This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Growing Pains: Feedback on the New Forum

Postby NarniaNut95 » Sep 04, 2009 12:46 pm

Rivulus wrote:And for anyone wondering how I did that without using spaces, there's a really handy "Disable BBCode" checkbox at the bottom when you are using the full Post a Reply option.
That only works if you're not using any other formatting in the post, which excludes people like me who write in a certain color. :p

Fortunately, one of the mods told me in the old forum how the quoting would work here, so I was all set. Otherwise, I wouldn't have totally been thrown for a loop.
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Gymfan15 » Sep 04, 2009 12:51 pm

Btw guys, if you want to show BB code here without disabling all code, there's a nifty [code ][/code ] tag you can use, like this. :D

Code: Select all
[color=darkblue]This is how I type in Dark Blue![/color]
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby Erucenindë » Sep 04, 2009 1:12 pm

Thanks yall for all your hard work!

I think i like best is the gender thing. I can tell now if im talkin to a guy or girl! :))

No problems as of yet, great job!
My Graphics Site
Council of Elrond - Best LOTR forum
Aliit ori'shya tal'din. ~ Mandolorian Proverb
Auta i lóme; Aurë entuluva. ~ Quenya
Erucenindë
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Umbarto » Sep 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Eh... it's a little confusing, but whatever, I'll get used to it. :-s Everything looks great too, except for the narniaweb banner at the top. What's with the lack of color? Dark brown and gray? Yeah, don't like it, probably never will, but everything else is cool. Thanks for all the hard work!
‘Then rightly you game the name to the youngest of your children,’ said Ambarussa, ‘and Umbarto “the Fated” was its true form.’ –The Shibboleth of Fëanor.
Umbarto
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NarniaNut95 » Sep 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Gymfan Ah yes, that code tag is pretty cool!

Eruce, how did you get that special ë back in your username? I thought those weren't allowed on here any more.

Umbarto, the current banner is the color it used to be before it was red. Personally, I really didn't like the red, but I got used to it pretty quickly. Now, I'm really glad to have it back to brown. But, even though you may not like, I'm sure you'll get used to it soon like I got used to the red one.
Team Hoodie!
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby princess_of_narnia » Sep 04, 2009 1:26 pm

Ryan wrote:Princess, you may need to clear your cookies for it to keep you logged in.

Right now the chatroom doesn't work for me for some reason. It logs me in and then kicks me out immediately afterward. Is anyone else having this problem?

I tried that. And I am having the same problem with chat.

Is there a link to the old NarniaWeb anywhere?

Ahh man! There's no place in the profile that shows where that person is looking. Watching profiles used to be a hobbie of mine (and a lot of other NWebbers).
Sig by ski_hi_flier Avvy by campgirl
princess_of_narnia
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Heroine of Chivalry » Sep 04, 2009 1:50 pm

Though still very saddened by the loss of old Narniaweb with all its posts etc, I must admit that this new one looks very nice. I really like that the look of the site didn't completely change (as compared to the change TLC just did) as it has a similar colour scheme and layout. The avatars and sidebar being on the right is very strange, but I suppose I'll get used to it. Anyway, nice job everyone who worked on it!
I left Narniaweb for inexplicable reasons in the beginning of June 2010 and probably will not be returning (much as I love this place). So if you're wondering why I disappeared, now you know! (sort of...)
Heroine of Chivalry
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby smartypants » Sep 04, 2009 2:26 pm

I do miss the old NarniaWeb! :( Though I do really like the look of this new NW!!! Thanks to all those who worked on it! You're works is appreciated.

The only thing is my avatar and status and how many posts and when I joined and my location is all where my signature is. Is it like that on any one elses computer? :-\
smartypants
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby starkat » Sep 04, 2009 2:31 pm

princess_of_narnia wrote:
Is there a link to the old NarniaWeb anywhere?

See the first post of this thread. ;)
starkat

Postby Queen of Narnia » Sep 04, 2009 2:37 pm

narnialover101 wrote: What browser are you using?

I use firefox :)
Queen of Narnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby SusanTheArcher » Sep 04, 2009 2:46 pm

I was expecting a much bigger change! But the colours are the same and that already makes it feel much less different... It's not the radical change I was expecting. I like it! My only comment is that it feels a bit narrow, but that's probably my old computer's fault; the screen resolution isn't the same.
"'I say that if one could know what will happen after death, then not one of us would be afraid of death....One's afraid of the unknown, that's what it is.'" -- Tolstoy, War and Peace

My LiveJournal
SusanTheArcher
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Tirian » Sep 04, 2009 2:57 pm

smartypants wrote:The only thing is my avatar and status and how many posts and when I joined and my location is all where my signature is. Is it like that on any one elses computer? :-\

Your signature had some malformed code in it. I've fixed that and now it works correctly.
Still the Webmaster
Still Benevolent
Still a Dictator
Tirian
Site Admin
Grand Poobah

Postby georgiefan1 » Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

I'm definitslly mising the old NW, this will just take some time to get used to, it now looks like alot of other forums... but thanks for trying to make the forum as good as it can get! :)
NW twin to Georgiefan! NW sib to 22!
avvie by AslansChild thank you!!!
georgiefan1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby TheGentleWarrior » Sep 04, 2009 3:24 pm

PON: I keep getting kicked out of the chatroom whenever I log in too. I think this may be happening to everyone but idk. :-\

Eru: I'm also wondering the same thing too along with NN95. How'd you get the special E back?? :-\ Last I saw you your name was Eruthawin... right? :p

I just went to some people's profiles and I too, am sad that you can no longer see where they are and what they're doing..... but, what I do see, is that at the bottom of the page, I can see who's in the SO part of the forum now!! Like Aitb, and georgiefan1!! Cool! :D

EDIT: I tried the chatroom again in every room and it STILL won't work! It just kicks me out seconds after I log in without even an error message.
Proud ballet dancer!
4/23/12 - First triple pirouette en pointe!
TheGentleWarrior
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Umbarto » Sep 04, 2009 3:51 pm

NarniaNut95, yeah I'm sure I'll get used to it very quickly. I really liked the vibrancy of the red, though, and never having seen the brown before suddenly makes it feel really dull. Obviously, it's not a big deal, just difference of opinion I guess.
‘Then rightly you game the name to the youngest of your children,’ said Ambarussa, ‘and Umbarto “the Fated” was its true form.’ –The Shibboleth of Fëanor.
Umbarto
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby NarniaNut95 » Sep 04, 2009 4:49 pm

Umbarto, yep just a matter of opinion. Also, in general people tend to like best what they've seen first and gotten used to. The original brown banner was the one I "grew up with" on NWeb :p so I was most used to that and I'm glad to see it go back to that. You'd never seen the brown one and had gotten used to the red one, so now the brown looks funny to you.

Anyway, this is kinda off-topic. :ymblushing:
Team Hoodie!
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext