This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Trailer Screening at Taylor University (Jun. 5) *SPOILERS*

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Trailer Screening at Taylor University (Jun. 5) *SPOILERS*

Postby Eustace » Jun 12, 2010 10:11 pm

I could rant forever about how I don't like the fact that Eustace calls his mom,''Mother'' instead of '' Alberta'', but I won't. I will just tell why I dislike it in 2 simple points.
1. I am worried that this will make most of the audience think he is a ''Momma's boy''. Which he is not. He is or was before he changed a tattle-taler. There is a huge difference.
2. His parents doesn't seems as weird, and he doesn't either.
Homeschoolers taking over the World!
Member of RD's club.
VP of the CWM club
Dragon fan club
I Support Scrubb!
Eustace
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby icarus » Jun 13, 2010 10:25 am

^ The impression i got from the report, at least from the commentary that Devin Brown provided at the event, was that it was a deliberate choice for him to call her "Mother" at this point, as it showed that in a moment of genuine fear, Eustace reverted to a more child-like behaviour and instinctively called out for his Mother instead.

Im assuming therefore that there would be earlier moments in the film in which he would refer to his parents as "Harold and Alberta" so that the audience later understands how unusual it is for him to call her "Mother" at this point, and maybe for a split second it would allow the audience to catch a small glimpse beneath his initial pompous exterior and develop some slight early sympathy for his character.
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 13, 2010 10:52 am

Okay that makes sense icarus :)

I was beginning to get a little worried about that too if Eustace wasn't going to call his parents by their first names. you made it sound better ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby InklingsNut8472 » Jun 13, 2010 7:31 pm

As far as the length of the super trailer is concerned, I didn't actually time it. That's just the estimate that Dr. Brown gave us. I wouldn't deny that it's probably a bit shy of five minutes, but it was definitely longer than your run-of-the-mill trailer.

As for the matter of Ramandu's daughter, the glow inside her body is bright and kind of hard to miss, but there's no reason to think that the glow is permanent. It could easily fade at some point (the moment we see her in the trailer, it's implied that she has just come to meet the crew, so I'm betting the glow does fade at some point).
~InklingsNut8472
State of Indiana, USA
Future Inhabitant of Aslan's Country

"I have come home at last. This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I've been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now!"
InklingsNut8472
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Jun 14, 2010 11:58 pm

At what center of Lilliandil's body is glowing? It could be a necklace she is wearing or it is in fact that they made her full star.
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Ithilwen » Jul 21, 2010 11:49 pm

I don't quite understand. Was all this seen in a SECOND trailer? A different one from the one we've all seen? When will this second trailer be available for us to watch??
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Postby InklingsNut8472 » Jul 22, 2010 7:48 am

This was a promotional "super trailer" that has been shown privately at a handful of events around the country. It is different from the trailer that came out a few weeks ago in front of Toy Story and online. It's longer than the trailer we've all seen.

I doubt it will become available to the public anytime soon. Then again, who knows? If I remember right, there was a Lord of the Rings super trailer released at some point, but I'm pretty sure that was after the films had already come out in the cinema.

So you might see it, you might not. My guess is not. But come December, it won't matter!
~InklingsNut8472
State of Indiana, USA
Future Inhabitant of Aslan's Country

"I have come home at last. This is my real country. I belong here. This is the land I've been looking for all my life, though I never knew it till now!"
InklingsNut8472
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 23, 2010 11:51 am

^^ I think we are going to see a lot of stuff next month! before LWW came out, it was August 2005 and I saw some behind the scenes of the movie and some clips at a music festival called Soulfest! and with the VBS/famly Narnia VotDT tie-in thing comin gout next month from Group with clips from VotDT, I have no doubt that we will see lots soon! I hope so! :D :ymhug: :) ;) :ymapplause:
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Previous