This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

The Location of Mystery - Where are the Pevensies?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: The Location of Mystery - Where are the Pevensies?

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 12:47 pm

Hmmm... I had an extreeeemely vague and improbable idea and suspicion (more like cruel toying with the thing than actual suspicion) that could it be they actually make the Pevensies die in VoDT? But then what - Susan as well? (for me OK., I always believed she got redemption, and the film Susan was very different from book one, which again for me is a good thing.) And their adventure "begins now" as in they go to Aslan's Country? And what then in LB? The accident features just the others and the plot goes on? Rather impossible.

Don't worry, I don't even believe in that myself! :) I'm just cruelly toying with all 'what ifs' there are on the market ;)
I've seen the movie 9 times!!! (PC)
I've seen the movie 7 times!!! (VoDT) And loved it!
Proud member of the C+S club
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 12:59 pm

That's not a bad thought though Beginte

Even though that's not what I want to happen either especially since I want to see how Susan's foreshadowing is taking place in LB. Plus Tony Nixon confirmed already to someone on face book that Peter and Susan from the trailer do not appear anywhere in Narnia. So I'm thinking it is a scene that wont be shown or a dream, envision, etc. They just aren't really there.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 1:08 pm

I know, it's not too bad. It would be very, very hard to make it play well in the plot, a tremendous feat, close to impossible, but close, not excluded. Still, I don't think how I'd welcome that, if it were to be true (which certainly won't).

Hmm, maybe that comment meant they would appear at the end of the world, practically on the doorstep of Aslan's Country? That is not Narnia technically... so maybe they bring them back to make a goodbye, final goodbye to the Pevensies, and their adventure begins in England. Heartbreaking :(( but good.

Susan's foreshadowing is very important, still, as Lewis himself intended to redeem her, I believe the filmmakers should end LB with a scene of Susan's redemption - that would be a beautiful ultimate end to the cover and front page of the story, as they set off to their greatest adventures together.
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 1:15 pm

Thing is Edmund is wearing a vest in that scene but close to Aslan's Country he isn't. It confuses me if these shots will be in the film or not. 60% of me is saying that it wont while 40% is telling me it will.

I was hoping it's Lucy and Edmund searching through the Cair Paravel in Aslan's Country and they revision Susan and Peter with them.

Then again I don't think Edmund is wearing the vest. I could be wrong.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

I hope they will be in the film, I want to see all Peter and Susan there is possible... Caspian, Susan and Peter are my ultimately favourite trio, I missed Susan and Peter in VoDT even as a kid, so I'm thrilled at the prospect of them appearing. And I can't help but hope it will be 'real', not a vision or memory.

Hmm, Cair Paravel in Aslan's Country? But they didn't actually go there in the end... I don't know. The Pevensies' death theory toys with me again. I mean, the characters profile did mention their death, it seemed out of place, but... Nah, nah, improbable! (Still not impossible.)
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 1:39 pm

I'm sorry Beginte, I love Peter and Susan too, but it would be weird if they showed up in Narnian clothes anywhere on the journey, to me it distracts the storyline. On the poster they are in earth clothes. I would rather see them in England then in the kick off story.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 1:49 pm

Oh, no, I absolutely don't mean during the journey! No, no, no! :-o I mean at the very, very end. Peace, magnificence of the doorstep of Aslan's Country. There, everything can happen. I meant they would be brought for us to say complete goodbye to all the Pevensies. In some way, it would make sense. Aslan's line "You have returned for a reason" also would seem more fitting for Peter and Susan, as Edmund and Lucy were supposed to return, so there's no need to tell them there is a reason. Unless it's placed consequently somewhere in the plot.

And I hope I don't look like I'm in denial 8-} No, no, I know Peter and Susan won't appear on the voyage, I wouldn't even like it if they did. Unless it was perfectly executed, another hard feat. I mean I very much would like to see them at the end, the goodbye. It would make sense to me, in some way :)
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 1:57 pm

Yeah but since Peter and Susan are in earth clothes on the poster. It makes more sense to see their cameos at the beginning. Otherwise Susan would have three cameos and would have to get credit to be a main character by now. In every trailer we will all see something of a certain scene or scenes that wont make it into the movie. Edmunds outfit isn't what he is wearing at Aslan's Country in that take where he is walking with his siblings, nor does the background. They are on a small beach with an island far behind them.

It isn't a bad idea to say goodbye to all the Pevensie's at the end. It will just be too many cameos when all Peter and Susan needs is one. This scene shows no proof of it being in Aslan's Country or anywhere else therefore I don't think that they are movie scenes.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 2:06 pm

I actually think more than 5 shots/scenes from the teaser won't make it into the film (as usually the case with such early trailers), still the scene stirs my doubts. It would suffice to show cameos of Peter and Susan in English clothes then, if they appear on the poster - why in Narnian clothes? To draw attention? Possibly, though not necessarily. I am very much intrigued, which I shall have to contain until Aslan-knows-what-date that will be the premiere in the country I live in, as I won't be on the forum since Dec 10th if I get the premiere later. I also don't see it as too many cameos - perhaps Susan does not appear in England, only in Magician's Book. Then, she has 2 cameos, as Peter.

To me, the idea of goodbye to all Pevensies isn't ruled out. I'd like to see it, actually, as much as heartbreaking it'd be...

Alright, time to go to bed in my time zone (-| Nice talking :)
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 2:14 pm

I see it on movie sets all the time since i get internships. The crew will always do something very gimmicky. they'll get an actor/actors to do something so unexpected without it being a movie shot or without the director even being around just for the sake of it going into a trailer to mess with people. I think this is the case. Sort of like the "I am Prince Caspian", just with all the Pevensies.

Nice conversing ideas with you too Beginte! ;) :)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Beginte » Jun 18, 2010 2:19 pm

*pops by having brushed her teeth*

Oh, I know very well it works that way, some scenes are also only shot for the trailer to introduce the plot better (hence "I am Prince Caspian"), still, it would be nice to have that goodbye scene with all Pevensies, no? :) It simply would be a pleasant addition, to me at least. We shall see on Dec 10th. Goodnight :)
Av & sig by me
Beginte
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 2:27 pm

*Pops in, I thoug I saw a Beginte*

I did! I did!

No I wouldn't mind it at all. I just think it would be weird with too many cameos. If it would take place after Lucy, Ed and Eustace go back to their world that they would do a tribute to the Pevensie's.

How else would Susan forget about Narnia if she went back? Just my opinion.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Jun 18, 2010 2:29 pm

Hope there's room for someone else to post on here. :P ;))

DamselJillPole wrote: "Tony Nixon on facebook said there is no way that the scenes shown of peter and Susan are going to be back in Narnia"

Erm... what was said was...

I am not allowed to say too much ... but don't be concerned ... despite what you just saw Peter and Susan do NOT make it back to Narnia .. as per Lewis.

So they could be shown in Narnia (likely as they're clearly wearing Narnian costumes) but not because they returned there. I suspect either a flashback or someone's vision on the Dark Island.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DamselJillPole » Jun 18, 2010 2:32 pm

So I guess it would be a nightmare to Caspian if he saw Susan and Peter again? Lucy's dream of something bad happening to them?

I would hate it if Caspian still dreams about Susan. He's like older then her now, its been 3 or 4 years, get over it man, and we're supposed to get over Suspian in this movie. He meets Lillindil, they love each other, get married, have kid. End of Story.

No, it has to be a flashback or it wont be in the movie
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ~DaughterOfEve~ » Jun 18, 2010 4:38 pm

Beginte wrote:Hmmm... I had an extreeeemely vague and improbable idea and suspicion (more like cruel toying with the thing than actual suspicion) that could it be they actually make the Pevensies die in VoDT? But then what - Susan as well? (for me OK., I always believed she got redemption, and the film Susan was very different from book one, which again for me is a good thing.) And their adventure "begins now" as in they go to Aslan's Country? And what then in LB? The accident features just the others and the plot goes on? Rather impossible.

DamselJillPole wrote:Thing is Edmund is wearing a vest in that scene but close to Aslan's Country he isn't. It confuses me if these shots will be in the film or not. 60% of me is saying that it wont while 40% is telling me it will.

I was hoping it's Lucy and Edmund searching through the Cair Paravel in Aslan's Country and they revision Susan and Peter with them.

Then again I don't think Edmund is wearing the vest. I could be wrong.

I love both these ideas. Strange, I know but, they seem possible. And like Tony Nixon said on FB, they aren't going to Narnia. So he is clearly hinting at the fact that they don't return but there is some sort of cameo.

When I was going through the screen caps the background of the room with the magic book at the wide shot of it showing with Lucy in the middle and the background of the Pevensie's heroic march looked similar and I wondered if it is actually some sort of cameo/ alternate universe thing that happens to Lucy when she is reading through the magic book. She read some wonderful story and I wonder if they could have made the wonderful story about how she wanted Susan and Peter to return with her and Edmund and they were at Cair Paravel because Red and Gold are the Narnian colors... Just a crazy idea.
~DaughterOfEve~
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby 7chronicles » Jun 18, 2010 5:46 pm

It’s one of three things to me:

1. It’s a flash back.
Maybe Lucy and Edmund are taking about something that happened in Narnia from the time they were King’s and Queens and then we hear Eustace’s voice and it goes back to Lucy and Edmund with Eustace coming into the room.
Another idea for a flash back. When they land on the Lone Islands maybe Lucy and Edmund could remember the times they were there with Peter and Susan as Kings and Queen. Like in the book when Lucy talks about going there before.

2. It’s a dream.
Maybe Edmund has a dream the night before they leave for Eustace’s house and on the way there mentions it to Lucy, Peter, and Susan who are going to drop them off at the Train Station. Lucy would be exited and want to know what happened in the dream, Peter I think would like to think of it and give a smile, and Susan could maybe role her eyes, to sort of show she doesn’t believe in Narnia anymore, and tries not to think of it.

3. My sister thought about this one. It’s sort of hard to explain.
What if the Four Pevensies are all walking back to the train station after Lucy and Edmund come back from Narnia and they are going to go back to their home in England. They have now all excepted that they live in England now for good, but it doesn’t mean they have to stop believing or being a King or Queen of Narnia in their hearts that Aslan is in their world to.
We see them just as they are in the trailer, all standing by one another, except in their England clothes, and as they continue walking England around them starts to turn into Narnia as they recall all their adventures to themselves in their head, and then their clothes can turn Narnian. Sort of like we are seeing what they are seeing with their imaginations and what is in their hearts. So the Narnia stuff really isn’t there they are just walking in England but we see it because we know what they are thinking in their Heats and minds.
I Hope this makes sense, I wish I could remember a movie where there is a scene like this for an example.

The Value of myth is that it takes all the things you know and restores to them the rich significance which has been hidden by the veil of familiarity. C.S. Lewis
7chronicles
NarniaWeb Guru

PreviousNext