This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's daughter/Lilliandil - Laura Brent

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Ramandu's daughter - Laura Brent

Postby Umbarto » Jun 08, 2010 2:20 pm

I really like the explanation for the name - the sea of lilies, the similarity to Rilian, and the star endings. But, I don't like the actual name. Has anyone actually heard it said aloud that can confirm the actual pronunciation? The only way that I like it pronounced is like Lily-ahn-dle.
‘Then rightly you game the name to the youngest of your children,’ said Ambarussa, ‘and Umbarto “the Fated” was its true form.’ –The Shibboleth of Fëanor.
Umbarto
NarniaWeb Regular

Re: Ramandu's daughter/Lilliandil - Laura Brent

Postby AJAiken » Jun 09, 2010 1:15 am

I like what the name stands for as well. I think it's a really lovely addition to the names of Narnia. But I'm going to hold my full judgement on it until I hear how it's said. There are some nice different pronunciation suggestions in this thread, but I want to know what it really sounds like. ;))
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

Lilliandil-Ramandu's Daughter on top of the cast list?

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 02, 2010 6:50 pm

On imdb Ramandu's daughter aka Lilliandil is now labeled in the top 5 of the cast, view here:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0980970/

Even characters like Reepicheep, Drininan, Rhince, Coriakin and Rynelf are below her on the list. I'm not suggesting that this is a bad thing here, but it makes me think that by giving Ramandu's daughter a name, putting her on the banner and showing her in the trailer, pretty much wanting to advertise her in anything possible is that her part will be very more important then she was in the book and will be shown a lot in this adventure alongside Caspian, Lucy, Edmund and Eustace. Perhaps where her name lies on imdb shows this as an example on how big she really will be for this film, because Ben Barnes as Caspian in PC was in that same position that Laura Brent's, Lilliandil is at.

I'm not against the idea of her character practically showing up a lot or being a huge supporting character. What do you guys think?
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby fantasia » Aug 03, 2010 11:21 am

I think that her moving around on the cast list on IMDb means absolutely nothing. The cast list order changes all the time until IMDb gets ahold of the credits from the movie and then their list will mimic the movie credits. During Prince Caspian Liam Neeson was at the very bottom of the list. He didn't even show up on the non-expanded one.

Having said that though, there's very little doubt in my mind Lilliandil's role has been expanded for the movie. Obviously my final opinion on what I think about it will come after I see the movie, but right now I'm a bit hesitant. I loved how mysterious she was in the books and adding her in to more scenes runs the risk of taking away more and more of her mystery.
fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 03, 2010 1:30 pm

^Yes I was thinking of that same thing while I was going to sleep. But what if imdb found out something from the movie that we didn't? To be honest I love RD's mystery to her character and how small she was as well and would have worked out completely fine in this film if PC didn't have that Suspian situation. I'm sure I would think about changing up RD's storyline from the book to film a lot to give her and Caspian more interaction and perfection then what was done with Suspian in the previous film to make it better, I'm sure the crew felt the same way after rereading every single detail to VOTD and SC, atleast I would hope they would reread their information before making huge decisions themselves and mess up the storylines.

Then again I thought they might have to fix this detail and unconfuse people that Caspian is deeply in love with RD, because if RD was mysterious like in the book then I can see people still siding with Suspian.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby joy93 » Aug 04, 2010 2:18 pm

I cant wait to see Laura as Ramandus Daughter, and to see her working with Ben Barnes :D. She is the character that i am most excited to see!!! :). And i love her name i was hoping they would give her a name, cause it would just kindoff be wierd if she did not. So i hope she does the character justice :p
joy93
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 04, 2010 3:15 pm

I watched parts of Chandon Pictures on the internet with Laura Brent in it. Her acting in this was ten times different then in Legend of the Seeker (I'm saying the girl is a great actress). And now i can why they got her for the part of Lilliandil, the girl is gorgeous! :D Not that I didn't notice it before but in her scenes with Chandon Pictures she is very natural with hardly any makeup on and you can tell she's got natural beauty. For some reason her mannerisms sort of reminded me of Kirsten Dunst in a way. :)

After seeing this I am 100% a new fan of hers. In a while i'll be posting some new icons of her from Chandon Pictures in the Narnian Fan art under Avatars. :D

Those who want a link to the video I saw feel free to message me. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Daughter_of_Ramandu » Aug 10, 2010 3:14 pm

Oh wow! :D I hope Laura Brent's name doesn't move on the cast list. That would be very good! :ymapplause:

Nice find too Damsel, both the imdb information and the video of Laura in Chandon Pictures! ;) She's really pretty! :)
Co-Founder of Jilrian Club, Jill/Tirian. PM DamselJillPole or me to join.
A proud Supporter of the Caspian/Lilliandil Romance!
I support Laura Brent!
Daughter_of_Ramandu
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Aug 13, 2010 2:06 pm

fantasia_kitty wrote: I loved how mysterious she was in the books and adding her in to more scenes runs the risk of taking away more and more of her mystery.

I think she needs more scenes . If there is going to be a romance between her and Caspian then the lack of air time would work against them. It would would seem like an afterthought and be underdeveloped. It would be rushed and kind of feel like the Susan/Caspian situation in PC. All of a sudden a wedding is thrown in at the end with barely any establishment at all. After the Susan/Caspian thing , it would have to be built up all the more. In order to overshadow a relationship that never should have happened to start with.
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby Josh » Aug 14, 2010 1:21 pm

DamselJillPole wrote:^Yes I was thinking of that same thing while I was going to sleep. But what if imdb found out something from the movie that we didn't? .

Okay for those freaking out about Lauren Brent being the 5th person listed on the IMBD cast list don't freak out. I was the one who asked to put her there in the first place.

IMDB hadnt even named Laura's role, so I edited, gave her the Lilliandil name, and sumbited my suggested changes to IMDB. She seems to be featured more then Drinian from the footage we've seen. And Reepicheep, while no doubt being more important, is just a voice actor.
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 14, 2010 10:46 pm

MaidenofNarnia wrote:
fantasia_kitty wrote: I loved how mysterious she was in the books and adding her in to more scenes runs the risk of taking away more and more of her mystery.

I think she needs more scenes . If there is going to be a romance between her and Caspian then the lack of air time would work against them. It would would seem like an afterthought and be underdeveloped. It would be rushed and kind of feel like the Susan/Caspian situation in PC. All of a sudden a wedding is thrown in at the end with barely any establishment at all. After the Susan/Caspian thing , it would have to be built up all the more. In order to overshadow a relationship that never should have happened to start with.

That's what i'm afraid of so far. I really hope Lilliandil and Caspian have more screen time. That's why i'd like for them to give her more scenes in the movie. I reread the Ramandu Island part in the book and it gave the impression that they stay there for about five days/ close to a week and that it rained a lot. Perhaps there will be a lot of bonding time ;) :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby MaidenofNarnia » Aug 16, 2010 6:01 am

Hopefully she will have good air time and character development. I wonder how this will impact the fandom dynamics. Caspian and Susan shipping is still going strong. Sure fans are welcome to ship any pairings they desire , but still...

On fan fiction net , they are planning stories where Susan is filling Lilliandil `s role as the star`s daughter. I know its just fan fiction , but its a very silly idea. Maybe this will inspire people to write some Caspian and Lilliandil stories. It looks like Lilliandil could use some help. 8-|
MaidenofNarnia
NarniaWeb Regular

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 16, 2010 10:55 am

^ That is a very silly idea of how they do that. But then again it can die down. ;) VDT hasn't came out yet and some Suspian's will start to ship Caspian/Lilliandil because of how it may be done on film. Granted there are a lot more Lispian shippers then there are Suspian shippers, it's just that Lispian shippers need to start coming out and support like the Suspian's are doing. Lispian fans aren't really helping a lot. By the time the VDT movie comes out some Suspian shippers will back off but some wont but at least it will not be as bad as it is now and two years ago.

http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialxLispianFans, here's something me and a friend have created two days ago to start helping out Lispian supports.

I will admit that Narnia shouldn't in no way or form be like Twilight and divide into non character pairings teams. It should only be Lispian. Yeah it's great to ship other pairings but not to a crazy extent like what Suspian had done created.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby starkat » Aug 16, 2010 5:35 pm

Hey guys, we're slipping off topic again. The thread topic is about Brent and her role; not about the various combinations that could be "shipped" together. Please stick to the topic at hand. Thank you.
starkat

Postby Josh » Aug 23, 2010 9:07 am

I wonder how much fame the role will even get Laura. I mean, she doesnt even have a page on wikipedia. Will this movie give her any media attention, or will she just be forgotten? Who knows.

Anyway, I'm sure that the way Lilliandil's role is being expanded in the movie will give the romance more time to develop (and win over some Susaspian fans).
Winter Is Coming
Josh
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby DamselJillPole » Aug 23, 2010 11:37 am

^I'm very well assured that Laura's fame will raise a bit! Depending on how Caspian's/Lilliandil's romance is done and how well the movie does really counts on how big she'll become and yes how big or expanded her role was. Some interviewers I know she'll probably go through won't ask her questions about the main idea about her character or the movie, just about her acting with Ben Barnes and being the hunky Kings lover. I'm sure they'll ask her questions like "Will Susan come back and try to claim your true love?" "Will Caspian marry you?" "I hear you and Caspian have a son, blah blah blah up to questions that were in the movie. You know how the media wants to hear everything that has to do with romance in movies nowadays. A few will then ask her personal things like her birthday, etc.

I wish December would get here already or a recent interview with her now would be great! :D
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

PreviousNext