This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ditto Fountain I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Ditto Fountain I

Postby Bob Saget » Aug 18, 2009 6:05 pm

Ditto Fountain Number 10
Ditto Fountain Number I!

Greetings, friends! Welcome to the Ditto Town Fountain. The Fountain is the home of “free-style” writing, where no plot is too insane (trust me)! This is where your imagination can run really wild! We will re-start the thread every 150 pages or so. Don’t worry about interrupting someone else’s story; there’s no reason we can’t have several things going on at once! Just put the title of your roleplay at the top of each post.

Be sure that the following four guidelines are present in all your posts:

1. Keep all posts rated “G” or “PG” for the sake of our younger members.
2. Make your posts longer than 10 words and shorter than 600 words. If you want to chat (“I’m at work today. How are you?”) instead of role-play (“Cheddar the Chipmunk flings himself from branch to branch, looking for his lost thimble.”), please go to the Cup & Platter chat.
3. All characters must be characters you have invented yourself, not stolen from other authors. You can use your characters from the Ditto Story and Ditto Mansion, or ones made up just for this thread. You can post a biography of your characters in the Ditto Town Post Office.
4. Remember again to post the title of your story at the top so we aren't all confused where and what you are.

Enjoy playing by the Fountain!

--Bob Saget the Platypus
Good mortereve! Come on in, the water's great!
Bob Saget
Ditto Town Host

Re: Ditto Fountain I

Postby narnianerd » Sep 04, 2009 7:35 am

The Aftermath
The calm before the storm; a few days before disaster hit most people in Ditto village are doing the same thing they do every day. For some it’s farming for others baking, sewing and for people like captain of the guards; Matthew Benedict its keeping watch over the castle walls. Most people are innocent in creating the war but some are sinister villains that will stop at nothing to bring down the king... this is The Aftermath of the Time lord and Rakatan war and the kingdom is in complete chaos; Though when is the planet of ditto not?
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Assisstant Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby zlcva » Sep 04, 2009 7:36 am

Time Rift

Zacce sighed happily at Tayra's words. True, it wasn't his Tayra, but to hear Tayra's voice saying what he had wished to hear for so many years was such a relief. The one burden he had been unable to let go of finally lifted from him.

Before he could reply, however, Solarflare called out from the other side of the lab.

"I finished! Lemme fire this thing up, and we're good to go!" A moment later there was a sudden mechanical coughing and spluttering, and a loud buzz filled the air as the portal came to life. Solarflare appeared, brushing off his hands, a satisfied smirk on his face.

"All set and ready to go," he said. "I don't know how long it's gonna hold, though, so you folks better hurry up."

Zacce didn't know what to say. He looked back at Tayra, uncertain and unwilling.

"You don't have to go, Tayra," he said.

"Yes I do," Tayra said with a sad smile. "I don't belong here. I'm needed in my universe. Even if Genocron is gone, his empire won't be. My people are counting on me to lead them. You know I can't let them down."

"You won't let them down, you mean," Zacce said, smiling back. He knew full well that she was right, and that it was better that she didn't stay. Tayra suddenly reached out and enveloped him in a fierce hug, which he gladly returned.

"Seeing you again was more than I could ever hope for," Tayra said with shimmering eyes as she released the embrace.

"Ditto," Zacce said softly, his eyes damp as well. Tayra stepped away and approached Charlie and Wolf. She looked over the young man, and then put her hands on her hips and spoke matter-of-factly.

"Ok, Wolf you have a choice when we get back. Either return to the empire, or help us bring it down. It'll be tough joining us, and most of us won't trust you. In fact, I don't trust you further than I can spit, so I'll be keeping an eye on you. But, we both know that we both hate your master, and since she's probably going to be alive and taking control of the empire, we'll have a common enemy. So, what'll it be?"
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 04, 2009 10:27 am

A (Slightly) Less Normal Life

Katie stopped short suddenly and turned to Scrappy. "Where your place at, then?" she asked, curious to know where a droid like him slept . . . if he slept at all.

Time Rift

Wolf avoided Tayra's eyes as she spoke to him, preferring to star down at his feet. However when she asked him the question, he lifted his eyes and looked at her, tilting his head slightly.

"I don't like you," he told her flatly. "And I definitely don't trust you. And I know for a fact more than one of you would like nothing better than to kill me right now," here he glanced over at the still and silent Charlie. Turning back to Tayra, he straightened his shoulders. "But you're right in saying I hate my master. I don't want her ruling anymore than you do. So I will help you."

Maria looked on with a relieved smile, a hopeful look in her eye. If this Wolf could change sides, was it possible for the young boy she knew to do so as well? It was not likely, but, seeing it happen before her eyes, made her wonder, and hope.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 04, 2009 10:30 am

The Aftermath
The last minutes that Ellie was at her post were ending. It had been a very uneventful, maybe even peaceful, evening; but she couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. She decided to blame it on the peace just as she saw the soldier who was too relieve her turn the corner and walk down the hall. She nodded to him as she began to walk towards the castle wall to find Matt and report. She decided to take the long way round and enjoy the peace that seemed to be causing her so many problems. The sun had just set, the stars were starting to come out and half moon shined brightly when she finally reached Matt. He was looking out on the city, and didn't even glance towards her when she walked up.
"Everything's quiet." She reported after simply standing beside him a minute or two, watching the city as he was.
Avi by Visionsbeyond/Awesome sig by Flambeau! NW Sis:Jay
LiveJournal (not really too terribly empty anymore :P)
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 04, 2009 10:49 am

The Aftermath
Mathew replied without moving his head "Some evil stirs... This town will never be the same, I can almost feel the tension in the air, like how the air is electricly charged before a thunderstorm. Do you know what I mean Ellie?" with the last line he turned his head and looked at the elf.
Scrappy replied to the girl "follow me and I'll show you" and he started rolling down the street towards Matthew.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 04, 2009 11:01 am

The Aftermath
Ellie met his gaze evenly, aside from the fact she had to look up a bit. "I understand completely." She replied, as she turned to look at the city again. Perhaps she shouldn't have blamed her suspicions on the peace after all. "Something's wrong, but I've no idea what."
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby narnianerd » Sep 04, 2009 12:23 pm

The Aftermath
Mathew looked back over the town with a sigh. his hand Ellie's "Ellie I need to te-" he was cut of by an approaching guard "Sir the south part of the city is quiet" Mathew replied "Good job sergeant you may retire now I'll take the night watch, you two Ellie." This was one of the many disadvantages of being captain... very few personal moments.
you had me at meah
narnianerd
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Rising_Star » Sep 04, 2009 1:34 pm

Katie skipped after Scrappy, thinking it was all very fascinating. She knew her name now, and that was something, a big something, but she still had no idea where she was or how she had come to be there. All she remembered really was walking through the weirdway and then falling . . . and ending up in the Fountain with that strange looking animal watching her with solemn eyes from behind spectacles.

It had frightened her half to death and that was why she arrived by somersault.

P.S."Brooklyn!"
Rising_Star
Moderator Emeritus
NarniaWeb's Resident Hunter

Postby zlcva » Sep 05, 2009 8:11 am

Time Rift

Tayra gave a short nod in response and glanced at Charlie. She knew she'd have to keep an eye on the cyborg as well, so that she did not murder Wolf in his sleep or something. But with Wolf's help, she was certain that they would stand a much better chance of defeating Genocron's empire.

"Time to go," she said and looked around at the Dittotopians.

"Farewell," she said to them. With lifted chin and resolute step, she led her companions to the transporter. She paused as she came to Maria.

"Thank you for everything," she said. "You've helped us more than you'll ever know. May the Force be with you." She continued on to the transporter. It was a disc-shaped energy field contained within a metal frame. It was a somewhat rickety construction, due to mechanics not being Solarflare's forte, but it would hold long enough for the trio to return to their universe.

"Tayra, wait!" Zacce said as he jogged over to her. She looked up at him curiously.

"Do you have anything that can read this?" he asked as he pulled a small data card from a pouch on his belt, which he held out to her.

"Sure," she said as she took it from him. "What is it?"

"It's a report of something that happened on Taelo. I'd like you to read it when you get a chance."

Tayra regarded the card with good natured suspicion.

"Would this happen to be about your 'All'?" she asked.

"It is," Zacce answered. "What He did for us... for you. Please read it."

"Sure," she said with a smile as she tucked the card into her belt. "Goodbye, Zacce."

"Goodbye Tayra," he said, turning to rejoin the others. Tayra looked around at the heroes of that universe one last time, and raising her hand in farewell, stepped through the portal and disappeared.

"What's the biggest rule I've taught you?" Chase asked his niece Nesrine.

"Um... 'Understand history, and you understand the future?'" she guessed.

"Precisely!" he replied proudly. "Well, I've long been intrigued by the history of Ditto Metru, since it's such a mystery. I've been spending most of the past year digging up every shred of information I could find. I've heard a lot of fantastical rumors and theories, but nothing concrete. I did some research into the origins of the name. It turns out that 'Metru' originates from another universe entirely!"

"Really?" Nessie gasped excitedly.

"My guess is that it was settled by beings from that universe. Well, I believe that this manuscript," he gestured towards the half-opened package, "is the proof I need for my theory."

"Then let's open it!" Nessie said.
Chase grinned and resumed unwrapping the precious package. Inside was a rolled up piece of parchment, brittle with age. Chase carefully unrolled it and pinned it open on the desk. Nessie looked eagerly over his shoulder, but pouted in disappointment at what was written on it.

"Looks like someone traced a bunch of cookie cutters," she said. The writing was indeed strange. Every letter was composed of various lines and circles within larger circles. It looked nothing like any written language Chase or Nessie had seen.

"Fantastic," Chase breathed as he looked over the manuscript.

"Now what?" Nessie asked.

"Now we find someone who can translate," Chase said with a sparkle in his eye.
zlcva
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 05, 2009 8:17 am

The Aftermath
"Very well." Ellie replied with a nod. She began to walk back to her quarters, wondering what Matt had been about to tell her. She glanced back at him, still looking out over the city, as she passed through the door into the castle. When she reached her quarters she put her bow, knives and sword in their appropriate places. She wouldn't normally have fought with a sword, but it was required while on duty. Knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep, she began to silently walk around the castle, carefully avoiding all the guards on duty, and found her feet had led her to the castle's library. When she got there she found it empty, so she quietly slipped inside. As she went down the aisles full of books, some old, torn and faded and some newer with crisp white pages, she randomly chose one and went to sit in the corner, where she always liked to sit when reading. When she looked at the book, which was a deep maroon color and rather old, she found it was a collection of poems. She decided to start at the beginning, and started to read.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 05, 2009 12:13 pm

Molly was browsing trought the books, looking for info on courtly love. Then, she spotted a girl (Ellie) reading a book. She walked up to her and asked, "WHat's your name?"
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 05, 2009 1:10 pm

The Aftermath
Ellie mentally marked where she left off and looked up. She had heard the girl's footsteps before she walked in the room, and the occasional shuffle of her feet while she searched the shelves, but she had hoped sitting in the corner she wouldn't be noticed. Distracted by her thoughts and reading, she was in no mood to talk. "What are you doing here at this hour?" she asked sternly, hoping that would distract the girl from asking anymore questions.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby eustacegirl » Sep 05, 2009 1:21 pm

The afterrmath

Molly was taken aback. "I always come here at this time of night. I am trying to learn about courting.
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby greenleaf23 » Sep 05, 2009 1:28 pm

The Aftermath
"Courting?!" Ellie asked. Now it was her turn to be surprised, "Why in the world would you want to read books about courting?" Personally, she found books about battles and glory much more interesting, with heroes and quests, especially in poetry. Not that she thought courting was a bad thing, she realized now she had never really thought about it at all. But then again, she never really had to.
Team Hoodie!!
greenleaf23
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Arwenel » Sep 05, 2009 3:54 pm

Hamelin

"Pull together," Olivia instructed, nearly out of breath. "One, two, three!" There was a sort of pop, and the pipe slid easily out of the ground, but not so fast as to throw the girls off-balance.

Olivia laughed; not so much in relief as to keep from crying. Weariness was affecting her emotions.
Arwenel
NarniaWeb Guru
"We Mistborn need not make sense." (BC)

Next