Upgrade Your Narnia DVD’s to Blu-ray

Posted May 18, 2010 10:30 am by Tirian

If you purchased traditional DVD’s for The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and Prince Caspian but would like to upgrade to Blu-ray, Disney has a deal for you. The Disney Upgrade Program let’s you send in the proof of purchase tab from inside your DVD case and you’ll receive an $8 off coupon in the mail. Note that the LWW Extended Edition isn’t available for this promotion. Thanks to Gymfan for the tip.

• Eustace says:

Too bad, I wish the LWW Extended Edition was available for this promotion. On the bright side, I am the first one to comment.

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Exactly my thoughts…I wish they had the Extended Edition available in Blu-ray…maybe someday.

• ernesto says:

it is well on DVD The Chronicles of Narnia The Dawn of travelers crossing and also the other way goodbye.

• Pippin/Merry/Gimli/all hobbits and dwarf lover says:

Interesting, but I know we won’t, we own them both already and we don’t do blueray right now. 🙂

Too late. I already have both the DVD and Blu-ray for LWW and PC. 🙂

I wonder if the Extended Edition will ever be released on BD.

• Skilletdude says:

Sorry Disney. I know you really want us to buy the same products over again for marginal differences, but I’m still not sold on Blu-ray. The original special edition DVD’s were unusually expensive as it was.

• AJAiken says:

It’s not just Disney … New Line’s LOTR, anyone?

Blu-ray is the way to go, but Blu-ray players also upscale DVDs. I’ve bought very few "repeat copies" of films. And I have already got the Narnia films on both DVD and Blu-ray.

• Rose says:

Ooh that’s an interesting idea. I’d love a Blu-Ray player but they’re so expensive.

(By the way, don’t want to be one of those annoying grammar sticklers but the headline should be ‘DVDs’ not ‘DVD’s’. 🙂 Thanks)

• Hiram says:

I just wanted to let anyone that’s interested know that Disney will accept the LWW Extended Edition proof of purchase, but you’ll get a coupon for the the regular LWW Blu-ray. I tried it and just received my coupon today.

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry