Narnia.com Returns

Posted February 3, 2010 12:25 pm by Glumpuddle

The official Narnia website, Narnia.com, is online for the first time since Disney took it down over nine months ago. There is not much to see yet (just The Voyage of the Dawn Treader logo, and a link to the Facebook page), but, in the words of Fantasia_Kitty, “Still, it’s SOMETHING.” Fox will probably put up something more elaborate as we get closer to the release.

Post-production continues in London, but we have been experiencing a bit of a news drought since filming wrapped. Perhaps the return of the official site is a signal that updates are soon to come. Keep checking back as the countdown to the release of the first footage continues! (In the meantime, running your mouse over the logo is pretty fun. Try it.)

Visit the ForumHave a comment or want to chime in on this news story? Check out the NarniaWeb Forum for some fantastic discussion. Just click here to post your comments. We look forward to seeing you on the forum! Here’s a quick preview of the forum discussion:

No Items Available

Unfortunately there appears to be no news items on the page you have requested logged here

• Shy Galadriel says:

Yay! We get to see the logo!

• narnialover101 says:

I kind of like it; it’s simple. Wish there was a bit more, but I guess we’ll have to wait. 😛

Fans need to be fed footage every now and then. I’m famished!

• 220chrisTian says:

Nice news for a newsposter like me. 😉 But I still don’t care that much about movie news, even though I really want VDT to succeed, especially regarding its Christian themes. I’m not ‘famished’ for VDT news. I’ve been too famished in the past for anything Narnia-related and it hurt me spiritually. :(( I’m learning to be ‘famished’/hungry for God. 😀

Very true indeed. We should be more "famished" for God than for Narnia.
        But it’s still fun to get news. 🙂

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Definitely. God should always be our number one priority. Although you usually think of video games, emails, television, or reading magazines as things that take up time that you could spend with God, even Narnia could be included on that list. It’s definitely something that’s been on my list as a time-consumer!

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I just wanted to say I agree with you! We need more Christ in everything! I do wish that the allegorical aspect was incorporated more! I am at least glad that it is somewhat unavoidable in the story!

• Aravis and Hwin says:

I agree totally that God should be first in everything! But getting news is fun. 🙂

• narniafan4ever ♥ says:

I agree! We need to be careful that Narnia Web doesn’t become a distraction to our walk with God. It is very easy (from personal experience) to spend too much time on this website…haha. But, yay for Narnia! 🙂 I like the logo! 😀 )

• 220chrisTian says:

Lol, everybody! Thanks for the responses! 😀 Anyway, I just wanted to say that I’m more interested in the Narnia cast and crew–i.e. their personal lives, salvation–than movie news. But if God uses VDT [book/movie] to wake them up, I’m all for it! I don’t wanna limit God! 😀

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

Wow, 220chrisTian, I’m tempted sometimes to think I’m the only one praying for the cast and crew. It’s great to know there’s a fellow pray-er out there, who’s lifting up these dear people too!! You are so right, we all need to depend on God, and realize He’s not just some crutch that weak people lean on– He really cares and He’s right here with us!– rather than depend on a movie. I SO hope people see God through all of this. Thanks for keeping the perspective straight!

• NarniaFreak says:

Way 2 go 220chrisTian!! You made my day. 🙂

• NarnianElf says:

I just knowing that there are other people out there who really love God. Sometimes, when I’m on the internet, it seems like God is gone from everything. I am really thankful that there are other people out there who love God and want to do everything they can to live for him.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Wow! Amazing how one comment can reveal so many Christians on NarniaWeb! I love it!

And you hit the nail on the head, 220chrisTian! I went through a sort of Narnia-is-my-god phase too (sadly enough, because I AM a Christian). All I did was talk, sleep (yes, I did have a Narnia dream that was pretty cool), breathe, read, watch, and think Narnia. People would be like "yeah, she’s a NarniaNut", but it really hit home when my dad said that I was going overboard. (He wasn’t harsh or anything and it’s not like he only tolerates Narnia, but it was a hint that I got.) From then on, I purposely cut down my obsession (and guess what? my walk with God wasn’t so dead anymore!). I still love Narnia, don’t get me wrong, but I have a boundary now to keep me from going loco about it again.

And, hey! I pray for the actors too! Like you, [ForNarniaandForAslan], sometimes I did wonder if anyone else did as well, but right here is the evidence I need! Praise the Lord!

Well, God bless all of you as you strive to become closer to Him!

• narniafan4ever ♥ says:

@(for narnia and for aslan)

I agree completely! And I want to add to your thought….yes, God is there to help, but only because there is no way we would be able to get through this life peacefully and with a purpose on our own without him! There is so much going on today that we need God’s protection from! Satan is stronger than us (if we are by ourselves) but with God, we are victorious! 😀

Sail on, Dawn Treader! And it is encouraging to meet soo many Christians here on Narnia Web! 🙂 God bless!

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

Amen y’all, this is great! We should totally start a thread or whatever about praying for them. (I don’t know how to do that.) =D

• narnian1 says:

With the exception of the capital "T" in the second "The" I like the logo. That "T" is going to be bother me to no end if they don’t fix it.

• narnialover101 says:

All the letters in the second "the" are capitalized, not just the "T."

• Reepicheep775 says:

Oh yeah. I guess that debate can finally go to rest. 😉

Even though it’s not very new, it’s still nice to have a reminder that the movie is actually being made.

• narnian1 says:

good point, all letters in title are capitalized there.
        The problem lies in it being the same size as the name, if should be slightly smaller like "OF"

• 220chrisTian says:

@narnian1: I was about to agree with narnialover 101. But I now disagree with both of you. I see now that the T in the 2nd "the" IS capitalized. And it SHOULD be. This is standard procedure in print. "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader." For titles, the first word after a colon should always be capitalized, even if it’s an article [a, an, the]. // @narnialover101: Initially, it all looks like caps, but it isn’t. They’ve made the initial letter for capitalized words higher. The "o" and "t" in both "of"s and the final "the" do NOT have initial higher letters.

• narnian1 says:

I didn’t mean the second "the" in general" I meant the final one, it escaped me that there were three. sorry.

It’s the third "The" that is bothering me,
        with what I explained in my second comment.

• 220chrisTian says:

@narnian1: The 3rd "the" may not be as small as the 2nd "of" [before it], but if you look closely, it still isn’t capitalized–not like the other words. 😉

• narnian1 says:

yeah I noticed that. it does make me a little less anxious about it 🙂

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Guys, really! Does it really matter whether the "T" in the second "the" is capitalized? I know that Narniawebbers like to notice small details and correct them or comment on them, as I do, but isn’t that just a little too miniscule?

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

Hey, guys– how do you put a profile pic on your avatar? I’m either just completely missing something obvious or else it’s complicated.

• narnian1 says:

gravatar.com is the place to go.

• starkat says:

Classy logo. I like this one quite a bit. It is a nice addition to the previous flat logos that don’t have much of a depth to them.

• AncientEgyptFan says:

I think the Logo looks great! It has some cool shading on it! I think it looks very "Narnian"!

I visited "narnia.com" and I think the "sparkles" that come off your mouse are really cool!

• Mark Sommer says:

Did you check out what the logo does when you run your mouse over it? –Well, we have to get excited about something, don’t we? 🙂

• Caleb says:

This could be taken as a hint that there will be a trailer/spot shortly.

• 220chrisTian says:

@Ancient / Mark: really cool, isn’t it? 😀

• narnia365 says:

Wow, this is something. And, it’s very new. I typed in ‘narnia.com’ a couple of days ago, just to see if the site was there, and the Disney site came up with an error page. At least Walden and Fox were able to get the URL link from Disney!

• fantasia_kitty says:

Narnia.com is owned by the C.S. Lewis Estate actually. They can give it to whomever they wish. You’ll notice in between movies, it tends to link back to HarperCollins’ page for the books.

• narniamaniac says:

Oh, cool!!! I am soooooo excited!!!! i am shaking with excitement (well, not really, but I’m mega excited all the same!!!!) 🙂 🙂 😀 😀 :0 :0 :I

• icarus says:

One rather interesting point of note on the website, something which i have only seen used only once in relation to VDT so far – and that is the use of the production company name "Selkie Productions LLC". This was the production company set up for Walden Media’s filming on "Nim’s Island" in Australia, and was named after the sea-lion character in the movie called "Selkie". The only other time i have seen it used in relation to Narnia was on the website of a set designer, though i assumed at the time it must of been an error – evidently not though, i shall have to investigate that one further. 🙂 For the record, the other production company names i’ve seen used have been "Dragon’s Prow Pty Ltd", "Invisible Army LLC", "Purple Sail Ltd", "Lone Island Productions" and "Invisible Island Productions"

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Maybe one of those names that you mentioned is the title under which VotDT was filmed. Like how PC was filmed in Slovenia, New Zealand, the Czech Republic, and Poland as "Toastie." Or how LWW was filmed under the pseudonym "The Hundred Year Winter."

• Luis says:

this is so awsome narnia vdt is closer every day!!!!!!!!!!! oyeah!!!!!!!! the logo is awsome

• 7chronicles says:

Finally some news!!!!!! I’ll take anything right now! Hopefuly they will update it soon, maybe with some videos!

• LL says:

Praise the Lord!

• Malfhok says:

Hooray!

Is the Narnia logo shaded differently now? It looks different for some reason.

• AJAiken says:

Weirdly, when I type in http://www.narnia.com or right-click the link above I get the HarperCollins website; however when I just type in narnia.com I manage to get the right page.

• Silver the Wanderer says:

*runs mouse over logo* Oooh shiny!!! 😛

• NarniaLuver4Ever says:

I know! When they were like "there’s not much to see.." I was a little disappointed until I went to the site, and spent the next ten minutes dragging my mouse around the page to make sparkly patterns! lol

• Anna's Sister says:

We’re all turning into Mary Sues!! 🙂

You’re right! That’s so cool! It makes it seem so magical, and it makes me want to see the movie more.

(By the way, what’s a Mary Sue?)

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

I don’t know the official definition of "Mary Sue", but it’s something along the line of anonymously liking a guy actor/character. In stories like fan-fictions, you basically write a character that stands for you and your character and the one you like fall in love and all the disgusting jazz.
        The guy version of "Mary Sue" is "Gary Stu".

• AndreyaofNarnia says:

Pretty cool! I’m glad it’s very much like the other two Narnia movies’ logos. Can’t wait for a trailer…as always! 🙂

• Teddy C says:

You’re actually discussing and debating the logo. Good grief. "ooo, I love the second ‘R’ from the end but I think it should be slightly smaller then the third ‘R’ from the beginning. I cant relax until it is. Im going to go sit in a glumpuddle and wait until the movie comes out."

• CaspianThePrince says:

OHMYGOD. My cursor sparklers.

• martin the warrior says:

GOSH!!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Could you please not use God’s name that way? Even if it doesn’t seem like a big deal to you, please remember that there are Christians (including myself) on this site. Please be considerate of us.

• Caspian says:

;D….SPARKLES!!!! You know you’ve gone mad from waiting for VDT to come out when you spend five minutes running your cursor over the logo to see the sparkles over and over and over and over and over and over and over again….;D

Let’s hope the trailer’s out soon. I don’t think I can wait much more.

• martin the warrior says:

it kinda looks like it is coming out of the screen! il like the gold around narnia, but the back round should be somthing like a pic of the dawn treader in the ocean, or a picture of king caspian, king edmund queen lucy, and eustace. but other then that its very awesome.

• aslan's child says:

coool.take that disney.i HATE DISNEY for droping the best movie ever.i just hope is ten times better so they regret it.those losers.but anyways is really cool rthat is back.cant wait to see pictures of the cast on it!!!!

• Lucille Brown says:

Well, I guess it it something.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I wondered what had happened to it! I had gotten the site from the back of my Narnia book, but I could never find it! Glad it is back up!!!

• iLiveInNarnia says:

At least we have News. Like gpuddle said, every fan needs to be fed. (hopes and prays for trailer soon :])

• narnianprofessor says:

Hahaha, I just spend 10 minutes playing with the sparkles. 🙂

• Bother Eustace says:

Dude, this is awesome! I know it’s basically nothing, but something about seeing that site really really makes me excited! Shuh-weet!

• NarniaLuver4Ever says:

Me too!! lol My sister thought I was crazy when I was freaking out showing her. She was like "That’s it?" And I was like, "But it SPARKLES!!" 😀

• iGreg says:

The sparkling is one of the better graphics I have seen on the internet. Nicely done. It fits with the spiritual fantasy nature of the Narnia stories.

• Tarkheen Princess says:

Awesome. . .Is that the official logo? It looks COOL!. 😀

omg i just love the narnia logo! all 3 of them so far have been so awesome!

haha if you notice there’s a little gleam along the big R in Narnia that shines ever so often. pretty! 😀

• Kelila says:

*wastes loads of time making sparkly trails all over her screen* IT’S SO PRETTYYYYYYYY @_@

• adamie says:

I cannot ait for the first poster

• narniamaniac says:

AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Narnia!!!!!! hop scream jump on the bed!! oops- broken bed- yayyyy!!!! narnia!!!!!!!

• Lady Galadriel says:

I love it! The sparkling gives off a magical effect, which is more in the book’s personality. But I’m not as preoccupied with the sparkles as I am with watching the logo appear over and over again. 😀

• Glenstorm the Great says:

I love the new logo, I just don’t like the sparkles on the website…I think I’m traumatized from the Prince Caspian DVD Cover 😛

• lucy says:

Ooooh! The logo is sooooooooo pretty! it made my day! (goodness, if I get this excited over the logo, I don’t want to be around me when the trailer finally comes out. Wait…does that even make sense?!!!)

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

that totally makes sense, lucy. I’m there myself. Was there with PC’s trailer(s) as well. CAN’T WAIT!!!! I and my three younger siblings are on the edge of our seats constantly, waiting for it to come!!!

• Lucy says:

Hey you have the same name as I do! 🙁 🙂 :O :0 :p

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Yeah, I wouldn’t want to be around myself either. I loved the logo and my siblings weren’t impressed at all! They wondered what I was enraptured by. Then my younger brother finally figured out that the movie was coming out in December and he was like, "Poor you- you have to wait until December for Voyage of the Dawn Treader! I could never wait that long!" Truth is, I can’t wait that long, but I HAVE to! *sniffles and pouts* Oh well, hope that the trailer comes out soon!

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

WHOA-NESS!!! Just visited the site after reading all you guys’ crazy comments and spent a few minutes "sparkling", myself! =D I especially love how the words look like they’re made of red velvet and wood. =D Isn’t it beautiful?

• Lucy says:

I WANT A TRAILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    NOW!!!!!!!!!!! 😮

• NarnianElf says:

How do you do the little face? I think their kinda funny 😀 The only one I know is the one I just did ( 😀 ) but how do you do the other ones?

I don’t know how to make the round mouth, but I know how to make a 🙂 (colon and parenthesis) and 😛 (colon and capital P ) and a 😉 (semi-colon and parenthesis)

😀 😀 😀

• Lucy says:

What I do is I do the two dots I don’t know what it’s called but anyway I do the two dots and a o hope you will try it 😮

• Lucy says:

why don’t you guys give Pirates of the caribbean online a try maybe you will like it and maybe not! 🙂

• NarnianElf says:

This is soooo AWESOME…. I am breathlessly awaiting the arrival of the Dawn Treader!!

• greenbird37 says:

This is good news…something is better than nothing!

• Lucy says:

You all guys should all wathc the BBC Narnia!

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

YYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!
    i rilly lik how it showz the sparkelz on the mouse!!! GETING MOR FIDJETY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• fantasia_kitty says:

Locking Comments since most new ones have nothing to do with the new website. If you wish to continue discussing the site, you can do so on the forum. 🙂

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry