Interview with Morgan Keavney-Rattue, Stand-In for Eustace

Posted January 19, 2010 11:27 am by fantasia_kitty

Morgan Keavney-Rattue, the stand-in for Eustace

NarniaWebber icarus ran across a really interesting interview with Morgan Keavney-Rattue who is the stand-in for Eustace on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. We first reported on Morgan back in early December when he did an interview for The Weekender.

This particular interview with Noosa radio in Australia is really good if you want to know exactly what a stand-in does. There was a lot of confusion as to exactly what a stand-in does when we posted the story on Zak Morcillo who is apparently the stand-in for Peter.

You can listen to the interview on Noosa’s website here (currently the third story down) or you can click on the podcast link below.

Download Podcast | Open Player in New Window

Thanks to icarus for the heads-up!

• Lutra's Pearl says:

NNEEEEWWWWWWSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was about to die! Keep the story of Aslan alive!

"He’s a snobby kid, but he’s real smart."
    That sounds great! When I read the VoDT book last summer (for the umpteenth time), I was struck by Eustace’s knowledge after he became nice. I’m glad they’re going to get that right in the movie. But did they say he turns nice AT the end, or BY the end? I’d have to listen again to find out, and I don’t feel like it. ๐Ÿ™‚

• campgirl says:

Nice! Really interesting. Oh man, I loooovveee the accent!! Like his first name, too. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Same as mine! lol

• *m.e.y.* says:

That’s my name, too.

I like his description of Eustace as a character.

• Lover of Narnia says:

This is quite cool!!! He sounds nice and it’s a cool statement he made about eustace. That kinda seems to sum him up. I’m so glad there is news!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ VOTD ISN"T COMING FAST ENOUGH!!

Sail on Dawn treader!

• Narniamiss says:

"Until the end of the movie, where he is nice." That pretty much confirms that Eustace’s transformation may not be until the near end. Which I’m not very happy about, but I guess I can only hope they just don’t rush it. But the way he described Eustace sounds perfect, and makes me all the more excited to see the movie. ๐Ÿ˜€ Oh, and he has a really cool accent. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Sweet as candy says:

Cool kid! ๐Ÿ˜€ Love the accent too ๐Ÿ˜‰ Would be fun to have his job… *sight*

• AndreyaofNarnia says:

Coolio!! Yeah I like his accent. Scary thing is he looks EXACTLY like a kid I know in P.E. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I’m really glad that he’s wanting to do good in school so if acting doesn’t work he has another option. That’s a very wise decision!! ๐Ÿ˜€

*gasp!* maybe he is the kid! know anyone named Morgan? lol jk i would find it really wierd too if someone i knew looked just like an actor. i once had a teacher that looked just like Megan Fox ๐Ÿ˜€

• Tarwe, the Narnian Elf says:

Hey, I know a girl who looks a lot like Anna Popplewell! Then, one time when my family was in a restaurant, we saw a guy who could have been Elijah Wood’s twin brother who was talking to a guy who resembled Orlando Bloom! Now isn’t that wild!?

Sail on, Dawn Treader!

• NarniaHannahโ™ฅ(used to be celtic13 and LucyReepicheep4โ™ฅ) says:

Tarwe, the Narnian Elf: are you SURE it WASN’T Elijah Wood and Orlando Bloom? ๐Ÿ˜‰ wouldn’t it be sweet if it was actually? ๐Ÿ˜€
        In a restraunt, our waitor looked a lot like the guy who plays Riley in National Treasure. ๐Ÿ™‚ He didn’t sound like him though.

• Tarwe, the Narnian Elf says:

NarniaHannah: I was considering asking them for their autographs! Rats! If it was them, I missed my big chance! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• NarnianElf says:

Guess what!! I know 2 guys that look identical to William Mosely ๐Ÿ˜€

• skandargirl_95 says:

hmm…
        I had a boyfriend who looked like Skandar Keynes…
        except, he moved to another country…so, I almost had my fantasy come true…I had to wake up when he moved…)-;

• โ™ฅLizard headโ™ฅ says:

SCARY!!!!!!

• Liberty Hoffman says:

I know a kid who looks just like Skandar!

• Narnia Girl says:

Sounds cool! Love his accent.

lol i wish i was living over in their area so i can hear everyone with that accent i would love that ๐Ÿ˜€

• iLiveInNarnia says:

YAY NEWS!!!!!! I have yet to listen to the podcast.. im sure it’s good. :))))

• emma says:

haha i remember him – he smiled at me a few times on set *blushes* lol

• Nuts4Narnia says:

YAAAAAA!!!!! News!!!! Keep it coming!!!

• NextJillPole says:

Anyone else sick of hearing that he has a good/cool accent? Any takers?

• ellz_bellz says:

Australian don’t have accents… Everyone else does! ๐Ÿ˜€

• coracle says:

Actually his accent is rather unusual – he speaks slowly, with a rather polished edge to his voice. My guess is he’s had speech and drama lessons. The usually strong Australian vowels are much lighter. Unless he isn’t Aussie-born?

• ellz_bellz says:

Hmm, maybe its just a Sunshine Coast/Queensland thing, because his accent is exactly the same as mine! And we’re from the same area But maybe its also a speech-and-drama thing. He actually sounds a bit Kiwi, ahem, New Zealandish.

• me says:

no need to be jelous just because you don’t have an awsoem accent like me.

• Tarkheen Princess says:

He looks great for Euestace’s stand in. Hope more, interestinger news comes real soon! Long live Narnia! ๐Ÿ™‚

• McGunn says:

I think he looks a lot like William (Eustace)- well done. Haven’t listened to the audio yet, look forward to hearing the famous accent;)

• Tarkheen Princess says:

Say, How did some of you guys get a picture for yourself to go with your name?

• [wrath] says:

Haha I think me and him would get along if we met – I like his shirt and he’s drinking a coke in the pic! (The coke just says it all!)
    Hmmm… his description of Eustace was quite good!

• ellz_bellz says:

Hahahaha. I’ve met him ๐Ÿ™‚
    I’m loving how everyone is admiring the Aussie accent, makes me proud!

• emma says:

i had a dream about him last night – weird as that may sound lol and we were eating spaghetti and throwing it at each other

• ...what? says:

me too. mmmm…

Lol! Aren’t dreams funny? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Empress of the Lone Islands says:

Hahaha!! That sounds like a really funny dream Emma! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Ramandu's Daughter says:

Haha! Yeah I often have really weird dreams like that too ๐Ÿ™‚

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

haha….that’s funny. I’ve had wierd dreams, too. I had a dream once that I was at a theater and Will Moseley & Skandar Keynes were there talking to all the people in the audience about their movie experience in Prince Caspian….it was strange….lol

• NarnianElf says:

I had a dream that William, Anna, Skandar, and Georgie came to my house and I was shooting rubber bands at them (lol) then Skandar said that I was really weird and I started crying. I was pretty happy to wake up!!

• MurtaghLuv says:

Dreams can be very interesting. I once dreamed that they were filming dawn treader in the US, which they aren’t it was kinda confusing.

• Tarkheen Princess says:

Pff!. . .That’s funny to think about. . .:D

• Narniangirl says:

I wonder how tall Skandar Keynes and Will Poulter are now… Morgan there looks pretty tall

• skandyfan says:

I read, that Skandar is 5ยด8 feet. But I do not know how tall Will Poulter is.

• Tarkheen Princess says:

Okay, 5 ft. isn’t that tall, but, 8 FT.! Wow. I wonder if that’s true. Where did you read that?

• Tarkheen Princess says:

I like your name by the Skandyfan. My name used to Ed’sgirl. Thinking about changing it back. . .

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

haha….I think skandyfan meant to say he is 5’8". That’s my guess….lol

• MurtaghLuv says:

morgan does look pretty tall. And Georgie isn’t that much shorter than Skandar. and will is about her height. I think.

• Danyelle says:

he does look really tall. William p has probaly grown alot.

• Tarkheen Princess says:

I believe they ARE quite tall. . . .Can’t wait to see. . . Every time I think about VDT coming to theaters, I get this big excited felling. . .!

And yeah, Morgan does look tall. Maybe taller then Will Poulter!

• ernesto says:

que chido la informacion gracias por la informacion de ustedes y que sea muy padre el posted de la trabesia del viajero de Alba bye

• Brooke says:

I LLLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEEE it!

• Lucille Brown says:

hmm…I haven’t heard the podcast yet but I love Australian accents and English accents. Nice to see he looks like Will P. sorta of.

• narnia fan 7 says:

vary interesting sounds like thay gut Eustace’s as a character 322 day’s to go Further up Further in!!!!

• MurtaghLuv says:

WOW that accent was crazy I loved it.
    Apparently Eustace is now 14 rather than 9, but that is understandable because thay have to make him look a year younger than lucy, and well Georgie Henley grew a bit faster then I think they wanted. But that is so cool. Man they really found someone who looks like Will I mean I frist thought it was W.P. it surpised me when I read that it wasn’t.

• narnianheart says:

WOW!! That is really cool! it sounds like he is the perfect stand-in!
    Cool!

• Lillyput90 says:

It’s soooo funny how all of you love his accent! It’s definately Australian not NZish and believe me, I know! If you’ve ever seen the Disney Channel show "As the Bell Rings" you’ll hear the same accent:). I personally don’t really like Aussie accents, but each to his (her) own:). It’s sounds like he got one of the greatest jobs in the world aye, for all of the Tolkien fans living in NZ, I read on TORn (theonering.net) that there will be casting calls for extras for the Peter Jackson/Guiellermo Del Toro upcoming movie "THE HOBBIT" due to start filming in March/April this year:)

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

That is so sweet! ๐Ÿ˜€ I can’t believe that they are actually making "the Hobbit"! ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ can’t wait for that movie either….lol

• NarnianElf says:

I LOVE LORD OF THE RINGS!! It is my second favorite movie series! I am soo excited!!!

• Tarkheen Princess says:

Man, besides VDT, I can’t wait till that movie comes out too! I hope they do a great job at it as they did to the LOTR trilogy. I wonder if James McAvoy really is going to be Bilbo Baggins. . . .We’ll just have to wait and see, won’t we.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

He’s denied that rumor several times. He said they have never talked to him about it at all. It would have been cool though.

• Anna's Sister says:

Dude, this kid just called it soccer. I thought they called it football in Australia.

• emma says:

we call it both

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Yeah, mostly it’s Latin American countries that call it football. English/Australian "soccer" is called soccer and their version of American football is called rugby.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Anna’s sister, are you really Anna Popplewell’s sister? Because if you are, your name is Lulu. I don’t mean to intrude, but Anna only has one sister, and her name is Lulu.

• Lucy says:

I can’t belive that the Voyage of the Dawn Treader is coming out this year but I’m sad that it’s coming in December but I can’t wait to see it in the movie theater! :0 ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

• K. J. Hill says:

Wow! Great interview!

• -queenSUSAN- says:

He sounds like he has a New Zealand accent…but then, what would I know? I’m American. XD