This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Lucy's character in movie VDT

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Lucy's character in movie VDT

Postby 220chrisTian » Sep 29, 2010 4:07 pm

I've become rather upset at the description of Lucy's character arc, in the recent reports of Monday and Tuesday's Dawn Treader screenings. See below for details of what I mean.

Aslan's Country
-Lucy fixes her hair in a mirror, and ‘hopes she looks as beautiful as Susan’.
-Caspian: “Susan! It’s ok, I’ve got you!” Lucy: “It’s me, Lucy!”
-Lucy finds the ‘infallible’ good-lookin’ spell (:-P). “What’s going on?” She looks as Susan does, and as Lucy talks, the book talks with her. “I’m beautiful!” She looks in a window’s reflection, and she still looks as Lucy did. She appears upset over this.
-News reporter Cyclops: "At the beginning of the movie, Lucy asks Ed if she’s as pretty as Susan."

Examiner.com
-Caspian remarks, with an awestruck expression, "You are most beautiful!" Lilliandil answers, "If it is a distraction for you, I can change forms." Caspian and Edmund both answer at the same time: "No!" Caspian and Edmund then give each other annoyed glances as they realize that they are both attracted to Lilliandil. Lucy looks slightly exasperated, as if she’s thinking, "Boys will be boys."
-Lucy, as played by Henley, has evolved as the human character who might outshine all the other people in this movie.

ComingSoon.net
-Lucy is clearly growing up and noticing boys and having issues with her looks as teen girls often do, and she wants nothing more than to be as beautiful as her older sister Susan, something that will play a part in her journey.
-She reads the spell that says it will make her the "beauty she always wants to be" and she looks in the mirror and it looks like Susan but clearly, it's made her wish to look more like her older sister, but when she walks away and looks in another mirror in the room, she sees that she's still the same. When she goes back to the book, some dark energy known as Green Mist starts swirling around and that clip ends.
-Apted tells us what each of their vices are, including Lucy's vanity...

So what do you think? How has movie Lucy changed from book Lucy in VDT? What are your thoughts on the changes? Are they good or bad for the film?
220chrisTian

Re: Lucy's character in movie VDT

Postby Ithilwen » Sep 29, 2010 4:18 pm

I'm very upset over these changes. Lucy, the closest of all the Pevensies to Aslan, should be the least insecure. It makes her seem more worldly, and that goes against everything we know about her. It's extremely disappointing... :(

~Riella
Ithilwen
NarniaWeb Zealot

Location: Taking over the world while twirling my evil girlstache.

Re: Lucy's character in movie VDT

Postby starkat » Sep 29, 2010 6:10 pm

Please continue this conversation in the existing, pinned Lucy thread. Thanks! :)
starkat