This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Huge VotDT display pics!!!!!!!!!!!!

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 23, 2010 10:13 am

this is beautiful! I love it!

yay! Peter and Susan are going to be in this movie! yes! I am so happy!

I have a theory about Jadis: I think she's going to be what what Edmund sees on The Dark Island in his nightmares.....and putting her in the poster is probably just to make people wonder and make people want to see the movie! I love it!

did anyone notice that Edmund is holding the sword by the hilt in this poster? yay! it looks right now! :D

and Lucy looks better in this poster! I am so happy about all of this!

:ymapplause: :ymhug: B-) :)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » May 23, 2010 10:16 am

Soup and Celery! What in the World! Arghhh! X(

*takes deep breath like ceppault and starkat suggest*

Okay the above was my first feelings (the part before the breath).

I feel slightly better after reading Paul Martin's comments. However, the damaged was already done. I've lost the remaining hope I had. I was actually feeling better. I knew I shouldn't let myself hope until I saw the movie. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride with emotions during this whole process. Somebody stop the ride I want to get off! :(( I don't have facebook so I can't see the other pictures, :(( although Narnia Fans does has a better selection.

Peter, Susan and the White Witch should not be on the poster. X( I suppose I really should withhold judgment about the White Witch until I see what her role is, but that isn't going to stop me. :p I'm tired of the White Witch. Honestly, I prefer the one in the BBC's version to the one in Walden. I suppose I can kind of explain it a little bit since Edmund did get a little uncomfortable around the stone knife and Ramandu's Daughter. Of course we don't know that it is Edmund's dream, but it doesn't seem likely to me that Edmund would still be afraid of the Witch. He's proven twice that he doesn't want anything to do with her. X( (Some one mentioned having confirmation that a witch wasn't in the movie. Looking back at the quotes they denied a new witch.)

If Susan's role has to do with the magician's book, I think I'll be okay with that (as long as they don't do something ridiculous.) I could also handle a cameo with Peter and Susan in England / our world. It really seems pointless to me though. One thing I've always liked about the Narnia series is that it isn't that same old thing over and over again. Each book is unique that cast of characters shifts (except for Aslan who is all of them). So many sequels have the feeling of the same again. Why make Narnia the same? X( Yes, I know people will disagree with this. But well, look at the Disney movies. It seems that they have to do sequels for everything. (I'm not saying that is necessarily bad but it does seem to get a bit repetitive.)

If Peter is in the Narnia part of the movie, what are they going to do? Have Edmund want to be Peter? :p

I like Reepicheep and I like his addition to the movie poster, but twice in one display is overkill. At first I though Caspian had glasses or something because of that hair in his face. I still don't like the shot of Ed, although at least he is holding the sword by the hilt. I'm still not a big fan of Lucy's picture, but it doesn't look quite as over done as on the banner. Until other people said that that was the Chief Duffle, I thought he was a merman (he reminds me of King Triton). 8-} Susan does look kind of like Jadis should look (as someone else mentioned). :p Alsan looks kind of scary. The right side is too busy - 8 characters compared to 5, although I suppose they did that to separate "Narnians" from the children from our world.

ceppault wrote:I offer chocolate filled jelly donuts and ice cream to those folks badly stressed - chocolate has a mild sedative effect. ;))

And I don't like chocolate so I don't even get anything for my stress! :((

*takes another deep breath*
The Positives:
At least they are marketing the movie.
Only a couple of people have weapons and they aren't pointing them at the viewer.
Most of the characters look more reflective rather than fierce.
The background color and design are nice.
Alsan is featured prominently.
RD's picture is nice.

So in conclusion, I obviously love the display.

(I'm sure everyone figured it out but that conclusion statement is sarcastic. I don't like it. )
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby DamselJillPole » May 23, 2010 10:18 am

I know that most of you are saying that Peter and Susan are only on the poster to bring in non readers, but what about the actual true Narnia Fans who are not members of narniaweb see it and sees Susan, Peter and WW on there? They'll just not see it like they'll think it's another PC in the making. The non readers or Suspian supporters will be disappointed in the end after it was all just a trick to get them to go see it.

They should market carefully

lover of narnia: Are you kidding?? I know for certain you are no fan of RD but her picture has more of a right to be on the poster then Susan does ;) ;)

Anna was on set? :-\ Where did you hear that? I know some Tamsin Egerten was there. If Anna had gone there would be pictures of it.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby bkey » May 23, 2010 10:33 am

This article mentions Anna visiting the VDT set. I read it somewhere else too but I can't remember where.
bkey
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Lady Galadriel » May 23, 2010 10:43 am

DamselJillPole, Anna was on set at one point. She had an interview where she said so. I could give you the link.

As for Peter and Susan appearing, I don't believe there was any confirmation that they were not going to be in the movie. Ernie Malik's interview said that "They do not appear in the book."

The more I think about this, the more I don't like the idea of the White Witch. X( She has had enough appearances, and so many "small" changes will have a cumulative effect on the entire movie. What with the Green Witch in the Silver Chair, I think there are going to be too many witch appearances.

If what they want to do is grab our attention, they certainly have.
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 23, 2010 10:51 am

I hope the production doesn't do anything stupid with Susan. Hopefully she only visited the set to see old friends and see a sneak peek at what they're doing. I hope that is all and I hope her only appearance is in the Magician's Book. Please please please don't do anything stupid. X(
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 23, 2010 10:55 am

^^ Mark Johnson admitted in an interview that they knew they had made some mistakes with PC and that they didn't want to make those mistakes again.....
here's the link to a great article:
http://shar.es/mC7TF
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » May 23, 2010 11:02 am

Thanks LH! :D

I really miss a lot of interviews and I apologize for that everyone. I just hope Mark is being 100 percent truthful and not joking us like this poster for non readers. But I do kind of believe it. I'll start to believe everything once Dec 1oth comes this year.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby daughter of the King » May 23, 2010 11:44 am

Wow. Five pages since I last posted. I still don't like it. It's too busy.

Okay, so the White Witch is going to be Edmund's nightmare on the Dark Island? Why? I'm sure he's scarred for life, but come on, the Witch is dead, all the stories agree on that. It might make sense, but I'm tired of seeing the White Witch in every movie.
Peter and Susan were told they couldn't go back to Narnia at the end of PC. It is misleading to have them on the poster because they can't have more than a cameo.

It's a nice poster, but I think the layout could have been better. I know it's supposed to be eye catching, but I think it would be more eye catching if the Dawn Treader herself was on it. An 8-foot 3D poster of the ship would be cool and impossible to ignore (in my opinion).
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Meltintalle » May 23, 2010 12:13 pm

As pictures, the display is kind of depressing to a fan of the books.

If I saw it in real life, I would certainly go "Oooh! Shiny!" and admire it.

Right now, I'm feeling pretty 'meh' about this one.
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » May 23, 2010 12:23 pm

WOW! Susan and Peter? The White Witch? It kind of seems messy to have all of that because they aren't in the book/movie! At least I hope they aren't. A Susan/Peter cameo would be cool just to know where they are but hmmm...

OH! I see RD in the bottom! That is really cool.

I don't like this poster board... It seems messy and I don't get what they are trying to promote... The teaser Poster is better than this (in my opinion).
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby SParcher44 » May 23, 2010 12:42 pm

i'm have a bad feeling about this...
LWW
As a film - *** out of ****
As an adaptation - **** out of ****

PC
As a film - **** out of ****
As an adaptation - *** out of ****

VDT
As a film - ** out of ****
As an adaptation - (1/2) of * out of ****
SParcher44
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ceppault » May 23, 2010 1:09 pm

Pattertwigs Pal wrote:
ceppault wrote:I offer chocolate filled jelly donuts and ice cream to those folks badly stressed - chocolate has a mild sedative effect. ;))
And I don't like chocolate so I don't even get anything for my stress! :((
Aww. Perhaps butterscotch? Mmm. Ben and Jerry's Cherry Garcia ice cream? I am flexible with requests.

It is going to be a long six months. ;)) Should be interesting here when the trailer hits.

SParcher44 wrote:i'm have a bad feeling about this...
... and I certainly have a good feeling about it. :) I am going with what has been seen so far by some folks (Tirian, Paul Martin, Kristi - Admins of Narnia Fan sites) I know very well. Of all those people, Kristi would not have held back if she thought it was not looking good. It will be a good movie - perhaps the best yet.
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

Postby beloved » May 23, 2010 1:10 pm

We have another problem. I went back to look at it again and I took a real close look at the helm. It has the 12 horoscope constellations from our world. Scorpio, Pises, Lybra, and they form the wheel that steers the Dawn Treader on the 3D poster.

I'm getting nervous again, down right frightened.

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby decarus » May 23, 2010 1:12 pm

That doesn't look like the White Witch to me maybe it is just a really bad photo. It is her hair. There is something wrong with the nose.

We know Susan is in this one in the book. Maybe Peter and Susan will make a cameo appearance at the beginning or Peter could be in the scene that Lucy sees of Susan in the book. Who knows? I like the idea of them having a cameo though so that doesn't bother me. I think it is important to establish that our world seems real and by showing their older brother and sister and maybe seeing a little bit of that wouldn't be a bad thing.

I also don't really think Skandar and Georgie are good enough to carry this film, but i guess the story is Eustace's and while he is too old and too short maybe he will be a good Eustace for this film.

I don't think that photo of Susan is from the end of PC though. It isn't quite right. It is hard to tell the quality isn't that good.

Okay, if the lady of the green kirtle is actually green that will be too much. I know that is in the next film, but please no.

Ramandu's daughter is barely in the film, so i don't think she should be a major player on the poster. That doesn't make sense to me.

These sort of Cut out things always look terrible though, so i am not going to get worked up about it.

SParcher44 wrote:i'm have a bad feeling about this...

lol. Thanks.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby ceppault » May 23, 2010 1:21 pm

beloved wrote:... I took a real close look at the helm. It has the 12 horoscope constellations from our world ...
Remember in Prince Caspian - the book? All of the books, really. C.S. Lewis had no problem infusing mythology into his stories. Bacchus, Silenus, and the Maenads? Minotaurs. You remember them. Fauns? Satyrs? All of them out of mythology. They all recognize Aslan as the King. The symbols on the helm, while not canon, fit acceptably into the overall theme of the Chronicles of Narnia. Aslan is at the center of the ships wheel. :D

Need some ice cream?
“Safe?” said Mr. Beaver; “don’t you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? ‘Course he isn’t safe. But he’s good. He’s the King, I tell you.”
ceppault
Moderator Emeritus

PreviousNext