More News on the Mall ‘Ice Palace’ Locations
Posted October 28, 2010 12:32 pm by fantasia_kitty
Last week we reported on some displays in the works to help promote The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. These displays are to be featured in shopping centers around the US.
Now, NarniaFans.com has exclusive information on the specific locations of these displays.
This holiday season, Taubman centers around the country will be unveiling multi-sensory, interactive Ice Palaces based on The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. This magical experience will run between November 12th and December 24th, beginning with a special lighting ceremony on the evening of November 12th. The ceremony will illuminate Ice Palaces across the country as fans everywhere gather together for the celebration. Additionally, talent from the film will be hosting the opening event via a live stream, from Beverly Center in Los Angeles.
Participating Taubman Centers nationwide:
• California: Beverly Center (Los Angeles), Sunvalley (Concord)
• Colorado: Cherry Creek (Denver)
• Connecticut: Westfarms (Farmington)
• Florida: Dolphin Mall (Miami), International Plaza (Tampa), The Mall at Wellington Green (Wellington)
• Illinois: Woodfield Mall (Schaumburg)
• Michigan: Fairlane Town Center (Dearborn), Great Lakes Crossing (Auburn Hills), Twelve Oaks (Novi),
• New Jersey: The Mall at Short Hills (Short Hills)
• North Carolina: Northlake (Charlotte)
• Texas: The Shops at Willow Bend (Plano)
• Virginia: Fair Oaks Mall (Fairfax), MacArthur Center (Norfolk)
Two more tidbits of information showed up on the Official Narnia Facebook page. The first is that “Georgie Henley and Will Poulter will be on hand to introduce the Los Angeles Ice Palace and host the nationwide ceremony!” And the second piece of info gives us a hint of some of the display pieces. “Have your photo taken in the ice throne from the world of Narnia this Holiday season!”
If you are able to see one of these displays, please take pictures and send them in to us via Spy Reports!
Thanks to everyone who sent this story in!