Dawn Treader Soundtrack Listings Released

Posted November 5, 2010 6:17 am by wisewoman

The soundtrack listings for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader have been released! Amazon is listing the tracks as follows:

1. Opening Titles
25. Liliandill And Dark Island
26. The Calm Before The Storm
27. Into Battle
28. Sweet Water
29. Ship To Shore
30. Time To Go Home

The score, which was composed by David Arnold, is available for preorder here and will be released on December 7, 2010. Thanks Pepper Darcy for the alert!

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Sweet Water!!! 🙂

• Reep14 says:

awsome. now we know some of the storyline!

• Aslan's Meadow says:

It does show some of it…but why would they only have ‘1st sword’? Seams like they woul have another song refering to at least one other sword. Interesting. Glad there isn’t a song titled ‘Lost Souls of Dark Island’ that would have freaked me out. And what does Lilliandil and the Dark Island have anything to do with each other? A couple other quesitons too, but will spare the poor Narniawebers. (like ‘into battle’). Can’t wait, sure it will sound beautiful.

• Reepicheep says:

The song "The Calm Before the storm" might mean "The Calm Before Dark Island". "Into Battle" might mean the sea serphant. I heard The Sea Serphant was IN dark island!

• Pepper Darcy says:

Wow. That was stinkin’ fast. It hasn’t even been an hour since I sent that in! *blinks*

My first reaction to track Lucy’s Temptation: I thought: ‘hmm, Ithilwen’s temptation…’ *does double take* wha? Oh… Temptation of LUCY…’ (I have a chapter in my book that has a similar chapter name 🙂

Sweet water! YAY!

Looks like I don’t have to get Carrie’s song with this! YES!!!

• TumnusTheBrave says:

maybe when lucy is tempted to be beautiful like susan

• Pepper Darcy says:

I’m guessing that Reepi Cheep is a typo. Unless it has something to do with the storyline like Reep Vs Eustace

• Bother Eustace says:

I noticed there are quite a few typos… "Berne" instead of "Bern," "Coraikin" instead of "Coriakin." And I’m hoping beyond hope that "High King" is supposed to be just "King"… but that seems unlikely. :\

These seem to be only the scores… no credit music included? Interesting.

• Bother Eustace says:

Oh, and one other typo – "Liliandill" instead of "Lilliandil."

• Pepper Darcy says:

yeah, I noticed the insanity of all the typos 🙂

I *DEFINATELY* think that the track goes with that scene. I was just mixing it up with *MY* book… I come up with a perfect chapter name or a perfect idea (i.e. and then I watch a movie and it’s already taken… 🙁

wow! 30 songs! thats the biggest soundtrack i’ve ever seen! how exciting!

• Bother Eustace says:

I know, it’s huge! Even bigger than the Lost Soundtrack.

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

I’m SO excited!! It is going to be AWESOME!!!

• Reepicheep says:

I have A soundtrack that has more titles. That means every song is short and not all soundtracks have this but It has every little son in the movie. sometimes it only shows the main parts’ songs.

• TumnusTheBrave says:

are they going to use reepicheeps song…the one about the utter east

Interesting… I notice that the Green Mist has its own song, and Edmund and Lucy are called "High King and Queen of Narnia". Like the "Sweet Water" though. 🙂

Can’t wait to hear the music! I hope they have samples soon.

• Addym says:

It really bugs me, that Edmund is suddenly called as High King. Peter is the only High King.

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

I hate that too! It’s stupid. It seems that Apted thinks that there always needs to have a "High King" in Narnia. That is SO lame!

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

that’s MR Apted to you, whippersnapper- let’s see YOU bring us a narnia movie if it’s so easy

• jordanjay29 says:

How do you know they’re not talking about a Caspian/Lucy scene?

• WarriorOfNarnia says:

What do you mean by "Caspian/Lucy" scene?

• Eustace says:

Well, even if they are talking about Caspian and Lucy(ewww!), then Caspian is not the High King. Edmund even points it out Caspian is underallegiance to the High King who is Peter.

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Dude, guys, don’t get so worried! Amason is kinda dum, so they probably screwed up or something. Don’t worry! We’ll really see what happens whe it comes out. Besides, they might change a few track names anyway.

• QueenLucytheValient says:

Awesome!!!!

• narnialover101 says:

Can’t wait for some soundtrack clips!!!

• Rilian says:

Awwww man! High King and Queen? Don’t they understand that Peter is the only high king?

And this confirms what I suspected: Coriakin’s island comes before dragon island.

• Nick says:

I have the two other soundtracks, and cannot wait to get this one! Most interesting track to me is "Duel." Would this be Eustace’s & Reepicheep’s duel that technically never happened?

And "The Calm before the Storm"+"The Battle" sounds epic!

• daughter of the King says:

"The Green Mist"?? Seems a tad unoriginal.

I suppose we can assume that this list is the actual order of the scenes in the movie? If so, then the credits will be first, not later during a journey sequence like the last two.

Other than all of the typos and the Mist getting its own track this listing is not too surprising based on everything else we’ve heard. But even with all of that I am eagerly anticipating hearing the score.

• Queen Susan the Gentle says:

These sound awesome! Can’t wait to hear them!

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Is anyone else surprised by how many tracks there are? I don’t think there were nearly as many for the first two soundtracks.

• Cindy says:

Why isn’t this composed by Harry Gregson-Williams? I loved his score from LWW and PC, especially The Battle. 🙁

• Melanie says:

Ooh! That’s a lot of tracks. I can’t wait til it’s released! 😀

• David Sutton says:

I have heard the soundtrack. Track 9 is the best! I love that scene because of the spectacular soundtrack.

• Jill Pole says:

Sh*t. That’s a lot of tracks… I’m especially excited for the Temptation of Edmund. I have heard snippets of that track and I can’t wait to here the whole thing… 🙂 Ahhh!

• LL says:

Temptation of Edmund ?? NOOOO !!!!

( It better be a quick track ) LOL !

Who is this Mr. Cheep?

Didn’t you know that’s Reep’s new name? They thought it’d be more distinguished for him to have a surname. 😉

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

This looks awesome! Can’t wait for the soundtrack to come out so I can have it with my LWW and PC soundtracks! 😀 The cover looks awesome! Aslan looks beautiful! Man is it long. That is the longest soundtrack I’ve ever seen!

• Pepper Darcy says:

technically, the LotR complete recordings might be one of the longest soundtracks 🙂 But this is definately long and I’m excited that it’s so long! 😀

• Caspian says:

That’s a looooooooooooooong list. 🙂 15 compared to 30…I’m so buying this.

• Narnian Meerkat says:

GOSH! All you guys are just so psyched on how long the list is, and, to be honest with all of you, the tracks are probably going to be pretty short anyway. Mostly depends on how expensive the soundtrack is.

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

notice the tracks with stars mentioned- that may be more proof that’s stars around aslan, not snow on the cd cover

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

maybe Duel refers to edmund and caspian goofing around with the swords when he first gets on board

• Liberty Hoffman says:

sweet! so cool! 30 tracks! yay! more than PC and LWW had! yes! awesome!

• IAmSusan says:

My first reaction. *WOW!* Thats a lot of tracks! My guess is that the tracks might be shorter then LWW and PC was, but that’s ok. It looks amazing!

• Mina says:

You guys keep refering to Edmund and saying that it’s incorrect that he’s the High King. Perhaps that track really does have something to do with Peter and Susan as they fit the description of High King and Queen of Narnia…especially if this is out of order as a few have mentioned.

• Bookwyrm says:

Yeah, maybe it’s the music from some sort of Peter and Susan in America scene. I certainly hope it isn’t referring to Edmund.

• Mina says:

I’m thinking it just refers to Peter and Susan. The track Kings and Queens of Old on the PC score was actually used when Caspian was talking about how he was running away from Miraz.

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Wooooow, coooooooool. . .!!!!!! Man that’s alot of tracks! Longer than any Narnia film ever had! It’s almost as long as The Horse Whisperer soundtrack! Awesome! But, ther’re probably going to be pretty short anyway. I love also how they have serious sounding tracks too. 🙂 I really hope that this movie won’t be disappointing and it will be real good. I’m not expecting it be be worse, or better, just at least good. 🙂 Can’t wait till the soundtrack and movie come out! 🙂

(Ooooooooo. . .Temptation of Edmund. . .Now THAT sounds pretty interesting. . .)

• Noogah says:

I have an extremely rare seventy-two track version of TLWW soundtrack, ripped from a DVD. Don’t bother looking for it. You won’t find it anywhere.

But, as far as official film scores go, this is gargantuan!

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

SWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• TrueNarnianWithWill says:

hmm… lotta tracks! They all sound pretty good but i am buying the CD after i watch it (AT THE PREMIERE!!!!!!!) because i want to hear it in the movie first…

• Evan Morgan says:

I like "Under the Stars." It seems magical. This will be a great soundtrack and the movie will be great! Be optimistic, everyone(:

• Scarlet13 says:

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• WarriorMaiden says:

Yay! Way more tracks on this than the previous CD’s! There’s was always this one part from LWW from the waterfall bit that they neglected to put on the soundtrack and it was one of my favorite parts so I can only hear it in the movie. 🙁 I keep having that happen with movies where I like a theme and it’s not on the soundtrack. Anyway, with this many tracks, maybe that won’t happen with VDT. 🙂

• Peepicheep says:

I can’t wait until I listen to them all.

LOVE THEM ALL!!!!!!! except…for "High King and Queen of Narnia…" ed and lucy aren’t high king and queen!!!

• Alambil and Tarvis says:

LOL Amazon ALWAYS misspells track names. I bought the Mp3 of the ‘Legend of the Guardians’ soundtrack from them and it spelled "St. Aggie’s" as "St. Aggles" 😛

Anyway…THIS IS TWICE AS LONG AS THE LWW and PC SOUNDTRACKS!! EPIC WIN!! I can’t wait to hear Reep’s theme. I wonder if there will be a special theme for Caspian and Lilliandil…aww 🙂

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry