This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby tenthofthatname » May 23, 2010 6:51 pm

Thanks Bookwyrm! And yes they are 1000x750, unfortunately I couldn't get one of the display in its entirety and I missed a few other angles, but I did my best with a camera phone.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/1854/uavdtdisplay04.jpg (minotaur)
http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/7093/u ... play03.jpg (RD, Jadis)
http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/8595 ... play02.jpg (Caspian, Reep, Chief)
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8530 ... play01.jpg (Peter, Susan)
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Josiah » May 23, 2010 6:56 pm

The White Witch (If that's her) Looks a bit too.. greenish or plasticy. Overall i don't like it. :(

For God So Loved the world that he gave His Only Begotten son...John 3:16
Josiah
NarniaWeb Newbie

Postby ceppault » May 23, 2010 7:01 pm

That worked very well, tenthofthatname. These are an excellent addition to what we have seen so far! :D

HighQueenofNarnia wrote:Thank you very much, ceppault. I have opinions on the matter but I'll not discuss them here, or at all, probably.
And would be another topic to itself, of which I have repeatedly drifted off-topic in here. :ymblushing:

Bookwyrm wrote:I think my hatred has cooled a little, but I still don't like it. And I refuse to rationalize the inclusion of Peter, Susan, and the WW.
And I wont ask you to try. :)

Josiah wrote:The White Witch (If that's her) ...
We have confirmation from a reliable source. It is the White Witch. Greenish? Its a poster with a lot of blue. Throw in any yellow lighting on white surrounded by blue - like the White Witch - and we get green.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Bookwyrm » May 23, 2010 7:05 pm

Very good pics. It's nice to be able to see everything in a little more detail. Still hate it though. ;)) Definitely looks like Susan is wearing an Earth dress, so it isn't a recycled PC shot. Peter's wearing some sort of suit or possibly a school uniform, so that's probably from Earth too. But I guess that's not really a surprise since I don't think even the most cynical of us seriously thought they'd be sailing on the DT too. ;))

In tenth's pictures, the WW doesn't look that green to me. I really really don't think they would be foolish enough to even consider going there. Include the LotGK and her giant soul-eating snake, I can see that, but not making her be the reincarnated Jadis.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby 220chrisTian » May 23, 2010 7:07 pm

@tenth: thanks for the pics! B-)

Caspian: okay, the hair strand across his face is rather annoying. But I love his hair in general, and the beard. He looks so kingly. :)

Peter and Susan: up close, they don't look quite the same as they did in PC. They're both slightly older and even their clothes aren't the same. Susan's outfit is rather simple, with buttons and a tree/leaf-shaped broach of sorts. And Peter looks like he's headed for university, or something. :-\

I wish you could have gotten a close-up of Lucy, Edmund, and Eustace. :ymblushing:
220chrisTian

Postby tenthofthatname » May 23, 2010 7:09 pm

Thanks, ceppault. I felt mixed on the minotaur and had to see him for myself, well along with just being able to see the whole display! Up close like that I don't think he looks as terrible.

Haha Bookwyrm I did get the impression more pictures would only make the people who like it happier and the people who don't like it have more fuel for the fire :ymblushing:

While I was there a few groups of people were getting their picture taken behind the helm, so the display definitely catches peoples' eyes. Also this was at a United Artists Theatre just outside of Los Angeles.

Aaaand 220chrisTian, I am hoping to visit the display again and will have an actual camera on me. I know I failed in getting the kids who are actually on the ship :((
tenthofthatname
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 23, 2010 8:14 pm

ok I have a theory. Of course the producers are about 1 1/2 months too late, but I bet all these posters are some kind of prank. Just to rile us up. Or not. Gosh I'm so upset right now :( .
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Galadriel » May 23, 2010 8:23 pm

I don't know if we've really had BAD news about this. I see no problem with Peter and Susan having an Earth cameo so that the audience can see what has happened to them. As for the White Witch, I'm upset about it, but apparently it's going to be a very small dream sequence scene. I don't think either of these things are going to change the actual story plot.

Want some ice cream, Glenstorm the Great? Seems to be what everybody's eating around this thread. :D :ymhug:
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 23, 2010 8:25 pm

why is everyone so upset by this poster? :-\ it's so cool! I love how Aslan looks.....he looks the best he's looked since LWW! better even! :D
it makes me giddy with happiness just looking at this picture!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby MountainFireflower » May 23, 2010 8:46 pm

Valiant_Lucy wrote:Welcome to NW! :D I completely agree with you. We are the fans, we're already going to see the movie. The posters are for the people who saw the first two movies and are only finding out just now that there's another one coming out. They need something on the posters to remind people of the previous ones, to think "Oh! Susan and Peter from LWW!" etc.

Hey, thanks! I love it here so far! Yeah, you added exactly what I was saying.

I've been wondering - what if this is just a one-time thing? I mean, I don't think they'd put the WW, Peter, and Susan on the main poster. Like I said, this 3-D display is meant to catch the eye of the average moviegoer, so maybe the posters will be more geared towards fans like us...? I dunno. :-\
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby -queenSUSAN- » May 23, 2010 8:50 pm

I must say, I'm really liking what I've seen of Susan in that close-up. Her expression, and her 'fancy' clothes, and especially how made-up and grown-up she looks, next to Peter, who looks fresh-faced as always....looks like Susan is headed in the right direction! :)

~~
-queenSUSAN-
NarniaWeb Guru

Location: on a cliff overlooking the battle, I let one arrow fly--I couldn't resist!

Postby Glenstorm the Great » May 23, 2010 8:54 pm

Lady Galadriel: I suppose I can have a little. Thank you :) . Maybe it will help a little :ymsigh:

Libby: um, I think we've stated alot of reasons. Aslan looks horrible. The minatour looks drawn. Peter, Jadis, and Susan shouldn't be there. Hardly anyone likes how Lucy and Edmund and Caspian look. Reepicheep is being promoted way too much. etc.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MountainFireflower » May 23, 2010 8:54 pm

-queenSUSAN- wrote:....looks like Susan is headed in the right direction! :)

Or the wrong direction, depending on how you look at it. ;)
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby HM Swanwhite » May 23, 2010 9:09 pm

Is it 3-D? Cool. I'm actually quite OK with this. Peter and Susan are obviously in 'earth' clothes and it makes much more sense to show them doing what they are doing e.g. going to America and studying rather than having Ed and Lucy talking about it. It makes much more sense in a movie than it does in a book. Also as to the White Witch in the book it mentions Lucy dreams of the WW on the Dark Island and in a movie it would make sense to make all these dreams visual for the viewer. They probably put them on the poster for merely promotional reasons so no one who likes the characters won't be disappointed that they're not coming back. Or to scare crazy fans like us? :p

The main reason I'm not actually freaking out, despite my logical explanations, is because Michael Apted himself told me they'd be in it so I've known for awhile. :) No jokes! I'm just glad I can finally say that! :D At least, I'm assuming I can. Mods? :-\
Go Marina Erakovic!
I've met Michael Apted!!!
Av & Sig by Me. NWeb sis: ForeverFan
HM Swanwhite
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 23, 2010 9:15 pm

^^ you know Michael Apted? awesome! wow!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 24, 2010 12:08 am

Whenever I’m away from NW the big news hits… and the sad thing is that I was on NW pretty much all day yesterday. Maybe I should stay away so the trailer can come.

My Thoughts:
OK. At first I seriously doubted that was Tilda. Now that we know that it is Tilda people are assuming she’s in Edmund’s dream. But couldn’t she just as likely be in Lucy’s dream? If you remember the FotF Radio Drama, during that part at Dark Island the Narrator says “...one of her own dreams, which she tried hardest to forget, came back to her as vividly as if she’d only just woken,” and then they replay a sound clip of the White Witch screaming as she kills Aslan. The implication is that Lucy had once had a nightmare of the White Witch. I’ve always thought that specifically that part of the radio drama was masterfully done, so I’m not as shocked (about the Walden movie doing something similar) as you might expect.

As far as the size of the Will, Anna and Tilda’s heads (and the fact that they are on the poster at all) here’s what I think is the best explanation:
Don’t actors negotiate things like billing and poster space before they sign the contract? Perhaps Tilda being prominent on the poster was part of the deal in order to get her to agree to do the movie at all. The same scenario could be true with Will and Anna.

As far as Ramandu’s Daughter is concerned… remember folks, she’s barely in the book. Granted she’s in it more than Peter, but then again, I think our anticipation of meeting her outweighs her importance in the film.

Pattertwig's Pal wrote:Only a couple of people have weapons and they aren't pointing them at the viewer.

Well, I suppose that is something to be thankful for! =))

Lady Galadriel wrote:As for Peter and Susan appearing, I don't believe there was any confirmation that they were not going to be in the movie. Ernie Malik's interview said that "They do not appear in the book."

Exactly what I thought at the time! He was definitely leaving himself an out. Now that I think about it, it was just after this interview that I started expecting Peter and Susan to be in the movie.

beloved wrote:We have another problem. I went back to look at it again and I took a real close look at the helm. It has the 12 horoscope constellations from our world. Scorpio, Pises, Lybra, and they form the wheel that steers the Dawn Treader on the 3D poster.

We’ve known about this for a while. I think there is an entire thread dedicated to it.

Bookwyrm wrote:If this is any example of the type of promotion Fox will use, expect manipulative trailers similar to the Bridge to Terebithia trailers that made everyone think it was a fantasy movie.

I’ll admit I was one of the people who saw BtT footage and thought it was a fantasy movie. Fortunately for me (and Disney) I liked the movie anyway. The marketing for that movie was successful for me. I might not have gone to see the film otherwise.

HM Swanwhite wrote:The main reason I'm not actually freaking out, despite my logical explanations, is because Michael Apted himself told me they'd be in it so I've known for awhile. :) No jokes! I'm just glad I can finally say that! :D At least, I'm assuming I can. Mods? :-\

You'll have to tell us about that encounter soon!
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext