‘Dawn Treader’ Sneak Peek at Biola Media Conference

Posted March 18, 2010 2:34 pm by fantasia_kitty

From the Biona Media Conference website:

The next film in The Chronicles of Narnia series, The Voyage Of The Dawn Treader, will make its West Coast debut when the president of Walden Media, Micheal Flaherty, unveils clips from the upcoming film at the Biola Media Conference on Saturday, May 1, 2010 at CBS Studios in Studio City, CA.

“We are beyond thrilled to have Micheal Flaherty give us an advance look at Voyage of the Dawn Treader, noted Jack Hafer, producer of the award-winning film “To End All Wars” and Chair of Biola University’s nationally acclaimed Cinema and Media Arts program. “As the co-founder and president of Walden Media, he has a unique and visionary perspective on the latest installment of this extraordinary franchise. And for anyone who’s a Narnia fan, this is a not-to-be-missed event.”

The Biola Media Conference, sponsored by Biola University and part of the FrontGate Media group, attracts over 600 attendees – making it the largest event in the country for people of faith working in the entertainment industry. It is known for its intimate and practical conversations with leading Hollywood professionals, with industry training and instruction from some of the most influential individuals in Film, TV, PR, Media Marketing, Management and Digital Media. Conference topics cover every aspect of media related careers, technologies, and ministries from the creative, to the financial, to the production process.

The Biola Media Conference has extended the early DISCOUNTED rate. Take advantage of the Early Admission price of $135 until March 26; $150 General Admission from March 27 – April 27; and $180 at the door. For more information or to register online, visit www.biolamedia.com.

You can read the whole story here. And obviously, if you’re able to attend, we’d LOVE to receive a spy report from you!

• The Archenlander says:

so that prolly means that a trailer wont be out till after that doesnt it? i hope a trailer comes out soon. but it usually isnt until 5 or 6 months before the movies comes out. so that leaves us some time. ugh i want a trailer now.

• Movie Aristotle says:

Archenlander took the words out of my mouth. We probably won’t get any video of any kind until after May 1. It is a shame I can’t go.

• Gymfan15 says:

May 1st is just about around the time we were expecting a trailer anyway (late April, early May), so I’m not exactly surprised. I had hoped it would be out earlier, but hey, at least we have a tentative-ish date!

Although, remember that this could be previewing actual movie clips; the trailer could still could out earlier. But still, I’d say May 1st is a safe bet.

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

I’m geussing the trailer will be out in June or July. Probably in July. πŸ™‚

• Silver the Wanderer says:

That’s exactly what I thought πŸ™ But then again, the clips could be completely unrelated to the trailer – like scenes that aren’t from the trailer? (As you can probably tell, I’m really hoping for a trailer sometime in the near future :P)

• Hope in the Lord says:

Oh God help me I can’t wait THAT long for a trailer. When I saw this page I thought perhaps it could finally be here… Why do they have to torture us?

• waggawerewolf27 says:

If HP can release a trailer of Deathly Hallows last Christmas, almost a year before its November release, I’m sure that the clips shown in this conference show there is a trailer to arrive shortly afterwards. I’m looking forward to seeing it.

• Duffleglum says:

June is when they’ll release the 1st trailer.
      I’m very positive, because that’s how it has been before.

• Peter the Magnificant says:

I Thought it was going to be in may, because when i went to see the revenge of the sith it was out then which was in may for LWW

• Malfhok says:

I wouldn’t be surprised if this is the trailer debut!

• Aslan says:

Oh, I despise waiting! I am very eager for the trailer, but I guess it will be a while longer before we see any bit of video from this very anticipated movie.

• narnia fan 7 says:

I hope the trailer comes out soon!

• Shasta says:

Biola is the place I wanna go to when I go to college! And I want to major in the Cinema Media Arts Program! Biola’s amazing! Whoever goes to that conference is in for a treat! πŸ™‚

• always narnian says:

WOW… man I cannot wait until we can see some clips…then again, you can never tell if the movie will be good or bad by comercials! πŸ™‚ Hehe

• TumnusTheBrave says:

YES ive been waiting 4 this *tear*

I want the Dawn Treader clips to be on the internet, not some Biola Media thing! πŸ™ And I don’t want to wait until May for a trailer! Must…have…patience…

But on the bright side, at least something is happening. And it shouldn’t be too long until some movie footage is finally released to the public. πŸ™‚

• 220chrisTian says:

@fantasia_kitty: Paula Parker is a just a ‘go-between,’ a middleman of sorts. The news release is on Biola Media Conference’s website: http://www.biolamedia.com/pr_031710.shtml

• iLiveInNarnia says:

I am thinking that the trailer will come sometime in may.. I sure hope it comes soon! πŸ˜€ I’m thinking sometime in the middle of may or something.. πŸ™‚
    haha

• Valiant Queen says:

There’s an official-looking trailer on Youtube. Should I believe it?

• narnian4life says:

No Valiant Queen you shouldnt…

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Production will make it very well known which is their trailer, and I should hope that it’s obvious (from the official trailer) who and what is actually in the movie and what is put together from the other two Narnia films and other films like Pirates of the Caribbean.

• narnian4life says:

It is a horrid wait for the trailer…

• Aslan's my homeboy says:

Man I live on the west coast but not in California I wish it would come in July I will be down there then but no :/

• Peter the Magnificant says:

Great that’s more good news keep it coming GO NARNIA

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Does it seem that the Christian groups are being targeted more for this film than Prince Caspian. It looks like they are going to really try to get the Christian fanbase really hyped up for this one! I’d say it’s a good move.

• Hermitess of Narnia says:

Yeah, like they were for The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. But since I can’t go, the best thing I can do is wait and pray. It WILL get here eventually. Hopefully the message in it has remained intact.

• GlimGlum says:

Glad something will be happening by then. πŸ™‚

Sail on VDT!

yay something interesting is happening. that alone just makes me happy, now where is that trailer?

• sirsimon says:

Sounds exciting, but why so long a wait, I am going insane!

• Sweet as candy says:

I’ve promised myself to NOT see any trailer or clip before the movie comes in theaters because I totally spoiled PC with seeing everything I could find. But I guess it’ll be hard… :s

AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! I WANNA GO! I WANNA GO! I WANNA GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! WISH I COULD GO!!!!!!!!!

*random fan note: the showing ends on WILLIAM MOSELEY’S birthday <3

• ernesto says:

muy bien pero el estreno es el dia 7 de mayo esperamo zaz

• Liberty Hoffman says:

oh, I wish I could go! it sounds awesome!!!!!

• NarniaNerd says:

I live in CA, but I couldn’t afford it! :'( *cries*

• Servant of Aslan says:

Still hoping for a May release for the trailer. I remember seeing the first trailer for LWW in May 2005 when I went to the theater to see Revenge of the Sith.

• NarnianElf says:

Does this mean that we’ll get a trailer in May? That would be a dream come true.

• Cynthia says:

I seriously want a trailer to come out! Why is it that other sequels come out so close together but Narnia movies are 2 years apart?!? It’s because the movies are good quality. But a trailer seriously needs to be released like now

• fanofnarnia says:

From the Narnia movie archives:

The LWW teaser trailer debuted at this conference in April 2005, and was released online a week or two after that.

• The Batman says:

Thanks fanofnarnia! I guess we can expect that nothing will be released before May 1st, then. Only 41 days… πŸ™‚

• Eilonwy says:

This is very good news, and probably indicative of the move to Fox. I don’t know if anyone remembers the bootlegged trailer of LWW taken at the BMC, but that one leak had huge ramifications; as the host, Biola had to take the fall for it. I can only hope the same does not happen this time (if only all fans were as nice as those on this site), because what the BMC does to support Christian professionals in the industry is unprecedented. We need it continue.

• Mike says:

I remember that bootleg trailer very well. The camera work wasn’t that bad, haha. I downloaded it right away and kept it on my hard drive until the "real" version was posted online.

• Jill Pole says:

Oh i am just too excited! I can honestly say that I’m like a stalker when it comes to looking for the trailer! I look for it day after day =)

• true-narnian_queen says:

i want to go soooooo bad!! give us some clips to look at!!

• Omac the centaur says:

just 262 days, 13 hours, 2 minutes, and counting!!!!! πŸ™‚

• the4signs[repeat] says:

I hope the movie has a lovely bright color grading. I’d like to see the trailer to find out how they’ve done it. My life seems to go so fast it’ll probably be out before I know it!

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

haha! Agreed! Time is flying really fast! I can’t believe it is March 22 already! πŸ™ Ah! haha πŸ˜‰

• NarnianElf says:

Oh goodness, me too! I saw a picture of me 3 years ago the other day, and it seems like that picture was taken yesterday!! I almost went into shock because I was soo little πŸ˜€

• NarnianElf says:

I meant that I saw the picture that was taken 3 years ago. Kinda left out a few words. Oops πŸ˜€

• Omac the centaur says:

I envy you πŸ˜‰ mine seems two be going pretty slow πŸ™

• Omac the centaur says:

random fan question: do they have lasagna in narnia?

• Kris says:

CAN’T WAIT!!!

• Omac the centaur says:

does any one no if there are any talking snakes in narnia?(besides the witch in the silver chair). that would be soooo cool πŸ˜€

C. S. Lewis didn’t put any talking snakes in Narnia, but that doesn’t mean they aren’t there. I think it would be cool too. πŸ™‚ I like snakes, and I wish they weren’t so misunderstood.

• Omac the centaur says:

good πŸ˜€ I’m glad I’m not the only one:D

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

Well, the snake wuz cursed in the garden of eden….so I guess that it isn’t something we are supposed to be attracted to in the first place….lol. Idk…some people like them….i think that they can have pretty scales! But, they are too slippery and crafty for me….lol πŸ™‚

Yeah, I know the snake was cursed to go on its belly, but that doesn’t mean snakes are evil. I think God just did that to remind us what happened in the Garden of Eden. But snakes are still a wonderful part of God’s creation, and I happen to like them a lot. πŸ™‚
        Even though I don’t like it when they kill other animals. πŸ™ I look forward to Heaven when they won’t have to kill any more.

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

Haha…no, I didn’t mean that they are evil…lol. Yes, they are beautiful creature in God’s creation…that’s shy I said that they have pretty scales. πŸ™‚

• Omac the centaur says:

yeah my favorite animals and narnia dont seem to go over so well. another is monkey, the lead bad guy in The Last Battle. πŸ™

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

Aw! πŸ™ poor you….lol πŸ™‚

• Sir Marshall Longsword says:

I like snakes. There’s no feeling quite like the sensation of holding a snake. their scales are somehow soft, allowing you to feel the pure solid muscle beneath. snakes are actually worshipped in some cultures because they keep vermin out of crops. They were punished in Eden, but their punishment has been delivered. No need to keep whaling on them. Other people may feel differently, though.

• Casue till the end says:

My favorite animal in the Great Grey Owl. even though owls are in the Silver chair, i think they are the smartest creatures in the world. soooo beautiful too.

• Omac the centaur says:

yeah owls are cool.

• narniamaniac says:

I agree Starlily. And I don’t mean to bring up any sort of arguments.

I can’t wait for the trailer sooooooo much! All this news is just making me even more jumpy and and excited!

• Sir Marshall Longsword says:

How do you guys get pictures as your icons?

• any... anony..... NONYA says:

ummmm……. wat on earth [or Narnia] did that say?????!!!!!
    its l8 @ the moment and i hav NO brain 4 "politiccy," finacial, or wat ever kind of talk that was!!! …….. i didnt catch ANYTHING about a trailer…… i didnt even catch the d8 the 1st time i red it, but i kinda scanned it so……

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY HOPE THIS MEANS TRAILERS ARE COMING OUT SOON! AM DYING TO SEE THEM!!!!!!!!!

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

I’m just wondering if the sneek peeks will be on narniaweb too. I sure do hope they will be!!!!! πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€ πŸ™‚ πŸ˜€

• Casue till the end says:

OMG. i hope the trailer comes out soon because i really want to see what Caspian is thinking about Susan. (Note my name). Honestly, i read online that Susen isn’t in the last book but all of her siblings are. No fair. Ramandu’s Daughter(no name) is said to be in the stars with her dad so they should have Susan and Caspian meet in Heaven!! can’t wait to see trailer!!!!

• Casue till the end says:

Ramandu’s daughter has no claim over Caspian’s heart!!!!! LONG LIVE KING CASPIAN AND QUEEN SUSAN!!!!!! I love Ben Barnes!!!!

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry