‘Dawn Treader’ Combo Pack Releasing in the UK

Posted February 15, 2011 1:41 pm by Glumpuddle

Blu-ray.com is reporting that The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader will be releasing in the United Kingdom on April 18 as a “Triple Play Combo Pack” which includes the Blu-ray, DVD, and Digital Copy.

Special Features:

• Serpent Discovery
    • Portal to Narnia: A Painting Comes to Life
    • Good vs. Evil: Battle on the Sea
  • Goldwater Island
    • Explore Goldwater Island
    • Dragon Discovery
    • Music Video: Carrie Underwood, “There’s a Place for Us”
    • International Music Videos
  • UPDATE: More new cover art…

• Michael says:

Sounds pretty cool!!! But I don’t know if blu-ray is necessary. I don’t think blu-ray has been that succesful. When does it come out in Canada?

• Griffle says:

What do you base that on? All the figures I’ve seen have showed that Blu-ray is growing bigger and bigger each year. I’m sure there is a separately released DVD copy that you can buy instead if you want to skip the BD though. As for when it’s released in Canada: Amazon.ca is selling all three versions with a release date set for April 8.

• Michael says:

It was a rumor i heard that it wasn’t that popular. Also I don’t think that many of the people I know have blu-ray players. Thank you for letting me know about the release date in Canada. πŸ™‚

• Princess Lucy says:

i was wondering…well this may sound silly the question…i have always used and bought DVD’s but haven’t actually bought a bluray…what is it exactly…and all these features above..does it appear in both Dvd and blurray..thanxs πŸ˜‰

• samuel says:

@Princess Lucy, most likely all of the features listed will not be on the DVD, but most will be on the blu-ray. Blu-ray is basically like DVD’s big brother. Where DVDs introduced high quality digital picture and sound, Blu-ray is able to store and display High Quality High definition video, and higher quality 7.1 surround sound. While DVDs introduced some interactivity into home entertainment with animated menus and some small games, Blu-ray creates menus and special features that can play without interrupting your movie, as well as fully interactive games.

On the technical end blu-ray discs are able to store up to 10 times more than DVD discs. In simple terms an mp3 cd should be able to store about 600 minutes of music, an mp3 dvd about 32,000 minutes of music, and an mp3 blu-ray well over of 200,000 minutes of music. (based on a 1mb to 1 minute ratio)

And because blu-ray player play Dvd’s as well you don’t have to re buy your whole movie collection.

• Princess Lucy says:

oh thankyou soo much samuel…i understand alot more now hehe…wow Blurays are pretty cool actually….with alot more features..even better than the 2 DvD dic editions…i was wondering can we play blurays on dvd players..thanks HEAPS πŸ™‚

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

no, you have to have a special blu ray player. Playstation 3 gaming system also plays blurays.

• Princess Lucy says:

thanxs heaps High Queene Shelly Belly…hehe…most appreciated..hmmm now i have to make a big decision…get the dvd or bluray…which one you guys are getting hehe..;)

• Beginte says:

I don’t think Blu-ray is some huge hit. I have a player, but most of the people I know don’t, and I rarely buy Blu-ray films, VoDT will be my 5th.

VERY IMPORTANT! Please, someone answer, is this triple play combo available on Amazon? Is it the same thing that pops out on your Amazon (the UK one) when you type in "Voyage of the Dawn Treader" in "DVD and Blu-ray"? I don’t live in UK but have Region 2 players, and soooo much want to have this pack! Please someone help how can I get it?

• Queen Elizabeth says:

We rented some BlueRays and they are not all that they’re cracked up to be. They look exactly the same as regualr DVD’s, the quality is the same. I think people just want to make money.

• Beginte says:

In the picture quality department I have to disagree – I see major difference between DVD and Blu-ray, on BR I can count hairs on people’s heads, as well as the original picture is over 3000 pcs in width (or was it height?), it’s enormous quality. But the differences between DVD and Blu-ray vary depending on your monitor/screen.

As per my earlier question, I see that it appears the triple play is the same thing I’ve been looking at on Amazon, the ‘new’ cover art here has been on Amazon for ages, unless those still are two different products… *is thoughtful*

• LL says:

oh my aslan…

• ~DaughterOfEve~ says:

It seems like the UK will have more special features than the USA version! Slightly jealous…

• Susanofgp says:

So is this just a more detailed list of the blu-ray disc? The "triple play" thing sounds the same as the blu-ray edition we heard about before… The islands idea looks cool. Kinda sad there’s no Alsan’s Country!

• Susanofgp says:

This is the UK version… right. But the US version still has the islands menu.

Disc 1: Theatrical Feature Blu-ray Dawn Treader
      # Magician’s Island
      # Ramandu’s Island
      # Lone Islands
      # The Dark Island
      # Goldwater Island
      Disc 2: Theatrical Feature DVD
      Disc 3: Digital Copy

(from Amazon)

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

that’s cause we don’t know what aslan’s country looks like yet! not till the last battle movie anyway-LOL

• Bethany Weathers says:

Still no bloopers though… Sad.

• Griffle says:

I suspect the "Seasick Gag Reel" might be an easter egg and that that’s why it’s not listed. We’ll see.

• Not Of This World says:

What’s an easter egg?

• Not Of This World says:

I think there should be some kind of dvd/blueray player that you can put either one in and then I could get this. But wee just have an old dvd player πŸ™

• Not Of This World says:

I did not just hit reply on that second coment. ERROR!!!!!

• The Inscrutable Rutabaga says:

An easter egg on a dvd is a hidden bonus feature πŸ™‚

• Peter's BFF says:

Not of this world,

And Easter egg is a small video on YouTube that the company puts on the internet instead of the DVD. Don’t ask me why, I wasn’t the one to come up with it! πŸ˜‰

• Not Of This World says:

Thank you guys for the definition!

• Matt Wills says:

Re combo Blu-ray and DVD: All blu-ray players will also play DVDs and CDs, as well as many other disk formats. Moreover, they upscale DVD content to squeeze the best possible picture out. A good one costs about Β£100 here in the UK, although I’ve seen well-known brands retail for as little as Β£60. The limiting factor for most people is the resolution of their TV. With a CRT or even a 720p Hi-res set, you won’t notice any/much difference. With 1080 resolution, especially at larger screen sizes or sitting close to, Blu-ray comes into its own. The cost of these sets is coming down apace: in fact I can’t imagine that manufacturers will produce anything else before too long.

• Not Of This World says:

Yes we just saw a commercial for Blue Ray on the DVD Secreteriate (by the way AWESOME movie) and it sais it does both DVD and Blueray. Thank yoy for your help!

• WilliamMOseleyand Skandarcrush says:

i know, i’m VERY disappointed. But perhaps when dvd comes to where we live, they’ll have bloopers!

• WilliamMOseleyand Skandarcrush says:

Griffle, what’s the "Seasick Gag Reel"

• Griffle says:

Oh, sorry…The "Seasick Gag Reel" is a feature that was listed among the extras on Narniafans and Aslan’s Country. "Gag Reel" is another word (so to speak) for Bloopers (also known as Outtakes on some DVDs/BDs)

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Maybe there’s no bloopers because they never messed up. lol

• Praying Pevensie says:

Sweet.

uhhh……bloopers?

• Hwin says:

I might want this. . . I still do not see anything about a commentary with the actors/actresses which is quite disappointing.

• Ionic Bonding Rocks says:

Wow, this actually way more special features than I anticipated. I’m especially excited about the deleted scenes and the international music videos! Wish there was an actors’ commentary, though. And there’s still hope for the bloopers, right?

• Reepicheep says:

Still no sign of bloopers!!!

• Queen C The Gentle says:

Really cool…Hey does anyone know anything about Locked In which was Ben Barnes movie?Did it really show in the U.S. besides the U.K.? And if the dvd is coming out?

• WilliamMOseleyand Skandarcrush says:

i’ve never heard of it!! it sounds like a thriller or something, "Locked In!"

• reepicheep's_fangirl says:

sorry, never heard of it. sounds really cool, though! πŸ™‚

• Queen C The Gentle says:

Well has anyone heard of it?! I have to see it, it’s really good! Thanks anyway,WandS Crush and reepsfangirl.

• midnightmoon says:

@Queen C the gentle
        Actually, Locked In hasn’t even been released yet,so I guess nobody’s seen it. But you can read more about the movie over at Ben Barnes Fan.com it’s an awesome site.

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

yes he plays an american and has an american accent! he plays the father of a small boy. they filmed it in boston. I think his wife is killed -it’s a thriller. can’t wait to see it, they filmed it a year or two ago.

• Queen Emilie says:

this is all good and all but when are we gonna here some real news? for example if there’s going to be another fil. right now i think the’re stalling to see if they can get anymore money from this!

• reepicheep's_fangirl says:

i want it!!!! but i’m not in the UK πŸ™

• couragson says:

I think all you need to know about VDT movie is here. deleted scenes, additional scenes, interviews, the making. this cd pack is fantastic!

• ChristProclamer says:

This looks…better than earlier reports. I hope they have the 3-combo pack available outside the UK.

• elton says:

i think it will be great

• Kelly says:

Well, it sounds awesome & I live in the UK but I don’t have a Blu-ray player. πŸ™ Oh well, at least the DVD comes out on my birthday. πŸ™‚

• QueenLucy says:

Narniafans.com has the official cover art for this triple play pack. It looks much better and no white witch!!!!!!!!:)

• claireyy says:

awesome. cool. too bad i don’t have a blu ray player : (

• ajSilver X says:

Very nice and cool!!! hope that the dawn treader will issue this triple play combo pack in all countries! Can’t wait to have it! Hoping to see Silver Chair in theaters soon!

• reepicheep's_fangirl says:

I’m getting more and more scared that there’s going to be a post with the title "Narnia Movies Being Discontinued", just yesterday i heard that Fox dropped the movies. i guess that’s old news, i’m not sure. πŸ™

• samuel says:

Where did you hear this? I did a search on google, and Box office mojo says nothing about fox dropping narnia

• Ionic Bonding Rocks says:

WHAT??? Sorry, I can’t beieve this. They would have something on NarniaWeb, surely. Until I hear otherwise, I’m going to assume your information is from a false source. Man, reepicheep’s_fangirl, you sure know how to give a Narniac a scare!

• reepicheep's_fangirl says:

i know, guys. a friend told me, and i said the same exact things. i’m not sure where to start looking to see if this info is false….
      really, though, after all THIS, i think it’s pretty clear Narnia’s future isn’t lookin to hot. πŸ™

• samuel says:

In your opinion it’s looking bad for narnia, and you may be right, but please before you start spreading the news please, please research your information, google is a good place to start, If there is a press release (which there should be) it should come up top if you search "narnia shelved" or something like that, Box Office Mojo is another excellent web source of movie information, as well the grand-daddy of them all IMDB.com. Please just don’t start or perpetuate any rumours without first checking out there claim

• reepicheep's_fangirl says:

i’m sorry, samuel, and anybody else who was bothered by this. I didn’t mean to spread "rumors" or anything like that at all, and i apologize for whatever problems this caused. thanks for the websites, maybe i’ll check them out. πŸ™‚

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

I heard the opposite.

• Queen Elizabeth says:

They had bloopers for the other two, and now with all these new characters there are bound to be some laughs, hence BLOOPERS!

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

Cheers to a new cover with no White Witch!

• Shastafan says:

Hm, very nice. I like the look of the features, but I’m still hoping for a commentary with the cast and a blooper reel (I’m an American, though, so I guess I wouldn’t be able to get this anyway. I’m liking it! πŸ˜€

Although they thankfully took off the WW on the cover, I’m still a bit confused to why they have even dared to put the dragon instead. Eustace must be pretty popular if he’s on the cover twice…

• gabriella says:

I LOVE THIS MOVIE, IS BEAUTIFUL πŸ˜‰ <3 I LOVE NARNIA FOREVER

• Stuart says:

I love the narnia films, and my wife and I have been waiting for this since it was announced.

-BUT-

Why on earth are we forced to pay twice as much for THREE copies ? I have absolutely no interest in the DVD or the "Digital Copy" whatever that might be. I just want the Blu ray, and I can’t buy it. The dvd will never be played and is a waste of money and resources. We already get thoroughly ripped off in the UK as it is, having to pay usually 50-100% more than the US, and wait longer for releases.

They would never try and push this kind of stunt on the US market, but do it to the UK market, purely because they think can get away with it.

Sure I could wait 6 months and I am sure they will release a Blu-Ray only copy once they are certain they have milked the market for all its worth.

Sorry to be negative about this event, but the release has been somewhat soured for us by the studios greed.

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry