Narnia: The Exhibition – Now in Two Locations

Posted May 20, 2010 8:56 pm by fantasia_kitty

A week ago Wednesday we reported the Exhibition for The Chronicles of Narnia would open in Montreal Canada. What we didn’t know at the time was three days after we reported that story a second Exhibition would open in Jacksonville, FL!

Yep, that’s right. On May 15, the Museam of Science and History (or MOSH as they like to call it) opened ‘Narnia:The Exhibition’ which will run the same time as the exhibition in Montreal.

The official MOSH website reports: “Step through the wardrobe and into the world of Narnia. The Chronicles
of Narnia: The Exhibition is a magical exhibit based on the blockbuster film series and fictional children’s classics by author C.S. Lewis. Hailed
as the near-perfect visitor experience, the exhibit combines original film costumes, set drawings and props from “The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe” and “Prince Caspian” with newly created educational interactives, videos and interviews with scientists so that visitors can consider the surprising similarity between our world and that of Narnia. This exhibition closes Sept 12 so plan to visit MOSH this summer!”

The current schedule for the Exhibition looks like this.

May 15, 2010 – Sept 12, 2010, The Museam of Science and History, Jacksonville, FL
June 5, 2010 – Aug 29, 2010, Montreal Exhibition Centre, Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Oct 9, 2010 – ???, U.S. Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL
June 2011, Louisville Science Center, Louisville, KY

• Braden Woodburn says:

Yay first comment! This is awesome news! I’d so go to one of these if I had the chance!

• narnian1 says:

Jacksonville, FL. That’s 5 hours from where I live. hhmm.

• Nathan says:

Hey, I heard that the Voyage of the Dawn Treader movie trailer is going to be shown before the new Shrek 3D movie this weekend

• fantasia_kitty says:

… and I heard it wasn’t sooo…. I’ll believe it when I see it. 😉

• Aslan's Meadow says:

We can only hope.

• Nathan says:

Yup, I just got back from the 10:30 showing of Shrek Forever After in 3D, and the Narnia Trailer preceded it. Everyone go watch it. I’m surprised they didn’t put it online first.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Nathan, I don’t think you’re fooling anyone. If this was true we would have heard something about it by now.

• Lucy says:

Nathan, are you lying? Please don’t tease me-and everybody else on the site. Waving false hope in front of Narnia fans is like dangling crack in front of crack addicts and then saying, "Nope, none for you!"

So if you’re telling the truth, YOU ROCK. if not, you’re making me sad.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

Nathan! are you for real or just pushn’ us around? Tell us!!!

I wouldn’t believe anything until we get some solid proof.

• chirpingbird says:

And Nathan, you wrote that at 10:24, when you said you watched the 10:30 viewing. No offense, of course, if what you say is true is true- but I doubt it very much.

• QueenLucy12 says:

you don’t want to be lying around us! cuz it is a BIG deal to some people!!! (like me!) Tell! true or not!?

• Trufflehunter says:

As I have said before, I have not read anywhere that the trailer will be shown before the Shrek movie, but a week or so ago, Fox showed a clip from Shrek Forever After during a commercial break during Glee. If Shrek has any relations with the Fox Broadcasting Company, why shouldn’t they have the same with the Fox "Movie-Making Company", and therefore, show the trailer before the Shrek movie? Just a theory! 🙂

• Keyaan says:

I just came back from seeing the 7:20 pm showing of Shrek 4 in 3D…the Narnia trailer ISN’T attached to it.

• ChristProclamer says:

So is it the same Exhibition, the same stuff?

• ChristProclamer says:

And another question…I have a few pics of the Exhibition I took myself and I’m wondering if photography will still be forbidden. I mean, if there’s two…

• Matthias of Redwall says:

wow, I’d like to go see that…sounds pretty interesting.
    anybody here like redwall? 🙂

• silverPhoenix says:

Matthias of Redwall says:May 20th, 2010 on 11:35 PM
      wow, I’d like to go see that…sounds pretty interesting.
      anybody here like redwall?

I’m a Redwall fan too!

• Omac the centaur says:

awesome. 🙂

• Aslan's Meadow says:

sooner or later their bound to come to michigan…..right?

Florida is another place I don’t live. 🙁

• Aravis Narnia says:

Are they both exactly the same? I live a few hours away from Jax, but was planning on visiting Montreal anyway. Now it is a question on WHEN to go to Jax.

• Bother Eustace says:

Bummer, can’t it come further south in Florida? Jacksonville is so far away… 🙁

• narnian1 says:

Same thing I thought, further south would be so much better, but I am tempted to go the five hours north. 🙂

• always narnian says:

oooooooo =) i want to go one day

• narniafan#1 says:

KY is pretty close to me, so maybe next year…

• Anna's Sister says:

Way to far north or way too far south. Why can’t they have it in the Twin Cites. :b

• chirpingbird says:

Isn’t this the point where we all complain that the exhibit should come to near where we live?

• NarniaNerd says:

IS IT EVER COMING TO THE WEST COAST?!?!? :'(

• Hermitess of Narnia says:

I’m sure it will, maybe by then it will have Dawn Treader props too!
      My question is, some of the things in the exhibit I assume are one of a kind like Tumnus’ flute, the witch’s sledge, or the items in Susan’s trunk. I don’t think they made doubles of all the props so does that mean the second exhibit won’t contain everything?

ok now im really getting annoyed. isnt Austin good enough for an expedition? i wanna see one sooooo bad! *weep* 🙁

• KingSkandartheJust says:

very cool! I was hoping that they would put it somewhere a little closer to where I live in NY.

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

America is so lucky! Especially on the East Coast. And, just a sidenote, I don’t think that Alaska really counts as the West because it’s far, far away above Canada! Although it is in the West.
    My mom’s first response when I told her that the Exhibition was in Alaska: "What? It’s in Alaska? Who’s going to go see it there? I mean, there might be a few Narnia fans, but there are so many more in other places in the U.S. and the U.K. and around the world!" That was sort of a paraphrased version, but still. 🙂
    @ Nathan- It is totally uncool to lie about something like that- especially on a site like this. At first I was inclined to believe you, but now… I don’t. Unless, for some reason, the showing you went to showed the trailer (which hasn’t been released)…. but the other showings didn’t…. but that makes absolutely no sense at all.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

You’re right HighQueenofNarnia. Unless "Nathan" replies to everyone, we can all give up on it. It was just some joke.

• Nathan says:

I made that comment at 12:24. Narniaweb doesn’t go according to Eastern Standard Time, so it was recorded as being 10:24. After I made the comment I realized it looked funny. Why doesn’t Narniaweb take time zones into account?

• Tristan says:

OMG I fucking live in Jax!!!!! im so happy! so happy….Last summer i when to the Harry Potter exhibition, now this summer im going to Narnia! live is good. SO HAPPY!

• Kris says:

I live in South Fl, 6 hours away from Jax, I was JUST in Jax last week and had NO idea! On our way home from Jax, we past a billboard for it and I could have DIED. My husband thought it was just the funniest thing ever of course. But its ok, it will be there until september so I will be able to go back. And I can’t wait! And Tristan, lets keep the language clean, shall we? It just makes you look immature and well…not very smart, no offense just stating facts, and kids are on this site. That said, awesome that you live in Jax! Thats where I want to be more than anything (my whole family is there…and now Narnia is too!)

• PrincessMia241 says:

Right where I live! Maybe 20 minutes away. Sooooo going.

• Rilianluvr4evr says:

Yay!!!! Jax is 4 hrs. away!!!!!!

• Sofie says:

Hi, I live in Mexico and I’m planning to attend to this exhibition, because I’ll be close to Jacksonville this summer, but I need to know the cost of the ticket (because the website don’t have this information) and if I could take pictures.

I’m a big fan of Narnia, so I hope I could be there.

Thank you!
    grettings from México.

• laura says:

Omg Im so jealous!! I wish i lived up there!

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry