VDT Merchandise: Book and Soundtrack News

Posted October 19, 2010 7:54 am by fantasia_kitty

We finally have some news on The Voyage of the Dawn Treader soundtrack! According to Amazon.com, it will be released on Dec. 7, 2010. No cover art or track titles yet, but hopefully that will come soon. If you wish to preorder the soundtrack, you can do so here.

Thanks to A_Narnian_Ship and Skulblaka_Shur’tugal for the heads up!

Also, HarperCollins has added some preview pages to their website from I Can Read Book 2: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Quest for the Lost Lords and I Can Read Book 2:
The Voyage of the Dawn Treader: Aboard the Dawn Treader

You can check them out here and here.

Thanks to icarus for the heads up!

• megellen says:

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees i can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Omac the centaur says:

AAAAAHHHHH!! this is going to be AWSOME!

• Purbita says:

πŸ™‚ …sooo far away…. =_="" But like everyone else, can’t wait, and can’t think of anything else to say~!

• Aslan's Meadow says:

I’m thinking the picture of Ed, Lu and Eustace is after their adventure…I wish it was better quality.
    The books looked great. I love the sills they caught.
    I CAN’T wait for the soundtrack. I’m going to get it the day it comes out!!!!

• narnian1 says:

yup, I too sense that it’s after their adventure. Love it!

• Narnia Ultimate Fan says:

this is most definitely after their adventure in Narnia. See all their shocked faces? And the picture is on the floor. Also remember in the trailer, Eustace comes into the room and pulls off the picture. There is no way this picture could have been from the beginning of the movie.

• Griffle says:

Whatever made you think that? It’s clearly from the beginning of the film, anyone can tell that. The room is full of water. πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

• Celtic Hobbit says:

Has anyone noticed yet that Ramandu might not be in the movie? I looked at IMDB and I didn’t see him listed, and I don’t recall ever seeing an announcement for who’s acting him. This may mean that they took out Ramandu! Has anyone seen any evidence that he’s in the film? GlumPuddle, Bookwyrm, what do you guys think about this? Any thoughts?

• Aslan's Meadow says:

Hello Celtic Hobbit. I know I’m not glumPuddle or Bookwyrm…but I do have a few thoughts.
      It would be amazing to have Ramandu in the movie. But you’re right, there is no casting call for him which could mean two things: 1. He isn’t in the movie or 2. He has a VERY small role.
      for example. Eustaces parents are very likely to be in the movie, we see their uncle reclining on a chair when Lucy walks in in one of the previews. Yet, they are not in the casting calls either. So we don’t know until we watch the movie. I was heading toward ‘he is not in it’ but after Lilliandil said she is Ramandu’s daughter, either she’s going to explain who Ramandu is…or he will make an appearace. And I end with the classic narnian statement….we’ll just have to wait and see.

• Awel Prince says:

I’m not either person too, but I personally wouldn’t worry about Ramandu. He had such a minor role anyways. He could easily be cut out. I mean, think about. There’s nothing he knows that RD’s daughter (I can’t remember how to spell her name) can’t tell us. But knowing how well Apted has done so far, he’ll probably be in it. We only just got to see clips of Eustace as a dragon too. πŸ™‚ I’d say patience and hope for the best.

• always narnian says:

Awel, Apted really hasn’t done very good….as far as following the book

• Abren says:

Apted…doing well???
        As far as I can see from my observations, he isn’t doing well. He’s changing and adding and getting things wrong left and right, he’s recycling dead characters, he even mentioned himself that he thought the storyline wasn’t dramamtic enough (and then compared it to star wars and harry potter…*cringe*)and, if that isn’t slapping us Narnia fans enough, he insults the previous movies ("they’re just Lord of the Rings cash-ins") (not that LotR is bad, but Narnia has some of its own pride, excuse me very much)
        Please no one give me any "just be obtimistic" speech. I have tried. Believe me, I have tried.

• dramaticalmama says:

Michael Apted has done a terrible job! He changed Eddie Izzard and look at what he did to the script! Lilliandil a blue fairy?! She’s not even supposed to be a star! Andrew Adamson is much better and I personally think that Prince Caspian was better than LWW. Sorry if I’ve offended you, but this is just my personal opinion. I’m not saying that my opinion is judgemental, of course.

• Glumpuddle says:

Do look at me, how should I know.

I think Celtic Hobbit means the other glumPuddle, the one with the Puddleglum feet as his avatar who does podcasts on Narniaweb and videos on Youtube. You’re not him, are you? πŸ™‚

• Dustfinger says:

Yeah, I agree. I hope we’re wrong about this, but it does look like they may replace Ramandu with another character (such as the Star’s daughter) or they may take his character out altogether. I don’t like that idea!

• Murtaghluv says:

Awesome Picture. Love how there all look like "well i didn’t want it to end"

• DamselJillPole says:

It’s about time we heard something about the soundtrack! But I wanted track names! They should be out by now!

• Duffleglum says:

That picture is so beautiful… stunning

Like the pictures. πŸ™‚ Can’t wait for the little books to be out in stores so I can browse them. Maybe there will be more pictures and spoilers. But I was really hoping they were going to make a movie companion. I was planning to buy it this time around. I guess it’s just not happening, but it’s too bad. πŸ™

• sir jack says:

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan’t Wait!!!
    and I love that pikture of ed, lu and eustace, having kome back to englang again..

• sir jack says:

Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan’t Wait!!!
    and I love that picture of ed, lu and eustace, having kome back to englang again..

• sir jack says:

ehm.. sorry first of all I didn’t mean to send it twice, second of all it’s supposed to say:
      Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan’t Wait!!!
      and I love that picture of ed, lu and eustace, having come back to england again..

• always narnian says:

Ah funny picture! πŸ™‚ Even though I am really angry I can’t wait to see VODT

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

That is one day after my birthday! πŸ™‚

• Pepper Darcy says:

wow, so weird seeing Eustace looking… *nice*!

• Twinimage says:

Excellent! Can’t wait to hear what the new score is going to sound like!
    Something positive to take from these books, it appears that they are focusing on finding the lost lords, and not saving Narnia from impending doom. πŸ™‚
    Of course that doesn’t mean much for the film, this could be loosely based on the movie’s plot.

• Aslans-mane says:

I CANT WAIT!!!!! I think im going to pre-order it!

• TrueNarnianWithWill says:

REALLY CAN’T WAIT! ! ! ! ! ! least i only gotta wait until the premiere :DDDD I really want to know sountrack names and i am so buying that CD!!! πŸ™‚

• Eavis says:

Oh, I love this picture. First thing in a long time I’ve been whole-heartedly excited about. But everything in it looks great, and the connotations…*shivers* now I’m waiting with great anticipation…

• Fire vein says:

Sweat!!

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

I see there are some Inheritance Cycle fans like me on Narniaweb too. πŸ™‚

• QueenLucy12 says:

Wow!!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO Getting The CD!!!! Can’t Wait! Plus LOVE The Pictures!!!

i am definately going to get the soundtrack! or maybe even ask for it at Christmas πŸ˜€
    those pictures from the I Can Read books are great! the one of Caspian is a great shot of him, and all the pictures of the ship are so beautiful!

• Glumpuddle says:

What do I look like, the Narnia now it all?

• Queen Elizabeth says:

I just have to say that Ed’s hair cracks me up in this pic. I love him, but he needs to put his bangs down like when he is on the dawn treader. or that scnene where he’s rowing the boat through the lillies, that looked nice lol. πŸ™‚

• narnianheart says:

i really like that picture. I can’t wait to hear the soundtrack.

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Ooooo! Can’t wait for the soundtrack to come out! I hope the music’s good. . .

• jill says:

What great set design, really, really great, so excited.

• Sleeping Beauty says:

I hope they’ll make a song as good as "the call" from Caspian for the VDT soundtrack (;

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

YAYAYYAYYA! But, uh, I’m guessing this picture is from the end of the movie when they get back to London. Wouldn’t you think? Why would it be on the floor?

• Pepper Darcy says:

yeah, probably. And you know what else? they *probably* filmed it right after or even BEFORE the wrenched the picture off the wall. So those two scenes when they get to Narnia and when they’re back from Narnia were probably filmed back to back =D

Poor Lu looks so distressed and ‘out’ of it! πŸ™

• Pepper Darcy says:

personally, I’m hoping for something by Enya at the end! πŸ˜€ It’d be so awesome! Something like Caribbean Blue *in feel* or Orinoco Flow ‘sail away, sail away, sail away!’ The sea/water/blue feeling of those two songs would so fit Narnia.

• NarnianRebel says:

Awe, poor Lucy. She looks like she’s going to cry.

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

OMG that pic must be from the end of the movie, when they come back…why else would Lu look so sad? She was the closest to Narnia and to Aslan and she’s just been told she won’t come back πŸ™ πŸ™

I think I’m going to cry at the end of this movie, in all honesty.

And pre-ordering the soundtrack?! MUST…NOT…SPEND…MONEY…

• Roxanne says:

haha ohh she does look sad πŸ™ i think i might cry too, but im not sure because ill be so happy to see the movie haha.
        i cannot wait for the soundtrack

• Casue says:

My little cousin had all the LWW and PC books!
    The pics look great! I love the Dawn Treader, it’s so beautiful.
    I love all the soundtracks and i can’t wait

• silent warrior Trinity-hawkeye291 says:

I CAN’T WAIT TO BUY THE TICKETS AND SOUNDTRACK!!!!!!!!!
    I AM A SAVED A LOT OF MONEY,NOT SPENDING IT……..I AM GOING TO BUY THE SOUNDTRACK! PLEASE TELL ME OF WHEN THE SOUNDTRACK WILL BE RELEASE?

• QStheG says:

well..why we’ll buy soundtracks??We can download from the net..it’s more cheaper..

TOTALLY WANNA BUY IT!!!!!!!!! I ALSO LOVE THAT PIC…IT’S PROBABLY THEM RIGHT AFTER THEY’VE COME BACK…

• Roxanne says:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! soooo excited!!!!!!d this is one of the best parts of the movie coming out!! i listen to the narnia soundtracks pretty much everyday πŸ˜€ <3

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry