Narnia.com Screenshots

Posted June 28, 2010 12:38 pm by fantasia_kitty

I don’t know how many people noticed this, but when you’re checking out the official website for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, if you change the size of your window, the background image will zoom in and out and allow you to see more or less of the image. As I run a dual-monitor setup, I had a lot of requests on the forum for screenshots of the pages (the character pages in particular) since I can get the screen so wide and details hiding behind the character descriptions become visible. Since there was so much interest in these screenshots, I thought I’d go ahead and upload them for everybody.

A couple notes on the images. Credit for the homepage screencap goes to starkat. I couldn’t quite get a good shot of that one.

Second, BenBarnesOnline managed to snag a copy of the background for the Drinian profile, so I uploaded that one as well, but credit for that find goes to them.

On the Edmund screencap, it’s clear that Fox didn’t quite finish photoshopping the words out of that picture, so that one is a bit odd.

And finally, on the Reepicheep screencap, you actually lose more of the picture by stretching it out, so I uploaded two copies of that one; one stretched out and one not.

UPDATE: Of course, after I upload these images, we’re linked copies of the background images of the character profiles. You can find them here, compliments of Telmar Pictures.

UPDATE June 30: Lemondedenarnia.com also has these shots, including the Dawn Treader from the front page. You can see them here.

• narnia365 says:

Awesome, thanks!

• Kotarki says:

It looks like a lot of these were taken from descriptions of the book characters rather than created especially for the movie, which I’m fine with. The Island of the Dufflepuds, or at least, what I’m assuming is the Island of the Dufflepuds looks very different from what I thought it would be. Not bad, just different. Almost like something from Willy Wonka. πŸ˜›

Yeah, the magician’s garden is different from what I expected, but it’s kinda cool too. πŸ˜› It’s quirky, just like the Dufflepuds. Love the spiral bush and manicured lawn. The Dufflepuds must be expert gardeners, for all their thick-headedness (whoops, I don’t think that’s a word, but oh well πŸ˜‰ ).

• Sam says:

I hated Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I hope this movie is like that. If VoDT turns out to be corny and childish I’m going to hate it and it’s going to ruin the series.

• Sam says:

I meant to say i hope this movie isn’t* like that

• Countess Shamira says:

Sam, you sound like you haven’t read the book.

• ArwinUndomiel says:

@ Sam, lol, good thing you clarified. I was reading your post with what must have been an extremely puzzled face. lol

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

I imagined the island with the dufflepuds to be a spacious green place…kinda like the Shire in Lord of the Rings…only an island…lol

• Lord of Cair Parevel and Emeror of the Lone Islands says:

If you look around the feet of the crew you can see spears that the dufflepuds threw.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

When I first read the description for Caspian, it somehow didn’t "click" perfectly with PC. So I agree with the "sounds like the book" comment. And as to Coriakin’s garden, it /does/ look very different than I imagined… spirally bushes and such. So agreed again with you there. πŸ˜€
      I /really/ hope that it turns out good….

• Aravis & Hwin says:

I totally agree! The garden isn’t at all like I expected it, but it does looks cool. Also, the descriptions do sound a lot like the book. πŸ™‚

• GohandoMax says:

It is almost ot childish looking to me…

• Not Of This World says:

Well Kotarki, it dose sound like that picture is of the Island of the Duffers. By the landscape and the spears (it looks like that) in the ground. Lewis writes in the VDT that the Island had landscape and when the Narnians wanted to know if the invisible Duffers had weapons, he threw his spear so they could see their weapon. So I also think that it is the Island of the Duffers.

• LadyCourage says:

Very nice! Thank you!

The picture of the Dufflepud island looks a lot like the part in the book where they think they might be attacked by invisible enemies–except it’s not on the beach. I just wonder where Lucy and Eustace are. Are they hiding in the back?

The scene behind Reepicheep looks like Caspian’s cabin. It looks like they put painted panels on the wall, like in the book. Although I’d prefer vines and crimson dragons, the panels are still cool. πŸ™‚

The scene behind Caspian was described by Tony Nixon as having something to do with an almost-mutiny (at least I think that’s what his comment said on his facebook page). Maybe that’s the part on Ramandu’s island where the crew doesn’t want to go to the Utter East? Or could it be somewhere else? Anyone have any ideas?

• Pepper Darcy says:

I noticed Eustace and Lucy were gone too. And they probably aren’t ‘there’ since they’d be upfront with Ed and Caspian =) Maybe they’re the ones to hear the Dufflepuds etc. and don’t get back in time to warn their friends =) but it looks like a really neat scene! =D

• Telmar Pictures says:

We have a copy of all backgrounds narnia.com
    I can share it. Also I made art from images of characters.

• HighQueen_Of_LanternWaste says:

Thank you! πŸ˜€

• flambeau says:

Great pictures, FK! Thanks so much for getting those!
    Hmmm… anyone else notice that you can see Gael and Rhince in the picture of Eustace (on the right hand side of the image)?
    And what is up with the hilt of Edmund’s sword?? That is the strangest looking sword hilt that I’ve ever seen.

— flambeau

• Lady_Liln says:

The fact that he’s in battle gear and does NOT have Rhindon is very confusing. I thought he did have it when we saw him in armor previously.

But, that is a very odd hilt. I wish we could see the whole sword. . .

And, I’m still curious what Rhince and Gael are running from in what appears to be Narrowhaven. :S

• flambeau says:

Yes, he did have it in some other images we’ve seen, but this appears to be on Coriakin’s island, as opposed to on the ship like they were in those images.
        If you look at the background image for Drinian’s picture, you can see an okay shot of the full sword. I am curious as to what he’s holding in his left hand though… I can’t make out what it is.
        Okay, this is the THIRD sword we’ve seen Edmund with in this movie! (Rhindon, this new one, and the one he uses in the playful duel with Caspian) How many swords does he need?? πŸ˜‰ Not that I am in any way opposed to Edmund having a sword! He’s the best sword fighter, in my opinion, but three different swords? What’s up with that? πŸ˜‰

— flambeau

• LOTRFREAK says:

that is a hand and a half sword. look them up there neat.

• Eavis says:

Yeah, I noticed that, too…maybe they see Gael’s mum and are running towards her? Slave market, perhaps?

• sgk474 says:

Thanks! They look great!

• Molly says:

Thanks fantasia_kitty! You rock. πŸ˜‰

• jill says:

Lovely.

• tenthofthatname says:

Any thoughts on who’s the fellow on horseback in the painting behind Reepicheep?

• fantasia_kitty says:

I believe that’s High King Peter. If you look in the next frame over, you can see Susan, Edmund, and Lucy following.

• Lucy says:

Yeah, it does sorta look like him (especally since the others are right behind); only it also looks like the high king needs to lay off the royal buffet in that picture…LOL…kidding…sorry…

• Lord of Cair Parevel and Emperor of the Lone Islands says:

I wonder were that setting is.

• Lucy says:

I don’t mean to sound like a dim-wit, but why is EDMUND the one with the library background? Shouldn’t it be Lucy? wouldn’t that make more sense since SHE’S the one who reads the magic book?

• Fire Fairy says:

I think they just chose backgrounds that look good with the promo pictures of the characters, like with color scheme and all that, instead of worrying about matching the background with the actual character.

• Griffle says:

Awesome! Any bigger ones? And can someone please ask Fox to release the Dawn Treader background image on the front page in a clean version.

• decarus says:

Edmund’s sword is so awesome.

• Not Of This World says:

That is awesome!

• true-narnian_queen says:

thanks lots!!! these are great!!!

• Horse_Lover says:

These are pretty neat! I can’t wait for the movie! Hmm, that’s not how I imagined Drinian, but……..

so cool! i love them and the backgrounds are amazing!

• Lylanarniafan says:

they look awesome!

• wolfloversk says:

Where did Corakin’s Island come from?

• QueenLucy12 says:

awesome!!!!

• garucliff says:

Can anyone help me? What are those writings on the top wall panels in (what seems to be Caspian’s cabin)? The left top panel reads, "once a king or queen … always a king or queen…" I can’t make out the opposite panel.

• Telmar Pictures says:

I have Dawn Treader. http://picasaweb.google.com/107739939256404295667/Other#5488053358152743826
    I’ll upload clean pictures in the evening (after 9-10 hours). I don’t have any bigger ones.

• Braden Woodburn says:

Very cool indeed! Thanks for uploading this! Narnia forever!

• Elf Maiden Archer of Rivendell says:

Thanks FK for the lovely pics!

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Awesome! Thank you! Those are going on my desktop! πŸ™‚

wow! those are some beautiful pictures! my favorites are the picture of that town, perhaps the island that has the slaves(i forgot its name), the buildings in that one are just fabulous looking, and the one where you see Edmund, Caspian, and the crew on the Dufflepud island, standing ready with their swords, looking around for something. my guess is that they’re hearing the voices of the invisible dufflepuds right there. its all so beautiful and breathtaking, i cannot wait to see it on screen!!!

• TumnusTheBrave says:

i like the fourth one. maybe the dufflepud scene

• Arieh says:

I figured out what the second panel says on the Reepicheep background. "In this world it was only as one remembers a dream."

• Liberty Hoffman says:

these pictures are so awesome! πŸ˜€

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Awesome! Like the pics. Reep looks cool. πŸ™‚ Edmund looks cute. Lucy looks pretty. Caspian looks kingly. πŸ˜€ Lord Drinian and Euestace look pretty cool too. πŸ™‚

• ernesto says:

estan bien bonitas las imagenes de Narnia lo felicito a todo que lo hicieron etc. adios.

• Anna's Sister says:

I love the look of the boats behind the picture of Lucy. So pretty!

• Jake says:

Full pictures of the characters and larger wallpapers available here : http://www.lemondedenarnia.com/news/article.php?id=2560

• selma says:

Owwww! Can’t wait to watch this movie. And I do love Skandar Keynes. Yeah.. I’ve seen the Trailer in http://www.skandar.net it’s cool! Keep it up, Aslan!

• FrecklefaceJill says:

Love the pics!

FFJ

• Lilianaβ™₯ says:

Yay! Thanks!
    Oh and I went to go watch Eclipse at midnight and they passed the Narnia trailer! Just incase anyone wants to catch it on the big screen again πŸ˜€

• Prince Caspian XI says:

AWESOME!!!!!!! Thanks you guys!! =D

• Coalesce says:

Wow… Just wow. The detail is amazing! I literally got chills when I saw the larger photos. I downloaded all of the photos from Lemondedenarnia.com, and the Dawn Treader is now my desktop! I can’t wait for the movie to come out!

• garucliff says:

In Caspian’s picture, the one where he is holding
    a crossbow, I think Rhindon is on his left hip.

• LazH says:

This is hilarious because in the second picture I recognise two of the extras! The guy at the front second from the left with the dark curly hair was one of the guys who kept noticing us watching the extras tent and he appeared to be annoyed at all the people watching him through the fence! I have a video with him in it looking at us looking at him! Then there’s ‘Randy’ the ‘random’ faun in the background. We actually spoke to that guy and he told us that he’s sort of just been given the nickname ‘randy’ because he was an unnamed faun (mostly for stunts- he was a stuntman) so he had just been referred to as a ‘random faun’ which was shortened to Randy but whether or not they’re actually going to credit him in the film as ‘Randy’ I’m not sure of- it doesn’t sound like a very Roman name like the other fauns have…

That’s funny! It would be weird to see someone in real life, and then see them in a movie. Did you see anyone else connected with filming, or only those two extras?

• LazH says:

yes, I saw Shane Rangi and we got to speak to him. I apparently was the only person there that actually knew who he was, because everybody else there was asking him why he was in a gorilla suit! I told him that his scene where Asterius was holding up the gate in prince caspian was one of my favourites in both the narnia movies and he seemed touched! I also got to high five a stunt dwarf. They were the ones who came over to talked to us because they felt sorry for us watching behind a gate all day! Lots of production people were there too and they spoke to us. I also saw Skandar, Georgie and Will (but only for a second) and Howard Berger and Douglas Gresham. Then with my camera I could see the guy who plays Drinian and we were also right outside the Telmarine extras tent and this one telmarine called Hermann kept staring at us and talking to us (he was very strange) – then he started passing us bags of nuts throught the fence! I’ll be looking for him when the movie comes out.

That’s so cool! I like the Asterius scene too, and it’s so sweet that you told Shane Rangi that you liked it! Haha, you got to high-five a dwarf and spy on Telmerines–I wish I was that lucky. And Herman…interesting. πŸ˜‰ Maybe he was as fascinated with you as you were with film extras!

• narnianheart says:

omg!!! That is WAY cool!!!!!

• Edmund-is-hot says:

Wow, this is really awesome! πŸ˜€ But I noticed one thing. Is it just me or does anyone else thing they’ve made an error in editing around Edmund’s head. I dunno, it just doesn’t completely look the right shape….

• CrazyTumnusLuver says:

I thought they confronted the Dufflepuds on the beach?? Someone clarify please <.<

• always narnian says:

Yes, but they are invisible at that moment.

Also, remember that the movie is changing things around quite a bit. Maybe they decided that it would be more visually interesting for the characters to meet the Dufflepuds in the magician’s garden. It might be kinda cool, but we’ll have to wait and find out.

• Fiona Everest says:

Neat, Lucy looks pretty

• Braydon says:

This movie disgusts me
    C.S. Lewis was a heretic
    All of his books are packed with satanism

• Not Of This World says:

Narnia is CHRISTIAN!!! Have you ever read the books?!? Are you saying that when Aslan dies on the Stone table for Edmund that that does not reprisent what Christ did for us and that is satanism? READ THE BOOKS!!!!!!!!!

• I am a christain says:

I do NOT agree with you! I have grown up with the books and my parents personally know the relitives of C. S. Lewis.
        They say that Lewis actually wrote the books to resemle the Bible. How Aslan died on the stone table it does resemle is the main theme of Narnia and how Edmund changed is like how a Christian changes from a life of sin and into a eternal life with Jesus. (Aslan is Jesus in this case)
        Ask any of the relitives of C. S. Lewis they will tell you the TRUTH.

• I am a christain says:

I also LOVE the way that C. S. lewis wrote the books that way!

• Amelia says:

Interesting comment, Braydon. Growing up, I heard a lot of similar things and thought, for a long time, that the Narnia books/movies must be just so terrible and "how can Christians even read these?" etc. However, in the last couple years, I have started doing my own research and have finally read a couple of the books, and have realized all the criticisms I had heard (by people who I doubt had even read the books) had no basis at all. While I do not agree 100% with all of Lewis’ theology, I do find many exciting and wonderful parallels to Christian truths and Bible accounts in the Chronicles of Narnia. I believe Lewis was a true Christian, and that his books reflect a true Christian worldview.

Like "Not of This World", I encourage you to read the books, not with preconceived ideas to find fault, but just as Lewis meant his readers to read his books. Keep your Bible in hand and look for parallels, and see if you really do find things that are contrary to Scripture. I didn’t find anything contrary to Scripture. I found an amazing story that sent me digging more into the Word and praising God for Who He is and what He’s done!

I agree, Amelia. There are some things in the Chronicles of Narnia that I don’t agree with, but there are so many wonderful truths in the books too! Whenever I read them I’m impressed by the messages of faith, redemption, overcoming temptation…I could go on and on. For example, in the Silver Chair the characters had to follow Aslan’s instructions and have faith in him no matter what–that sounds like our walk with God, doesn’t it? And in the Dawn Treader, when Eustace becomes a dragon because of his own selfishness, he has to let Aslan take his dragon skin off, instead of doing it himself. It’s just like us trying to get rid of our sin, and then realizing we can’t do it without God’s help.
        So I think that even if C. S. Lewis had his flaws, he still had a strong faith in God. And I think the Narnia books reflect that faith.

P.S. Braydon, if you hate the Narnia series so much, then why are you even on this website? Just wondering.

• I am a christain says:

I agree with you that is my thoughts in words.

• redeemedqueen says:

Thanks sooo much for uploading these! Narnia.com won’t work for me πŸ™

• Caspian says:

…this is something that I just noticed, but the Lucy character page in this bunch of pictures has a little ‘add on’ at the end about the trainwreck that isn’t in the current version of the character page on Narnia.com. Eustace’s is also a little different, and I think some of the others are too. Interesting.

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry