This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Trailer Screening at Taylor University (Jun. 5) *SPOILERS*

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Trailer Screening at Taylor University (Jun. 5) *SPOILERS*

Postby Skilletdude » Jun 09, 2010 1:28 am

RevelinginWonder wrote:...I am sure that the film makers have to consider someone seeing this movie without seeing any of the others, and from a first time viewer's vision, I could see where the film makers would want to put a little 'romance' in. Does that make any sense?

Which is why they can go to town with the Caspian/Lilliandil romance, the relationship that is actually in the book. Sounds good to me.

I always wondered what it would have been like if the PC filmmakers wouldn't have jumped the gun with the romance...one film too soon!
Mary Jane: You know, you're taller than you look.
Peter: I hunch.
Mary Jane: Don't.
Skilletdude
Moderator Emeritus

Postby decarus » Jun 09, 2010 4:47 am

Well the thing is all of those people who liked the Caspian/Susan romance are just going to compare the two. I don't understand the need to have romance when there is definitely other things going for the film. Besides the fact that this film does have a romance in it, so just leave that one in and don't add anything else.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jun 09, 2010 7:04 am

IF Lucy had a crush on Caspian, I don't think it would kill the film but it would be ridiculous! Caspian is not the only guy in Narnia and he's too old for Lucy. And what girl wants a guy who's kissed her sister, or been kissed by her sister rather? Honorable girls don't go for their sisters' old crushes. Though I realize Lucy isn't supposed to be quite honorable in the magician's book scene, that's a bit over the top.

I see it now. They are all on the island where dreams come true and Caspian's nightmare involves Lucy, Gael, Jadis, Susan and a girl who squints and has freckles all wanting to marry him. Then Lilliandil comes and uses her magical glow powers to destroy the darkness, expose all seven swords and missing people and put an end to all nightmares. They all live happily ever after until the girl who squints and has freckles takes up black magic and comes back as LGTK and seeks out Rillian because she couldn't have Caspian =)) Oh wait that's not Caspian's nightmare that's a Narnia fan's nightmare. :( :-s

I am sure they won't do anything so extreme but now that you all have heard tha madness I'm quite sure you can handle whatever they put in the movie as long as it's not as bad as the idea above. ;)
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby RevelinginWonder » Jun 09, 2010 10:02 am

AslanIsOnTheMove wrote:I am sure they won't do anything so extreme but now that you all have heard tha madness I'm quite sure you can handle whatever they put in the movie as long as it's not as bad as the idea above. ;)

Good point. :) I know that whatever does happen with the romance, I'll still love the movie because I'm such a fan. ;)

And the 'nightmare' made me laugh. Way to be creative. :ymapplause: ;)

Thank you to Djaq for the marvelous signature!

NWeb siblings: pogginfan and Windsong!
RevelinginWonder
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 09, 2010 11:52 am

icarus wrote:The fact that Lucy was concerned about her appearance is an idea which is in the book, so in all honesty it would only be reasonable to expect that they maybe draw out that theme across the rest of the story slightly

Is it though? Yes, she is tempted to read the beauty spell, but isn't it because of her jealousy of Susan that she wants to say the spell? Susan is the pretty one, and Lucy is thought of as "one of the youngsters." If Lucy says the beauty spell, according to the pictures she'll be so beautiful that everyone will be paying attention to her instead of Susan. It is when Lucy sees that Susan would be jealous of her that she decides to say the spell.

Bookwyrm wrote:I seem to recall there being some sort of glow about her and Ramandu in the book.

"...and a light appeared in the doorway, and a figure came out, and the door shut behind it. The figure carried a light, and this light was really all that they could see distinctly....Now they could see that it was a tall girl,...The light which she had been carrying was a tall candle in a silver candlestick..." VDT The Three Sleepers
"Slowly the door opened again and out there came a figure...It carried no light but light seemed to come from it." VDT The Beginning of the End of the World
I had to go and look it up, because I wasn't sure, but Ramandu glows, not RD. Would that support the theory that she's half-star rather than a star herself?
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 09, 2010 2:45 pm

Yeah, I always assumed she was half-star rather than a full star. It wouldn't make much sense for her to be sitting around on the island with her retired dad if she was a star too. But it sounds as if they've promoted her to full-blood star for the movie and considering we've heard no mention of Ramandu, maybe they've just given her his role.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Pattertwigs Pal » Jun 09, 2010 4:50 pm

daughter of the King wrote:
icarus wrote:The fact that Lucy was concerned about her appearance is an idea which is in the book, so in all honesty it would only be reasonable to expect that they maybe draw out that theme across the rest of the story slightly

Is it though? Yes, she is tempted to read the beauty spell, but isn't it because of her jealousy of Susan that she wants to say the spell? ... If Lucy says the beauty spell, according to the pictures she'll be so beautiful that everyone will be paying attention to her instead of Susan. It is when Lucy sees that Susan would be jealous of her that she decides to say the spell.
I agree, daughter of the King. Lucy's main problem seems to be jealous of Susan rather than the desire to be beautiful. It isn't until she sees that she will be more beautiful than Susan and that Susan will be jealous but no one will care that she decides to say the spell. Unless I'm totally misreading Lucy's character, she would not have considered the spell after seeing all of the destruction she would cause. I think she would be too kindhearted to want all of those people to die because they were fighting for her beauty. I think if her appearance were the only thing she was worried about it would have shown up more in the book. Jealous tends to only be present when one is thinking of the other. I hope that made sense.

AslanIsOnTheMove, I enjoyed reading the "nightmare" =)) That would be our nightmare. ;))
Silver Chair Reading Group
NW sister to Movie Aristotle & daughter of the King
Pattertwigs Pal
Cookie Queen of NarniaWeb

Postby beloved » Jun 09, 2010 5:11 pm

Ditto on the nightmare Pattertwigs Pal, and AslanIsOnTheMove, =))

In my very personal opinion, jealousy is a monster. I have a sister who gets a lot more attention and always has. She is my younger sister and I would hate to have even a little part of the drama she goes through every day yet there is still a part that will creep up, just an inkling of a thought of how I want it. Maybe if I had just a little of what she had I could do it better and no one would ever pay attention to her and she would know what it felt like to be ignored or left behind or....

That's enough of that. What I think is most important here is this:
[quote=The Voyage of the Dawn Treader]Then her face lit up till, for a moment (but of course she didn't know it), she looked almost as beautiful as that other Lucy in the picture...For what stood in the doorway was Aslan himself, The Lion, the highest of all High Kings.[/quote]
This is a different kind of beauty, one that doesn't fade, one that is sparked in our hearts, and one we find only one Way.

I'd really like to know more about these 7 swords though...

"And this marvel of all marvels, that he called me Beloved, me who am but as a dog-"     -Emeth
beloved
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby decarus » Jun 09, 2010 5:44 pm

So no one would be bothered by a Caspian/Lucy crush. I don't even know what to say.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby daughter of the King » Jun 09, 2010 7:37 pm

decarus wrote:So no one would be bothered by a Caspian/Lucy crush. I don't even know what to say.

I would be! I just didn't have time to comment on it earlier. A Caspian/Lucy crush would be terrible, pointless, and just plain silly.
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby spartan5 » Jun 09, 2010 7:41 pm

decarus wrote:So no one would be bothered by a Caspian/Lucy crush. I don't even know what to say.

I would be. The idea is ridiculous and unnecessary, like the Caspian/Susan plot contrivance from "Prince Caspian."

Lucy having a thing for Caspian was one of the stupidest elements from the infamous leaked script. Not to bring it up again, of course. :)
spartan5
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Josh » Jun 09, 2010 7:43 pm

I would be worried if Caspian had a crush on Lucy.

But I think it would help if Lucy had a slight crush on Caspian. Not much, but just enough so that when she see's Susan in the book she feels bad because Caspian kissed her and not Lucy.

Its not unreasonable to have a crush on someone way older then you. Lots of young girls and teenage girls have crush's on guy's that are 10-20 years older then them. That doesnt mean they want to get married to them or anything. It just means they have a little attraction.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Valiant_Lucy » Jun 09, 2010 7:54 pm

I don't think it's too far-fetched to have Lucy admire Caspian, even maybe have a tiny crush on him...TINY being the correct word--not like she's swooning around day dreaming away, but being sort of in awe/shy around him. Obviously, Caspian would see her as a little sister, and he meets RD anyway, but it'd be another thing for Lucy to be "jealous" about with the magician's book scene.
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius, and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring." Marilyn Monroe
Valiant_Lucy
Moderator Emeritus
The IMAR&NB mod

Postby Josh » Jun 09, 2010 8:02 pm

I didnt mean jealous of Susan because she liked Caspian. But rather jealous of the fact that Caspian gave his attention to ONLY Susan...making Lucy feel like she isnt as beautiful as Susan.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

I never said it wouldn't bother me. I just don't think it would ruin the entire movie. I think it would be ridiculous. If Caspian crushed back that would seriously damage my enjoyment of the film. But they won't do that. They said they weren't gonna change it as much as they did PC and that would be a huge change. It would be worse than Caspian and Susan because
1: Lucy is way younger than Caspian
2: We watched Lucy grow up and that would just be weird
3: She's Susan's sister, you can't have Lucian after Suspian, that's gross
4: It's absolutely ridiculous and the book fans would hate it.
If Lucy has a little crush, it's not great but fine. If Caspian likes her back :ymsick: X(
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Jun 09, 2010 9:32 pm

I wouldn't mind it if Lucy grows a crush on Caspian. She's a growing girl with normal and confused feelings at the age she is now. It would be way over board and ridiculous if Caspian saw her in a romantic way. His character is like 7 or 8 years older then her. It would be gross. Also not to mention that the production needs to fix the relationship between Caspian and Lilliandil too. I just don't see them doing that to us fans. But yes Lucy having an innocent girly crush on Caspian is fine with me. ;)
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext