This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Future Movies Take 1

The community lounge for non-Narnian discussions.

Moderators: stargazer, johobbit

Re: Future Movies Take 1

Postby malkah » Oct 05, 2009 9:49 pm

lysander wrote:As for the "adult situations," are you just going off the trailer or have you read up more on the content? I'm hoping it's just one scene and that it doesn't get any worse than what we've seen.

Other than mention of the main character's "liberated" lifestyle in a few interviews, there's not much about the content online. Hopefully, it is only one scene (although we still have to sit through it :( ), but it looks like two in the trailer to me. Trailers are often misleading, though. ;)

It still looks good (and beautiful cinematography!), although with Romola Garai, I'd be tempted to see it anyway!

* #:-sabout The Hobbit* I'm wary about two films, however. (At least it's not three. :| ) Where exactly are they going to end the first one?
the light after the storm
shows that hope was never gone

Snow After Fire graphics
malkah
Moderator Emeritus
The Invincible One

Postby lysander » Oct 05, 2009 10:15 pm

malkah wrote:although with Romola Garai, I'd be tempted to see it anyway!

So. true. :)

Aside from Glorious 39 and, in the longer run, VDT and The Hobbit, I'm not entirely sure what I'm looking forward to. Middlemarch, eventually. Maybe Robin Hood.
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby checkers » Oct 07, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey, guys! New Alvin and the Chipmunks trailer here!!!!! Yay! \:D/
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnian1 » Oct 11, 2009 5:15 pm

Warrior 4 Jesus wrote:Where the Wild Things Are
The first five links below are short scenes from the movie (spoilers for sure but very cool). The other links are interviews with the creators, cast and crew members. Check 'em out here: (page 1 and 2)

http://www.traileraddict.com/tags/where ... ings-are/1

I saw those a while back,
definitely good. My favorite one is
The sun clip
followed by
the game when the few hide and refuse to come out in the open

looks great to me.
narnian1
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Oct 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Good to hear someone else is looking forward to the nostalgic movie that is Where the Wild Things Are.

INCEPTION
This upcoming movie (well, American Summer, 2010) is directed by Christopher Nolan of Memento, Batman Begins, The Dark Knight and The Prestige fame - all great movies.
The following teaser is vague but really interesting. It suggests a psychological thriller with action (maybe a bit of sci-fi) with Escher-like qualities. I love the tag-line - "Your mind is the scene of the crime".
Nolan's describes his movie as, "a contemporary sci-fi action thriller set within the architecture of the mind." I was close.

Check it out below:
http://movies.yahoo.com/premieres/15201 ... ardformat/
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Bookwyrm » Oct 11, 2009 11:49 pm

I haven't seen Memento, but I love the rest of Nolan's movies; I think Inception is pretty much a must see for me. The trailer looks pretty awesome.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 12, 2009 7:50 am

Btw, the new Toy Story 3 trailer was officially released online today; here's one place you can view it on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZrNW8nAiuM

I'm really excited for this movie. :D I love how Pixar is keeping the real story and plot under wraps...we know that a daycare is involved and Buzz gets reset, but I know that it gets a lot, lot deeper than that. Plus Lee Unkrich (the director) is on Twitter, so that's kind of fun. ;)) Can't wait till July!

Oh yeah, and did anyone see the Toy Story double-header while it was in theaters? I did, and it was amazing...it was neat to see how 3D could enhance the movie so much, even though it was added after the fact. That kind of 3D I don't mind at all; it's just when people shot movies with the intention of making it 3D and add a lot of cheap gimmicks; that it gets old.

I heard that since the Toy Story re-release was so successful, Disney/Pixar will probably be releasing other Pixar movies in 3D, with Monster's Inc. being first since it's rumored that a sequel to that movie will be coming in a few years. I, for one couldn't be more excited...I mean, can you imagine The Incredibles in 3D? Wowzers!
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby stargazer » Oct 13, 2009 2:25 pm

Thanks for that link, Gymfan! I like the first two Toy Story movies and hope the third continues the magic.

Lately I've seen several commercials for a November 6 release called The Box starring Cameron Diaz (rated PG-13 in the US). It appears to be loosely based on the 1970 Richard Matheson short story "Button, Button," in which a couple is offered a box with a button; if they press it within 24 hours they will receive great wealth but someone they don't know will die. The twist is that the box will then pass to someone they don't know.

This short story, incidentally, was made into an episode of the mid-1980s reincarnation of The Twilight Zone.

I wasn't sure how this could be expanded into a full-length feature but the trailer seems to make it much more of a horror film than the story (or the TZ episode). I'm not sure this re-telling is for me...
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby WanderingSamuri » Oct 13, 2009 5:06 pm

For fans of the King of Fighters video game series, there is a movie coming out based on the games. However, it looks like they took some "creative liberties" with the plot. Now the fighters are beamed to another dimension to fight in the tournament. Terry Bogard, the orphan dedicated to ridding South Town of the corrupting influence of Geese Howard, is now a CIA agent investigating this tournament. The main plot will follow Kyo Kusanagi, and they may or may not mention his family's rivalry with that of his teammate Iori Yagami. Other important characters like Terry's brother Andy, Joe Higashi, Geese, Blue Mary (who I was hoping would be played by Donna D'Errico), Billy Kane, Kim Kaphwan, Ryo Sakazaki, Yuri Sakazaki, and Robert Garcia, all look to be absent from the film. So it looks like I'll skip it, or only see it to see just how bad it ends up.
WanderingSamuri
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Oct 13, 2009 10:11 pm

Stargazer, The Box trailer suggests more of a thriller/drama than horror movie. The concept is intriguing but I've heard less than stellar reviews (but who knows?)

Toy Story 3 looks great! Pixar can do no wrong.
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Oct 14, 2009 8:44 am

lys wrote:the Glorious 39 trailer finally came out!

I have no idea what it's about, as I'm just watching the trailer for the first time but since I see it has both Romola Garai and Juno Temple (two of my favorite actresses) I will be looking more into it. :D :D Thanks for posting that, lys!

EDIT: Wow, cannot wait to see it! It looks lovely. I couldn't help noticing how many of the actors had worked with eachother before. Romola has worked with Juno Temple, and she has also worked with Bill Nighy. Funny.

EDIT2: Wondering, do you have any idea when it's coming out? imdb says late Nov, but that's for the UK...
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby checkers » Oct 14, 2009 10:46 am

stargazer wrote:
Lately I've seen several commercials for a November 6 release called The Box starring Cameron Diaz (rated PG-13 in the US). It appears to be loosely based on the 1970 Richard Matheson short story "Button, Button," in which a couple is offered a box with a button; if they press it within 24 hours they will receive great wealth but someone they don't know will die. The twist is that the box will then pass to someone they don't know.

This short story, incidentally, was made into an episode of the mid-1980s reincarnation of The Twilight Zone.

I wasn't sure how this could be expanded into a full-length feature but the trailer seems to make it much more of a horror film than the story (or the TZ episode). I'm not sure this re-telling is for me...

I'm so excited about this! I don't really care if it's a remake, just so long as they give credit to whom credit is due. :) It looks like they're going to change it up a bit to where
even if they don't push the button, people are still going to die, people that they do know. Just my take. :)
Co-president of the BGMCA club. <--- don't remember what that was but I left it for the nostalgia
Buds: 5, Twin Blank! <--- also don't remember who Twin Blank was. Find me if you're out there, lost one.
checkers
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby lysander » Oct 14, 2009 11:55 am

Unfortunately, Val, the last I heard there was not yet an American distributor for Glorious 39. Until they find one, no release date will be announced. I hope it doesn't end up going straight to DVD over here, because it looks like it would be lovely on the big screen! :)

I'm looking forward to Toy Story 3 as well. At first I was sort of against the whole Andy-goes-off-to-college-and-donates-toys-to-daycare idea, as it seems so different from the first two, but now I think about it, it makes sense; after all, many of us who were children when the first movie came out are now at or nearing adulthood too. I am still unsure that he would send Woody and Buzz to the daycare along with the others ... they seem to be those kinds of beloved childhood toys that one would keep around for nostalgia's sake, or even for one's own children. (This is especially true of Woody, who Andy's mother describes as "an old family toy" in Toy Story 2.)
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Gymfan15 » Oct 14, 2009 12:25 pm

He doesn't send Woody to the daycare; Andy meant to take Woody to college with him. This is not really explained in the trailer, but was shown in an extended sneak preview that made the rounds at various Cons this year.

Andy's packing up for college, and his mom asks him what he's going to do with his stuff. She asks him to pack up whatever he wants to save in a bag/box to go up to the attic, and put the rest out in a trash bag. Andy looks at Woody and Buzz for awhile, before putting Buzz with the rest of the toys and puts Woody on his desk to take with him. He means to put the toys in the attic, but some how there is a misunderstanding and the bag of toys gets thrown out in the trash, with Woody watching helplessly. Somehow the toys manage to get from the trash to a daycare; not sure how it happens.

If you watch the trailer, you'll see Andy deciding between Buzz and Woody and then Woody standing in a toy-empty room all by himself.
Gymfan15
Moderator Emeritus
Giver of Prestigious NarniaWeb Taglines™

Postby stargazer » Oct 14, 2009 1:18 pm

About The Box -

Warrior, you're correct. Thriller/drama is a much better word. Thanks.

checkers, I agree with your spoiler comments. I suspect they're fleshing out the original story with the family-related "B" plotline.
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

Postby narnian_at_heart » Oct 14, 2009 5:34 pm

I can't wait for National Treasure 3! 2011 is too far away.
narnian_at_heart
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext