Anna Popplewell in “tiny fraction” of VDT

Posted September 16, 2010 4:47 pm by Glumpuddle

At the UK premiere of Charlie St. Cloud, Anna Popplewell (Susan) was asked about The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. She said: “I’m only in a teenny tiny fraction of it. I just went out basically to do this one scene, and to visit. But it looks like it’s going to be really good, and obviously I’m excited to see it.” View the video here. Thanks to ‘Daredevil’ for the find!

• Knight of the Lion says:

I hope it’s "teenny-tiny". I wonder what their reasoning is for having Peter and Susan in the movie? Probably just to pacify the few people who are "dying" to see a Will and Anna cameo. Them in Narnian close was too much for me though. Oh well, as long as it doesn’t affect the story at all. But at the same time, the scene should make sense whether you’ve read the book or not. We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

• dinode says:

This is the best news since we learned it only took 15 minutes to shoot the white witch scene! But how is it 1 scene if she appears both in the magician’s book and wherever she and Peter are in the trailers?

Maybe she doesn’t classify the magician’s book part as a whole "scene". Maybe they only took a few pictures of her face for that one.

• Prince Norin says:

I also wonder if the "Narnian Clothes" scene isn’t actually a scene… because it seemed to be in a very non-descript location. I’ve wondered if maybe it is more of an improv thing that they did while Will and Anna were there.

• Knight of the Lion says:

I would think so too if it wasn’t for what Apted said in that interveiw with Empire Magizine. “That’s a nice little surprise for you in the film. It doesn’t go against the book but it’s a nifty little idea in the film. They came back for a couple of days, and it doesn’t really impinge on the story but it’s a nice little grace note.” Though I’m still not sure if he means Will and Anna were out there shooting for a couple of days, or if Peter and Susan returned to Narnia for a couple of days. We’ll just have to wait and see!

• Prince Norin says:

I’m pretty sure he means they came back to film for a couple of days… them coming back to Narnia for a couple of days could not be seen as "not infringing on the story."

good thing its a "teeny tiny fraction". now we can all relax about the Susan and Peter thing, or at least be less tense about it. i personally dont mind they have a bit of Susan and Peter AS LONG as they keep it very limited and small. a cameo wont hurt anyone, and it will be kinda nice to see those characters for a little bit.

• The Batman says:

Well, I’m delighted that we’ll get to see both Will and Anna briefly in VotDT. I think it will help with the continuity from PC.

• Narnian Elf says:

Yea I am glad that this movie will have a cameo of both Peter and Susan. I realize they weren’t in the book, but its nice to see them once more.

can’t wait to see the "teeny-tiny fraction"!!!!!!!!!
    84 more days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Linden says:

Well, at least it’s only a teeny-tiny scene. I’m semi-pacified. 😉

• Bookwyrm says:

I’d be more relieved if they hadn’t have had Tilda lie about her presence in PC.

• ONOchemistry says:

here’s another interview of Anna at the UK Premiere of Charlie St. Cloud where she talks about VODT.

• QueenLucy12 says:

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’m glad that her and will get a small cameo. cuz if nonnarniafans like us saw it without them they might think ‘what happened to susan and peter!?’. they couldn’t just cut them out for good in vdt. its good that they will have a small cameo in the movie.

• Adeona says:

Thank you Anna Popplewell!
    And I am glad Peter and Susan have cameos.

• The Rose-Tree Dryad says:

Lol, this is driving me crazy!

Judging by the interview that ONOchemistry linked, where Anna says that she’s not actually in it and if you "keep your eyes peeled very carefully" you might actually see her, I’m inclined to think that she’s talking about the scene with Book of Incantations. Where does that leave the "scene" in the trailer showcasing the four Pevensies? No idea. Possibly just a marketing ploy of Fox, but who knows. I’m really, really perplexed.

• icarus says:

There was a quote in a recent Family Guy episode which featured a cameo from Cleveland Brown, now of ‘The Cleveland Show’, which i thought was most amusing and relevant here:

"Cleveland?! Who know we’d run into you here, except for everyone if Fox ruined it in the promos! What a surprise this is!"

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry