Narnia Super Trailer at the Biola Media Conference

Posted May 2, 2010 3:53 pm by Tirian

Micheal Flaherty, President of Walden Media

This weekend Micheal Flaherty was a featured speaker at the Biola Media Conference in Los Angelas, CA and he had the opportunity to present the super-trailer to the audience. From the descriptions that we’ve seen, it seems that this was the same trailer that I and others were shown in February. It’s likely that the many of the rough CGI patches have been cleaned up, but it’s probably not a trailer that will be publicly released until very close to the film’s release. (It may not be released at all and might just be shown on the DVD release.)

Kristi from The Lion’s Call has a full run-down of the footage, but be careful of spoilers as there are quite a few. She relates a funny story about Micheal Flaherty:

He [Micheal] and Biola host Phil Cooke apparently intended to prank us excited audience members who had been waiting all day for a sight of the first trailer. Last night, we were told, Flaherty’s son and daughter appeared in a play of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe at their school, and Flaherty meant to catch them on video and show that as the trailer instead, to give us a shock. Unfortunately, his camera’s battery died and he was forced to relate his brilliant plan instead of actually executing it.

(For the curious, his son played Aslan’s Army #6 and had one line: “Shh! She’s coming.” and his daughter played a unicornโˆง forgot her horn when she went onstage.)

Flaherty also related his experience upon first meeting Douglas Gresham, C.S. Lewis’ stepson, to discuss film rights for The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. When Doug asked him which illustration in the book was his favorite, Flaherty said it was the one of Aslan and the White Witch debating over the fate of Edmund. Doug asserted immediately that this was the worst picture in the series, and that the only person who hated it more than himself, was Jack (It is, from any perspective, a unique illustration. I believe it is the only one that depicts Aslan walking upright.). Flaherty jokingly stated that he (Flaherty) was removed from the proceedings thereafter.

Also of interest, NarniaFans points out a few tweets regarding the event including this one:

Another attendee, Wendy, tells us:

The Conference host made it quite clear that Fox had a presence there with infrared devices capable of catching anyone attempting to record the footage shown (either in still photographs, or video recording).ย  The footage had a “Biola Media Conference” stamp at the bottom of the screen.

And she finishes by writing:

Our overall first impression was extremely positive…if the little we saw is any indication, I think this will be the best movie of the three so far.ย  Dearheart and I both drove the two hours back home with silly geeky grins on our faces!

Thanks to everyone who sent in reports!

UPDATE: Here is another rundown of the footage shown. This was sent in by ‘subjectofthehighking’. Lots and lots of spoilers from this point on. You have been warned!

*The “trailer” starts with a sweeping view of a church with lion gargoyles, 20th century people exiting the doors below. Aslan’s voice speaks in the background about times changing.
*Edmund and Lucy in Eustace’s bedroom. Edmund asks Lucy if she has seen the ship in the picture before. Lucy smiles and says it’s very Narnian.
*Eustace, Edmund, and Lucy in Eustace’s bedroom, with water pouring out of the picture frame and filling the bedroom. They swim in the water and emerge at the surface with the Dawn Treader.
*Edmund and Lucy in Narnian clothes in Caspian’s cabin. Edmund wonders why they have been called to Narnia if there is no war or trouble.
*Lucy walks down the hall to the magician’s book. She opens it as Aslan’s voice speaks in the background. Snow falls as she gazes around in wonder. Another clip of the book includes Lucy looking on the page of the spell of beauty beyond the lot of mortals, and her image in the books morphs into an image of Susan.
*Coriaken unrolls a huge map, his voiceover telling them of the perils ahead. Apparently, the writers have combined some of the episodes in the book to create a goal to defeat the “darkness” that threatens Narnia. It seems that they have to land on the dark island and follow a “blue star” to Ramandu’s island.
*Footage of Gael and Lucy. Gael says to Lucy in a ship’s cabin, “When I grow up, I want to be just like you.” Lucy replies by putting her arm around Gael and saying, “When you grow up, I want you to be just like you.” Another scene includes Lucy comforting Gael as she misses her mother by telling her to trust in Aslan.
*Eustace sitting among some barrels, writing in his notebook. He asks an albatross on a barrel if he talks too, and a nearby minotaur laughs at him talking to animals.
*A dragon shadow swooping across a mountainside.
*Coriaken becoming visible again: a table of books begin to blur as his image moves, not blending in with his surroundings anymore.
*Reepicheep climbing a mast.
*Ramandu’s daughter emerging out of light. She welcomes the group to Aslan’s table.
*Lucy looking on a door that opens out of nowhere, with light beyond, presumably the door in the sky.
*Edmund, Eustance and Lucy on a beach with Aslan, presumably at the end of the world. Lucy asks if they will return. As more clips play, Aslan’s voiceover speaks the line of them knowing him by another name in their world.
*Coriaken with the crew of the DT. He throws some white stuff in Eustace’s direction and says something, maybe a spell. Lucy asks Coriaken what the white stuff was, and he replies, “Lint, but don’t tell him that.”
*The footage ends as other trailers have, the Narnia logo sweeping away, this time made of finished stone.

Thank you subjectofthehighking!!

Yeah, I know just what illustration he’s talking about. Worst illustration, for sure.

• narnian1 says:

Agreed. Not a favorite illustration of mine either.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

It has always made me feel weird, it didn’t fit THE Aslan I know and love.

• ChristProclamer says:

Agreed as well. It throws the reader off to see Aslan walking like a circus animal.

• Bother Eustace says:

It’s always disturbed me! This is the first time I’ve heard that Jack himself disliked it… although I’ve always wondered what he thought about it since it seemed to depict Aslan differently than most of the books do.

• Lucy the Valiant says:

I don’t like that picture of Aslan either. It does make one wonder though…some of the things Aslan does (especially in LWW) could not be done by an animal who walks on all four paws.

• Reepicheep775 says:

Haha. You guys sound like the Dufflepuds. "Yo’ve never said a truer word, Chief. Keep it up, keep it up."

Personally I have mixed feelings about that picture. It is a little weird, but it makes you unsure of what exactly Aslan can or cannot do.

• NarniaNut says:

HAHA!!! Yep Chief thats what they sound like!! For sure!!! lol
        FINALLLLLYYYY Trailer SPOILER it was very detialed felt like i knew what it looked like already!!!!

• Sean M says:

If Lewis hated it so much, why’d he allow it in the book…? Ah well, Prince Caspian was the book that really set the tone for the world of Narnia. LWW had a lot of anachronistic elements that the rest of series didn’t have: umbrellas, sewing machines, Santa Claus, stuff like that. And please, no one tell me that it was actually Father Christmas. I’m just trying to make a point.

• Reepicheep775 says:

Point taken with the umbrellas and sewing machines, but I don’t view Father Christmas (yes, I will say it that way ๐Ÿ˜‰ ) as a farcry from the rest of the series. If it has creatures from mixed mythologies why can’t it have him?

• Aunt Letty says:

It’s unlikely that he had any say in the matter. At the time that the Narnia books were published, Lewis hadn’t yet become the cult-superstar author that he is to his fans now. He may have carried some clout in the rarified world of academia, but in the publishing domain he was merely a lowly author, and therefore of a lower caste than the editors and publishers of his work. I doubt he was consulted in the matter of illustrations.

• SavedByGrace says:

definitely srange.

• NarniaNerd says:

Actually, I kind of like that illustration. It is a little weird, but I like how it shows how much bigger Aslan is than the Witch. It’s DEFINITELY not my favorite illustration, though.

• Shy Galadriel says:

OH MY! And I was so close then! Rats! I’m so excited!

• 7chronicles says:

I’m really encouraged by the Lion’s Call report! I feel the that the spirit of VDT is being included in the movie! I Can’t wait for the trailer!

• Haggith Tarkheena says:

AWSOME! I CAN’T WAIT FOR THE SUPER TRAILER! ๐Ÿ˜€

COOL! Fourth commit!

• WilliamMoseleyandSkandarcrush! says:

I’m excited for the trailer too!!! Dude, this is nerve-wrecking!!! I know this is already big spoilers, but I’m not content yet. Once I see the trailer, I’ll be alright. Yikes! I feel really picky! I really hope to hear more on Edmund and Lucy! And I’m SO glad that they’re staying true to the book so far!!!

• wolfloversk says:

I’m glad you’ll be content with the trailer ๐Ÿ™‚ I won’t be until I see the movie. This is so exciting!!!!!!!

wow! the description is fantastic! omg i am so very, very excited now! i am officially lost to utter impatience! ๐Ÿ˜€

• Lucy says:

Mixed feelings, it’s strange. On the one hand, it sounds great, on the other some things in the discription of the trailer seem a little..I dunno…off? out of place? I bet it all makes perfect sense in context, but I guess I won’t know for sure til I see it for myself. Sigh. They’ve got to release the trailer soon, the suspense is KILLING me! As for the picture about aslan walking upright, want to know something funny? That’s probably MY least favorite picture too! cool, I never thought Doug G. of all people would feel the same way.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

I read the title of this news bit and thought it said that the Super Trailer was out….yeah i kinda freaked out for a couple of seconds ๐Ÿ™‚

• Zoe says:

If you go here (http://www.narniafans.com/archives/8459) and look in the comments, you’ll see that Anna actually is in VDT.

• Caspian says:

So…this means we’ll see a trailer somewhat soon??? I hope so, ’cause if not, I’ll go even crazier than I already am. And that would be a scary thing indeed.

The whole thing about Ramandu’s Daughter glowing sounds strange…as long as they don’t give her a name (esp. not a cheesy one!) I think I can live with it. Thankyouthankyouthankyou Kristi from the Lion’s Call!!!! You are like…like…like good news as water in a dry land. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• ChristProclamer says:

Thanks, Kristi!
    I didn’t read it all (actually, I skipped most of the report), but I am glad to hear that Aslan did say the line about his other Name and how we must know him by that name. That is one of the best moments in the entire series, and I’m so glad it’s been preserved at least this far. They can’t cut it from the final film!
    Wow. I’m really excited right now!

• CEP Paul T says:

Thanks for the report, Kristi. Your opinion certainly counts too, Dearheart! It is looking very positive. ๐Ÿ˜€

• GlimGlum says:

I like what Kristi related over at The Lion’s Call. i think the first theatrical trailer will be out either this month or next.

VDT is coming together and it is looking good overall. Twill be nice when we common fans get to see some footage too. ๐Ÿ˜€ Sail on VDT!

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Ahhhh! So when can we see the trailer? Soon? Very soon? Tomorrow? Next month? Ahhhhh yeah, I know nobody can answer my questions, but I just can’t help it!!! Sorry for spazzing, everyone. ๐Ÿ˜›

‘Cept I reeeaallly want to know what’s up with the "lost souls" or whatever. Maybe they’re going to make more people trapped on Dark Island somehow?

• Violamom says:

I just wanted to mention that the costumes and sets all looked GORGEOUS, and Georgie and Skandar look just grown up enough to show their maturity without seeming too old. (All you Skandar fans will be having palpitations!) ๐Ÿ˜€ Thanks, Tirian, for posting the link. Dearheart and I are still basking in the glow! ๐Ÿ˜‰ <><

• GlimGlum says:

Thanks for sharing that and about the sets and costimes, Violamom. ๐Ÿ™‚

๐Ÿ˜ฎ I WANT TO SEE THE COSTUMES!! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Sorry, couldn’t help it.

• skandargirl_95 says:

AGH!I’m ALREADY palpitating without even SEEING it!
      I CANNOT imagine the whole thing while I was reading this article because I CAN’T believe people have already seen the rough cut…agh!?!?

• Ann says:

NarniaFans said that Anna will be making a cameo on VDT. Is it possible that William will be too?

• Lady Galadriel says:

He might be. We know he had a film stand-in at one point, so it seems like it’s leaning towards him having an appearance (perhaps in England). But we don’t know for sure that William will appear.

• Tarwe, the Narnian Elf says:

Oh that would be awesome! I’ve been hoping for a cameo appearance of Peter and Susan all along! I’m also really excited because it seems likely that Eustace’s journal made it into the movie! Sail on!

• narnianerd says:

That actually is not a bad idea, that would be pretty cool, though it would likely complicate things a bunch

• Puddleglum says:

Poor Eustace, Now reduced to talking to birds.
    After all this the boy will never be the same. Literally.

• RuralNarniaFan says:

I don’t live that far from Biola – it’s where my parents first met. I wish I could have attended, but the price tag was way too high ($130 per person I believe). D:

The description of the trailer looks good! I’m convinced now that Gail (Gael?) will be a positive addition. ๐Ÿ˜€

• newnarnia says:

Actually the Biola Media Conference is held at CBS Studios annually, in the sound stages, and the cost was $180 at the door. Was it worth it? Absolutely! In addition to the premiere of the Narnia trailer we heard from top film/TV industry people, learned valuable insights on filmmaking, and had plenty of networking opportunities. I especially liked what X-Men producer Ralph Winter had to say, and Frmr Disney Chairman Dick Cook had amazing details to share about signing Johnny Depp on for Pirates of the Carribean.

• Claire-ayes says:

Whoop! I’m so very thrilled that all the reports seem really positive. Unicorn without a horn, bless.

Wow, I actually got a positive impression when I read about the trailer! The part with the Dawn Treader painting sounds great, and the overall themes of the movie sound pretty good. Of course there are some things I think are a little weird (following a Blue Star to Ramandu’s island? Lucy creating snow in Coriakin’s house?), and I’m hoping that Gael doesn’t have a huge part in the movie. But so far I don’t see anything to lose sleep over yet.
    Also for some reason I’m glad that a minotaur is going to have some dialog. (I know Otmin in LWW and the nameless one in PC said some lines, but just brief ones) For some reason I really like minotaurs, though a lot of you might not agree with me.

Sorry I rambled a bit but I had to get my first impressions down!

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

Yay!!!! I am realllly excited now! lol… ๐Ÿ˜ฎ ๐Ÿ˜€

• checkers says:

Anyone have any words of comfort? Because I know as soon as my dad sees the words "Book of Incantations" he’s more than likely not going to let me watch it. I’m thinking that the way C.S. Lewis used the spells in the book was a sort of "Deep Magic" thing, more like a divine power instead of a form of wizardry. It just depends on how they use it in the movie, I guess….
    Other than that, I think it sounds awesome! ๐Ÿ˜€ I love the part about the birds, and the painting bit sounds just like the book, which I like. ๐Ÿ™‚ Don’t fix what isn’t broken, ya know?

• Jill Girl says:

well Checkers if you were allowed to see the first two movies you will most likely be allowed to see this one!the Book of Incantations only plays a very small role in book so i doubt they will play it up to much in the movie.nothing that a father wouldn’t want to see himself perhaps. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yeah, I don’t really like the whole spells and magic thing either, so I kind of just tune it out a bit. I just hope it doesn’t play too big a part in the movie.

Checkers, tell your dad about the faith-based themes of the movie. After all, even if C. S. Lewis put some odd things in the books, he still meant for them to point to Jesus.

• Puddleglum says:

It would also be good not to try saying things like, "It’s not that bad".
      Better to assure your father, who you must remember is only looking out for you, that you have no interest in such nonsense.
      I trust you do not?

• Lucy says:

That is so ironic. When I heard about it being called, "the book of incantations", I instantly started worrying about MY dad not wanting me to see this movie. Now, regardless of what he thinks, I’ll probably get to see it anyway. I don’t go to see R-rated films, but I’m old enough to get in them if I wanted to so I totally can see a harmless Narnia flick if I feel like it, it would just be nice not to have the hassle of a parent going, "well that’s no good, don’t go see that" in the back of my head the whole time. I’m hoping he’ll be cool about it. But seeing as he got a bit worked up about me reading "Fairiest" by gail carson levine…I dunno. But hey, that book is on my self now, and he just acts indifferent to it, hopefully if worse comes to worse, he’ll do the same with VDT. I hope yours lets you see it too!

• Aunt Letty says:

Checkers,

the person who advised you not to say, "it’s not that bad", was right on the money. If one of my kids approached me with that lead-in, I’d have my guard up and probably be prejudiced against whatever they were asking permission for. It’s parent-reflex. I know I’m doing it, and I know it’s irrational, and I still can’t help it.

On the other hand, if you get on the same side of the discussion table with your dad, by agreeing that you find "those kinds of things" distasteful, but also affirm your pleasure in the uplifting content of the majority of the films, you’re much more likely to get a fair hearing. You could even tell him how much you’d like him to see it with you, to enjoy the message of faith in the film together.

Parents aren’t always as sure as they sound, about what they should or should not let their kids do. What your dad probably really wants is to feel that his son is safe from bad influences. Your reassuring him that you’re appreciative of his protectiveness and that you agree with the reasons for it, can give him some leeway to consider your request with a more open mind. And, if you actually want him to come to see it with you, that dispels any lingering worry that you’re tying to "get away with something" potentially harmful to you. If he is there with you, and sees anything that makes him uneasy, he can bail you both out of the situation by walking.

Good for him for sticking to his standards for his son. Good for you if you respect him for it.

• checkers says:

Thanks so much for all you advice, everybody. It was really helpful, and encouraging, too. ๐Ÿ™‚
      @PuddleGlum: No, don’t worry, I’m not interested in that sort of stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚
      @Aunt Letty: Just real quick, I’m a girl. ๐Ÿ™‚ But thank you so much for all your advice. It was so helpful to have a parent’s point of view. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Aunt Letty says:

Oh, sorry, did I say something that assumed you were a boy? My mistake. I ought to know better.

• Puddleglum says:

All good then. We will just pray you, and your father can come to some arrangment.

• Puddleglum says:

Suggestion? I like the dear Aunt’s idea of your father taking you to see it together. I understand it is becoming a tradition among humans for the Father to take their daughters to dances, meals, etc.
        Use this opportunity to see the film, then during supper,(that theatre popcorn is never satisfying) discuss it.
        May all go well.

can’t wait for trailers!
    i agree with doug. that isn’t one of my fav pics in the series. Aslan shouldn’t be walking upright.

• Alex says:

The trailer they showed at biola was the same one that they showed at NRB (National Religious Broadcasting convention) only they cleaned it up a bit. The one that they showed at NRB had some rough sound edits and still needed some work on the effects. I am looking forward to seeing this because it looks great.

• Jill Girl says:

I absolutely can’t wait for the movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I thought I was excited when the Prince Caspian trailer came out…oh my gosh i’m ten times more excited this time!thats really really really excited btw!;) ๐Ÿ™‚ I wanna see it now!lol.I am very impatient. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Kristi says:

It’s fun to see all the comments over here. Yeah, the trailer looked really promising. I’ve never known what to make of that illustration either, but the reaction to it sounds 100% like Doug.

All the mockery Eustace was subjected to, just in the trailer…I woulda started a journal too. ๐Ÿ˜›

As an aside (and because someone mentioned it above), when Dick Cook sat down with Depp and they started loosely discussing Pirates (Dick hadn’t invited Depp there, by the way. Depp asked to meet HIM, saying he wanted a film part in something his kids could watch, and then Dick vaguely mentioned that a pirate film might be on the horizon.). Depp’s reaction was "A pirate film? Real sword? I’ll do it!" Pretty funny stuff.

Back to Narnia, Susan’s cameo is probably when Lucy’s face shifts into hers in the book, though I suppose there might be something about her leaving for America.

• Brian in Calgary says:

I don’t care about spoilers, I just want to see the trailer.

• fr, george a. restrepo, sj says:

Father George says: If I am not mistaken, the Dawntreader is sailing to the edge of the world to meet the Father of Aslan. I read this book many years ago.

• Lucy says:

then you should read it again. That’s not what it’s about.

• coracle says:

Not quite, Fr George! In this story, Caspian is seeking seven lost lords who sailed east to explore beyond the Lone Islands when Miraz was king. Reepicheep the mouse is going to fulfil a prophecy made when he was a baby.
      It’s in Silver Chair that the ageing Caspian sails east once more because he has heard that Aslan has been seen in the islands.
      I recommend you treat yourself to reading these books again!

The second report says that Eustace writes in his notebook! All right! ๐Ÿ˜€

• QueenLucy12 says:

I LOVED The way that the trailer sounds like!!!!
    OMGSH! We Could Be Soooooooo Close to see it! As Queen of Heaven I DEMAND TO See tHE TRAILER!….. NOW (please! ๐Ÿ™ )

• Kristi says:

It’s neat to see all the comments on here. The trailer looked really good. I expect the cameo being referenced is when Lucy’s face morphs into Susan’s, but there might be something else.

That illustration of Aslan always makes me take pause. I don’t specifically dislike it, but it makes me think of the way other things are portrayed. For example, even though we are told that one of the leopards in LWW bears Aslan’s crown, we are rarely shown that in illustrations or on film. And we definately never see him wear it. It’s a more anthropomorphic Aslan which never seems to come off well.

Someone referenced earlier that Dick Cook talked about meeting Johnny Depp. Depp’s response to learning Disney was considering a pirate film was "A pirate movie? Real sword? I’ll do it!" Very cute.

Still wondering how Lucy gets out of the way of that ship in time…looked pretty close from the footage, so should be exciting.

• Beren says:

This "unfathomable fate" business seems to be of more concern than I first thought. In specific, "defeat the โ€œdarknessโ€ that threatens Narnia", "a great deal of importance given to overcoming the darkness without by overcoming "the darkness within."", and "Think of the lost souls we are here to save." These quotes give me a sick feeling in my stomach and a bitter taste in my mouth.

But the rest of the trailer sounds great!! haha…

• Lucy says:

oh, good, you could feel it too when they mentioned that darkness thing? I thought it was my lunch backing up on me!

• Puddleglum says:

Sadly, I get the same feeling.
      It is a fact that moviemaking is a business, and to make money, the business will try to attract as many people as possible.
      Including non-Christians.

• Beren says:

I don’t think it’s a Christian/non-Christian thing. It’s just that, as glumPuddle has said so many times, the story doesn’t need a huge, overarching, end-of-Narnia quest. They have a quest: to find the lords and avenge them if need be. But that’s not the crux of the storyline. The story is about "the longing for one’s true home and ultimately the joy of finding it." (Thanks, glumPuddle for the awesome quote.)

• Violamom says:

I will confess right off the bat that I don’t know the book as well as you, and I know YOU know that a successful movie adaptation is usually not just a slavish reproduction of the the book onto the screen. But I can’t imagine them making a feature film following the pattern of the book: sail to an island, find a lord, sail to the next island, find the next lord, etc. It would get really boring really fast. So I think, from what little we saw on Saturday, that they are doing some condensing of the quest under a larger idea, which–for a feature length film–is probably a wise thing to do. But it’s all conjecture at this point. Dearheart, who is probably the biggest stickler of the three of us (her, me and Kristi), was entranced by the trailer, and even later as we were discussing what we saw, she said there was nothing in there that disturbed or worried her. I stick by what I said: I really think this will be the best one of the three. ๐Ÿ™‚ <><

• Narniamiss says:

Viola; thanks for your input, I really appreciate it. It makes me feel a lot better even though I am hearing that there may be quite a few changes from the story. I’m excited. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mal says:

Alright! SAIL ON, VDT!

• AncientEgyptFan says:

This sounds really cool!

The "finished stone" for the Dawn Treader Logo is cool too!

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

OMG FOOTAGE OF LAURA BRENT AS RAMANDU’S DAUGHTER YES!!!!!!!!

And the part about Aslan telling them he goes by another name in their world–THANK HEAVEN THEY LEFT IT IN!!! YAY!!!

*is extremely pleased*

And I’m actually not too worried about the whole "darkness" thing. I know they said that the movie is a lot about overcoming temptation and the passage by the Dark Island is definitely a prime example of that. Also, I just realized the fact that they do come to Ramandu’s Island AFTER passing by the Dark Island (IN THE BOOK, mind you) is actually pretty signifcant. They have to pass through this immense darkness to get to the "light"…and let go of their fears and desires to see the beauty that lies at the end of the world. If they cannot get past the darkness, then the will never be able to see this light. Which could work well with that Suspian nonsense…Caspian has to let it go to see what’s really ahead of him? I’m just thinking out loud here. But again, it makes a lot of sense that they would focus on that. I really had never thought of it before, but maybe there was a SPECIFIC reason LEWIS HIMSELF made the Dark Island come before Ramandu’s. It’s interesting to think about…

• Kristi says:

Be nice to see the albatross, or some semblance of the voice of Aslan leading them through the island. Hmm, in the book, Eustace was undragoned before they met Coriakin, so why is Coriakin blowing lint at him? Poor Eustace…he seems to be made to suffer.

• Anna's Sister says:

That would be kind of weird if Coriakin pretended to throw some sort of spell on Eustace but it makes you wonder how long Eustace stays being a Dragon and what sort of spell Coriakin would want to undo or do.

• Kristi says:

Well, I didn’t mean that Coriakin would be pretending to undragon him. I meant that by the time he meets Coriakin, he’s a reformed character (mostly), so why is he still being picked on?

• ~Lava~ says:

Or, Coriaken, is annoyed with Eustace and wants him to shut up or just to scare him a bit so he utters something that sounds like an incantation and throws white stuff at him. The thing doesn’t say that Eustace was a dragon at the time and we all know how annoying Eustace is/was, mayhaps they changed the order of the islands around. At any rate, I cannot see the Duffers jumping a group of people and a dragon. They are not that dumb and besides, Eustace would have been able to get away without going through the Duffers and evacute everyone else too if he were still a dragon.

• Aunt Letty says:

huh. The impression I got from the text-version of the trailer was that it was a kind of "magic feather" thing. You know, like with Dumbo being afraid that he can’t do what he is obvioulsy made to do. Dunno why it came across that way to me, but it did. Maybe it could be a nice moment, though, if it was that kind of thing. Maybe something to do with Eustace not being able to believe he can be brave, or change for the better, or… ok, I’m just speculating with no ground to stand on, really.

• Musgrave says:

Hmmm, there was nothing about the slave trade or gold water island. I hope they have those parts in the movie. This is a wild prediction, but I think that Edmund and Caspian will have 2 sword fights against each other in the movie. One on the Dawn Treader for fun, like we saw on the YouTube video a while back,and another serious fight on gold water island for the "rights" of the island. I guess we will see on December 10th.

• Anna's Sister says:

They have to have the slave trade Island cause they did all that filming, although it’s kind of weird that they didn’t put any of that in the super trailer (that shows how little we actually know about the movie). There could be tons of stuff we don’t know about but I still think it will be awesome!!!

• Violamom says:

Musgrave, keep in mind that the purpose of a trailer is to whet your appetite to see the movie–not to be a comprehensive synopsis of everything that’s going to be in it. As far as what’s going to be in and what’s going to be out, we won’t know any of that until we actually see the movie. Plus the whole thing was only about 3-4 minutes long, so how much could they cram into it? What is in there looks really good, and everything I’ve read indicates that they’ve learned their lesson with PC and wanted to return to the spirit of LWW. Time will tell! ๐Ÿ˜‰ <><

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

WOW!!! That trailer sounds SOOOO cool!!! I hope they release a trailer for the public to see soon!!! I am dying to see one! I love the fact that Aslan will say "You will know me by another name in your world." That is just awesome. I love that line. I’m so psyched for a trailer to come out! When it does I’ll probably watch it over 50 times before the movie comes out :D. Oh yeah I didn’t like that illustration either. It looked awkward :/ SOOOO excited about the trailer! This is gonna be the best Narnia film yet! I can feel it in my bones!!! Long live Aslan and sail on VDT!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• adamie says:

Great, I spent the entire evening making three videos for my video blog, I head back here, and there’s an update!

• Embrace says:

This movie is gonna rock the boat!

• The Archenlander says:

literally!

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

hahaha! yup! Wow, I read the update….it is gonna be awesome! Just like I imagined it! Only, I’m a little nervous about the whole "following the blue star" thingy….I like the explanation of Gael and Lucy. ๐Ÿ™‚ So cute! I am really excited!!!!!!! Wahoo! *does backflips*

• Savber100 says:

haha… the trailer sounds almost too good to be true! ๐Ÿ˜›

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

O……. MMMMMMMMM…….. GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!
    i thought the words would be made of wooden planks!!!

• Anna's Sister says:

Ramandu’s daughter glowing blue?? Interesting. I hope this movie will be the best out of all of them so they can keep making them!! When do we get a trailer??!!!!

• skandargirl_95 says:

probably next month or the one after that…no doubt, they’re editing this movie pretty fast for a 3D animated, CGI movie…wow…all the effort…

• iLiveInNarnia says:

That is the worst illustration in my opinion… But oh well. Thanks for the spoilers ;]

• Tumnus the Faun says:

Thanks for the run down of the new trailer. It sounds fantastic. The thought of the water pouring out of the picture into Eustance’s room gave me chills! I wonder what the church scene is about. I hope we can see this trailer online soon. Thanks again.

• Watziznehm says:

Okay, now I’m stoked!

• Eustace says:

Wow! What am I supose to say? I don’t even know what to think of most of this.

• Aslan's my homeboy says:

Oh my goodness sooooo excited now! AAHH!

• reinier says:

I guess the first shot is a shot of Cambridge. For there does Eustace live, doesnยดt he?

• LOTRFREAK says:

i’m guessing the trailer will be out for the public in june and it probably won’t be this one.

• NarniaNerd says:

AHHHHHH!!!!! I am SOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!! WHEN WILL THE TRAILER COME OUT?!?!
    For my birthday, I would LLLLOOOOOVE to see a VDT trailer. PLEEEEEASE, Walden/Fox?
    I’m hoping REALLY hard for one this month!

• AslanJudah says:

I guess you could call this a teaser teaser.

• Beth says:

I’m immensely happy reading the descriptions of the teaser trailer. It sounds just like I imagined it. And I don’t mind the whole "darkness thing." Like others have mentioned, they do experience this darkness in the dark island. And I’ve accepted that they would change up some of the book. To me, this doesn’t seem to implausible and doesn’t ruin the movie for me.

• King_Cor_the_Great says:

i have a great feeling that this will be an excellent film. what i do hate is that they had infrared cameras to detect other cameras. I want to see the trailer!

• NarnianElf says:

Wow, I am spellbound by the description of the trailer. I feel like I’ve watched it already! Now I think I’ll die if I don’t see this movie soon! All the spoilers are almost making it worse ๐Ÿ˜€ (No, that’s impossible. I love spoilers)

• Narniafan says:

THAT illustration! I’ve always thought it looked pretty strange, and was definitely a departure from the entire story. Aslan walking on two feet??

Although I do wonder why Lewis allowed the picture to be in the book.

• kate Achey says:

it will come out in june

• KingofKings'Daughter says:

AHHH!!! I love spoilers!!! Cannot wait for the trailer to come out!

• JadistarkilleR says:

sounds really good!

maybe its just how this trailer was transcribed, but it seems like they’re putting the focus back on the children again. it doesnt sound like they’re showing much of King Caspian this time around, at least in this trailer.

• Aunt Letty says:

Thanks for posting the transcription/description

• Aunt Letty says:

Aggh-it posted before I was done.

I meant to say Thanks for posting the transcription/description!!!!!

Can only afford timewise to check-in here every couple of weeks. Hasn’t been much to discuss in the past few months, so I don’t bother to post. Is this what the more net-savvy refer to as "lurking"? I understand that is a bad thing, so I don’t want to be a "lurker". Not sure just what it is, to be honest.

Thanks again for the trailer. How did anyone get such a detailed description from just one viewing, anyway? Someone’s got a fantastic memory.

• Wunderkind4HIM says:

So what about costumes??? What was Ramandu’s daughter wearing? What about Lucy? I want details!!
    So exciting!!!

• Doug says:

Does anyone know what big summer movies Fox has coming out that the VDT trailer would possibly be previewed in?

• lilims says:

Probably the Ramona and Beezus movie since its also by 20th century fox. Ramona and Beezus comes out July 23.

• MurtaghLuv says:

Knight and Day, Predators, and Ramona And Beezus, other than that I don’t know. after ramona the next movie comes is treader so that won’t work.

• I_LiVe_iN_NarNia:P says:

I’m glad they’ve put in the bit about them knowing Aslan by another name in their world ๐Ÿ™‚ That bit’s important i think. Sounding good!

• ibart9 says:

wow… not at all what i expecked
    MLG aka Gael is in trailer
    But the gen pub is not suposed 2 hav seen this, so we r not 2 sur wether this is what we wl see in the real tralr

• A CS Lewis fan says:

Coriaken says "lint but don’t tell him that" that doesn’t reflect his charicter in the book (sounds more like Eustace). In the book Prince Caspian, Peter the high king by the time he meets Caspian he is acting like a high king should, in the movie you see a spoiled little kid. Please respect CS Lewis by presenting his characters correctly.

• Tauriel says:

Oh, give it a rest! How can you judge a character based on one line from a trailer you haven’t even seen yet?

• always narnian says:

Because they have made all the Narnians so saracstic and childish. Look what they did with the last movie. If someone says "this looks like a cool movie" from a trailer surely someone can see a character changed from a trailer. =)

• Lucy says:

I understand that they changed a lot in PC, but that STILL doesn’t give us the right as fans to trash-talk a trailer WE HAVEN’T EVEN SEEN YET. If you want to bad-mouth it, wait at least until you’ve seen a clip first!

• wolfloversk says:

I’m not sure if I remember exactly, but wasn’t Coriken being punished for the story for something (that’s why he was no longer a star) so perhaps its not totally out of character.

• A CS Lewis fan says:

Thanks, always narnian; you are right they did make the Narnians sarcastic and childish; but I think that reflects the writers themselves being sarcastic in character.
        —- As for those who judge me for making an evaluation based on information — As you read the book and evaluate the interaction between Coriaken and Aslan you see dignity on both sides. I don’t need to see a trailer to know that people of dignity don’t throw lint at anybody much less the least at the table. The comment doesn’t fit either.
        One of the great things about the Lord of the Rings movies was that the characters were true to the book. I am a big C.S. Lewis fan and I would like this to be a great movie in the same way.

• chirpingbird says:

Not that your wrong, but you are making way too big an assumpation (sp.?) on FIVE SECONDS. I understand your worries, A CS Lewis Fan, but as they say, it seems your making a mountain of what may end up being a molehill.

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

When I read that part, I thought that as a thing they did in order to kinda pull a prank on snobby Eustace. lol Just my opinion. ๐Ÿ˜‰

• chirpingbird says:

A CS Lewis Fan and always narnian, for all we know, Eustace is sent to Coriakan as a dragon and only lint can make him a boy again….
      (It COULD work!)

• LOTRFREAK says:

corikan realy didn’t have any charitor.

• always narnian says:

……. sounds really changed

• always narnian says:

By the way awesome thought CS Lewis Fan . I totally agree

• Daรฉa Reina says:

I’m so excited about this movie, just can’t wait!
    The only thing that bothers me is MLG. I really don’t know what to think about her! And Drinian is bald, that’s a negative point for me.
    Greetings from Brazil! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’m sure you’ll get used to Drinian being bald.

You live in Brazil? Cool! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Laura Andrews says:

Well, finally some spoilers! I don’t mind spoilers for a story that I’ve read too many times to count. I don’t have very high hopes for the movie, but… I’m going to go see it anyways.

• TheScribblingScribe says:

No clips of Eustace as a dragon?

• SavedByGrace says:

Sounds great! I didn’t like the line where Coriaken says he put lint on Eustace…doesn’t sound very nice and magiacian/former star-like.

• Lucy says:

Well he was sort of under punishment from Aslan, the star/magicain, I mean, so maybe he got bitter over time and took it out on Eustace with the contexts of his dryer filter. LOL.

I think it’s meant to be a playful scene. I mean, I don’t KNOW, of course. It just sounds that way to me. ๐Ÿ™‚ I don’t think Coriakin is trying to be mean to Eustace, maybe just teasing him a bit. And even though he’s a star and magician, I always thought Coriakin was a rather playful person. Maybe it’s just the way he was portrayed in the BBC movie.
      Anyway, we won’t know anything for sure until we can see the actual scene and get the context and peoples’ expressions and tone of voice. ‘Cause just reading it is different from seeing and hearing it.

• Jana says:

I saw what sounds like the same trailer at the Calvin Festival of Faith and Writing, along with the Ramona and Beezus trailer. So it seems consistent.

• fantasia_kitty says: