This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby White Wizard » May 22, 2010 8:34 pm

That's not Tilda Swinton...

More like Naomi Watts as a mermaid or something.
White Wizard
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby FriendofNarnia2 » May 22, 2010 8:35 pm

AslanIsOnTheMove wrote:I may be straying from the topic just a bit but does anyone else see irony here? The Telmarine accent is gone because that doesn't fit with the books but Tilda and Susan and Peter have a big enough part to get on the poster???

I don't think the fact they made it onto the poster gives us any indication of how much screen time they'll have in the movie. After all, the polar bears on the LWW poster were huge, yet they were only in the film for a total of 2 minutes. ;)

It's purely a marketing strategy. Not a very good one IMO, but one none the less.
Check out "The Magician's Nephew" and "The Last Battle" trailers I created!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwWtuk3Qafg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPxboeZqrA
FriendofNarnia2
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » May 22, 2010 8:37 pm

That makes me feel a little better. You do have a point.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby narnialover101 » May 22, 2010 8:40 pm

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA! TIME OUT!!! :-t

WHAT IS GOING ON IN THIS POSTER?! Susan, Peter...and is that REALLY the White Witch? Um...I don't know what to think. period. I can't even type up a decent post because I'm honestly just 100% confused. :-ss

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 8:47 pm

AslanIsOnTheMove wrote:I may be straying from the topic ...
Nah. You're safe.

The position of the characters on the poster must mean something. Interestingly, no Gael on there. :-?
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Lady_Liln » May 22, 2010 8:48 pm

*is severely disappointed at the moment*

There is no way I can justify the inclusion of some variety of a witch (which I thought had been confirmed as cut?!); as well as the random tossing in of Peter and Susan (in what appear to be shots from PC?). And Reep's on there twice? :-\ Agh, I can't rationalize this.

*decides to try and sleep before posting anything more*
Lady_Liln
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby greenbird37 » May 22, 2010 8:54 pm

I really hope they know what they are doing and I pray that its not another PC in the making! :( Still in shock!! :-o
"We have nothing if not belief"
greenbird37
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby narnialover101 » May 22, 2010 8:56 pm

Don't know if this will clear anything up for anyone else, but it did for me:

Paul Martin on Narniafans wrote:That is Tilda Swinton on the right side, appearing again as The White Witch. I can tell you right now: do not be alarmed. It’s not a big deal. She doesn’t appear for very long. I’m not sure the screentime but it’s likely to be shorter than in Prince Caspian. It’s for a dream sequence and nothing more.

and

Paul Martin on Narniafans wrote: They (Peter and Susan) do also appear. Not saying how much, but it’s not a lot.

I think I'm calmed down enough now to go to bed...maybe.

This is a weird piece of advertising, that is for sure.

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby beloved » May 22, 2010 8:56 pm

I think the WW is being given way too much power in these movies. What happen to all those Narnians, trapped in an endless winter, who did all sorts of things she couldn't see or do a thing about and now, all of the sudden, her "spirit" haunts these children every time they step into Narnia.
As far as Edmund's nightmare, I just can't see it. Redeemed by Aslan, faces her in the first battle of Beruna, stabs her in the back in the How, and is bothered by her in a nightmare?
What about a nightmare of someone else, say Caspian, king of Narnia. He has seen and almost revived the greatest evil his kingdom has ever known. He must know that it can't be that hard to bring her back still, right?

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ceppault » May 22, 2010 9:03 pm

Link to Paul Martin's comments at NarniaFans as quoted by NarniaLover101 - very reliable source:

http://www.narniafans.com/archives/8559

Breathe. Just breathe. In through the nose ... out through the mouth ... slooooowly. :ymhug:
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby 220chrisTian » May 22, 2010 9:06 pm

@NL101 / Paul Martin: it IS Tilda Swinton as the White Witch?! /:) beloved, I'm in complete agreement. Why is she in the movie AT ALL???

And what is wrong with Georgie/Lucy's hair, face, and eyes?! I love the look! It's a classic, serious, contemplative pose. She's growing up, that's all. It's almost dreamy to me. :) Somebody mentioned something reflected in Lucy's eyes? I can't answer that. :-s

I don't like Edmund here. It's the same pic as the banner. I want something less violent. His face and pose remind me of a scene in PC. I think it's on Skandar's website. :p
220chrisTian

Postby 7chronicles » May 22, 2010 9:10 pm

Thanks for the link ceppault! :D That makes me feel way better! :) I wonder if Peter will be in the beginning of the movie before Edmund and Lucy head off to Eustace’s? :-\ :)

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Glumpuddle » May 22, 2010 9:12 pm

Peter, Susan, and the Witch are dirty marketing tricks. Wow. We finally get a piece of marketing that tells us something about the movie... and it's very misleading.

This is bringing back a lot of painful memories of when the White Witch appeared in the PC trailer. I can't believe it. We were joking about this and now it's true... major deja vu. We need to officially ban joking on NW!

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say Reepicheep is going to be in this movie. ;)
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

Postby Reepicheep775 » May 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Very disappointed with this, because it looks so cheap. Seriously, it isn't that much of a stretch to see this in a dollar store. Aslan's eyes look wrong, the minotaur looks fake (I'm sure the real one doesn't look that bad, because I have faith in Howard Berger) and three minor (although major in previous films) characters?!

The trailer better kick tail, because I don't think the marketing is helping at all. It screams, "We made a mistake in Prince Caspian. This one's gonna be much mor magical!! Please, please see it." And it's a shame because, at least from what I've seen it should be a good movie.
Reepicheep775
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby GlimGlum » May 22, 2010 9:56 pm

First of all, I am glad that there is a poster in movie theaters fo VDT. It doesn't matter what movie people go to see, the display/poster is letting all who see it know that another Narnia film is on its way. :ymapplause:

Secondly, it is obvious that the producers consider the White Witch to be a major draw from LWW and are milking her character/image for all that its worth for as long as they can. :ymsmug:

Thirdly, I don't mind having Peter and Susan as I always thought a cameo or small appearance would be appropriate based on reading the book and for some continuity for non-Narnia moviegoers.

And finally, I agree with glumPuddle that it is somewhat misleading... :-o
But I don't mind the overall look nor how Edmund, Lucy, Caspian, Coriakin, and Ramandu's daughter are shown. It looks pretty good if one just looks at it without thinking too much or concern about the story if one knows it well. (IMHO) :D :-$
(And I think that is how most moviegoers will look at it; "interesting even if I don't exactly know what the story is about.") B-)
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby Glumpuddle » May 22, 2010 9:59 pm

I am in absolute disbelief about the fact that we are going to have to relive the White Witch controversy for the next six months. Whatever the studio or anyone says, we are going to be talking about this until the movie comes out. This is going to be one of the major issues...again.

Deja vu. (Yeah, it was the same black cat)

I wonder if, for every movie, we'll be saying "I wonder how they'll manage to squeeze in Tilda this time?" This could easily become comical.
YouTube.com/gpuddle | Facebook.com/gpuddle | Twitter.com/glumpuddle
Glumpuddle
NarniaWeb Zealot
Multimedia Producer, News Poster, Social Media Manager

PreviousNext