Librarian and Susan.

"What will you two do now?" he asked.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 06, 2009 9:54 am

greenleaf23 wrote:The Aftermath
"Courting?!" Ellie asked. Now it was her turn to be surprised, "Why in the world would you want to read books about courting?" Personally, she found books about battles and glory much more interesting, with heroes and quests, especially in poetry. Not that she thought courting was a bad thing, she realized now she had never really thought about it at all.

Molly thougth for a woman. "Well, the general rule in my family is if we have not courted by 18, tehn that means we never will."
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 06, 2009 12:06 pm

Time Rift

"Well, the TARDIS still seems to be in usable condition. I'd quite like to travel back and see if I can find these Time Lords who lived on this planet in the distant past. After all, I do not have much to go back to," The Librarian replied.

"Can I come with?" Susan asked.

"Certainly. I could use a companion in my journeys."
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Lady Arwen » Sep 06, 2009 4:09 pm

Time Rift

"EXCUSE ME, but this elf and his wife, or rather, our author, has a question or two that seems to have been ignored, either that, or she has been too busy to pay attention and missed the answer," Neíhudir said slightly loudly, so as to gather a bit more attention this time. "Either way, we still need to know...what happened to my sisters' family? They were with Sh'thaura at the Jedi Council...."
Lady Arwen
The Mermod

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 06, 2009 5:25 pm

The Aftermath
"Well then", Ellie replied as she began to stand up, "reading about it won't help you much." She grabbed the book she had been reading and walked over to the door. The girl was still standing where she had been, thinking about what Ellie had said. She opened the door, but when she was half-way out she turned back. "I hope you find what you're looking for.", Ellie quietly said, then she closed the door behind her with out a sound.

When she was out the door, she began to walk down the halls that led to her quarters. She wanted to try to get some sleep, but when she reached the narrow path that led to an old unused watchtower she paused, arguing with herself which way to go.
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby zlcva » Sep 06, 2009 5:49 pm

Time Rift
Zacce nodded approvingly of the Librarian's plan, and then scratched in his chin thoughtfully at Neihudir's query.

"I imagine they're wherever they were before the rifts appeared, just like everyone else," he guessed.
Just then, Solarflare approached with Burnrubber's body laying across his arms.

"Organics," he said with mock disdain, though a smile was still seen tugging at his lips. "All you ever do is stand around wagging your little tongues all day. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm ready to get out of this twisted place."

Not waiting for a response, he strode purposefully to the door that led to the forest, and stepped through the portal.
Zacce looked at Sh'thaura and shrugged with an amused smile. Trusting the Librarian and Susan to be able to handle launching the TARDIS without an audience, Zacce waved farewell to the Time Lord and his companion and followed Solarflare out of the lab.

There was a flash of light, and Zacce found himself standing beside the Autobot in the forest outside Ditto Town. The sun was just beginning to peak out over the trees.

A (Slightly) Less Normal Life
Chase led Nessie back outside, the manuscript carefully tucked under his arm. Half and hour later, they were seated in the Cup and Platter, waiting for a light meal to arrive.

"So, this is going to help us find a translator, how?" Nessie asked as she sipped her water.

"The Cup and Platter is the place to find someone to help you on an adventure," Chase replied grandly, taking a gulp of his own water. He leaned across the table towards her and whispered conspiratorially.

"Did you know, Nessie, that we are sitting in the exact spot the Fountain Fellowship was when they were approached by Habacca the Wookiee to help him find his missing brother on Kashyyyk?" His eyes gleamed with pride at being in such a, in his mind, hallowed spot.

"Um, wow!" Nessie said, trying to sound impressed. She knew that she was in for yet another retelling of the Fountain Fellowship's deeds from all those years ago. She tried not to let her eyes glaze over as her uncle launched into the story for the umpteen-millionth time. She liked history like her uncle and all, but that didn't mean she had to be as excited hearing the same stories over and over again as her uncle was in telling them over and over and over and over...

She hoped that someone would show up and distract her uncle before she fell asleep.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 07, 2009 8:26 am

((Eusy I know I'm just as bad but I cannot stress Titles and Spelling and Grammar enough please run your posts through word and use the spell check))

Hamelin
Unfortunately Caden's response was not the same and since the bonds that held him frozen broke all his blood started to circulate and he fell unconscious.

The Aftermath
Matt began his patrol when he noticed a man out on the castle walls "Hey you!" he yelled; the man turned. "Oh forgive me John" and John replied. "Its perfectly alright Mathew, I couldn't sleep so I came out here"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 07, 2009 8:56 am

The Aftermath
Ellie decided on the watchtower. She swiftly and silently climbed the 102 stairs it took to get to the top, and stayed low once she got there so she wouldn't be noticed. She picked a spot out of sight of the guards in the nearest tower and sat down. Then she found there was a small crack in the stone she could look out of, seeing the outer wall and some of the closest houses to the castle. She opened the book to where she left off and read the last few pages of a poem about a great battle that took place long ago. As she finished she glanced through the crack again and saw Matt talking to John. There are many that can't sleep tonight she thought. Out of curiosity she watch them for a few more minutes until they walked out of view, then she began to read the next poem.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 07, 2009 11:36 am

The Aftermath
Matt continued his watch until he was replaced by a man by the name of Cam "Good night sir" he had said while Matt walked away. The next day Matt rolled out of bed with a groan, fixed his hair a little and grabbed his sword and bow, then walked down to the mess hall.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 07, 2009 11:47 am

The Aftermath
The first rays of sunlight coming over the horizon awakened Ellie. She opened her eyes, and remembered she was in the old watchtower, the book she had been reading last night still in her lap. She wasn't sure if or when she was on duty today, so she grabbed the book and quickly ran down the stairs. She didn't really care if anyone heard her, but she made little sound anyway. She was headed for the mess hall, and since the library was close by she put the book back where it belonged quickly and went on her way. Even as fast as she went she was still late, and there were only 20 or so people left when she got there. All she grabbed was an apple, then she went to find Matt and figure out what she was to do today.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 07, 2009 11:54 am

The Aftermath
Matt was in his office doing paper work -Another thing he hated- when he heard a knock at his door "Come in" he said without looking up from his papers "Oh hello Ellie"
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 07, 2009 12:19 pm

The Aftermath

Molly fingered through the pages of her book, wondering if she must take Ellie's advice. If she didn't find a man soon, her stepfather will sell her. It was daylgiht hours. She looked at the sunrise, wondering how ,long she would have to live like this.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 07, 2009 3:11 pm

The Aftermath
"Hello." Ellie said back. She paused for a few seconds, trying to figure out the best way to ask what he had been talking to John about. Knowing how much he hated paperwork, she decided to start with an easier question. "I was wondering what my duties are to be today." she asked.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 07, 2009 9:45 pm

Time Rift

((I'm having severe writers block with this one right now. So I'm going to have to settle for a PC post.))

Maria followed Zacce and Solarflare out of the lab.

Sh'thaura and Zane followed also.

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum
or
The Result of Watching Too Many Sci-Fi Shows

It started out like a normal day. I got up, had some orange juice, let the dog out of his cage, and went to my computer. It was going slower than usual, but then my laptop was dying and I was used to it by now. Sipping my orange juice, I waited for it to start up so I could go onto NarniaWeb. I waited . . . and waited . . . and waited.

Finally, with a loud grinding sound that made the dog yelp in surprise, my screen lighted up. Only, it did not look like my usual desktop. I did not remember putting up a picture of swirling blue and white lights . . . that were moving . . . in hypnotizing circles. Setting down my glass, I peered closer at the screen.

Suddenly I found myself falling into the screen! I did not even have time to scream or call for help before I was stumbling over wires and circuitry. I landed hard on my rear and winced accordingly. Needless to say I was dumbfounded. If I had been in a movie or something, I would have thought of something witty to say. Me being, well, me, and not in a movie, all I could say was, "huh???"

Feeling disoriented, I looked around me as I stood. It was dark and crowded in . . . wherever I was. The only light was coming from a door to my right. Of course I assumed this was the way out and made my way towards it. Stepping through I found myself not in my cramped living room, but in the middle of a cobble-stoned road. Old looking buildings lined the street and more than a few people walked up and down the sidewalks. I started when I saw a person with bright red skin and tentacles coming out of her head. I turned around quickly to go back into the dark room with the wires, thinking maybe I could find another door, but there was nothing there. Only empty space and a large Fountain . . . with a platypus swimming in it.

I realized then that I was in deep trouble.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby Bookwyrm » Sep 07, 2009 10:53 pm

A (Slightly) Less Normal Life

Matthew entered the kitchen after the departure of Jakov and his entourage. He handed Moira the order, half-hoping she would act at least somewhat concerned. He was disappointed.

"Dear me, that is a big order. We can do it though!" Moira said, glancing at the sizable order-sheet.

This is a job for the Time-Lock!" Pandora said, mock-excitedly and slapped a control on the wall. There was a humming noise and the interior of Death by Pasty was sealed off from the outside world and removed from the normal flow of the space-time continuum.

Miss Lucinda Evangeline hurried out of the Realms, laughing happily to herself. At last the Books of Ascension were hers, all hers! Then she spotted Katie and her easily-distracted brain was sidetracked.

"Well, goodness me! It is a day for newcomers in Ditto Town,'' the elderly woman said, rushing to Katie's side. "Oh, you are just too cute! I could just eat you right up!"

Miss Lucinda grabbed a pastry from her purse and shoved it into Katie's hand before gently pinching the little girl's cheek.

"Did your mommy and your daddy just move to our little happy town?"
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

PreviousNext