This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Ramandu's daughter/Lilliandil - Laura Brent

Past, present, and future.

Moderators: GlimGlum, Pattertwigs Pal

Re: Ramandu's daughter - Laura Brent

Postby fantasia » May 24, 2010 7:21 am

First pic of her. Big thumbs up from me. :D

fantasia
Site Admin
The Watchful Admin

Postby Movie Aristotle » May 24, 2010 11:34 am

She really does glow. :D Not much else for me to say about her at this point. ;)
Movie Aristotle
Movie Aristotle
NarniaWeb Junkie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 24, 2010 12:37 pm

Ramandu's daughter is so beautiful! :D

I wish there was a better close up on her face though that the marketing people could have done. My only problem is that her hair doesn't look as if it's down to her waist like it should be. All in all I love how she glows and i hope her dress is blue in the actual movie. ;) :)
Long Live King Caspian & Queen Liliandil Forever!
Jill+Tirian! Let there be Jilrian!
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby ChristProclamer » May 24, 2010 8:40 pm

Another thumbs-up from me! :D
I just hope people don't look at her and say 'Eowyn'. I don't think they will, but some people... [-( Not going there.
As for a name, I suggest Aravir. It's an original Narnian name given to another star who never appears as a plot point (the morning star I think it was, yes?). I wouldn't mind it being borrowed and given to poor nameless Ramandu's Daughter.
ChristProclamer
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby MountainFireflower » May 24, 2010 9:37 pm

ChristProclamer wrote:As for a name, I suggest Aravir. It's an original Narnian name given to another star who never appears as a plot point (the morning star I think it was, yes?). I wouldn't mind it being borrowed and given to poor nameless Ramandu's Daughter.

Yes, I really do like that name... but would it be too close to Aravis?
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby AJAiken » May 25, 2010 6:47 am

I really like the picture of her - I think it's my favourite part of the poster, actually!

Aravir is quite close to Aravis. Perhaps no more so than Tirian / Rilian though.
AJAiken
Moderator Emeritus

Postby DamselJillPole » May 25, 2010 1:45 pm

I really like the name Aravir. It could very well fit as long as the name isn't pulled up in the future Narnia movies taking about another star.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Liberty Hoffman » May 25, 2010 2:28 pm

I love this picture! she's so pretty as RD! I would like to see a clearer picture of her dress though ;)
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby MountainFireflower » May 26, 2010 10:14 am

I really love this picture of her. She looks beautiful and very star-like. Perfect! I can't wait to see her in the film - how exciting! I do wish I could see her dress clearer though. I have a feeling her costumes are going to be BEAUTIFUL!

Aravir - after some thought, I really do like this name, and think it could potentially work. Maybe they'll use it? Guess we'll just have to wait and see. :(
av by dot
MountainFireflower
Moderator Emeritus

Postby GlimGlum » May 26, 2010 10:47 am

It is nice to have an image of how Ramandu's Daughter will appear in VDT.
And it does look like she will have a starry-like presence. B-)

As far as her name goes, if she has been given one for VDT then that's done and finished now. For me, that would actually be one of the biggest secrets of VDT as well. But it is nice to think of names while we don't know what the actual movie name is yet. :D
Loyal2Tirian :)
There is definitely no "a" in definite.
The Mind earns by doing; the Heart earns by trying.
GlimGlum

Postby coracle » May 28, 2010 10:05 pm

I've had a thought about her naming - if I were writing the script, I would have her name remain an enigma, and for Caspian to give her a name - which he uses, and others either use with some respect or just say "My Lady" to her.

He might choose a name like Dawn (or one meaning Dawn), or choose a Narnian star name - appropriate since he knows about the stars from his studies with Dr Cornelius.
“Not all of us can choose what we give up. The things we love are taken or are never ours at all. If we’re lucky, life is defined not by what we let go, but what we let in: friendship and kind words, frailty and hope.”

From 'Call The Midwife', S9 Ep2
coracle
NarniaWeb's Auntie

Postby DamselJillPole » May 28, 2010 11:37 pm

Yeah I agree with Coracle. Too bad the scene in PC when Caspian looks up to the stars with his tutor wasn't shown. It could have played easily into this. Still it would look rather strange to start off a romance without them calling each other by name. ;)
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby sweeetlilgurlie » May 29, 2010 8:13 am

Well, since VODT isn't chiefly a romance and has only got aspects of a romance near the end with Caspian and RD, it's not entirely necessary to give RD a name. Unless they dramatically expand her screentime, (*cringes*) they should be able to pull off not giving her a name. It adds to her mystery, and she doesn't really need one. At least, we don't need to know it.

Ramandu could just say, "This is my daughter", or Caspian & the others could say, "My Lady." It's possible. I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it's possible. :P
"Let the music cast its spell,
give the atmosphere a chance.
Simply follow where I lead;
let me teach you how to dance."
sweeetlilgurlie
Moderator Emeritus
The Sparkle Princess

Postby AslanIsOnTheMove » May 29, 2010 9:27 am

I have strong feelings about RD not getting a name for the movie though I would let it slide if they failed to give her a name. After all she wasn't given a name in the books X( which kind of irks me if you couldn't tell. I am not a huge feminist or anything but I don't see where having a woman refered to by which man has her makes her mysterious. I mean come on. Ramandu's Daughter? Caspian's Wife? Rilian's Mother? Or you could refer to her by her occupation. The Queen. This does not make her feel more mysterious to me. It makes her hard to connect to as a character. It makes her seem distant and like a random add in that who is just here so Caspian could have an heir, and I do hope they expand her character a little more than was in the book.

I realize that's just my opinion and I am a little crazy sometimes. It does seem beautiful and majestic and mysterious to a lot of people that RD doesn't get a name. But realistically, unless they are extremely talented it's going to be hard to make it sound good to the adverage movie goer who has not read the books and would like to know the name of Caspian's new queen.

Even if they pulled it off during the movie how will they pull if off in the credits? Call us crazy, but me and my sister have been known to have a really good time making fun of credits, especially the names they assign to unnamed characters "Geeky Boy" =)) There's not really a way I can think of that they can name RD in the credits and not make it sound kinda stupid imho.
AslanIsOnTheMove
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby DamselJillPole » May 30, 2010 12:36 am

I hope RD's role is expanded on Ramandu Island. I hope it's 12 minutes longer then the BBC version so we can get an idea that Caspian is falling for this girl.
DamselJillPole
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Lady Galadriel » Jun 01, 2010 9:07 am

What does everyone think of the name Alambil? (The star who is the 'Lady of Peace' in Prince Caspian.) I think it would be a fascinating name for RD because of its connections to PC and because it's a name CS Lewis created. (Not that I want her to get a name, but it might be necessary.)
Lady Galadriel
NarniaWeb Junkie

PreviousNext