Dawn Treader Tie-In Books To Look Forward To

Posted March 7, 2010 9:11 am by fantasia_kitty

Amazon.com has listed several new tie-in books that will be released in October 2010 in conjunction with Dawn Treader’s movie release.
Besides several editions of newly released The Chronicles of Narnia boxed sets and The Voyage of the Dawn Treader books and audio tapes, here are a current list of books we have to look forward to.

Inside the Voyage of the Dawn Treader: A Guide to Exploring the Journey beyond Narnia by Devin Brown
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Quest for the Lost Lords (I Can Read Book 2)
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Aboard the Dawn Treader (I Can Read Book 2)

There is no sign yet of a Dawn Treader Official Illustrated Movie Companion.

Thanks to 7chronicles for the heads-up!

• Alex says:

๐Ÿ˜€ I got my Narnia WETA concept art book from the pound shop, it was meant to be 15 pound HAH! ๐Ÿ˜€

• DamselJillPole says:

Awesome, I will be on the look out for those. Can’t wait for the first one!

I want an Illustrated Movie Companion! I didn’t get the one for Prince Caspian, but I want the one for Dawn Treader. I really hope they make one, or I’ll be sad. ๐Ÿ™

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Same here. I love looking at all the pictures, haha. I also hope they make the movie tie-in novels…you know, like VDT the book only with movie cover art and pictures from the movie, etc. I don’t know what you call those ๐Ÿ˜› But I have one for LWW and one for PC, and I want a VDT one too.

Yeah, I got the LWW Illustrated Companion, and it’s so cool! I still look at it sometimes. And for PC it was exciting to go to the bookstores and see the movie tie-in books with pictures and everything. I can’t wait for October!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

I didn’t get either (illustrated companion) till after PC was released in DVD format. I think that there still might be some floating around on Amazon or Ebay. But I can’t wait for an illustrated companion either! I wonder who will write it this time… last time it was "Mr. EM, PR!" ๐Ÿ™‚ Read the companion for LWW (no, I’m not going to tell you either where it is in the book or who "Mr. EM, PR!" is) if you don’t get that. The other one (for LWW) was written by Perry Moore, one of the producers in Walden Media.
      Tie in books! Yippee! I’ll buy them for my younger sister as a birthday or Christmas present!

• Hope in the Lord says:

the movie guide is what I want to see. The tidbits of information on all our favorite characters is always a treat to read.

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

Well, I hope this movie guide is better than PC’s. Because even though the photos in PC were great, the words were cheesy and not even quite accurate to the movie! Course, I know they had to be concise with wording and such, but still… I was just groaning with disgust.
        Don’t get me wrong though… I still devoured it =)

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

sweet! itl be good 2 hav sumthing 2 explain a few more seenz

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

hmm…interesting!

• ChristProclamer says:

Oh, I hope they do another Official Movie Companion! I have both of the ones already produced, and they were well worth my money!

• Lucy Helen Ycul says:

I can’t wait to get my VDT Illustrated Movie Companion!

• 7chronicles says:

I’m so ready to buy VDT stuff, I do hope they have a Illustrated Movie Companion, I’m saving my cash now!

• tenthofthatname says:

Echoing the call for an illustrated movie companion please!

Of course we have to remember that Fox is doing this movie, so it might not be the same as when Disney did it. Or is it Walden that puts out the tie-in books?

• fantasia_kitty says:

It may be Harper Collins, the publishers. I’m not sure. Perry Moore who works for Walden Media wrote the companion for LWW. Ernie Malik who works for the production wrote PC.

• narnia fan 7 says:

I can’t what to a trailer

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

That looks cool! ๐Ÿ™‚ When is the trailer coming out????

• Narnia Girl says:

Whoo!!! Can’t wait! ๐Ÿ˜€ And they MUST make a Movie Companion for VDT…they MUST!
    We need a trailer soon, too…

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Hey, I’m just glad the book wasn’t titled "Quest for the Lost Lord’s Swords".

i am so ordering all three. yes including the I Can Reads

interesting. i didnt know about these books. well, now i do ๐Ÿ™‚

• Christian says:

Yeah, I bought the LWW and PC Companion Guides. Hopefully they make one for VDT, too. I want the full set. lol

• iLiveInNarnia says:

Im looking forward to the illustrated movie companion! MORE SPOILERS! Def keep my eyes open! ๐Ÿ˜€ haha

• Peter the Magnificant says:

Yeah I love the movie companion books it stinks that Peter wont be in there for the cast section though I like reading his he is my favorite character as you can see by the name I have Haha GO NARNIA

• NarnianElf says:

Haha! His chapters in the Movie Companions were great. He is definately one of my favorite ever actors, and characters!

• Narniamiss says:

Even though they are far below my reading level, I am certainly looking forward to them anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• yeswelovenarnia says:

Love Tie-in Books!!!! I love to see the pics:)

• Sir Jack says:

I just can’t wait to read them! why is it so lang till October?.. It’s terrible all this waiting…

• Aravis and Hwin says:

My little sister will love the I Can Read books ๐Ÿ™‚

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Who is Devin Brown? (the author[ess] listed as the author of the "Inside the Voyage of the Dawn Treader: A Guide to Exploring the Journey Beyond Narnia

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Sorry, I forgot to add the other parentheses. Oops! ๐Ÿ™

• ChristProclamer says:

Devin Brown is the author of ‘Inside Narnia’ and ‘Inside Prince Caspian’, which are more in-depth looks at LWW and PC (books, not movies). I own the latter, and it was a very interesting read–I’m looking forward to his thoughts on VoDT. He’s also spoken at several Narnia conferences, etc. and is fairly well known in the Narnian fan universe.

• narniamaniac says:

I got my Prince Caspian Illustrated Movie Companion from a ยฃ1 shop too, though I’d have been just as happy to pay the full price because it’s SO worth it! I can’t wait for the Voyage of the Dawn Treader Movie Companion! I’m definitely buying it when it comes out!

• ernesto says:

y eso que es nada que ver eso de la pelicula

• Hermitess of Narnia says:

Neat, Devin Brown’s other two books were excellent. Prince Caspian’s "I Can Read" books had simply beautiful pictures.

Plus, this means they are targeting a younger audience as well.

• Eilonwy Arwen of Narnia says:

I can’t wait for the movie companion. I have the companion from LWW and the companion from PC, and I’m eager to continue the collection! If they skip the companion on VDT I’m gonna blow.

• NarnianElf says:

Random question: is the "Eilonwy" in your name from the Prydain Chronicles? Those are so me of my favorite books!

• NarnianElf says:

That’s so awesome!! I have both LWW and PC Illustrated Movie Companions, plus coloring books and lots of other little book about PC. I really hope make the Illustrated Movie Companion for VDT. That would be a dream!!

• AncientEgyptFan says:

Neat books to look forward to! I like the cover(picture) of "Inside the Voyage of the Dawn Treader"!

• wolfloversk says:

Yey they have pics now, I’m so excited

• kaymich12 says:

love the covers!!!!

• [ForNarniaAndForAslan] says:

y’all think they’ll come out with posters and more production stills b4 the trailer appears?

• Liberty Hoffman says:

yay! I will probably read all of those! I can’t wait!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Peter the Magnificant says:

Yeah cant wait till movie companion hope its out sooon but they are ussually out after the movie comes out so im wating im saving my cash now at the moment GO NARNIA

• WarriorQueen says:

Have they changed the release date for the movie to October? It says, "…will be released in October 2010 in conjunction with Dawn Treaderโ€™s movie release."

• Nicole says:

is there a LWW Official Illustrated Movie Companion

• ChristianHope says:

I’m taking a narnia pole for the characters. please rate each character and in two days and then I will sum it all up and tell the total number of votes. here are the following characters from the movies (LWW & PC):
    -Aslan (voice)
    -Dr. Cornelius
    -Glenstorm
    -Miraz
    -Ginnabrik
    -Nikabrik
    -Reepacheep (voice)

Please remember that these character combine two movies… take that in mind. the pole will end on Monday, March 22, 2010
    Please Vote! Thanks!

• skandargirlfriend says:

wow it’s so cool.,, i can’t wait till the movie will be released., i’m so exited,. one reason is skandar because he so cool and cute, he is a HOTTIE. love you skandar keep up the acting,..

• NarniaFan#626 says:

Ok guys, i didn’t ger any poles!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Aaaarrrggghhhh!!! please take the pole on comment. I will extend the days to Friday by the end of this week. PLEASE!

• Beruna says:

I don’t think that would work, NF#626. Is it on the forums? THAT’S where it should be, not in the ‘comments’….

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry