This forum has been archived. Please visit the new forum at https://community.narniaweb.com/

Town Square I

Home of chat, writing, and role-play.

Moderators: stargazer, Lady Arwen, Ryadian

Re: Town Square I

Postby Aslans Country » Jul 19, 2010 12:08 am

=)) 90th time, Libby? The movie only came out 3 years ago! At that rate.. you would have to have watched the movie, um.. once every 12 days? :-o /:) I dunno. My maths could be wayyy off. Anyway I'm just messing around. ;)
lol, that's ok, be proud of it. ;) I had this phase, 3 years ago or something, where I was insanely hyper ALL the time - but it was influenced by most of the people around me, and now it's worn off. :p

I'm just rambling to myself, because there doesn't seem to be anyone around in the Square today. *checks* Yep, it's just me and the "Google Adsense [Bot]" B-) .Of course, it's probably night for most of you.. yes, judging by this
Ben wrote:Good Night my fellow Square dwellers!

said over an hour ago it is indeed night over on the North American continent. ;)
*hopes everyone is enjoying their sleep*

*gasps* Only your second (or 3rd :-\ ) time reading CoN, Ben? Shame on you!
... I'm totally kidding. ;) I hadn't read them for years and years until around when Prince Caspian came out. Oh, and I really want to get my hands on those audiobooks sometime soon. The Focus on the Family Radio Theatre ones, right? Well, I forget the exact name. :ymblushing: Something like that.

*feels slightly sad that Ben didn't quote her response to his 'how are you?' question in his post* :(( :((
Justtt messing. ;)

All you squareonions need to get in here more. Being alone has done strange things to me. /:) 8-}
That was such an insanely random post.

*leaves before she can think of anything stranger to say*
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
-Times, Tenth Avenue North
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Benjamin » Jul 19, 2010 6:59 am

Aslans Country wrote:*gasps* Only your second (or 3rd :-\ ) time reading CoN, Ben? Shame on you!
... I'm totally kidding. ;) I hadn't read them for years and years until around when Prince Caspian came out. Oh, and I really want to get my hands on those audiobooks sometime soon. The Focus on the Family Radio Theatre ones, right? Well, I forget the exact name. :ymblushing: Something like that.

:-s Oh Have mercy on me! ;) lol. Yep those are the ones :)

*feels slightly sad that Ben didn't quote her response to his 'how are you?' question in his post* :(( :((
Justtt messing. ;)

What!? I must have lost it like I lost my response to Ali (look at my other post). But I did see it and write a response :ymhug: *runs back to quote and bring it into this post*

Aslans Country wrote:I'll answer! :p I'm doing verrry well, and sunny summer days make me happy, if a little hot. ;)
*hopes that doesn't sound as weird as it looks* :p

Good! So you mean if it is a little hot then you are happy?

Got to go!

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslanisthebest » Jul 19, 2010 11:19 am

Moretereve, all!

Well, well, today is my father's birthday! :D We've kept up tradition of a looong time (way before CS or I were born) and my mom made him an Italian Black Forest cake. It looks scrumptious. "Marilla, I learnt a new word! "Scrumptious" Isn't is just so expressive?"[slightly paraphrased, but done off-handedly]--Anne. It has been decreed that we'll eat it in the evening, so I'm working up keeping my appetite for that. *can't wait*
We haven't partied yet. Last night we sung "Happy Birthday!" and did so again in the morning. I think we're going to a restraunt in the evening, so that will be quite the cats. :)

Where was I? Ah, yes, catchup.

*waves back to Gtg* I'm doing just lovely, thanks! How about you? :)

Ben: Your camping endeavour sounded like it was splendid. On the hills, in the outdoors, under the stars? How marvelous! :) It was real camping in tents, yes?

Kathy- D'aw! :( *gives her an abundance of fresh apricots* Well, yes, dried apricots are better than no apricots. ;))
That would be a grand peach tree, all the way up to the 8th floor! :D
Reading a little further, I note you have perfect pitch? Wow,wow! Can you sight-sing very well?

*giggles at Cymru's musings over putting gender under the avatars and Avatar avatars*
Tsk! Tsk! No saying something like THAT and then not spilling the word!! 5 syllables. Five syllollibyls. Beautyficious. Loverallory. 1-2-3-4-5 Enchantingness. Hmmmm. *scratches head*
Ehehe, why, that was my plan! ;) Ohh, I do like "Beautyficious" & "Loverallory" but they are not the word. *decides to spill it* Pulchritudinous. :D It doesn't sound very pulchritudinous, though.

Welcome back from vacation, Cor! :) Eh, I'm sorry about your AC! :(

*waves to Anna* It sounds like you're having much fun babysitting the two boys. Very neat about their mom getting a boy and a girl, too!

*waves to Aiden, Cep and stargazer!* :)

Djaq wrote:Yes, it is true that a garden isn't entirely 'neat', but I do believe that I take your meaning. Well, they grow lots of things...lettuce, zucchini, tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, basil, green beans, various herbs, I think they've grown some watermelons too, to name a few. Did I mention that it's a big garden?
Ah, then gardening is a very good subject to talk about with you. I must confess that I am not very gifted when it comes to gardening. I haven't had much experience. I like working outside though, so maybe there's hope for me.
Hee. Oh, good! I was hoping you would. ;)
Wooow! That is indeed a big, substantial gardn! All those fresh vegetables must be the best, I imagine!
Well, d'aw, thank-you. ;)) Eh, ditto... my gardening skills are only being developed now. But working outside is definitely a plus point, mhm! What are your favourite outdoor recreation and activities? :)

Ooh, thanks for the information on the mandolin. It sounds like it's very sweet-sounding. :)

Same gel as above wrote:I've been working my way through the Lord of the Rings series, and I'm rereading some other books. Just sort of whatever I pick up. Have you been reading anything interesting lately?
Ah, I see! :) How are you liking LotR? =]
Heh, I've been doing the same... just picking up whatever. ;)) Right now I'm reading The Intersting Narritve of Ouladah Equiano--the book mentioned in Amazing Grace by Equiano. Like it's name, it's very interesting. :) Along with that I'm reading The Bell at Sealey Head by Patricia McKillip for the first time and I'm enjoying it immensely! Such rich, expressive descriptions and characters.
Djaq wrote:Ah, how old is the girl?
I saw at the top of your post that you had conquered your writer's block, which is great! What are you writing, if I may ask? Your poetry was always lovely and amusing, so I'm sure your other writing is great!
She's 5. :)
I'm quite glad of conquering Writer's Block myself, too! :) I'm writing several thrown-together, hurry-scurry matters of books. :P One is my NaNo book, which I'm trying to lengthen (set in about medieval times and about a boy who is a hidden king only known to himself, and is living as a servant in the midst of his kingdom), another is a Lousia May Alcott/L.M. Montgomery kind of book, and the last is about a European Royal Court. I've only done about 2 pages of it, but I'm really excited to do it! :) [/ramble] What was your NaNo book about, if I may ask? :)
D'awwww. :ymblushing: Thank-you! :ymhug:

Oooh, chocolate chip cookies! Do you make them cakey, crisp, or in the middle? *takes one from the plate, if there be any and gratefully says her thanks* Mmm.

Ruby wrote: Bella! Good to hear from you too! Yes, our stupid internet. Grr. Oh, well. How have you been lately?
Yes. :( Has it been fixed? I've been doing very well lately, thanks! Things have been going smoothly by, summer's being just summer going away very fast but that can't be helped. :P How about you? :)

It sounds like you had an enthralling time at the Joshua Bell concert! I've never heard anything by him, but he sounds very talented. What did you think of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra?

Dotty, it's a pleasure to meet you. :) So... *starts a coversation* what's your favourite letter of the alphabet and why? ;) :P

Poggy wrote:*sends a wave to Bella* So CS is learning to drive, eh? She strikes me as someone who would be a rather safe driver. I'm glad to hear you're doing so well.
*waves back and sends a hug* Mhmm, CS is learning to drive. :P LOL! Well, yes, she would be a rather safe driver but... I might make it worse for her if I'm in the car by yelling impulsively, "OH! No! Wait! You'll hit that tree! Watch out!"&c. ;) Thank-you! And how have you been doing? =]

*makes her corny smile even wider at Mel, 'till it hurts* LOL, cheese and corn. That is quite tasty, though... *wants cornbread naow* ;)
I'm being blamed for your latest sewing project, hey? Loverly! ^.^ *anticipates pictures* Might you be able to enclose the secret information of what it is? ;;)

*laughs aloud at Lys's Epic, modest post*
Not, uh... in a mocking way. ;)

*waves to AJoanna* I think we've met before very briefly quite earlier, but I'm not sure. You can call me AitB or Bella (not from Twilight). =]

I'm done but oh dear, I've done an unimpardonable amount of skimming throughout so I am sincerely and truly sorry if I missed anyone!
*wonders when she'll start using more variety of emoticon...*
I'll be around for a few.
*studies her To-Do List and decides that "Do hair" should be done first* Summer days just endorse laziness...
RL Sibling: CSLewisNarnia
Aslanisthebest
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 19, 2010 11:35 am

comes in singing "Another Layer" from Bridge To Terabithia"

hi! I am so hyper because I am doing VBS (Vacation Bible School) this week and I am a crew leader! today was the first day and it was awesome!
http://www.group.com/vbs

Ben: yes. those sentences had lots to do with each other :P it was on another forum in a chat room and we had a heated discussion about God and all that and there was one atheist and I was the only Christian (goodness knows what the other people believed) and it was crazy. #:-s :( :)

Ali doesn't get hyper much. the only time I have ever seen her hyper was one time when we were playing Apples To Apples and she was totally hyper a giggly and crazy and we were shocked because she's never like that! :P :P

Aslans Country: well, I might have exaggerated a bit, but I have seen it so much I have lost count :P :P

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jul 19, 2010 12:28 pm

Hey!

Jo wrote:GtG, I love reading your first paragraph there! :ymhug: I'm thankful God is providing for your needs and is teaching you to rely upon Him. It sounds like you are experiencing His wonderful peace in your life. :)

And, I must say, I laughed aloud at this post of yours in Past Movies. How fun that your exchange student is named Iñigo!

:ymhug: yes, peace is exactly the way to put it :) .

Hehe, yes it's quite funny ;)) . All of our friends made him say that line too :p .

dotK wrote:I'm glad you're happy, GTG. And it's good to hear about how God's been working in your life. :)

thank you :) . It's nice to be genuinely happy for a change.

Queen Susan wrote:Yeah, I really, really like the guitar sound too! Can you buy the songs on itunes, or what?

I know Kathy already answered this, but yes :) . You can buy the CD on iTunes and the physical CD comes out on the 27th. One of the songs (A Little Opera Goes a long Way) is free on iTunes right now and another song (Tennis Elbow) is free if you sign up for the email list :D .

Kathy wrote:So glad to hear. :ymhug:

*laughs at how the Ali-Ben conversation is always one line quotes and replies* :p

:ymhug:

;)) . Usually our conversations aren't too full of meaning either, just a bunch of teasing :p .

Exactly. And that is why I have a shelf full of rubbish books and libraries are holding all the ones I really wish I owned. [-( :p

;))

:ymblushing: I've just figured I don't really like the sound. Which is sad, because I wish I did like it. :p Is that weird? lol.. I might get Ocean Eyes someday. But Sky Sailing is going to come first. ;)

Really?! I love Owl City, I just like Sky Sailing beter. You should get Ocean Eyes sometime though!!! :p

Sad, isn't it? :( :p And I like my iPod, I don't want to get one of the new ones, even if it does have a video camera stuck to it. /:) I don't really get that - it's supposed to be a music player. :p

So.. any new music that you're into these days? ;)

yeah it is sad- my second baby :p . Mine is pretty decent- it's a classic but it has 80 GB so to get a new one with that capactiy would be expensive :-s .

Sky Sailing! :p Um, well I'm currently addicted to a song by Underoath, although I don't really like the rest of their music ;)) .

Ben wrote:Oh by the way I just bought some the of the Narnian books today I am rereading them for the second time *feels a bit ashamed to say it around here* well actually my brother read it to me for the first time and then ever since then I listened to the Audio books like a million times! But I decided to go back to reading the books! :D

*mouth drops open* :-o . Well at least you listened to the audio books alot, but still, reading is better :p .

Haha! So does She get hyper sometimes?

hehe, Libby's response is true ;)) . I got really hyper during that game- I don't know why :p . I also get hyper after a concert or when I find out a new CD is coming out. You should have seen me when Relient K announced Forget and Not Slow Down ;)) . I also sometimes get goofy when I'm with a certain friend, but not usually. I've been getting more hyper lately- b/c when I'm happy, I get more hyper :p .

*is totally shocked and annoyed* NO!!!!!! I JUST TYPED OUT ALL MY REPLIES TO YOU Ali AND I LOST IT SOMEHOW! AHHHHHH!!!!! I guess I will just to retype as best as I can. *rolls eyes at his computer* Grrrr

Aww, I pity you- now you know how I feel...alot *pats Ben on the shoulder* ;)) .

Makes me smile to know that God is doing things in your life! He is working in me too!

that's great :) !

Ok :-$ No one tell Ali that it is SO BEAUTIFUL UP HERE AND THAT SHE IS MISSING OUT AND THAT I'M GOING TO BE GOING CAMPING AGAIN THIS THURSDAY AND THAT I WILL BE CAMPING FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS! Because that would make her jealous and I don't want that ;) So not a word okay?

You should not have looked at this spoiler Ali! Now you know and are jealous! :P ;) ;))

X( X( X( you are SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!! =; [-( 8-| ;)

I guess that is a good thing because if it did not then no one would be able to control her!

lol totally :p .

Yeah I guess I do know it :P But it is fun ;) :P

8-| :p

I'll just not say anything... The real reason I'm not saying anything is because I forgot what we were talking about :P Because we talk about so much! You ever do that? :D

haha yes it happens all the time ;)) . I just go check our last few posts :p .

Yeah he looks just like his uncle! (ME!) ;) JOKE! Haha :P

/:) ha ha NOT! Lol, just kidding :p .

Lucky? Why? ;)) :P

b/c I have hardly any older cousins! And no older siblings. But now one of my friends said he would be my older brother so that's close enough :p . And even though it's online, the way you and I act to each other is kinda...twin-ish? ;))

Bella wrote:*waves back to Gtg* I'm doing just lovely, thanks! How about you? :)

Very well :) . Yesterday we went to Boston with some exchange students and both ours and their exchange students. It was alot of fun- and we got completely soaked in a water fountain :p . We also climbed to the top of the Bunker Hill monument which was pretty tiring, but fun :) . What have you been doing lately?

TTFN :)
Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby AJoanna » Jul 19, 2010 12:41 pm

*drags herself in after an insanely long volleyball practice* #:-s

I. am. so. sore. *feels guilty for craving Brusters*

http://www.brusters.com/

That's not what one should be thinking about after a three hour long workout, is it? :-s

Oh well. At least I survived. :)

On to more important topics.

Southern Ontario summers can be brutal. With the heat index it has regularly felt at least 40°C/104°F here the past while. Once or twice it even made it up to 109°F!

Whoa, seriously? It gets that cold in Canada?! *sends an imaginary sympathy card to jo* I guess I've always imagined Canada as almost perpetually frozen. :ymblushing:

I hope you make the school band this year. The flute is such a pretty instrument. (So, you're not homeschooled?)

Oh yeah, I forgot because it was such a while ago. :ymblushing: We changed churches about two years ago, and our new one has a private school. So I've been going there for... well this'll be my third year. Senior, woots! I've become the class nerd. Not like you know, :-B, that type of nerd, they just don't quite get my fascination with books and computers. ;)) But, I'm totally cool with it, because sooner or later they all come to me for help with homework. :p And then I get a feeling of power. B-)

*waves back to Bella* Hey, nice to meet you!! :) Thank goodness your name isn't from Twilight. :p I have an unhealthy abhorrence for that whole franchise thing, in general. It isn't so much the actual story as it is the screaming fangirls (and middle-aged women) and the fact that I'm being bombarded with proomotional stuff for it everywhere I go. Even in my dentist's office for crying out loud. Is nothing sacred?! ~x(

*goes away to listen to some Mat Kearney*

Signature by enigmaffliction
AJoanna
NarniaWeb Guru

Postby daughter of the King » Jul 19, 2010 2:01 pm

*skips into the Square*

Good Mortereve everyone!

Lab got out two hours early! My day has been made.

*waves to Queen Susan, Aslans Country, and Liberty-the-Always-Hyper-Hoffman*

Benjamin wrote:was reading The Magician's Nephew that part where Digory and Jill plant the toffee

You mean Digory and Polly, right? ;)

Bella (not from Twilight) wrote:what's your favourite letter of the alphabet and why? ;) :P

L. Because it sounds cool to say, is fun to write in cursive, and when in names has a very melodious sound. B-) *continues conversation* Would you rather be a deep-sea-diver or a rock-climber?

*waves to GTG and AJoanna and skips back out*
Narniaweb sister to Pattertwig's Pal
daughter of the King
Princess Dot

Postby Meltintalle » Jul 19, 2010 3:06 pm

Bella wrote:Might you be able to enclose the secret information of what it is? ;;)
Well, I might. :p

After that sort of build up, I really hope it was you who linked to the dress on Modcloth... ;)) If you remember, last week sometime I mentioned that there would be a polo match on Saturday and there was a hat contest... (No, Betsie, I didn't win, even though I carefully coordinated the hat and dress.) Anyway, the Modcloth dress inspired the one I sewed, and I wasn't able to get a full length shot of myself, so this one will have to hint at its awesomeness until I get a better one. :)
Meltintalle
Ra-pun-z-mel

Postby Liberty Hoffman » Jul 19, 2010 4:01 pm

comes in singing "Dead Inside" by Skillet at the top of her lungs

hi again!

daughter of the king: hi! *waves* how are you? do you like Bridge To Terabithia? I love the book and the movie SO much and I have lost count of the number of times I have read and watched it! it's so awesome! yay! I love it!

I must dash!
NW sister - wild rose ~ NW big sis - ramagut
Born in the water
Take quick to the trees
I want all that You are

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EADBC57vKfQ
Liberty Hoffman
NarniaWeb Master
Libby the Epic; sub in the WC

Postby lysander » Jul 19, 2010 4:43 pm

The loquacious Mel wrote: ;))

Heheh, I's a funny chap, ain't I?

Seriously, I wish I were always as witty as I seem to have been that evening. *realizes that his front is slipping Epically* I mean, indeed, my good friends, my powers of Elocution and General Cleverness never flag. Because, of course, Epic people are also Maddeningly Consistent. *

* This paragraph might lead you to believe that there are other Epic People in the world. I am not aware of them, I am afraid to say, and am sorry if I misled you all.

Jo, do let us know what you think of Inception.

The most impertinent Glenstorm wrote:So I asked a question in the Books thread and no one has answered yet so I suppose I can ask you on here ;) . What McKillip should I read next? I really want to read more of her books :D .

The Riddle-Master Trilogy, if you don't mind reading more than one book. That's my favorite and, in my opinion, her best. The last book made me cry! Otherwise, I'm not sure. Winter Rose is my third favorite but I'd suggest you read a few more of hers before you try that one. malkah and other denizens of the Books! thread really enjoy In the Forests of Serre, so maybe that would be the safest choice. I've also enjoyed The Forgotten Beasts of Eld, Ombria in Shadow, Alphabet of Thorn (a little content in this one), Song for the Basilisk, The Changeling Sea, and The Book of Atrix Wolfe, in about that order. (Actually, I think I liked Fool's Run better than all of the last three, but it's very mature in content and sci-fi and hard to find, so prob. not the best recommendation.)

Hope than answers your question!

The operatically uninclined AJoanna wrote:"O Mio Babbino-whatever-the-name-of-that-song-is"

That would be, "O mio babbino caro." :-B

Welcome back, btw! :)

The ailing Ben wrote:ugh! I'm just coming down with a cold!

Oh dear, I am sorry about that. Hopefully you haven't caught this from me.

(Remember, folks: you can catch illnesses. But not Epicness. ;) )

AslansCountry wrote:At that rate.. you would have to have watched the movie, um.. once every 12 days?

I'd believe it. I have been trying to convince Libby that this is beginning to become an obsession, the sort that requires support groups and advanced treatment and that sort of thing, only she won't listen to me. Ah, well. Hopeless cases rarely do. (j/k, of course :p )

What is this? A song with a title that includes the word "Opera" in it? Free on iTunes? *goes to check if it's still available*

The disenchanted AJoanna wrote:Is nothing sacred?!

Yes: my Facebook wall. But I think that's about it.
~~~~~
"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view... Until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it."
~~~~~
lysander
Moderator Emeritus

Postby Aslans Country » Jul 19, 2010 9:48 pm

Yay! People returned to the Square. :ymhug: :p
So.. our family finally breaks down and decides it's time to turn the AC on and guess what? It's broken! And guess what else? The company that we need to call to get it fixed take first and third Tuesdays off, and every Wednesday! So.. we can't call until Thursday, and can't get someone in to look at it until Friday.. :( What is it with the Square and people's ACs breaking? :p

Ben wrote: :-s Oh Have mercy on me! ;) lol. Yep those are the ones :)

I'll consider it ;) I've heard they're really good.. and they weren't that expensive when I looked them up on Amazon.. :) I have experience with a lot of audiobooks being ridiculously overpriced. [-(

Oh, I apologize for thinking you overlooked me then. :ymblushing: :p
I think that's what I meant. But my memory's a little fuzzy. ;)

Happy Birthday to Bella's father. :p Oh, and I love the 'scrumptious' quote. ;)

Bella wrote:Kathy- D'aw! *gives her an abundance of fresh apricots* Well, yes, dried apricots are better than no apricots.
That would be a grand peach tree, all the way up to the 8th floor!
Reading a little further, I note you have perfect pitch? Wow,wow! Can you sight-sing very well?

*accepts them gratefully* Dried ones taste pretty good if you soak them for awhile 'undrying' them, as it were. :p
That is would be. ;)
My perfect pitch isn't very good at all, it basically goes as far as hearing the white keys on a piano and naming them at any time. :ymblushing: And maybe other instruments, but I can't pick notes out of songs and name them, or sing a given note or anything. :p I have a friend that does it perfectly, and that's pretty cool.

Ali wrote: . Usually our conversations aren't too full of meaning either, just a bunch of teasing .

So I've seen. ;)

Really?! I love Owl City, I just like Sky Sailing beter. You should get Ocean Eyes sometime though!!!

Well, I like some songs. I dunno. :-s I just listened to the full version of "Sailboats" for the first time, because more songs are popping up on Youtube :p , and the piano on that song is soooo beautiful. :) Favourite song on the album? I think so. ;)

yeah it is sad- my second baby . Mine is pretty decent- it's a classic but it has 80 GB so to get a new one with that capactiy would be expensive .

80GB? :-o Wow... you have 10 times my capacity then. ;) But if I only fill it up with music that's really all I need.

Sky Sailing! Um, well I'm currently addicted to a song by Underoath, although I don't really like the rest of their music .

Oh yeah.. :p I wasn't really counting that as *new* because, you know, it's still Adam Young. :p
I need to get over to the music thread again.. I used to get so many recommendations from you guys. ;)

AJoanna wrote:I have an unhealthy abhorrence for that whole franchise thing, in general. It isn't so much the actual story as it is the screaming fangirls (and middle-aged women) and the fact that I'm being bombarded with proomotional stuff for it everywhere I go. Even in my dentist's office for crying out loud. Is nothing sacred?!

*agrees passionately with everything in this paragraph*

*laughs at the conversation between Bella and dot*

*notices with some amusement that Libby has stopped singing BTT songs upon entering the Square and reverted back to Skillet songs* B-)

*stops using "*" marks to indicate her actions in 3rd person*

lysander wrote:I'd believe it. I have been trying to convince Libby that this is beginning to become an obsession, the sort that requires support groups and advanced treatment and that sort of thing, only she won't listen to me. Ah, well. Hopeless cases rarely do. (j/k, of course :p )

lol :))

Well, I'm off to a friend's house to sleep over, so when I get back, I'll probably be very (-| (-| & i-) i-)

But in a very good way.

;))
Avie by flambeau.

"I'm there through your heartache, I'm there in the storm.. I don’t care where you've fallen, where you have been, I'll never forsake you, my love never ends, it never ends."
Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jul 19, 2010 10:54 pm

Hi everyone!

so I think I might finally know what brain type I am- ENTP. I was talking to two of my friends yesterday and one of them is an ENTP and both he and I are extremely similair. And he and his brother both think I'm an ENTP too, they're not positive, b/c they're not experts, but they're pretty sure. I was reading about ENTPs online and I do think the description fits me better than and INFP, which is what I've gotten when I've taken online tests.

Anyway, catchup! :D

the way-too-in-to-his-own-epicness Lysander wrote: * This paragraph might lead you to believe that there are other Epic People in the world. I am not aware of them, I am afraid to say, and am sorry if I misled you all.

sorry to dampen your vanity, but I know two other very epic people, so there [-( :p .

wow, ok, I don't know what I'll choose from that list ;)) . Maybe the triology, if I have enough time...I'm reading The Thief right now since no one could tell me which McKillip to read :p .

X( And what did I ever do to deserve the title "most impertinent" :( ? Don't you think it very un-epic and ungallant for a "gentleman" to call a lady that? [-( =; :p

Lys wrote:What is this? A song with a title that includes the word "Opera" in it? Free on iTunes? *goes to check if it's still available*

did you find/get it? Did you like it? I love it :D .

*waves to DotK* so, what have you been doing lately? :)

Kathy wrote:So I've seen. ;)

;))

Well, I like some songs. I dunno. :-s I just listened to the full version of "Sailboats" for the first time, because more songs are popping up on Youtube :p , and the piano on that song is soooo beautiful. :) Favourite song on the album? I think so. ;)

Ooh I'll have to listen to it! Adam Young (or anyone really :p ) + piano= total awesomeness :D .

80GB? :-o Wow... you have 10 times my capacity then. ;) But if I only fill it up with music that's really all I need.

mine is mainly music...and 318 music videos, interviews, concert videos, etc :p

Oh yeah.. :p I wasn't really counting that as *new* because, you know, it's still Adam Young. :p
I need to get over to the music thread again.. I used to get so many recommendations from you guys. ;)

;))

yes you do! Speaking of, I need to myself :p .

Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Miss Rosario » Jul 20, 2010 4:23 pm

Mortereve, all! *has put off a catch up post for far too long*

~LL~ wrote:Hear, hear! I use several here and there, but when an entire sentence/conversation looks like that, my grammar alert goes off and I'm a red pen maniac. ;) ;)) Abbreviations on the other hand. . . :p

True, true. ["hi, how r u? im greattt thx 4 asking. wat hav u been up 2?"] *involuntary shudder* Oftentimes it seems almost easier to write/type normally, too... I just don't understand it. ;))

Attolia. Hm. I looked in four libraries, and they didn't have them. (With the exception of one, who carried The Thief--which was currently checked out.) :( I really do want to read them. Almost everyone has such good recommendations! Hopefully I'll find them somewhere... and soon.

*is impressed by LL's consistent diligence and long posts* ;)) You still amaze me, especially with remembering each person's own color.

Thank-you, stargazer! We go down to Missouri at least once a year (typically for Thanksgiving), but it's been a bit more often lately, due to my grandparents' deteriorating health.
And hurray for you NarniaWeb-related visits. My sister is quite excited about the upcoming Mod Moot, and I'm a bit jealous. I'll be looking for pictures of you all! :)

Thank-you as well, Bella, for the concern. My eye is feeling much better. :) And my summer's been 'swinging along' (I like how that sounds) quite well! I've been occupying my time with writing, a few odd jobs, books, and... the like. I hope you've been well!
Mm, roasted apples are delicious. My mom makes them sometimes. *proceeds on quickly with her post to avoid stomach rumbles* ;)

Louise, from the Books Thread wrote:I've been reading and re-reading the Harry Potter books to try and fully take in the story.

Ahhh. I just started reading (well, sort of "reading") them two or three weeks ago, and am currently in the midst of Order of the Phoenix. Oh my, the series is something else! Nothing like I expected. ;)) My sister kept telling me how good they are, and I finally got around to listening to the audiobooks. (Didn't have time to read the actual books; listening on an iPod is much easier, as you can do stuff around the house at the same time.)

Yes, Miss Jojo, we did attend a Joshua Bell concert! I came out with two pictures, a couple autographs, and a handshake. ;)) The music was wonderful. *happy sigh*
Hehe, we've been to Chicago so many times in such a short time span I think I'll pop. Two-and-a-half hours each way... I got caught up on some much-needed sleep, though, listened to audiobooks on my iPod, and... um... slept some more... ;)) It was about 2:30 in the morning when we got home from the concert, and I didn't drop off to sleep until well past three o'clock.

Ooh, what an impressive Newsflash post you made, Lys (always wondered if that's pronounced "Lice" or "Lies"), back on page 186. I'm pleased to hear that the Epic One's epic-ness did not diminish, even slightly, in the face of extreme peril---a cold. Cheers for you. :)

PA: Six Flags, eh? I went there once---got a free ticket from somewhere, and thought I'd take advantage of the experience. I went on rollercoasters for the first time (which was quite, uh, electrifying--but fun all the same!), and had a busy and crowded and packed day. My bed felt very, very comfortable that night. ;)

*naughtily resides to skimming only for her name* ;) One does get hungry after awhile.

*waves back to Dot, whom she has met once before* Hullo! Ah, you're participating in the reading group? Have you been enjoying it? I meant to, but got consumed with other time-consuming things. *sigh* It looked like it would have been fun.

AC wrote:That concert sounds absolutely amazing, Miss R. :) Not that I would know anything about violins, or string instruments in general, but those days that are the best days in your life are always good days. ;)

Yes. :) They are.

Thank-you, Mr. Gorse, for your concern about my eye. I must say I would agree with you on the un-gentlemenly behavior of my cousin, though I have yet to hear of his camel-infested trousers (oops, camel flea-infested trousers). ;)

Nick wrote:Oh, I wasn't suggesting that you watch it online, I was just explaining how I watch it, since we don't have TV. :)

Ah, I see. My bad. I do wish we had a faster internet, however; it would have been wonderful to watch the World Cup! My sister was rooting for Spain, so she was... excited, to say the least. ;))

Ahh, Louise... to say I was at a loss for words would be an extreme understatement. ;))

That is a good quote, Poggy. Who are you favorite character(s), or are you like me, and can't decide?

Lys: Ahh? Mendelssohn is one of my all-time favorite composers. Liszt, Rachmaninoff, Tchaikovsky, and Grieg are some others I enjoy.

*waves to AJoanna* Greetings! I don't believe we've met, but "welcome back" all the same. :) You may call me Rose/Rosa/Miss R/etc. if you like!

All-right. My catch-up post is now finished, and I'm out and away. Mortereve!
*poofs off to a happy land of rice, stir fry, and Harry Potter audiobooks*
Icon by fireworks123
NW little sister to Windsong
NW twin to Rosie

"I don't run away from a challenge because I am afraid. Instead, I run toward it because the only way to escape fear is to trample it beneath your feet." -Nadia Comaneci
Miss Rosario
NarniaWeb Fanatic
Wandering Welcomer

Postby Glenstorm the Great » Jul 20, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi hi!

Why has no one been on all night X( . I've been waiting.... :p

*waves to Miss Ro* you were the only one on ALL Day! :p

Wow it's 11pm already?! No wonder I have a headache. I should probably go to bed....but I think I'll wait some more...

*one hour later*

ok goodnight all! I have to sleep now :p .

Glenstorm the Great
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Benjamin » Jul 20, 2010 9:40 pm

*enters into the square*

Hey Everyone!

So I forgot to say that I went and saw Despickable Me... It was a pretty good movie, not an amazing one but still ok :)

Annnddd..... I will be going on a really fun camping trip starting on Thursday and then I will be coming back on Sunday! It should prove to be a blast!

And now Catchup....

Aslanisthebest wrote:Ben: Your camping endeavour sounded like it was splendid. On the hills, in the outdoors, under the stars? How marvelous! :) It was real camping in tents, yes?

It was! And I will be going on another on Thursday!
Yep it was very marvelous! Yeah for sure!

Libby wrote:Ben: yes. those sentences had lots to do with each other it was on another forum in a chat room and we had a heated discussion about God and all that and there was one atheist and I was the only Christian (goodness knows what the other people believed) and it was crazy.

Ali doesn't get hyper much. the only time I have ever seen her hyper was one time when we were playing Apples To Apples and she was totally hyper a giggly and crazy and we were shocked because she's never like that!

Oh I see...

Oh really? That game does weird things to people! ;) :P Haha.

Ali wrote:*mouth drops open* . Well at least you listened to the audio books alot, but still, reading is better .

Yes reading is way better which is why I'm going to do that now :)

hehe, Libby's response is true . I got really hyper during that game- I don't know why . I also get hyper after a concert or when I find out a new CD is coming out. You should have seen me when Relient K announced Forget and Not Slow Down . I also sometimes get goofy when I'm with a certain friend, but not usually. I've been getting more hyper lately- b/c when I'm happy, I get more hyper .

Haha. Well as I said the her "That games does weird stuff to people" ;) :P
Wow you are like completely crazy about Relient K! :p
Well glad you are getting more happy!

Aww, I pity you- now you know how I feel...alot *pats Ben on the shoulder* .

Yeah now I can have pity on you too :) .

X( X( X( you are SOOOOO ANNOYING!!!! =; [-( /:) ;)

Hey it's your fault you looked in that spoiler! ;) :P

haha yes it happens all the time ;)) . I just go check our last few posts :P .

I usually do that.

/:) ha ha NOT! Lol, just kidding :p .

Sure you are :| ;) :p

b/c I have hardly any older cousins! And no older siblings. But now one of my friends said he would be my older brother so that's close enough :P . And even though it's online, the way you and I act to each other is kinda...twin-ish? ;))

Oh I see :)
That's cool!
Yeah rather a lot twin-ish :P

daughter of the King wrote:You mean Digory and Polly, right? ;)

Yes ;)) *goes back and fixes it* Thanks! #:-s ;))

lysander wrote:Oh dear, I am sorry about that. Hopefully you haven't caught this from me.

(Remember, folks: you can catch illnesses. But not Epicness. ;) )

"Is was you!" (wonders if any of the Avatar: The Last Airbender fans rec-i-con-i-lize that quote) Haha maybe so ;) Thanks for the pity :D

Haha

Aslans Country wrote:I'll consider it ;) I've heard they're really good.. and they weren't that expensive when I looked them up on Amazon.. :) I have experience with a lot of audiobooks being ridiculously overpriced. [-(

Oh, I apologize for thinking you overlooked me then. :ymblushing: :p
I think that's what I meant. But my memory's a little fuzzy. ;)

Thanks for the consideration! ;) :P ;)) They are really expensive! I was lucky and got them free from a friend ;)) .

Oh nothing to apologize for! ;))

*waves to Miss Rose*

Edit: Goodnight Ali! :ymhug:

Well I'm off to bed! See you all later!

--Benjamin
Avvie By Flambeau Sig by Ithilwen
Team Hoodie!!
Benjamin
NarniaWeb Fanatic

Postby Aslans Country » Jul 21, 2010 4:27 am

I am officially the most exhausted person... ever. (-| (-|
Well, not quite, but 4 hours sleep is not too good on me. :p But I have a lot of fun sleeping over - we even watched LWW! ;) And one of the girls turned out to be a bit of a Narnia fan herself. :D In that, she's actually read the books. :p And we kept annoying the other two by talking the whole way through the movie. B-) But that's nothing new with me.

Oh, and if anyone would like to sympathize with me how boring and pointless shopping with the intention of not buying anything and merely walking around the shops trying different things on and being forced into outfits by friends and then walking outside into the humidity and going into another shop and doing the same thing repeatedly for a lonnnggg time is, now would be the time to mention it. ;) :p

Okay.. so. Hmm. There haven't been that many posts. /:)

*wonders what ENTP stands for* I took one of those tests a while back..
Extrovert, N, T, and Perceiving? :-\ :p I'm not sure at all. I even forget what mine was. :p

The Thief? As in, those Attolia books? I'm reading that one now too. :p Coolness. ;)

Ali, to dot wrote:what have you been doing lately?

This just totally made that RK song come into my head. ;))

And how was "Sailboats"? ;)

mine is mainly music...and 318 music videos, interviews, concert videos, etc

lol. :)) I would not call that mainly music. ;) Concert videos are awesome though.

Ben wrote:Thanks for the consideration! They are really expensive! I was lucky and got them free from a friend .

Oh, they are? *frowns*
Now I'm confused. :-s

Have a good mortereve, everyone! :)
Avie by flambeau.

Aslans Country
NarniaWeb Nut

PreviousNext