A New Version of the Aslan in a Snowstorm Poster on IMDB

Posted November 1, 2010 2:02 pm by Bookwyrm

Thanks to a spy report from The Archenlander, we’ve located another new poster for you to view. It seems to be only a vertical version of the previous Aslan poster, minus the row of characters at the bottom.

• Pepper Darcy says:

neat!! 😀 I love aslan. Every time i see a lion, i get the urge to rush up and throw my arms around him! 🙂

• wolfloversk says:

Um I don’t think that would be a good idea… 😉

• Pepper Darcy says:

yeah, unfortunately all the lions in the wild and at the zoo are TOO tame for THAT. I’d have to find a lion who was NOT tame 🙂 I’ll just go to Narnia… as soon as my Dawn Treader painting above my desk starts spewing out water… *ahem* (waits patiently with an *IMPATIENT* glare at the picture… hands folded on desk, staring)… man, I wish I could throw my arms around a lion… 🙁

haha Pepper Darcy! i love that 😀

• always narnian says:

Hahahah Pepper.. I’m coming too. (RIGHT!??!?!?! I am ALWAYS NARNIAN AFTER ALL!) Hahaha….I love your dawn treader painting it is pretty 🙂
        I rush to grab the painting off the wall and you try to stop me and then we both get sucked into Narnia…good idea 😉

• The White Wizard says:

Ha, ha, thats funny! 😀

• Aslan's Country says:

I’m so with you!! When you get called to Narnia,take me with you man,I wanna go too!!

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

Oh, take me with you! But yes, I want to hug a lion too. Every time I see my posters of Aslan, I can’t help but pat his face. And to tell you the truth, I am always tapping the back of my wardrobe. LOL!

• Pepper Darcy says:

of course I can take ya guys! 🙂 Ha ha! I always open up every wardrobe I can for ‘just in case’ 🙂

• Queen Elizabeth says:

Good luck getting to Narnia, call me if when you get the call! 🙂 I wish I could show you guys my backyard. The garden and the woods look just like Narnia.

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

Best one so far!

• Trek44 says:

Can I get a, "Whoop, Whoop!"

• wolfloversk says:

I’d say its my 2nd fav

• Queen Elizabeth says:

Just to let yall know there are some great VDT stills at Movie Insider .com they also have all the trailers and some clips.

• DamselJillPole says:

I think it’s pretty! And it reminds people of the first movie. This is great advertising, just no more Peter and Susan Fox!!

• Duffleglum says:

Hate it.
    If I’ve said it once, I’ve said it a million times:
    These people know better than to copy LWW’s snow theme.
    They can do much more neat stuff with ocean water if they thought outside the box.

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

I agree with you… It would be a great LWW poster, but since it is VDT it doesn’t fit; I still like it though!

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

Yes, I agree with that too. I don’t hate it, but I think water would be much more apropriate.

• Nick says:

Unfortunately, we sort of have to wait till the movie comes out to say whether or not this is LWW or VDT material. Once again, I have to make the connection of the green mist to the White Witch.

I would suggest this "green mist" is a very clever connection between the White Witch & the Lady of the Green Kurtle. Both are of the same race, and I think this "green mist" connects the two. We might be seeing snow & mist as metaphors of evil. So I think the connection to snow is justified.

• Caspian XI says:

Awesome!!! =D

• The Archenlander says:

whoo! that was my first spy report! i think this poster is the best out of all of them. and the coloring on this is way better than the soundtrack…even though it is the same image!

• TumnusTheBrave says:

lol maybe its just me but in this picture of aslan he looks like hes fusterated or sad

• Shy Galadriel says:

Is no one noticing it’s kind of just screaming, "HEY! REMEMBER THE LION THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE!! YEAH THAT ONE! THE ONE WITH THE LION AND THE SNOW!!! THERE’S ANOTHER ONE! YOU SHOULD COME AND SEE IT!" I’m not saying it’s identical or anything, but it’s just… Screaming LWW. I’m sure I’ll feel better once I forgive them for the "you’re so beautiful" line.

• Josh says:

I think its a beautiful poster. Too bad its advertising the wrong movie.

• Aslan's Girl says:

Well, even though it is too resemblant of LWW in my opinion, I think for all the non-fans it’ll be a good memory jerker. I mean, that was what 5, 6 years ago? Maybe this, combined with other posters and such, will plant a Narnia seed in their brains so that they’ll remember the first one and think of the new one in a similar light? That’s my best optimistic theory… Well, anyhoo, I like him better in this one! He looks better somehow. I wish they’d lose the snow. But, I’m guessing there’s some snowy significance besides just deja vu of LWW-after all, we’ve seen snow in the trailers and been like "huh"? and I really don’t think they’d randomly put snow in there unless it had some sort of substantial significance (though I wouldn’t put it past them…)

Well, anyway, aside from its significance to marketing and such, I like it 🙂 New ipod background!!

• MinotaurforAslan says:

Looks like a poster for LWW.

• coracle says:

Is it, perhaps, related to the Magic Book scene where there is a snowfall indoors? Perhaps Aslan will appear to Lucy in a picture in it?

• wild rose says:

The lion is great, and the best Aslan that I have seen so far of the VoDT posters, but what’s up with the snow, you’d think they were advertising LWW.

• The Bulgy Bear says:

ATTENTION: If you look closely, you’ll see that that’s actually not snow; they’re stars!

still not sure how i feel about the snow…

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry