This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

2 actual scenes they shot

Talk about any aspect of the films.

Moderators: The Rose-Tree Dryad, daughter of the King

2 actual scenes they shot

Postby TashTheInexorable » Jan 31, 2010 5:24 pm

*SPOILER ALERT*

I was at cleveland point at the time they shot this scene but I put it in rumours bc I didn't don't know if they'll use it but someone told me I should move it to this section.

The dragon comes flies around the ship. According to the director he will be 'blowing fire' and flying all around the ship until he lands on the mast. Lucy and Gael are on the dop deck thingy (don't know the terminology) and drinian comes out looking very authoritarian and gives orders to the crew to shoot it. lucy is holding on to gael and says something like 'what's it doing?' or 'what are you doing/what's he doing?'- might be referring to drinian- i got the distinct sense that she wasn't happy that drinian had ordered his crew to shoot.

I also got to see them shoot a scene where eustace is sword-fighting with reep. Eustace thinks reep has fallen off of the ship and runs to the side and looks over but reep is on the ropes and sneaks up on him, eustace runs back to fight him and the crew are watching them 'laughing, clapping and enjoying the fight.'
TashTheInexorable
NarniaWeb Newbie

Re: 2 actual scenes they shot

Postby redeemedqueen » Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm

aaah...So that's the scene we were wondering about with everyone looking up and pointing...And sounds like what we thought was happening is...

And I'm really excited to hear about the sword fight with reep...I couldn't have stood it if they took out the rivalry between the 2 of them...sounds like it's going to be really good...I still hope Eustace swings Reep around by his tail, but I think it's unlikely that they are going to put that detail in...
For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 6:23

Member of the Edmund and Tenth Avenue North Fan Clubs!!!

Member of the pray for Skandar group - PM Benjamin to join!!!

redeemedqueen
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Claire-ayes » Feb 01, 2010 7:34 am

He He He.

Reepicheep and Eustace. =))

Classics.

I'm glad they've filmed this scene for sure, I think it just brings out the comedy gold in the pair. Eustace being his meanest, Reep being his most 'I'm-a-knight-of-Narnia-est'.

Maybe it's because Eustace swung Reep around by the tail that he thinks he's gone overboard? Although, admittedly, that is the event that's suppose to start the fight. hmm . .
Claire-ayes
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby A_Narnian_Ship » Feb 01, 2010 9:29 am

Is the dragon eustace? Is the "little duel" between eustace and reepicheep before or after eustace's transformation?? Augh!! so many questions and such a long time before we get any answers!!!!
I saw the movie....and was disappointed
A_Narnian_Ship
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Feb 01, 2010 10:41 am

I think the dragon could be Eustace. Lucy has a suspicion which would explain why she's upset that Drinian ordered the crew to shoot.

On Reep and Eustace, I have no idea. We'll just have to wait and see I guess.
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Feb 01, 2010 10:57 am

the dragon has to be Eustace! that is gonna look awesome on screen! I can't wait! :D
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

Neither can I :D ...I hope they don't put in too much drama for this part though. I don't want adventure and action to overshadow Eustace's redemption and rebirth...
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Feb 01, 2010 11:04 am

We have video of both of these scenes in our video gallery. In fact, we have three different videos of a dragon attack. And while the one of Eustace is really hard to see, we assumed he was fighting Reep as he's swinging his sword at ... nothing. ;))

Video page here

Dragon Attack #1 - Sept 6
Dragon Attack #2 - Sept 13
Dragon Attack #3 - Sept 17
Eustace Swinging a Sword - Sept 15
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby narnialover101 » Feb 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Glenstorm the Great wrote:Neither can I :D ...I hope they don't put in too much drama for this part though. I don't want adventure and action to overshadow Eustace's redemption and rebirth...

Hmm...are you sure "drama" is the word you intended to use? Because I would definitely call Eustace's redemption and rebirth "drama." Perhaps you just meant that you hope they don't override Eustace's redemtion with an "epic battle scene"?

I'll always be a,
NL101 :)
Rest in Peace Old Narniaweb
(2003-2009)
narnialover101
Moderator Emeritus
Narniaweb's Resident Peter Pan Gone Gangsta'

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Feb 02, 2010 8:41 pm

Yeah that's what I meant. I suppose his redemption and rebirth would be dramatic, but I don't want it to be overshadowed my more action-y kind of drama :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Feb 12, 2010 12:32 pm

it sounds like it could be the dragon Eustace because of Lucy being afraid of them shooting.....
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby DamselJillPole » Apr 07, 2010 2:11 pm

I busted out laughing at the Eustace story! I cannot wait to see that. With Lucy I think she was getting the idea already that it was Eustace. I cant wait to see this played out.
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Follower of Aslan » Apr 09, 2010 11:17 am

The scene with the Dragon on the Mast could be either really bad, or not-so-bad. The movie makers could totally be adding another, unecessary scene to the story, either with Dragon Eustace or a different dragon (ie: one of the lost Lords). Mistaken identity is always another option, but what is everyone doing on the ship?? I cannot imagine Lucy giving up the search for Eustace. I fear some major changes in the sceme of things on Dragon Island.

I am alsoi afraid that the overall message of Eustace's redemption will not come across as Lewis created it to be in the book. Thsi entire thing could be just another excuse for action in the movie, to add suspense, and as Glenstorm put it unecessary "drama."
The *official First Follower of Aslan
Keeper of Susan's Grey Coat.
Avy:Badger
Sig:Beautiful_ltdwn
Follower of Aslan
NarniaWeb Fanatic