This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Town Square I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square I

Postby NarniaNut95 » Jul 14, 2010 11:36 am

Mortereve all!

Libby wrote:Narnianut95: your from New England? awesome! what part? I'm from Nashua, New Hampshire :D
hehe yeah, the weather has been insanly hot!
That I am! I don't want to get too specific, but I'm about an hour outside of Boston. :D
And, you don't have AC in your home, huh? We have a window air conditioner in most of our rooms, so our house is pretty cool, but one of our cars has no AC, and that gets unbearably hot!

Ben wrote:*Sends a friendly wave to Micah* Hey! How is life treating you? Have not talked in a while, yes I know my fault! /:)
*waves back*! Life treating me quite well, thank you. How about you? Naw, it's not your fault we haven't talked. There just hasn't been anything to talk about. ;))

Djaq, it's about time you got around to posting! ;)

Mitch wrote:I'll see if I can do this without watching it... ;)) "Does Gates know about this?" It's something like that, right?
Actually, the next line is, "Random letters... a cipher..." and then the part you said.
Continuing on... "He's actually the one that discovered it. *phone rings* Excuse me."

Djaq wrote:lol! "You are so smart!" Toy Story 3.
"Thank you, I've been told that before." In Due Season So, you've seen Toy Story 3, eh? How did you like it?

Jack wrote:That's really intriguing! :) ("intriguing" is one of my favorite words)
Yes, intriguing is rather intriguing, isn't it? :P

*waves to Jojo*!!!!

Mel wrote:*invents a new answer* I have been concocting a new way of travelling between worlds and visiting ancient civilizations. Unfortunately, this has nothing to do with a princess, or a Curdie. But I'm sure an answer to the question of what 'the Curdie' might be will eventually show up... How about yourself?
Ah yes, space and time travel. Always a good pursuit. Though I'm not sure what any of that has to do with a princess or a Curdie. On the other hand, I have been put aside any thoughts of space and time travel, and have been focusing on instant matter transfer.

Rosa wrote:My sister's been following the World Cup, Nick, but not I. Our TV doesn't work. *sighs* How about you?
We don't even have TV, but a lot of the World Cup games were aired online. Yes, I was following it pretty closely once it got down to the Round of 16.

LL wrote:Ahkay. I thought so, but I can be a tad too literal sometimes. :ymblushing: :p
I see. ;))

Aunty Jo wrote:NN/Aiden was asking about the World Cup. To be upfront and honest? I had no interest. :ymblushing: :P
I have honestly been no fan of soccer, and still don't care much for the sport, but being a sports fanatic, I did enjoy the few games I was able to see. :) And it was fun to keep up with the stats. Interestingly enough, soccer and hockey are rather similar, and I have a similarly don't care much for hockey. But, I assume that you like hockey, eh? ;)

Ali wrote:the one we have now is from Spain and then the next one is from Japan :) .
That's great, I hope it goes well. :D

Ali wrote:you live in New England too? I'm in NH like Libby :) .
Yup, I do! :D See my response to Libby at the top of my post for where I live.

I'm off. Mortereve all!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 14, 2010 11:42 am

NarniaNut95[/spoiler]: wow! that's so cool! it's good to know that there are other narniawebbers besides Ali and me from New England :D btw, Ali and I are best friends in real life, so we see each other a lot :D :D

[b]Ali
: aw.....oh well. Alexa likes BTT better than you anyway, right?

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Djaq » Jul 14, 2010 2:31 pm

*comes bouncing into the Square waving to everyone and carrying a plate of chocolate chip cookies* There are plenty for everyone! (And, if you happen to not like chocolate, then I have some oatmeal raisin ones...)

I'm here for another ketchup post. Wow, the Square has been rather busy! :D

Jojo wrote:M'dear Djaq! :ymhug: OH yes, I do very highly recommend Michael Buble's CD! It's all very cute; very dramatic; very heartfelt; very pretty. I think you'd like it a lot! =]

Dearest Jojo! :ymhug: It sounds lovely! :D I quite like his song "Everything", have you heard it? I know it's not on that CD, but it's one of my favorite MB songs.

Cep wrote:Some sort of vague memory there. :p Like I have been visiting the Square a lot in the last year? Some improvement since I have given modding a break.

Only a vague memory? Well, I suppose that's what I get for not posting. :P
You have been missed in the modding world. Are you enjoying your break? :)
Aww, that picture you posted is very cute! :D Great pose by both you and the dog. ;))

Ben wrote:Oh yeah I think that I remember you! You are Dqaj? No no that's not it, Qjad? Oh yes of course! Djaq! ;)) How are things with you these days?

"Dqaj" is close enough. :P I, personally, find that "Djaq" is easier to spell though. ;)
Things are going really well with me, thanks! :D I've been doing yard work (we're trying to fix our very sloped back yard...), getting together with some friends, playing miniature golf in the rain ( :P ), and just hanging out around the house (among other things).

Ben wrote:Oh how exciting! That would be so thrilling!

It is really neat! Lots of my family members want to read it now. ;))

Ben wrote:As well as you can expect I suppose ;))

Ben wrote:*skips the first question seeing as how he has already answered that one* ;)) :P Yep I am! It is going good! It is so beautiful out here! And the weather is very nice!

Oops! I forgot that I asked you how you were doing twice. :ymblushing: ;)) I typed that post up on two different days and got a little mixed up.
How well can I expect you to be? ;)) I have always thought it would be neat to go to Colorado. It sounds lovely!

Meaningful Mel wrote:*preens* *bestows a title of equally pretentious portent because she decided not use 'dusty' or 'delinquent' referring to the recipients' long absence* I really enjoyed the rodeo I went to as well. What was your favourite event?

I am very honored to be 'Doyenne Djaq'...much more so than 'dusty' or 'delinquent'. :-s I thank you for so graciously overlooking my prolonged absence.
Hmm, my favorite event was...maybe the bull riding. Or, the broncos. What about you? :)

*comes back to say something to Mel* I've been skimming, but did I see that you have a copy of your NaNo book as well? That's great! :D Congratulations!

Rosa wrote:*sends waves and hugs from Missouri* We've been down here since Wednesday at our family reunion, which has been nice. We head home tomorrow--eight hour drive!

That's close to where I live... :( You may have been too busy, but it would have been neat if we could have met up somewhere/somehow. :)

Rosa wrote:I've been doing fairly well; I'm a bit blind at the moment, after having cortisone cream rubbed into my eye by my wonderful (trying to be positive, here) cousin. :| Heh.

Oh dear! :( That doesn't sound good! May I ask how that came about?

Rosa wrote:Congrats on getting the copy of your NaNoWriMo book, Djaq. How exciting! Did you design the cover? (Heh, stupid question. Of course you did.) ;))

Thank you! :D Lol, that actually is NOT a stupid question. ;)) I did design a cover for it, but I wasn't able to use it because we couldn't convert it to the correct file type. :( I do like the one that I ended up using though. :)

Rosa wrote:And yes, I'd be happy to PM you pictures of Sofie. :)

Thank you! :)

Lady L wrote:The crazier ones, like myself, post terribly long posts because we think it's fun. My therapist and I are discussing this phenomenon. ;) ;)) (Disclaimer: I am completely joking and do not need a therapist. . . yet)

But it is very fun! :D I suppose that means that I'm crazy...Oh, you called me crazy in the chat room the other day. It must be true. :D

You're not the only one here who likes Sky Sailing. :D I still haven't listened to all of the songs, but I really like what I have heard.

The Lovely Lady Liln wrote:*thinks the name Djaq sounds familiar, wonder how it's pronounced though* ;) :ymhug:

Well, allow me to inform you of the pronunciation...The 'd' is silent, the 'j' is pronounced like a 'y', and the 'q' is, obviously, said like 'sh'. :) I hope that clears it all up.
(disclaimer: I'm totally kidding. ;) )

Lady L wrote:*LL will pout if Djaq waits this long to return again* ;) It's been lovely seeing you in the chatroom, though!

I'm back again! ;) I couldn't bear to see you pout, so I just had to return! ;)
I have had lots of fun chatting with you too! :)

stargazer wrote:Welcome back to the Square, Djaq, and congrats on getting a printed copy of your NaNo story. That sounds pretty exciting!

Thank you muchly, stargazer (for both of your comments)! :)

*waves to A Country* :) (sorry, I couldn't resist using that nickname, Aslans Country. :ymblushing: ;)) )

*waves to Cymru as well* It's nice to see you in the Square again! :)

Bella wrote:Haha. Neat about your sister's garden! (or not entirley neat literally, because gardening is not a very neat activity but still fun, nonetheless. ;))) What does your sister plant? :)
Garbed with dreams to be a botanist, I must say that I dote on gardening. ^.^ Not that I am very good at it--this is the first year it's actually worked, but I still do like it. :P

Yes, it is true that a garden isn't entirely 'neat', but I do believe that I take your meaning. ;) Well, they grow lots of things...lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, basil, green beans, various herbs, I think they've grown some watermelons too, to name a few. Did I mention that it's a big garden? ;))
Ah, then gardening is a very good subject to talk about with you. I must confess that I am not very gifted when it comes to gardening. I haven't had much experience. I like working outside though, so maybe there's hope for me. ;)

Bella wrote:I'm glad you're doing well! Oh, right, you and Flam take mandolin... I frogot. Is it like a little guitar or something? I think my mom took it a while ago, but I'm not entirley sure. That's very cool, though! :) D'awww, your nephew and nieces sound 'dorable. What have you been reading lately? :)

Well, yes, it is sort of like a little guitar...here is some information about them. :) It's a really pretty instrument!
I've been working my way through the Lord of the Rings series, and I'm rereading some other books. Just sort of whatever I pick up. ;)) Have you been reading anything interesting lately?

Bella wrote:What's been keeping me busy, hey? Well...we're looking after a little girl (more like my mom teaching her how to read and write and us entertaining her.) It's....uh, an interesting experience. :/ But other than that reading, crocheting, writing...
And that's awesome about you getting your NaNo book! :D

Ah, how old is the girl?
I saw at the top of your post that you had conquered your writer's block, which is great! What are you writing, if I may ask? :) Your poetry was always lovely and amusing, so I'm sure your other writing is great!

Bella wrote:Haha, sadly, I have not been cooking any delicious deserts lately -- or have tried, but have exhausted whatever skill I possessed of the whim so I'm waiting to, you know, recharge and then try my hand at it again. ;)) What about you? :)

Okay. ;)) I'm not cooking as much as I was either. I'm mostly making chocolate chip cookies lately. Everyone loves them though, so it's all good. ;))

Aunty Jo wrote:Djaq!
'Tis loverly
to see you back. :ymhug: (Cute poem there, Jo. ;)))

My, my, Jo, I didn't know you were a poet! ;) Very cute! And, thank you! It is loverly to be back! :ymhug:

Dot wrote:I don't think we've officially met, but I have seen you around. I am alright, except for summer school. How about you? :)

That's what I thought. :)
Mmm, summer school doesn't sound great. :( Sending you a hug. :ymhug:
I'm doing very well, thank you! Just hanging around today. :)

*waves to Dani!!* Aww, I'm sorry to hear about your internet! I hope you're able to get it fixed soon! :ymhug:

*gasps in awe at The Epic One's post* Very epic, indeed! (Hello, by the way! ;)) )

Ali wrote:yes you did ;)) . Thank you :D . So, what have you been up to lately?

Sorry! ;))
I haven't been up to a whole lot lately. I don't have plans for the rest of the week either...well, maybe yard work. Yay. :P

*waves to Princess Anna*!

I didn't know that you were on vacation, Cor. I guess I missed it when I was skimming for my last post... :ymblushing: I'm glad to hear you had fun!
Oh, that's awful about your AC! :( I'm praying.

Aww, George is very cute, Cep! ;))

Aiden wrote:Djaq, it's about time you got around to posting! ;)

What? No "welcome back!!"? :P Yes, I know that my post was long overdue. Forgive me? :-s ;)

Abigail wrote:Actually, the next line is, "Random letters... a cipher..." and then the part you said.
Continuing on... "He's actually the one that discovered it. *phone rings* Excuse me."

Sorry about that. I haven't watched it in a while. :ymblushing: Can I get back to you on the next line? I need to watch it again and I don't have time at the moment.

Nutty wrote:"Thank you, I've been told that before." In Due Season So, you've seen Toy Story 3, eh? How did you like it?

"Oh, you listened? I also told you confronting the sheriff wouldn't work. You didn't listen to that." BBC Robin Hood.
Yes, I have seen it twice now. I loved it! :) Pixar did a really good job continuing the story. Have you seen it?

Aiden wrote:Yes, intriguing is rather intriguing, isn't it? :P

Oh, very! :P I've always been intrigued by 'intriguing'...

*waves to Libby*

Mort'reve all!!

~Djaq
When things fall apart, be glue.

Team Hoodie!!
Djaq
Moderator Emeritus
Djaq Of All Trades

Postby PrinceCor004 » Jul 14, 2010 4:39 pm

*Cor and Vern enter the Square on yet another steamy summer afternoon....*

O.K, first off.... POOL TIME!!!

*The Prince and Royal Dragon take a quick dip in the pool before heading over to the chocolate tree for some pre-supper snacking*

*Remember Cor, not too many chocolates. There's a pizza waiting for us at your grandmothers.*

Right Vern. Only one small chocolate bar for now... an one for later. :ymsmug:

* 8-| *

Mortereve all! Well, I'm still staying at my grandmothers, but I decided to stop by the castle and visit the Square for a few minutes. It's really hard to stay away from this place.... :ymdaydream:

*You're getting dreamy eyes again, Cor..... /:) *

Oh! *ahem*, sorry about that... :ymblushing: :|

Well, time to make a much needed catch-up post:

----------------------------------

@ Cepp. Thank you, Mr. Cepp, on both accounts (seeing us around the Square and the size of my post). Lucky, being in the South means humidity and heat go hand-in-hand. :-s

@ Ben. The Royal Family was doing very well that day, thank you. Getting ready to go on vacation, actually.

As for now, we are still doing well... even if the AC is being fluttery. :|

@ QueenSusan. Yes, actually. I reviewed the album on my blog, if you're interested. :)

@ Dot. *Ah, very good. It tis easier to write, er, type than "Daughter of the King". :) *

@ Djaq. Woohoo!! Djaq, you finally made is by!! :D :D :ymhug: :D

Djaq wrote:Is it? Fine then! :D *pause*... Better? :p ;)

*pause*... yes. B-)

The Somewhat Model Mod wrote:"I want it now!" Nicholas Nickleby

*waits (unsympathetically) for a minute* /:) You okay now? :p

"The rums gone!" ~ Jack

Yes. I'm perfectly fine. Why would you ask me if I was? /:)

Mrs. Dashwood wrote:Excuse me? /:)

Umm.... I have no clue what we were talking about. :ymblushing:

Djaq wrote:I didn't know that you were on vacation, Cor. I guess I missed it when I was skimming for my last post... I'm glad to hear you had fun!
Oh, that's awful about your AC! I'm praying.

Well, we didn't really didn't talk a lot about it before we left. So that's fine. Thanks! :D
Thanks. It's working in the evenings now, which keeps the house cool, but we still need to get a new one.

*waves to Rose and Mel*

@ LL. Yes, you have elegantly averted hurting my feeling by quoting me. *pauses* How was that for a long statement? ;) :p

*Lets! :D We'll have to wait for a time when Cor is not expecting it, though....*

*splashes back at the Water Aficionado* Two can play at this game! :ymsmug:

@ Cymru. *waves* I'm not sure if we've met before or not, but..... nice to see you around the Square, Ma'am! :)

@ Bella. Glad you're finally over being sick.

@ Jo. The vacation was quite splendid. :D Oh, Ralph is a gerbil, Son of Horace. I must admit, Vern doesn't really like being told what to do by a gerbil with a German accent. ;))

*Vern mutters something about gerbils and the like*

Vern stayed away from the slippers and the tapestries. Unfortunately, the ugly tapestries at the local market did not fair so well.....

@ Lys. *is in ever so slight awe at the Epic Ones epic...ness* Congrats Lys! :ymapplause: Saving a life when you feeling down yourself. Amazing....

@ Ali. I know the feeling, on both accounts. Granted I don't have any siblings, but still the pressure is un-welcomed. I'm trusting and hoping God will let em know where I'm suppose to go with my life. :)

Thanks for the prayers. The AC is working a bit now, which is good, but we still need a new AC. :-s

-----------------------------------

Whew! Well, this is not one of my longest posts, but its still long. :p I better get back up to my grandmothers before she eats all the pizza. ;)

*I never knew your grandmother could eat a whole pizza! :-o *

Umm, she can't Vern. I was just kidding.

*Ahh... O.K*

Talk with ya'll later! :ymhug:

*Cor and Vern exit the Square*
Avvie by the great Djaq!

http://bennettsreviews.blogspot.com/

^ Short tribute to James Horner (1953-2015)
PrinceCor004
Moderator Emeritus
Soundtrack Man of SO

Postby RubyGamgee » Jul 14, 2010 5:16 pm

Well, well here I am again this week! It seems the Square is moving along, which is nice to see. Unfortunately, it's not very good for us slow-pokes like me who don't catch up often enough. :P

I hope you're all having a lovely day, because it's been dreadfully hot and humid here.

Anyway, if you'd like to read up a little on what I did and learned last week, you can go to my blog. I just made a post and I'm very proud of myself because I haven't been posting on it enough lately. :P It's the web link right next to my avatar or here: http://vaporinwind.blogspot.com

AC, having no internet is very frustrating. But if provides me with less distraction to do some other things, like reading and helping my mom around the house. It's surprisingly quiet at my home what with me and my two youngest siblings. Weird everyone being gone but me. Oh well, my life will get busy soon enough I guess.

My family will be leaving on a road-trip soon. I'm looking forward to visiting extended relations, cousins, aunts, uncles, etc...

Not to mention I'm turning sixteen this month!! :D

lysander, when did you become the epic one? *chuckles* I hope you get over your cold soon. :)

*waves to ceppault** Glad to see you on here! Do you plan on taking up moderating the forums again any time soon?

Bella! Good to hear from you too! Yes, our stupid internet. Grr. Oh, well. How have you been lately?

Ali! *hugs* I've had an eventful week...unfortunately I don't have time to say much else. How about you?

Well, I must be dashing now!

God bless everyone! :D :ymhug:
blog | graphics | youtube channel
member of the Tenth Ave. North club
Keeper of the Secret Magic
1 Peter 3:15
RubyGamgee
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Miss Rosario » Jul 14, 2010 6:31 pm

*waves to all*

I'm only going to catch up on this one page---the rest will come later. Why? Because I'm lazy. It's simple. ;))

True, Nick, but we have dial-up. ;) So, our internet is insanely slow. To watch one of the World Cup games would take years to load.

Djaq wrote:That's close to where I live... :) You may have been too busy, but it would have been neat if we could have met up somewhere/somehow. :)

Really? My, my... we go down there at least once a year. Maybe we can work it out sometime! :) That would be lovely.
Oh, and I'll try to PM you those pictures tomorrow. It's a bit late tonight (I stayed up until 3:00 last night, and am a bit sleepy.)

Hmm. About my eye... ;)) I had poison ivy on my arm with the cortisone cream to help stop the itching. My cousin decided to tackle me, but he got the cream all over his hand. This angered and grossed him out, and he resolved that the best solution to his problem would be to wipe it all over my face. Unfortunately, quite a bit landed in my eye. ;)) It's all right, now though; nothing serious. It burned all afternoon (and a little into the evening), but finally died away. :)

Aw, that's too bad about the cover. At least you found another nice one, though.

*waves merrily to both Ruby and Cor*

And now... to the news. The Joshua Bell concert was last night! After so many months of anticipation, it was... wonderful. All that I hoped for and expected, and more. Words can't even describe, but I can honestly say that it was one of the best evenings of my life.
So would you all like a full report? Whether you do or do not, here it is all the same.

The concert was held in Chicago, as part of the 'Ravinia Festival'. It was casual; the actual concert hall had open sides, so that people who were outside on the lawns could still hear the performance. (Tickets were sold for seating both on the lawns, as well as in the actual auditorium. My dad and I were inside, while my mom---and sister, if she had gone---were outside.)

We were about ten rows from the front.

The Chicago Symphony Orchestra played the first two pieces alone, with an intermission between. The former was an adagio by Mahler, which (contrary to what I expected) was very pretty and melodious. The other, a beautiful piece by Barber (Adagio for Strings), was a slow, somewhat sad, and flowing piece. And then, at the very end, came Joshua Bell. He played one of my all-time favorite violin pieces--Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto in E Minor (Op. 64). It was so amazing to actually see him... right there, in person.... I couldn't even clap when he walked out. I just stared with my mouth hanging open. ;)) And ooo-h-h-h.... I can't even describe the music. It was too beautiful for words. It was so much better hearing him in person then it ever was listening to his CDs, or watching youtube recordings. Wow.

When he finished, the entire amphitheater erupted into deafening applause. He had to return and bow four times before it finally died away (we were hoping for an encore, but I think he was too worn out.)

And then, wonder of all wonders.... I got to meet him, get a picture, two autographs, and a handshake. Incredible? Definitely.

It was all a dream come true... a very, very good day. ;)) And, now that I have a bit of my catch-up done, I'm off to bed.

Tchau!

EDIT: Yes, Louise, this was all copied and pasted... as I'm quite sure you will recognize. I was too *coughlazycough* to type it out all over again. :ymblushing: ;))
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 14, 2010 7:11 pm

*wanders into the Square*

Good Mortereve everyone!

The final for Summer I was today. I'm glad it's over. #:-s But Summer II starts tomorrow. :( I feel like I've been zipping through the universe at warp 10 and had to fight a bunch of Klingons when I finally got to wherever it was I was going and now I'm going to have to zip somewhere else and meet the Romulans. [/complaining, rambling, Star Trek references....] Anyhow.........

Of course you can call me Dot, Aslan's Country. :)

*waves to the Epic One, and ceppault*

*waves back to Bella (not from Twilight!)* You can call me Dot, or dotK, or daughter, or Dotty (I think that's all my nicknames.....unless you want to come up with another one!). *shakes Bella's extended hand* :)

*waves to GTG, Benjamin, Liberty, Cymru, Princess Anna, Cor and Vern (I hope your AC gets fixed soon!), stargazer, and NarniaNut*

Djaq wrote:Mmm, summer school doesn't sound great. :( Sending you a hug. :ymhug:

Thank you! :ymhug: It is saving me a lot of time, and now I only have to take 13 hours this fall compared to the 19 hours I took last semester, but it does get tiring sometimes. *gives herself a pep talk so she stops complaining and takes a couple of Djaq's chocolate chip cookies*

*waves to RubyGamgee and Miss Rosario even though I don't think I've officially met either one*

I was going to try and get over to the reading group tonight, but it looks like it will have to wait until tomorrow.

*waves and wanders back out*
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Aslans Country » Jul 14, 2010 7:49 pm

Good mortereve, everyone. :) Why is it that it is 11:20 am and I still don't feel awake? I need to get outside. :p

ceppault wrote:Most folks would say you are not missing anything having not experienced 125F (52C).

Yes, I think I'm perfectly content with having not experienced that. ;) :p

*waves to NarniaNut and Libby, helping herself to some of Djaq's chocolate cookies* Yummy. :)

Djaq wrote:*waves to A Country* (sorry, I couldn't resist using that nickname, Aslans Country. )

*laughs* Haha, it's fine. ;)

Hope you can get a new AC soon, PrinceCor :(

Ruby wrote:AC, having no internet is very frustrating. But if provides me with less distraction to do some other things, like reading and helping my mom around the house. It's surprisingly quiet at my home what with me and my two youngest siblings. Weird everyone being gone but me. Oh well, my life will get busy soon enough I guess.

I really know what you mean. I find that if I have internet available near me I tend to waste a lot of time.. and not get round to other activities that I would actually enjoy more, in the end.
How many siblings do you have? Hehe, everyone seems to have large families on Narniaweb. For me it's loud enough with just my brother and I at home. :p
Nice blog entry. :) I really identified with some parts of it - satisfaction regardless of circumstances is something I've been learning recently too. You have an awesome blog; I would never be able to make dedicated, long entries, the likes of which I've just seen. ;)

You're turning 16? :) Now when would that be..? ;) It seems a number of Nwebbers have turned 16 recently (ish).. soon I'll be the only 15 year old left. ;)
Happy early birthday! :p

That concert sounds absolutely amazing, Miss R. :) Not that I would know anything about violins, or string instruments in general, but those days that are the best days in your life are always good days. ;)

*Waves to Dot, accepting permission to call her Dot, and encourages her with.. erm, fighting the Romulans? /:) * lol.. I know nothing about Star Trek. :p Good luck with summer school anyway!

I'm off to enjoy the day, see you all later!
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jul 14, 2010 9:59 pm

Hi guys!

AC wrote:Oh gosh.. my mum totally tried-to-get-me-into-a-conversation-about-this half of yesterday - and then I couldn't sleep half the night. I knowww what you mean. :p

lol. So, do you have another name I could use for you- I know you don't like AC ;) .

Ahh.. I was wondering what it was for. ;) It's a while since I read the books - and I can never reread because I borrowed the first 3 from my school library and don't understand the story from book 4... :ymblushing:

aww...you shoudl buy them! :p

LOL and how hyper your writing gets talking about TRS. :)) The album's actually growing on me - I was listening to it on repeat for a good hour or two this morning, until I decided to go look up Sky Sailing. (which I think I might like much more than Owl City's sound.. less electronic :) ) Anyway, I really like the sound of the album as a whole, but particularly Cross My Heart, Saturday (that song would've been so good for me all last year when I was under pressure from schoolwork. lol.), That's So You, and TV Family.
Over RK? /:) That's impressive, considering how recently you got into TRS, in comparison. Don't talk to me about play counts though.. it makes me sad :p , because my iPod stopped syncing my play counts to my iTunes, and now I can't check. :(( My iPod's kinda breaking too.. and it's not even 2 years old. X(

=)) . I get hyper when I talk about music I like :p . Oh I really have to buy it now! I'm probably going to have to wait a few months though :( .

I almost like Sky Sailing better than Owl City too! I like the guitar-driven sound, instead of it being so electronic, but I love OC too :D .

Lol I know, but it's also b/c when I first got in to RK, I listened to them on CDs or youtube, not on the iPod, so I don't have counted plays for the first few months :p . Aww, I'm sorry :( . Mine is breaking too...but I haven't told my parents yet, I'm hoping it will fix itself :-s :p .

PA wrote:Of course!...

;)) . Sounds like you're having alot of fun with them! I'm glad- babies are so cute! :)

Anything fascinating going on with you?

um, well besides having an exchange student, not much, besides that we're busy trying to entertain him ;)) .

Praying for your sister.

Micah wrote:That's great, I hope it goes well. :D

It's been going great so far- he really feels like an older brother :) .

Yup, I do! :D See my response to Libby at the top of my post for where I live.

;)) . I live an hour from Boston too- it would be cool if we could meet sometime :) .

Libby wrote:Ali: aw.....oh well. Alexa likes BTT better than you anyway, right?

yeah, MUCH more :p .

Djaq wrote:Sorry! ;))
I haven't been up to a whole lot lately. I don't have plans for the rest of the week either...well, maybe yard work. Yay. :P

;)) don't worry about it :p .

haha, luckily we won't be doing yard work this weekend (we usually do :ymsigh: :p ). It's the last weekend with out exchange student so we're probably going to go bowling or to the beach or something :) .

Cor wrote:@ Ali. I know the feeling, on both accounts. Granted I don't have any siblings, but still the pressure is un-welcomed. I'm trusting and hoping God will let em know where I'm suppose to go with my life. :)

Thanks for the prayers. The AC is working a bit now, which is good, but we still need a new AC. :-s

yep pressure's no good, but God will lead :) .

oh that's good! Are you still over your grandmother's then?

Dani wrote:Ali! *hugs* I've had an eventful week...unfortunately I don't have time to say much else. How about you?

not much :p . Well, um, I just saw The Young Victoria tonight and it was a great movie :) .

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ceppault » Jul 14, 2010 10:48 pm

Djaq wrote:Are you enjoying your break? :) Great pose by both you and the dog. ;)
I am appreciating the break, thank you. :) Compliments go to Miss Rachel for snapping that pic too. But thank you. :) The dog got a treat after that. Me? I starved till dinner.

PrinceCor004 wrote:Lucky, being in the South means humidity and heat go hand-in-hand.
Indeed. I do not miss that weather. Even living out of the desert does not appeal to me anymore unless it is to a much cooler climate. Durango, Colorado, is a possibility.

RubyGamgee wrote:Do you plan on taking up moderating the forums again any time soon?
There are a number of matters that need to settle in my life before I get back to the job. It could be a few months.

Miss Rosario wrote:My cousin decided to tackle me, but he got the cream all over his hand. This angered and grossed him out, and he resolved that the best solution to his problem would be to wipe it all over my face.
*Gorse looks over to Miss Rosario and states, "That is not a way for a young man to treat a young lady even though he be kin." He raises his mug of acorn tea to her and snorts loudly, "May the fleas of a camel infest his trousers for week!"*
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Benjamin » Jul 15, 2010 9:01 am

*enters the square very sluggishly*

Eh... So yesterday I had a really weird lunch and it made me sick! And then last night I threw up! Not fun at all! :ymsick: I'm felling a bit better today but I still feel a bit sick. But I'll catchup non the less

Liberty Hoffman wrote:Ben: hehe :D :D
well, I do bounce off the walls at home.....I'd be interested in what Ali thinks of my behavior..... :P :P

Haha! Did you see what she said?

Ali wrote:sounds fun! I've never been camping but I think it would be cool to go sometime :) .

Really? you are missing out! Especially here in the mountains!

*nods vigorously* Libby is always always ALWAYS hyper :p . When she gets really excited she talks alot and really fast and practically jumps up and down, but I've gotten used to it :p .

=)) Haha! That is pretty funny! Is she always drinking coffe or something? ;)

:| you're making it WORSE!!! X( :p

Am I? ;) :P

I think not! X( :p

I think so :P

lol ok- don't forget! :p

Ok I will try to do that after catching up here...

you did?! Oops I forgot :ymblushing: :p . That's about a week after my younger sister's :) .
Oh maybe you just never got the text/email... Oh cool :)

fun! I love...well I don't have nephews, but I have cousins! Lol, I only have 3 cousins older than me and then all the rest are 10 and younger :p .

All my cousins are older than me...

Ali wrote:sounds fun! I've never been camping but I think it would be cool to go sometime :) .

Really? you are missing out! Especially here in the mountains!

*nods vigorously* Libby is always always ALWAYS hyper :p . When she gets really excited she talks alot and really fast and practically jumps up and down, but I've gotten used to it :p .

=)) Haha! That is pretty funny! Is she always drinking coffe or something? ;)

:| you're making it WORSE!!! X( :p

Am I? ;) :P

I think not! X( :p

I think so :P

lol ok- don't forget! :p

Ok I will try to do that after catching up here...

you did?! Oops I forgot :ymblushing: :p . That's about a week after my younger sister's :) .
Oh maybe you just never got the text/email... Oh cool :)

fun! I love...well I don't have nephews, but I have cousins! Lol, I only have 3 cousins older than me and then all the rest are 10 and younger :p .

All my cousins are older than me...

NarniaNut95 wrote:*waves back*! Life treating me quite well, thank you. How about you? Naw, it's not your fault we haven't talked. There just hasn't been anything to talk about. ;))

Good! Glad it is! Oh it is treating me fairly well other than the fact that my lunch yesterday made me sick and throw up! :ymsick:
True ;))

Djaq wrote:*comes bouncing into the Square waving to everyone and carrying a plate of chocolate chip cookies* There are plenty for everyone! (And, if you happen to not like chocolate, then I have some oatmeal raisin ones...)

I like oatmeal a lot better than chocolate chips but I do like Chocolate just not the cookies very much...

"Dqaj" is close enough. :P I, personally, find that "Djaq" is easier to spell though. ;)
Things are going really well with me, thanks! :D I've been doing yard work (we're trying to fix our very sloped back yard...), getting together with some friends, playing miniature golf in the rain ( :P ), and just hanging out around the house (among other things).

;))

Oh nice, sounds like fun! I have not played miniature golf in forever!

It is really neat! Lots of my family members want to read it now. ;))

Cool!

Oops! I forgot that I asked you how you were doing twice. :ymblushing: ;)) I typed that post up on two different days and got a little mixed up.
How well can I expect you to be? ;)) I have always thought it would be neat to go to Colorado. It sounds lovely!

It is a easy thing to do :) Well when I wrote that you could expect me to be well, but now :ymsick: Look at the top of my post...

PrinceCor004 wrote:@ Ben. The Royal Family was doing very well that day, thank you. Getting ready to go on vacation, actually.

Oh cool! Where to?

*waves to stargazer as he leaves the square*

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby NarniaNut95 » Jul 15, 2010 11:18 am

Mortereve all!

Libby wrote:NarniaNut95: wow! that's so cool! it's good to know that there are other narniawebbers besides Ali and me from New England :D btw, Ali and I are best friends in real life, so we see each other a lot :D :D
Yeah, it's pretty neat, isn't it? That's right, I seem to remember reading that you and Ali are real-life friends.

Djaq wrote:What? No "welcome back!!"? :P Yes, I know that my post was long overdue. Forgive me? :-s ;)
Ok, ok, welcome back! ;)) Yes, you're forgiven. :P But, the way you said "Forgive me?" (well, I guess it was the way I read it), reminded me of a movie quote, but I can't quite place it. Any ideas?

Jack wrote:Sorry about that. I haven't watched it in a while. :ymblushing: Can I get back to you on the next line? I need to watch it again and I don't have time at the moment.
No prob! Like I've said before, I'm spoiled, because I have the movie on my computer. ;)

Djaq wrote:"Oh, you listened? I also told you confronting the sheriff wouldn't work. You didn't listen to that." BBC Robin Hood.
Yes, I have seen it twice now. I loved it! :) Pixar did a really good job continuing the story. Have you seen it?
"A minor detail!" (Not positive what that's from, but I know I've heard it recently.)
Yeah, that's what I've been hearing from most of the people that have seen it. No, I've haven't. We'll probably wait till it comes to DVD.

Jack wrote:Oh, very! :P I've always been intrigued by 'intriguing'...
Hmm, I'm intrigued that you're intrigued by "intriguing."

Rosa wrote:True, Nick, but we have dial-up. ;) So, our internet is insanely slow. To watch one of the World Cup games would take years to load.
Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you watch it online, I was just explaining how I watch it, since we don't have TV. :)

Ali wrote:It's been going great so far- he really feels like an older brother :) .
That's great! :D

Ben wrote:Good! Glad it is! Oh it is treating me fairly well other than the fact that my lunch yesterday made me sick and throw up! :ymsick:
True ;))
Ohh, what did you eat that made you throw up? :-s

Mortereve all!
Av\Sig by Beautiful_ltdwn
Team Hoodie!
Eschew sesquipedalianism.
NarniaWeb brother of Sonny
Once a SquareOnion, always a SquareOnion.
NarniaNut95
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby johobbit » Jul 15, 2010 6:00 pm

Hey ho, on this very hot and humid day.

Mmm, daughter of the King, very, very nice list of books you bought!
And ... how did those two tests go?

*waves a cheery hello to Jojo, Ruby (for some reason I first typed "Rugby" ;))), Aslans Country, Bella, GtG,Liberty, Cymru, PA, stargazer, and ... Gorse!!!*

Whoa, that's quite a Newsflash, O Epic lysander! I was so awestruck I could barely make it through your post. *ahem* Really, though, how great you saved a child, even in the midst of your sick-y-ness. :ymhug: Hope you're feeling better today.

Yes, cep, I'm sure we'll be camera-happy at the Moot. We will so miss you there! :ymhug:

How cool about your river jump experience, Ben! I'll have to look at those videos. :)

Heehee, cep, I can see what you thought the username "Leuthilalda" referred to a female. But poor Leuth. :P Btw, George is adorable. And he's a girl, yes? ;)) No wonder we're all mixed up. ;)

Yes, Aiden, I quite like hockey, but not as much now as in my teen years, when I was quite a fanatic. Vive le Montréal Canadiens!!! (And especially #20, Pete Mahovlich. ;;) )

*reads with interest the Wiki article on mandolins* They're such pretty instruments. How is "Oscar" doing, anyway? Or is that flam's? (Was that even his name? Or is he a female?
:)))

PrinceCor wrote:Oh, Ralph is a gerbil, Son of Horace. I must admit, Vern doesn't really like being told what to do by a gerbil with a German accent. ;))
A gerbil? Whoa! Never expected that! Verrry interesting. :P You know, I can see why Vern is a tad bothered by this. ;) Btw, I do hope the Castle's air-conditioning is fixed soon. *idly wonders if Vern had something to do with that as well* :-? ...... wups, did I say that? *looks around innocently* ymwhisle

And speaking of our dear dragon, I must needs find him a treat. Let's see ... fresh river salmon? :D

Ruby, enjoy the road trip! Safe traveling. :)

:ymhug: Louise the First: so glad, glad, glad (oh my, I sound like Pollyanna) to hear of your wonderful experience at the Joshua Bell concert. And to think you actually met him?! Were you at a loss for words? ;)) Ah yes, I thought I recognized your account of the concert. ;) :D

Ugh, so sorry you were feeling icky-sicky, Ben.

Well, good weekend to all you dear SquareOnions. I know, one day shy ...
johobbit

Postby Aslans Country » Jul 15, 2010 8:23 pm

Ali wrote: So, do you have another name I could use for you- I know you don't like AC ;) .

It's not that I don't like AC, it's just that the Aslan's Country/Air Conditioning thing kept popping out at me, and that was kind of annoying. :p You can call me Kathy, instead, it you want. ;)

aww...you shoudl buy them!

I know.. I want to. I even saw a box set of the first 3 in a bookstore on Wednesday that was 2000 yen (about $20?) but the thing is I'd rather spend the money on books I haven't read. That's what I don't like about libraries. :p

=)) . I get hyper when I talk about music I like :p . Oh I really have to buy it now! I'm probably going to have to wait a few months though :( .

I almost like Sky Sailing better than Owl City too! I like the guitar-driven sound, instead of it being so electronic, but I love OC too :D .

Lol I know, but it's also b/c when I first got in to RK, I listened to them on CDs or youtube, not on the iPod, so I don't have counted plays for the first few months :p . Aww, I'm sorry :( . Mine is breaking too...but I haven't told my parents yet, I'm hoping it will fix itself :-s :p .

I've noticed. ;)
A few months? Aww, too bad. :(

I'm actually thinking about getting the physical CD when it comes out - I've sort of had a liking for CDs lately and wishing I had more. lol. Plus, it's the kind of thing I'd want to play in a CD player. :p If that makes sense. I feel bad, considering that I only have erm, 4 OC songs on my iPod. :ymblushing: But anyway.

Ahh ok then. ;)
Haha, I'm hoping mine will fix itself too, but I probably drop it too much. :ymblushing: :p The screen keeps going white, and it shows the wrong cover art for songs/the wrong song title half the time. /:)

*waves to others upon securing that she is not mentioned in their posts*

*really wishes her brother would stop testing her failing perfect pitch on the piano right now [-( 8-| *

Well, that's it, I guess. Enjoy your Friday.. or Thursday, or night, or whatever. ;)
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby pogginfan » Jul 15, 2010 9:01 pm

Mortereve, Square ones!

Libby wrote:poggy: awesome! I love the VotDT trailer! I honestly don't see anything wrong with WW and The Dark Island (foggy island.....?) and I love the whole thing! I think this is going to be the best Narnia movie yet? what do you think?

Wow, glad you liked it! I don't know, this trailer made me really skeptical. :P I'm hoping it will be the best Narnia movie yet, and I have a feeling it will be, but still...the trailer shook my opinion a bit. :P Overall I'm not too pleased with it and I hope they release a better one in the next months.

stargazer wrote:If you do go see it, please post your thoughts either here or in the Spare Oom's Avatar: TLA Special Feature. I'm very curious about how people who aren't familiar with the show will react to it.

I was going to go see it with some friends who are familiar with the show, but I decided not too. I didn't want to spend the money on it, and, honestly, the reviews have scared me away. I might go see it when it hits the dollar theater, though. :) Have you seen it?

Benny wrote:It is a really good show but badly put together movie (for I went to see it anyway ;)))
Oh I see. Who were or who was your favorite character(s) in Season 3?

Ah, so you agree with the reviews? :P
I really liked Alan in Season 3. I kinda liked Tuck, too. And, truth be told, Guy grew on me in this one. :P

Dot wrote:*nods in sympathy* Yes, I'm doing summer school, Bio I and II in twelve weeks. What are you taking?

Wow, you've got quite a plateful!
I'm doing Bio 1 and Algebra 1, and I'm going to attempt to squeeze in an extra English credit, though I'm not sure that's going to work. :P

Cor wrote:Poggy!!!! :ymhug: :D Glad to see you around again!

Thanks for the warm welcome back! :ymhug: How have you been?

Djaq wrote:*sends a huge wave to pogginfan* :D

*throws it back* :P How've you been?

Mel wrote:*tosses the wave back like a hot potato* I've been quite well. Hot. It seems like I've been crazy busy, but then there were also days when I didn't do much at all, so... Yourself? Seen any fun sights this summer?

Mm, hot here as well. And humid. #:-s Haha, same here, my summer is a nice little mixture of hectic and quiet days. :P No, I haven't seen any sights this summer. I've been swimming a lot, however, and have taken some lovely visits to the beach. :)

MissRose wrote:Thank-you, Poggy! I found it somewhere online and liked it quite a bit, too--Princess Bride is such a fun movie. ;))

Hehe, it is. :D So many great lines and characters! "Life is pain, highness. Anyone who says differently is trying to sell you something." That's one of my favorite quotes ever. ;))

LadyL wrote:Poggy, sorry about summer school. That's no fun. :( What is fun is seeing you in here! :ymhug:

Aww, thanks. :ymhug: It's so good to be back in the Square after a long absence. :D

*sends a wave to Bella* :D So CS is learning to drive, eh? :P She strikes me as someone who would be a rather safe driver. :P I'm glad to hear you're doing so well. :)

Jo wrote:So, how is your math course faring, pogginfan?

As good as math can be. :P My dad's teaching it to me, which I quite like, because he has an enormous amount of patience. :D Thanks for asking. :)

Haha, lys, epic story telling skills. :P It really made me laugh. ;))

Well, it's time for the grand departure to bed. :D *drowsily departs*

Avy by ValiantArcher, sig by hyaline12. Thank you!
pogginfan
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby stargazer » Jul 15, 2010 11:18 pm

*appears in the Square in the wee hours of the morning here*

And in the spirit of Town Squares gone by:
Happy Friday, everyone!
Hope your weekend gets off to a great start.

pogginfan wrote:Mm, hot here as well. And humid.

Ditto here as well, making the night sky rather hazy. I can't wait for the cool, clear skies of autumn for stargazing. But right now, we're coming up to the warmest 2 weeks of the year, on average.

pogginfan wrote:Wow, glad you liked it! I don't know, this trailer made me really skeptical.

I know a lot of people are concerned about a few things that were in the trailer. But I must say, I was really impressed with the appearance of the sea of lilies.

And if The Last Airbender trailers were any indications, a lot of those scenes may not make it into the final edit of the film. ;)

Speaking of TLA,
I didn't want to spend the money on it, and, honestly, the reviews have scared me away. I might go see it when it hits the dollar theater, though. Have you seen it?

I can understand your hesitation! Especially at the prices of movies these days. It helps that there's a local cinema that offers $5 movies most weekdays and even some weeknights.

I've actually seen it twice now, and didn't mind it so much the second time as I wasn't anticipating a good adaptation of the original. The cinematography really is quite beautiful, and the bending action, on the whole, is pretty good. There are more comments, including some reviews from people who weren't familiar with the original series, over in the Spare Oom's ATLA Special Feature. (Note that movie reviews contain spoilers).

jo wrote:Yes, cep, I'm sure we'll be camera-happy at the Moot. We will so miss you there!

Ditto! You'll be missed (though I'm quite looking forward to meeting a lot of NarniaWebbers for the first time in real life). Too bad I haven't joined the digital age, camera-wise. ;))

I should find my bed soon. In the meantime, here's a pleasant good morning to those who will be rising soon to begin their day!
But all night, Aslan and the Moon gazed upon each other with joyful and unblinking eyes.
stargazer

PreviousNext