New TV Spot – “Beware. You are all about to be Tested.”

Posted December 7, 2010 2:46 pm by fantasia_kitty

There’s a new TV Spot for The Voyage of the Dawn Treader that’s popped up on YouTube. I couldn’t tell you which number it is, I’ve completely lost track. But there is one shot in it that I haven’t seen yet. At the end of the commercial, some kind of weapon is fired at the sea serpent. Lucy’s arrow? A harpoon? You can check it out on YouTube here or on the video below.

Thanks to Grant Wilson for the heads up!

• GlimGlum says:

Let’s hope this spot influences some more people to see the movie. Sail on VDT! 🙂

• Jill Pole says:

I do hope so, this spot was also shown on Monday Night Football, and we know how many people watch that 🙂 *wink*

• Daniel James says:

Hey Fantasia, just to let you know, this should be TV spot 11.

Haha yeah, it’s so hard to keep track of them!

• skandargirl_95 says:

actually watched it already…the movie, I mean…and it. was TOTALLY WICKED!!!! 😀 they showed it early here, so YAY!!! I tell you, it is WORTH spending your money to watch it again and again and again…though they DID really make differences…I’m not gonna spoil anybody’s day here, so I tell you to JUST WATCH THE MOVIE TO SEE WHAT I MEAN :))

• sean says:

please, please, please, with all my heart please tell me a description of susan and peters scenes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ive asked so many people who have seen the movie already and they wont tell me amd i cant see the movie in the theaters cause im so gosh poor please im begging you they are my favourite characters!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Kotarki says:

It is a more masculine trailer rather than fantastical, I saw in on MNF as well. Good spot to put it.

• Tribunal says:

What is that thing at the end that’s flying towards the serpent?

• Queen C The Gentle says:

It looks like Lucy’s/Susan’s arrow…

• Tribunal says:

Ah, ok. Took a look at it and now makes sense. At first glance it seemed like a huge object flying in the air, didn’t think it was a close up of an arrow.

• Mina says:

So Edmund inheirts the title of High King and Lucy get’s Susan’s bow, arrows, and quiver? That’s how they’ve got it looking now…

• Leoaica says:

Edmund does not become the high king, but does get Peter’s sword for a while, and Lucy gets Susan’s bow as well.

• Mina says:

Caspian introduces them as King Edmund the Just and Queen Lucy the Valiant, High King and Queen of Narnia. That’s what it was on the B-Roll…

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

If that turns out it is Lucy’s arrow, she should have fought in the battle in Prince Caspian. In her days of Queen, Lucy also fought with a bow in the Battle of Anvard. In some other TV spot I have on my camera( not great quality), it seems that Lucy defeats the WW with an arrow she shoots. Then again, the Caspian trailer showed that Susan apparently knocked down the ice wall, but she didn’t.

that 3-D shot is really cool with the dragon. Hey! i saw a TV spot yesterday that had Lucy’s line of "When you grow up, i want you to be just like you" that she says to Gael, along with a quick shot of her putting her arm around Gael. it was very sweet, and i was like "aww!" 😛

• NarniaQueen411 says:

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!! I am sooo excited. Cant wait to see it on Saturday!

it looks like one of susan’s arrows that was fired at the dragon ( because of the red feather thingy on the back).

• faunforaslan says:

Sweetness! Love the shot of Lucy’s arrow!

• Queen Elizabeth says:

Seen it all!!!

• Michael says:

hmmmmm…I’m not sure what is fired at the end. Caspian says "READY, NOW!!!" Maybe a bunch of them shoot arrows at the sea serpent and the clip at the end shows one of the arrows..idk. Also right before you see whatever is being shot, there is a clip of Lucy with an arrow ready but also what looks like Caspian throwing something. 0:47-0:50 is the time frame for Caspian throwing something and Lucy with her arrow ready.

• simplyphilly says:

Did you notice that in pretty much all the Narnia movies, they have a close-up of an arrow?
      ex.
      LWW: During the battle.
      PC: When Caspian was running away from the soldiers in the forest.
      VDT: Dragon fight.

• Leoaica says:

Bear in mind, trailers splice together different scenes into one. The starting shot could be an arrow and the ending a lance. Just saying… I’m already giving too much away 😀

• simplyphilly says:

Remember how before someone said they had seen a tv spot with Edmund being grabbed up by the dragon? Please correct me if I’m mistaken, but I just saw him being grabbed up by the dragon in this video. Anyways, awesome clips!

• NarnianRebel says:

Awsome! 3 more days!!!!!!!! I’m going to see it with some friends of mine! Sooo Happy!

• wolfloversk says:

Actually there are quite a few new shots, at least new to me, not sure if I like this one better than tem or not, they are both so awesome!!!

• Pepper Darcy says:

It was Lucy’s arrow. I saw the red fletching 🙂

Wow, that must have been some of the sneek peak stuff I missed Sunday morning 🙂 ABC? Yep, must have been. It was similar to the T.V. spot I saw 17 times Saturday. Similar but not quite 🙂

• Edson07bs says:

I loved it, but I think I will hate the green mist thing

• Azon says:

Watching the channel right now, in the hope that I will see this! Love it soooooo much. About 10 years of waiting have come down to 3 days! Aslan be Praised!

• lilims says:

That’s the tv spot they were giving on food network and discovery channel 😛

• Reepicheep says:

All the TV spots keep saying ‘IN 3D’. But the 3D is a bit so-so.

• Leoaica says:

I wanna see the 3D just because I’ve already seen 2D hehe… I hear they add more character extras if nothing else

• Mayor Wilkins says:

I love the shot from the White Witch’s back with her floating hair.
    I know it sounds weird, but one of my favorite parts of her "Prince Caspian" cameo was the way her digital CG hair kept moving and floating behind her. Awesome effect.

• SL says:

SO awesome! Cannot wait, *sigh*
    Just two more days, people! ^^

• Footnote says:

Look again at the video. I could be blind as an Underland bat, but that "weapon" thingy looks almost like a bird; like….an albatross? Oh please tell me they didn’t do THAT!!!It’s bad enough that Tilda the Undead is still in the series, let alone mutilating the role of the albatross!

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!!!