Filming at Cleveland Point Comes to an End

Posted September 22, 2009 9:12 pm by Tirian

Our NarniaWeb all-star spy ‘Tamara’ writes in that filming at Cleveland Point has come to an end. The ship will be dismantled on Friday.

I went back to the Narnia set this morning with my sister, and unfortunately it was the last day of filming (at Cleveland Point) yesterday and I MISSED IT!! So bummed. Pretty much everything was gone, just trucks to cart away the gear. The security lady told us that they are pulling the ship apart on Friday.

Then we saw these signs around the Cleveland shops that were similar to ones near the set for the extras, and so we followed the signs and found all the trailers and trucks and everything in a footy field carpark. But we couldn’t see anything going on. I heard a rumour (on Facebook) that they were filming behind some of the shops so we drove around for a while but still couldn’t find anything. It would have made sense though, filming behind the shops and all the trailers etc only 2 minutes away.

Thank you Tamara and all our other fabulous spies!

• Always a Narian Queen says:

Such a bummer cause I was going to be there in just a couple of days and wanted to see if I could pop by. Well at least I have my answer! Can’t wait to hear any more news! Thanks for the updates!

• Lucy&Reepicheep says:

Wow that seems like a short time to finish filming

• JadistarkilleR says:

that isnt the end of filming, its merely the end of shooting at Cleveland point. from what i know the ship will be disassembled then moved back to the Gold Coast to be reassembled to continue shooting. they would also start shooting inside a studio so it would be tougher to get spy photos. so good luck to all intrepid spy reporters! πŸ˜€

• Molly says:

I agree…puzzling. But I trust their judgment. Filming must have gone well for them to have finished the boat scenes in so short a time!

• Narnia Lover says:

I agree as well with you. It really does seem like a vary short time for filming, but I trust that they know what they’re doing! SAIL ON VDT!!! πŸ˜€

• JadistarkilleR says:

did nobody read what i just said? filming of VDT is ***not*** done! filming the scenes at Cleveland point is. the VDT cast and crew are moving back to the Gold Coast to continue filming. they’re gonna be there for at least 2 more months!

• Bother Eustace says:

*raises hand exuberantly like small child* I read it! I read it! πŸ™‚
        Don’t worry everyone, we’ve known about this disassemble-reassemble business since before the Dawn Treader was finished being built at Cleveland Point. The filming is not done; not even all of the ship scenes. This is only the beginning of the adventure… or something like that.

• GlimGlum says:

Thanks Tamara. Gave us a lot to talk about last couple of weeks. But there are other scenes to be filmed and maybe something "official" and behind-the-scenes will appear for them. Hope so.

• 7chronicles says:

Thanks for all of your spy reports Tamara! How I wish I could have been there, Well God willing maybe they will someday let people pay to get on the Dawn Treader, or have a contest or something, one can still hope!

• Narnia Lover says:

Thanks Tamara for all your spy reports! πŸ˜€ It all gave us a lot of excitment! SAIL ON VDT!!! πŸ˜€

This feels like the end of an era. Only a 2-month era, but still. How sad that they’re going to tear it apart! So it is in filmmaking. πŸ™

• tenthofthatname says:

Sad news to hear it coming apart, but thank you so much for all the reporting you’ve done!

• JadistarkilleR says:

which studio did they say they’re gonna move to? they said that the next shooting location is at the Gold Coast, but i dont recall what studio they’re gonna use for the indoor shoots. why am i asking? because depending on how large– or small– the studio is, would depend where the make-up/ wardrobe/ cast/ crew trailers are :D, and if the studio isnt large enough to accommodate these things, it means cast and crew get to walk around outside in costume or bring stuff in/out of the studio. SPY REPORTERS ARE YOU FOLLOWING ME?!? πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€

• Tamara says:

It’s at the Movieworld studios. They are pretty tight there and I’m pretty sure its a big studio, although I could be wrong because I’ve never seen it. The only times I’ve been there I was too interested in the theme park to worry about anything else!

Awww…does this mean we won’t be getting spy reports? πŸ™ Does this mean we’re going to have to wait and wait for more news? Does this mean we won’t find out who MLG is for a long time? *sigh* Oh well…I’m used to having to be patient.

• JadistarkilleR says:

hi there Tamara! thanks for all the FANTASTIC coverage you’ve provided for us so far. we really, really appreciate it :), i hope you’ve taken the time to sign up at the Narnia Web forums because you’re insight and experience would certainly come of great value.

thanks for providing the studio name. so its Movieworld huh? and its a large studio? aww nutz :(. there goes our chances of seeing/hearing anything else from henceforth, unless of course they’re hiring…;)

• Cornelia M.V. says:

Can’t they just take the ship and sail to wherever they need to go…Haha πŸ˜€

• NarniaRox says:

Whatever they do, I hope they finish filming quickly and decide, to release early!! i wanna watch the movie!!! πŸ˜›
    (but not so early as to be a flop and not be able to make silver chair :/ )

• Braden Woodburn says:

Ugh that sucks.

• CDT says:

Hey all, as far as I know, Movieworld isn’t even open to the public – only to crew, staff and of course, the actors involved. It is based away from the theme parks. So unless our ever-reliable spies can snap up a job in there…

On a lighter note, we went to see the filming set at Cleveland Point a couple of days ago and it was such a wonderful experience. Gary Sweet, Georgie & Ben were all so nice! Even the locals & the security guards were awesome! I’ll send in the photos soon, I promise, once I’ve made all the files smaller.

Sail on VDT!!!

Ps: No need to commiserate on the DT dismantling at Cleveland Point. They’ll keep filming and we’ll all get to see how they filmed when the DVD/features come out πŸ™‚

Um, this has nothing to do with the news story, but how do you look at the old news stories? There used to be an archive…where is it now? Is it possible to look at them now? If you know, please tell me where to find them, because I’d like to look at them. Thanks.

• CaspiansStar says:

Iv’e heard so many fantastic ideas tossed and bantered around amongst fans, cast and crew about what should become of the Dawn Treader. My sister, myself and some crew were all for sinking the Dawn Treader to create a dive for tourist and fans!! imagine that! "Dive the Dawn Treader"!! but unfortunately the foam would kill the fish so a no no.
    We were told that currently the destiny of the ship is –
    it will take 2 or 3 weeks to dissasemble and then transport to the studios to film inside the studios and on the water tanks. After filming ends in November the Ship is being shipped back to the UK as it was BOUGHT by a man who had connections with Walden Media or Warner Bros. one of the two. NO idea what he’s doing with it but that is the current destiny of the Ship!!
    We had a fantastic time at the set and are really grateful they allowed us to watch SO CLOSELY!! Cast essentials and extras, all crew and security and Traffic management were wonderful and very good willing towards fans. Hats off to them!!
    Australian fans have been excellent and tame towards the Cast essentials however some fans become too over the top and forced the cast to retreat into cars and disguises to escape the set when previously they were WALKING across the carpark to the catering marquee. Please please fellow fans treat the cast essentials like people and not commodities! Going berserk and over the top only terrifies them into hiding and spoils the opportunity for others. Relax and remember that the calmer you are the more likely they will come out. Becoming a celebrity as a job DOESN’T mean waveing human rights away. They’re nice people, return the favour!

• Candy says:

wow! already the ship found an owner? I hope he/she will use it for a good cause and not just plan to keep it in a mansion’s yard πŸ˜› it could be placed in an amusement park for charity or something like that. Plus, I am glad you thought that about the ppl working for the film, they do deserve our respect, it might be their job to act but they also love it and it’s not their choice to be mobbed by some crazy fans. thank you!

• JadistarkilleR says:

lemme guess, the cast that got terrified would be Ben Barnes huh? since he’s usually seen driven around to and from set. doesnt really suprise me since he tops everybodys stalker list lmao! wouldnt be surprised if Skandar and Georgie have opted to being driven too since we hardly see any photos of them outside.

anyway, really appreciate that you brought the news of the Dawn Treader’s new owner once filming ends. i hope she would really be maintained because she is a beautiful model ship. thanks again!

• CaspiansStar says:

Haha no Ben was not the only one who got terrified, he should be congratulated for braving the fans as much as he did! Even extras bailed, it was because the crowds got so large and contained some scary fans within their midst! The nail in the coffin was a girl that really spoiled it for everyone at Cleveland. On the last day at 7.00am Ben came out again despite the group and signed and obliged photos. One young girl went berserk and nearly had a heart attack when he stepped out of the car, grabbed hold of him for a photo and WOULD NOT LET GO of him, and then after the photo ran around in little circles screaming and squeeling. Ben handled it really well and graciously, signing getting the photo and even correcting her fan sign from "Prince Caspian" to "KING Caspian". Which was quite funny! However after that the girl and her family groupies continued to scream and call out to the cast on set. At 10.00am when filming ended not even security or Traffic control knew how the cast got out! they were genuinely at a loss. Theres only one road out and we saw THREE extras, a faun and the dwarf leave. As far as cast goes that was it. All the kids that had come to see the final signing at Cleveland point missed out.
        Up until that point the cast would come out and sign but not after a few fans went wild.
        All the cast got driven around set, i felt sorry for them! Skandar went to the loo and came out to a SCREAMING and chanting group of girls! he ran away! imagine that not even being able to go to the loo without being followed and screamed at! Cars had to back into the set to get the cast SAFELY to and from the catering tent! so please people – be tame! then they will come out.

• JadistarkilleR says:

oh wow. now that is the best way to scare the celebrities away– grabbing them like their stuff on a sales shelf. heck it would scare a regular person away. thanks for clearing that up CaspiansStar. it does look like Ben is quite game when dealing with the fans. goodness knows you need to have an extended amount of patience and understanding when indulging people’s wishes. and i feel a little sorry for Skandar. he’s quite a character but it seems that he finds celebrity life quite uncomfortable, poor boy.

do try to sign up at the Narnia Web forums CaspiansStar, insight from those who are actually on the ground when all of these are happening is extremely valued.

thanks again!

those poor actors! i just think its absolutely imature and rediculous to fall over and act like celebrities are god, whether its them or someone else. it is so true that when you treat them like normal people(which they are) they appreciate that and are able to come out and not feel like they have to watch out for fainting girls! i just want to say to ben and skander and perhaps will as well, i am sorry for any fans, especially girls, who were fainting at your feet(perhaps they didnt really do that, but they acted like it) and i’d like to say that any fan who ever thinks of acting like that should be ashamed of that. they are people, just like you, and they have no reason to be treated like that and have the fear of that.

• Princess Arya says:

I cannot say how much I agree! These are just people, and I imagine they would appreciate it if fans would at least let them have some space. I know I would! Poor Skandar especially, he has so many female fans out there.

• Fire Fairy says:

It’s always disgusted me how some people view and treat celebrities. All those girls that dream of marrying Skandar (sorry if any of you out there are one of them) should know that they’d never have a chance. No reasonable, sensible man/boy would want to be literally worshipped by his wife/girlfriend. Most would want to be able to have a decent conversation, and I’m betting they want someone they can go to that helps get their minds off of celebrity life! And I think that goes for all celebrities as well. There may be a few that enjoy the screaming fans, but most would rather have real friends than fans. Stardom’s a lonely life if you have no one to talk to as an actual person.

Okay, I’ll get off my soapbox now…

It’s a little depressing to hear that the Dawn Treader is being dismantled, but at least we know it’s not permanent, although it may be the last chance we have of such detailed spy videos…Hopefully we won’t have to endure an entire year of little more than nothing…ah, well.

• narniafan4ever says:

I know! I feel so bad for the actors. πŸ™ I can’t agree with you more, Fire Fairy! πŸ™‚

• AvatarSG says:

I have heard that the owner could well be the excutive producer as he is related to CS Lewis he would have a lot of pulling power

• daughter of the King says:

Oh well, this probably means we won’t hear anything for awhile. Someone bought the Dawn Treader? Wish I could have done that.

• narniafan4ever says:

*sigh* *sniffle* It’s so sad to see the filming at Cleveland point come to an end. πŸ™ And that they are taking apart the DT is even sadder…(if that’s a word…lol) Anyways, maybe they are taking the ship somewhere else to continue filming. It is kind of hard to believe that they built that beautiful ship only for a few weeks of filming! Oh, well. They know what they are doing. πŸ™‚ SAIL ON VDT!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

• Beren says:

wow, do we even know where they’re going next? I have a feeling that the news will slow down for a little while now πŸ™ And if I had the money, I would totally buy that ship.

• Eden says:

Wow, that was pretty quick. Thanks for all the photos and videos Tamara!
    I hope the next part of VotDT filming goes well. πŸ˜€

• Empress of the Lone Islands says:

Aww, that makes me so sad!! I wish they wouldn’t dismantle the Dawn Treader πŸ™

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Awwwwwwwwww. *sad face and crying inside*

• random. says:

It looked so beautiful on that coast. πŸ™ It just looked like it….belonged! haha. I can’t wait to be able to see it anytime I want in my home theater. πŸ™‚

• DruidDream says:

πŸ™ awwww
    thats too bad, I dont want to see the dawn treader dismanteled.
    It just passed soo fast

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Awwww! πŸ™ I hope they aren’t going to take the Dawn Treader down for good. I hope they put it up for display some where when they are done with it. It’s seems such a short time filming. Well when the movie comes out I can watch it anytime. Thank you so much Tamara, Icarus and all the other spies! I really appreciate what ya’ll did! Thank you! πŸ˜€ Good luck to any insides spies at the new place. I will be checking everyday! Thanks! πŸ˜€

you know what they should do with it, marima, they should set it up as a museum piece outside and allow people to walk onto it and see it really up close. i would give anything to step onto the Dawn Treader!

• Kristena Hill says:

πŸ™ So where are they going to film now?

• King Skandar the Just says:

Well, off to the next thing on the list!

• Scrubbers says:

Just thought some of you, especially GlumPuddle, should know that I saw a news vid online a month ago that said the ship is being reassembled at the next filming site. Dont’ be to bumbed. It’s coming back.

• Gandalfs Beard says:

I was shocked at the thought that the Dawn Treader would be disassembled. What a beautiful ship. I’m glad other posters have said it would be reassembled. It really should be kept whole for posterity and put in a Narnia Museum.

• InLoveWithAslan says:

*sniff* How sad! If I could buy the Dawn Treader I would!!!

that was a realy short filming process at cleavland point. i hope we find out where they’re going soon!
    i can’t believe they have to take the ship apart! that must be so much work!

• Glenstorm the Great says:

kind a sad that it is just gonna go to pieces. πŸ™

• aravistarkheena says:

Thanks a lot Tamara. I loved all the reports and all. But now… *starts to sniff* Why do they have to DESTROY the Dawn Treader?!?!?! WHY?!?!? *cries hysterically and bangs head against wall* Ow.

• Fire Fairy says:

Chill out! They aren’t destroying her, they’re merely dismantling her for transporting her to the next filming site in Gold Coast, Australia! Breathe, please!

its kinda sad for me. that beautiful ship! thats whats the most saddest: the dawn treader was only around for a little bit! awww, it was so beautiful. im surprised that thats all they had to do on it. i thought thats where they would shooting the most. well, i guess i’ll get over it. does anyone know where they are going next?

• Lucy says:

I can’t belive they are taking the DT apart! πŸ™

• Shi of Narnia says:

wow really? where do they plan to go next i wonder?

• Tamara says:

Has anyone been to the Warner Roadshow Studios website? (http://www.movieworldstudios.com.au/index.html) It has heaps of info about what they have and they even have pictures of the "eight sound stages, three water tanks, ten production offices, editing suites, wardrobe, makeup, construction, paint and carpentry shops."
    The place is HUGE. Spy photos? I doubt it πŸ™

I dont know how to link it but go to Google Maps and type in Movieworld, Gold Coast. The studios aren’t linked on Google Maps but you can see it right in between Movieworld and Wet ‘N’ Wild Water World.

• narniafan4ever says:

Wow! That is quite the place!!
      haha….I am getting so excited about this film. CAN’T WAIT!!!!!!! In order to quench my need and anticipation for the next movie, I am reading the story right now. Ah…if they stick to the book as much as we all hope, it will be sooooo awesome! :))

• JadistarkilleR says:

well… it doesnt look to be as gigantic as Leavesden studios (where the HP films are made, and was impossible to get any news out). Movieworld looks to be smaller, but contains several sound stages, where i could guess they would use studio#5, since its the largest and houses the indoor water tank. also note that there is an outdoor water tank as well. some of the sets are probably already built, since there was news coverage before where they showed a garden (i’m forgetting which scene that could belong to) built in one of the soundstages.

depending on the terrain and where make-up/ wardrobe/ catering is located relative to the soundstage they’re using there may be *some* chance that an intrepid narniafan could see something /someone. the best is to check out that website, it actually shows a pretty detailed layout of the studio. πŸ™‚

• JadistarkilleR says:

the studio shows up at wikimaps: http://wikimapia.org/#lat=-27.9100733&lon=153.3134794&z=17&l=0&m=s&v=9

its right smack in the middle of the themeparks! LOL :D, its surrounded by trees, parking lots, open spaces, man-made lakes, heck even the overpass across the way. definitely a good chance for some spying when they come out of the sound stages and/or the wardrobe buildings (since they’re across studio#5). heck a brave soul could probably climb that rollercoaster and have an unhindered view of everything πŸ˜‰

LOL! anyway, good luck to y’all intprepid spy reporters. its not gonna be as easy as Cleveland Point, but its not impossible like Leavesden πŸ˜‰

• yeswelovenarnia says:

bummer, are they taking the dawn treader apart forever???? or just for this one part????

• Lucy-fan says:

Oh! Too bad!

• Sammie says:

Thanks so much to all the spies and the mods for posting all those pictures and videos!

• Heather says:

THANKS TAMARA FOR ALL THE PICS AND VIDEOS!!!

• ernesto torres chΓ‘vez says:

yo quiero ver el trailer de repechep y tamara y eutace y edmmund y el rey caspian y la reyna lucky todos juntos en el video bye

• always narnian says:

That’s sad…Lol. are the actually going to take the ship somewhere else???

• AvatarSG says:

I have also had the oppurtunity to meet with all the cast and crew and caspianstar is correct treat them like normal people and they will gladly talk to you in return gary sweet is an extremly nice guy and always willing to have a chat ben barnes is a really down to earth fellow aswell didn’t get to see much of skandar of georgie but they always seemed very friendly

• Lady Polly says: