This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Location of Mystery - Where are the Pevensies?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The Location of Mystery - Where are the Pevensies?

Postby MountainFireflower » Jun 17, 2010 10:04 am

I'm pretty convinced too that this is a flashback. There's something about the way it's presented, and the vacant looks in their eyes, that makes me think it has to be a flashback. To me, it makes the most sense that they would show up in the Magician's Book (and that's what I'm hoping for).

In a way I'm kind of glad they're showing up, just as a final farewell to the Pevensies. But at the same time, this worries me. I don't know what to think. :(
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jun 17, 2010 10:13 am

I'm pretty sure it takes place towards the end and that it's probably some sort of goodbye scene. Peter and Susan come back at the end of the voyage and all of the Pevensies say goodbye to Narnia together. I wouldn't love this but maybe they can pull it off.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby wolfloversk » Jun 17, 2010 11:05 am

It looks just like the shot in Aslan's how from PC ecept the background changed. I think they took the frames from PC and replaced the background, just for the trailer. Somehow I doubt it will turn up in the movie. (Refering to the depicted scenes not Su and Pete) As for the background, it feels earthlike to me.
Avi by AstrowolfD
wolfloversk
NarniaWeb Zealot
The Riddle Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 17, 2010 12:02 pm

The background behind them does not look like beach in Aslan's Country at all where they are walking. I have to agree that Caspian and Reepicheep will already be gone when all this might take place. They could be at the real Cair Paravel before going back home and they invisioned Susan and peter by their sides remembering the great times at Cair Paravel in the Golden Age and suddenly they are back in the room with Eustace.

I know that if Mark Johnson said he's trying to bring the Narnia movies back seriously to the true origins like the books I cannot see him or Douglas allowing the crew to bring back Peter and Susan into that world.

I have to disagree to the trio meeting again Caspian, Peter and Susan. Just imagine Caspian now falling in love with Lilliandil and suddenly sees Susan again. It will be ridiculous and stupid to the audience and movie, then they will go and tell their friends not to see it because of how it ends. People will think Caspian is stuck between loving two. No!! :-o X( He needs to be in love with Lilliandil and only her.

Or these may be non movie shots that wont appear in the movie at all. Just getting the Pevensie's together to do this. It happened to be in the trailer. Not everything in a trailer makes it to the big screen anyways. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 17, 2010 1:54 pm

I can't tell where they are!

keep in mind that they show all four Pevensies in the same place.....Peter and Susan are wearing Narnian clothes, clothes that they have not worn in either LWW or PC......and Edmund and Lucy are wearing what they are going to wear on board the Dawn Treader! only difference: Lucy's hair is pulled back like she had it in PC. conclusion? :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Shy Galadriel » Jun 17, 2010 2:59 pm

Has anyone thought that maybe these are just shots to say, "these kids were in the other movies!" Not really shots for the movie itself, but shots for the sake of shooting.
kinda lame reason. But the trailer was lame. /:)
I dreamt that I dwelt in marble halls

<3 As you wish <3
Shy Galadriel
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 17, 2010 3:02 pm

^^ if it were so, then why would Peter and Susan have cool outfits for one shot? I think it's more than that IMO!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Urnus » Jun 17, 2010 3:10 pm

I had another theory. What if Peter and Susan see the island and the wave, etc. while dreaming, and Ed and Lucy see them like Tirian did in LB. It would account for the vacant look, though not for the Narnian clothes.... :(
Urnus
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 17, 2010 3:12 pm

Liberty Hoffman wrote:^^ if it were so, then why would Peter and Susan have cool outfits for one shot? I think it's more than that IMO!

I agree with Shy Galadriel, plus I don't think Peter and Susan's outfits look cool. They look damp and gross. Also like I said not everything in some trailers actually make it into the final project. the series of shots didn't look theatrical. it kind of reminded me of what Ben did for the feature: "Looking inside Prince Caspian" or something like that. Or a few second good bye scene and the real Peter and Susan isn't there. Remember Susan needs her reason of not believing in Narnia anymore. So why would she really be there as herself? And peter knows he never went back. So technically i think these series of shots are fake to drag audiences in.

In the trailer discussion forum a mod announced that "Tony Nixon on facebook said there is no way that the scenes shown of peter and Susan are going to be back in Narnia"

I believe that. ;)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby decarus » Jun 17, 2010 3:17 pm

I don't think they have vacant looks on their faces. I am not sure why everyone keeps saying that.

Bookwyrm wrote:And what happens if they alienate the non-book fans enough with their deceptive ad campaigns that they don't support SC?

An add campaign is not going to make me not support the films. The clear deviations that are going to take place may alienate me. After PC i have already sort of had enough. I just think that the non book fans may be drawn in because they are like hey it is a Narnia film i liked the first one. I don't think they are then going to be completely disappointed. It is much more likely that i will be disappointed.

Shy Galadriel wrote:Has anyone thought that maybe these are just shots to say, "these kids were in the other movies!" Not really shots for the movie itself, but shots for the sake of shooting.
kinda lame reason. But the trailer was lame. /:)

Could be, like the 'i am Prince Caspian' that was never in the film. I actually don't think that is the case though.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jun 17, 2010 3:21 pm

I think Peter and Susan have serious, determined looks on their faces! not vacant! (IMO) ;)
I am very curious as to their part in this and I can't wait and I think it's going to be cool!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby decarus » Jun 17, 2010 3:53 pm

Liberty Hoffman wrote:I think Peter and Susan have serious, determined looks on their faces! not vacant! (IMO) ;)
I am very curious as to their part in this and I can't wait and I think it's going to be cool!

I agree. I think they have sort of bring it on faces more then vacant. I don't think they are going to do some weird flashback. It is more likely a dream then a flashback.

Do you think Edmund and Lucy are both wearing what they were wearing when they were going onto the Lone Islands?
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Bookwyrm » Jun 17, 2010 11:15 pm

I really don't get this idea that they have vacant expressions on their faces. They look really focused on something, but they're not vacant looking at all. It looks like a typical Hero Swagger moment.
Bookwyrm
Moderator Emeritus
Lord of the Little Ponies

Postby Warrior 4 Jesus » Jun 17, 2010 11:35 pm

Yeah, I don't see their expressions as being vacant, more focused than anything else. The Hero Swagger bit is so true. Now all they need is a slow-motion explosion going off in the background. :p
Currently watching:
Doctor Who - Season 11
Warrior 4 Jesus
NarniaWeb Master

Postby Aslans Country » Jun 18, 2010 5:48 am

I haven't read the whole thread :ymblushing: so forgive me if someone mentioned this, but is it possible that this is just a 'trailer shot' and won't actually be in the movie?
Because really, I can't see how this will fit into the movie.
Then again, I'm a bit clueless in these areas, and you all probably have far more valid ideas than mine. :p
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » Jun 18, 2010 9:55 am

I thought it was some sort of flashback around the lone Islands but the fact that Lucy and Edmund have the same clothes on... unless Caspian had brought their clothes like he had with the Sword and other gifts of Narnia (which would be strange) I have a feeling it is more like some sort of not-in-reality shot in Aslan's country, hinting the Last Battle. They do look very determined. OR! They are walking up at the Lone Islands to the King or whoever it was and then Susan and Peter fade in like Caspian or someone is imagining them... or it is just a teaser scene that won't make the final cut- like its something for the video game or something (like the whole "I am Prince Caspian" shot)
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext