This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby 7chronicles » May 22, 2010 6:56 pm

ceppault wrote:No reason Jadis cannot show up in a nightmare-come-to-life of Ed's. That is where I would anticipate seeing her, personally.

Oh, I would actually like that! :D It would make more sense!
Nice thinking ceppault! ;) :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby spartan5 » May 22, 2010 6:59 pm

The good news is, if they've already designed and sent out big marketing pieces, the trailer can't be far behind.

Edit: FWIW, I like the display. Good use of color.
spartan5
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby eustacegirl » May 22, 2010 7:04 pm

YES! Jadis totally needs to be in a nightmare of Edmund's! I really wanted to see his nightmare so badly! I want to see Eustace's also!
eustacegirl
NarniaWeb Zealot

Postby Reepi » May 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Nightmare indeed, but not Edmunds, but the fan's who'd want to see a film that follows the book.

Tilda Swinton's Character has a green tint to her skin.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Lady Galadriel » May 22, 2010 7:15 pm

I can see the White Witch having an appearance on Dark Island being a good way to interpret "the scary island in which nothing scary actually happens" cinematically. But the little Jadis scare is getting repetitive. /:)

"Caspian dear...how I've missed you."
/:)
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 7:19 pm

Reepi wrote:... It will be funny when they announce Tilda Swinton will play the Lady of the Green Kirtle ... Tilda Swinton's Character has a green tint to her skin.
Oooh, Reepi. You do tread a fine line on a banned subject on NarniaWeb. /:) ;))
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby beloved » May 22, 2010 7:22 pm

I know these pics are nothing compared to seeing it all the sudden. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and ran past the lady before she had my ticket, and then promptly sat down on the dirty theater floor because i couldn't stand. The blue is amazing and the helm sits about two feet in front of the rest of it and you can turn it.
Then I went through the longest two hours ever watching Robin Hood...

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Reepi » May 22, 2010 7:22 pm

@ceppault: Blame the production, not me. Besides, the subject isn't banned anymore ;)
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ChristProclamer » May 22, 2010 7:29 pm

*Eats all of Ceppault's ice cream offered for stress*
I'm scared.

1. Why is Jadis there? She ought to have no role at all in this film. She's dead. Twice. I know that 'you can always bring them [witches] back' but seriously. This is getting waaaaay out of hand. I love Tilda, and I can't wait to see MN, but until then I hope she makes no more appearance.

2. Susan? I don't mind that. Advertising Peter's a little wierd, since he has zero role. I mean, at least Susan makes part of Lucy's character arc. Peter's picture is also...well, not as good as Susan's.

3. I'm praying that minotaur to the side of Aslan's face is an intentionally bad image, because it is blatantly dreadful.
Oh, and I would rather them not use the same picture of Reep twice on one poster.
Other than that...

Lucy still looks lovely, and Edmund is looking better. Caspian looks great, and I'm glad to see Ramadu's Daughter (if that's who it is), though admittedly I'd rather she had more space than Susan or the Witch. Eustace still looks smashing, Will Poulter's performance is very promising so far.

EDIT: Oooh, Beloved! It's a 3-D poster? Well, that compensates a bit...
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » May 22, 2010 7:37 pm

Maybe it's the ghosts of Narnia past, present and yet to come =))
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 7:41 pm

Reepi wrote:... the subject isn't banned anymore ;)
Production be blamed or not. True. But I would rather not provoke the matter - tis a sensitive issue that gets ugly.

ChristProclamer wrote:*Eats all of Ceppault's ice cream offered for stress*
Aww. You are most welcome. Ben and Jerry's is a particular favorite: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough. Mmmmmmm.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby HighQueenofNarnia » May 22, 2010 7:42 pm

The word for my feeling... got it! Confuzzled! (confused and puzzled) I feel like the poor donkey. What are Peter and Susan doing on a VotDT poster in their English schoolclothes from LWW? (It looks far too much like that anyway.) What is the WW doing there? She doesn't even have a bit part- Dark Island is Rhoop's game and intro, not the time for a cameo of the WW. And, I'll buy that Edmund has a nightmare about the WW, but still, that'll be a small part. Not enough for the poster. Reepicheep, however much I like him, is overrated. He is just as important as, say, EUSTACE!!! I haven't seen one good production picture of Eustace thus far. Lucy's eyes creep me out, and her makeup seems overdone. Edmund... I'm not even going to give that terrible picture the dignity of a review, however short! Although, as someone else said, at least he's holding the hilt. :) And, no offense intended, but Caspian needs to be a bit more prominent on the poster. Aslan also needs to be on it. This is just a interestingly off-target poster, and I hope to see an improvement soon.

Please inform me on the whole "banned topic" whatnot about Swinton and the WW and LotGK and green tints? Please? You're not making sense to me! Unless I assume the obvious implication...
Pray for Skandar member! PM Benjamin to join!
I saw the film on Opening Day!
When all else fails, read the Instructions!
HighQueenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 7:53 pm

HighQueenofNarnia wrote:Please inform me on the whole "banned topic" whatnot about Swinton and the WW and LotGK and green tints? Please? You're not making sense to me! Unless I assume the obvious implication...
Some years ago on NarniaWeb, a discussion on the The White Witch is or is not the Lady of the Green Kirtle got started. It got very, very ugly and folks were unkind. The reality is that it cannot be answered and it was a banned topic for a long time. It is a topic that should be opened on another area of the forum, if at all. If you have any other questions about it, you can PM me. :)

Back to the topic at hand. :D
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Reepi » May 22, 2010 7:54 pm

You people should already stop calling the Character Tilda Swinton depicts "Jadis". Might as well stop denying and accept the obvious.
Reepi
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 8:23 pm

Reepi wrote:You people ...
*ahem* No Trolling. Do not feed the Trolls. Back to the topic at hand.
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » May 22, 2010 8:27 pm

I may be straying from the topic just a bit but does anyone else see irony here? The Telmarine accent is gone because that doesn't fit with the books but Tilda and Susan and Peter have a big enough part to get on the poster???

All the same I am really excited about the movie and I know it will be EXCELLENT!!!!!!!
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext