This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Possible Island Order on Narnia.com?

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

Re: Possible Island Order on Narnia.com?

Postby icarus » Jul 28, 2010 12:44 pm

Thinking about it - and especially given the recent piece of information which once again confirmed that Dragon Island and Deathwater have been merged as "Goldwater" - you would have to say that even if this order (The Lone Islands, Magician's Island, Goldwater, Ramandu's Island, Dark Island) were NOT printed on the official website, then you would still without doubt conclude from all the available evidence that the order of the islands would have to be The Lone Islands, Magician's Island, Goldwater, Ramandu's Island, Dark Island. Given everything we now know about the movie, it doesn't seem like there is any other way they could fit together in any other order. So the fact that this exact order is printed on the official website as well - surely that just seals the deal?
icarus
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 28, 2010 12:47 pm

Yeah it seems as though this order on narnia.com is correct for the film. It answers my questions about Eustace as well (how long he's going to stay as a dragon and it seems as though Gael will be on the DT for the remainder of the film as well) I can't wait! :D
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby decarus » Jul 28, 2010 1:25 pm

That does mean Gael will be on the Dawn Treader for the entire film. Maybe she won't be in very many scenes.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 29, 2010 1:44 pm

I think it's safe to say that since she isn't in the teaser trailer, she might just be in the backround after Narrowhaven..... ?
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 29, 2010 1:58 pm

^Gael is in the trailer with Lucy on the ship during the Dark island scene. Judging by the island order in the film "Dark Island" is going to be the last island before reaching Aslan's Country.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 29, 2010 2:00 pm

^^ well, yeah, what I mean is maybe her biggest part is at Narrowhaven and then after that she just is on board and doesn't take up too much screen time!?
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby decarus » Jul 29, 2010 5:34 pm

We can only hope. She does seem to be at Narrowhaven. She is there when the dragon first 'attacks' the ship. So she is there at gold water. Also we know that she is at the dark island because she is on the ship.
There are no clouds in the sky. There is only the open sun and the Lord watches.
decarus
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Jul 29, 2010 6:01 pm

I'm guessing all the prisoners are being held on Dark Island...that explains why Gael is there so close to the end of the movie. Then maybe they reunite, and the Pevensies leave, and everyone else sails back to Narnia.
Av and Sig by Aravis Autarkeia

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 29, 2010 8:14 pm

^ yeah that's exactly what I was thinking too Silver! ;) That the people must be held there. But by whom? :|
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Jul 30, 2010 12:38 pm

^ By the darknessssss... /:)

Seriously though, maybe the prisoners were part of the voyage with the rest of the seven lords, and their ship gets stuck on/in Dark Island? :-\

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 30, 2010 1:00 pm

^Yeah that's a good thought! I love your thinking Silver, you think more beyond things that I wish I can do myself. :)

Lilliandil can speak about their ship. It makes me wonder if Ramandu is really needed for this film. :|
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 30, 2010 1:14 pm

^^ no on, don't say that! :-o :p :D
haha, just kidding! I am good with it either way at this point!
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master

Postby DamselJillPole » Jul 30, 2010 1:36 pm

Or it would be awesome considering the Caspian/Lilliandil romance, if Ramandu is in the movie, Lilliandil tells Caspian that all along the main blue star Caspian should be following was her fathers and a look of disappointment comes across his face because all he wanted to follow was her. ;)

That would be so great! :D :ymapplause:
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Silver the Wanderer » Jul 30, 2010 3:09 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:^Yeah that's a good thought! I love your thinking Silver, you think more beyond things that I wish I can do myself. :)

Haha thanks! :ymblushing:

DamselJillPole wrote:Or it would be awesome considering the Caspian/Lilliandil romance, if Ramandu is in the movie, Lilliandil tells Caspian that all along the main blue star Caspian should be following was her fathers and a look of disappointment comes across his face because all he wanted to follow was her. ;)

Yes! :p :ymapplause:

Alright. So that's Dark Island. What about the Magician's Island? Why does that island have to come so early in the movie, and what role does Coriakin play? I think maybe he'll know more about the islands to come than he does in the book. In the trailer, he throws a magic map...so maybe he'll give the Dawn Treader crew a map to go by?

I was also wondering how he knows everyone was "about to be tested". Then I remembered that in the book, Aslan shows up at Coriakin's house and could easily tell Coriakin what to tell everyone else.

And that got me thinking. You know that shot in the trailer with Lucy and Aslan, where Aslan says "Welcome"? A lot of people assumed that Aslan is on the Dawn Treader. But what if this shot is from the Coriakin's House? I'm suspicious because a) He's talking to Lucy (who was the first one to go into the house), and b) He says, "You have come far." According to the island order on Narnia.com, the Dawn Treader will have already been to the Lone Island before coming to the Magician's Island. That can be considered "far".

Any thoughts?

Silver the Wanderer
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby Rilian The Disenchanted » Jul 30, 2010 3:46 pm

I thought Aslan wasn't on the Dawn Treader, it's just his reflection in the mirror. Lucy sees him while staring at the mirror. So he isn't fysically on the boat. If you look very carefully you can see a bit of Lucy's hair right on the screen. Link I'm really wondering how all these pieces fit together. But we all now they've extended the slave trade on the Lone Islands. It's not only a search for the seven lords anymore. I just hope it all makes reason for the bookfans and general audience.
Rilian The Disenchanted
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » Jul 30, 2010 4:33 pm

Silver the Wanderer wrote:
DamselJillPole wrote:^Yeah that's a good thought! I love your thinking Silver, you think more beyond things that I wish I can do myself. :)

Haha thanks! :ymblushing:

DamselJillPole wrote:Or it would be awesome considering the Caspian/Lilliandil romance, if Ramandu is in the movie, Lilliandil tells Caspian that all along the main blue star Caspian should be following was her fathers and a look of disappointment comes across his face because all he wanted to follow was her. ;)

Yes! :p :ymapplause:

Alright. So that's Dark Island. What about the Magician's Island? Why does that island have to come so early in the movie, and what role does Coriakin play? I think maybe he'll know more about the islands to come than he does in the book. In the trailer, he throws a magic map...so maybe he'll give the Dawn Treader crew a map to go by?

I was also wondering how he knows everyone was "about to be tested". Then I remembered that in the book, Aslan shows up at Coriakin's house and could easily tell Coriakin what to tell everyone else.

And that got me thinking. You know that shot in the trailer with Lucy and Aslan, where Aslan says "Welcome"? A lot of people assumed that Aslan is on the Dawn Treader. But what if this shot is from the Coriakin's House? I'm suspicious because a) He's talking to Lucy (who was the first one to go into the house), and b) He says, "You have come far." According to the island order on Narnia.com, the Dawn Treader will have already been to the Lone Island before coming to the Magician's Island. That can be considered "far".

Any thoughts?

I was guessing Coriakin's a magician so he just knows things. I like your idea better and hope that's the reason.

I thought by "a long way" he meant from our world to Narnia. I could be very wrong though, and likely am :p

I think Aslan is in the mirror as well, but I also think Lusy's on the ship. Something about the setting and the lighting makes me thing she's getting ready for bed on the Dawn Treader, I'm not sure why though. It just looks shipish to me.

DJ, I would hope, for the sake of of being close to the book, that Ramandu is in the film. But if he isn't, I would say that would be better for Lilaspian. Caspian would find out that she was leading them all along and be amazed by her. It would also give her more screen time if they basically gave Ramandu's role to her. He kinda took the attention away from her in the book imo.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext