Walden Media to Make Berenstain Bears Movie

Posted November 5, 2009 8:06 am by fantasia_kitty

One of the most beloved children’s book series of all time, The Berenstain Bears, will be made into a movie by Walden Media. USA Today reports that Shawn Levy, director of the Night at the Museum movies, has signed on to produce a feature film based on The Berenstain Bears books, a comedy he says will be a mix of live-action and computer animation. You can read the whole story here. Thanks to everyone who sent us this link!

• fantasia_kitty says:

I loved these books when I was little. I think most of my allowance went to buying these books. It will be interesting to see what kind of movie they make out of them.

• narnian1 says:

I loved them as a kid as well. never bought them but I sure borrowed them from the library every week. Definitely will be interesting to see…

• NarniaNut says:

I used to read them too,but I DON’T want to see a movie from i! ๐Ÿ™
      ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ :0 ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ™
      (Sorry,I’m just experimenting on how to make different smiley-faces)

• Lutra's Pearl says:

I can’t wait to see it. I loved the books when I was little!

• Aliea says:

Me too, Those Books were some of my favorites. I can’t wait to find out who the cast is ๐Ÿ˜‰

• narnia_fan12 says:

OK. SERIOUSLY. if you’re going to adapt an animated book, please— PLEASE. live action/ animated always fail drastically. (remember the garfield films?)

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Ehhhhhhhhh yeah. I’m just wondering how it’s possible to mix live-action and animation if all the characters are bears…like use a real background and set instead of an animated one? ?_?

Yeah, I like Berenstein Bears, and I hope they don’t ruin them. I don’t like the idea of live-action and computer animation–I’d rather see them as cartoons or possibly CGI. Oh well, I don’t have to watch it.

• Lilprincessofthelion says:

I have to agree with Starlily on her point, I think I loved the books as a kid, but I’m worried how they’ll come to the screen. They don’t seem the sort of books on can put to movie. I think cartoon is probably best. *remebers how she hated the live-action "Grinch" as opposed to the animated one.*

Yeah, I’ll always like the original Grinch cartoon better than any new thing they’ll come out with.

• narnia_fan12 says:

Lilprincessofthelion: I compeltely agree. the grinch movie was HORRIBLE. I can only imagine what’ll happen to the berenstain bears. LOL, imagine this. Big, black bears from alaska escape from a new york zoo, and instead of terrozing new york begin to fall in love with how humans live. Sounds, great, no?!

• Fire Fairy says:

Uuggh. *shudders* Don’t remind me. The Garfield movies were a disaster. And I heard that they plan on having the bear family be among people, and having to deal with being different from everybody!!! I really hope they don’t ruin it!! The Berenstein Bears are a classic!!

• Narniamiss says:

Very cool! I’ll bet this will sell pretty well.

• JadistarkilleR says:

uh oh.

i want to be optimistic, but i havent been particularly pleased with mixed CG-live action movies like Scooby Doo and Garfield. and those were beloved series as much as or even more so than Berenstain Bears.

• Anna's Sister says:

This has me worried too. It just doesn’t seem to be the sort of book you can make into a movie. I know they will do a really good job with CGI, but I just hope they won’t ruin it.

• Me Sa U Sa says:

I never heard of those. Anyway. sounds cute.

• fnafa4ever says:

I think I owned just about every Berenstein Bears book that was made when I was younger. They are awesome. I even met the authors when I was in 5th grade. This is very exciting!

• aravistarkheena says:

I SO remember reading those when I was little!

• ernesto torres chรกvez says:

eso que leei no es de narnia pero bueno bye

• NarniaLuver4Ever says:

Awww! Yay, I loved the Berenstain Bears when I was little. They were my favorite books to read until I got hooked on Nancy Drew! LOL

• Princess Arya says:

Cute! I used to love those.

• Peepicheep says:

Adorable! I like those too!

• Lucy Took says:

Berenstain Bears…live action…interesting. Somehow the two don’t seem to fit.

But they are nice books…

• Lady Polly says:

i used to read the berenstain bears when i was little

• Fire Fairy says:

I still read them to my little sisters. ๐Ÿ˜€ My two-and-a-half year-old sister knows "The Bike Lesson" and "The Spooky Old Tree" by heart, even though she can’t read!! She’ll "read" it to you because she’s memorized parts of the words from each page. I really hope they don’t ruin it. (Visions of Scooby Doo and Garfield come to my head…). I’d really prefer it if they kept to the drawn animations, but that’s just me. Even Winnie the Pooh was ruined by CGI.

• NarniaLuver4Ever says:

Oh my gosh, that is too cute about your little sister! Before my little brother got too old and could read for himself (he’s 8 now), we would do the same thing, and he would memorize his favorite books and "read" them to us too!

that sounds so cool! i LOVED those books when i was little. Go Walden!!!

• Liberty Hoffman says:

oh, fun!!!!!
    I used to read those books when I was little, now I shall have to go back and read them again! ๐Ÿ™‚