Results: NarniaWebbers’ Favorite Scene in ‘The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe’

Posted December 31, 2011 5:00 am by Glumpuddle

From December 9 – 24, NarniaWebbers voted for their three favorite scenes in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. Here are the results: (Fans were allowed to select more than one checkbox, so the percentages add up to more than 100%)

10. Lucy and Digory at the Wardrobe (7%)

9. “Try me.” (8%)

8. Train Station, Opening Credits (9%)

7. Arriving at Aslan’s Camp, Meeting Aslan (13%)

6. Meeting Tumnus (16%)

5. Edmund Stabbed, Peter Fights the Witch, Aslan Wins (19%)

4. The Battle of Beruna Begins (20%)

3. Lucy Looks Into a Wardrobe, Discovers Narnia (23%)

2. Aslan’s Resurrection (25%)

1. Coronation at Cair Paravel (25%)

Thanks for voting and happy new year! Further up and further in!

• 8SilverSky says:

Awesome! A lot of my favourite scenes in here! Thanks for the poll. This is really neat!

That shot of Edmund in the train with the words "based on the book by C.S. LEWIS" always gets me excited for the title that comes right afterwards!

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Ya, I just love the way how they filmed the beginning. So mysterious and wondrous…^^

• MountainFireflower says:

Oh, indeed. The beginning is my favorite part… well, one of them anyway. It really captures the magic that we see throughout the rest of the movie. I love it.

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

I love it! Its a really good start with Enya and singing that really mysterious song!
      and sometimes hearing the train going over the bumps on the track.

• Emilyn Writer says:

Actually, I think it was someone else who sang in the train scene.
        Yeah, that was one of my favorite parts too. I was only eight and not much into Narnia, and the wonder and awe of the mysterious fantasy enchanted me when I first saw it.

• farsight-mssngr says:

Great Results! the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe made it’s peek as a box-office hit of 2005! And All the results of the’favorite scene from LWW movie’ are magnificent! Just wondering if LWW will be great or better if they will release it in 3d this year?
    anyways….
    New Year is getting closer! Happy New Year Narnians! May all your new year’s be great! Let’s Leave all our bad memories in 2011! God Bless us all!!!

• QueenLucytheValient says:

I’m surprised the Battle of Beruna didn’t get anything higher. Oh well, I love the coronation too.

• Reepicheeps Archer:) says:

Cool:)

• Louloudi the Centaur says:

All of my favorite scenes were in the final results. 🙂

I used to like the Battle of Beruna scene the most when I was younger, but of course things change after you read the books.

*waits for a PC and VDT poll to come*

• NarniaNerd says:

I loved the Battle of Beruna as well when I was younger too! I also can’t wait for a PC and VDT poll to come as well. ^_^ So I need to ask this question and I hope they do a poll on this as well but, What was your favorite recent Narnia movie adaptation LWW,PC or VDT?

• Thee Narnian Meerkat says:

Okay, I think the only one I voted for in this group here was Aslan’s Resurrection. 25% yay! One of the best!!!! 😀

• always narnian says:

O cool I think the ones I voted on were in there… I think! 🙂 Nice results! 🙂

• Aravis27 says:

It was so hard to decide, I love all of the LWW scenes! Epic movie :-). Happy new year – hope everyone has a great 2012!!

i cant even remember what i voted for, but this was fun and cool 🙂
    lets do it for the other movies!

• Puddleglum says:

Personally, I still like Lucy meeting Tumnus.But,I cannot say I was dissapointed. all were great scenes.

• Aravis_Tarkheena011 says:

I loved Aslan’s resurrection! The cinematography during that part was pretty much amazing 😀

I was really surprised at how high the resurrection scene scored. I thought it was generally agreed that was one of the most disappointing scenes in the whole "trilogy."

• narnian1 says:

People are probably voted it because of the significance behind it. Because as a scene, it was quite ordinary. I’m not thrilled with most of the results. "Try me" actually made the list? That said, Opening credits and Meeting Tumnus were wonderful, otherwise- there are better moments, for me…

• Non-negotiable Comment says:

This really baffles me, as well. That was such an underwhelming, disappointing sequence. I think there IS a consensus about this. But, as narnian1 stated, I believe this is a vote for what it SHOULD have been, not for what it was. Because, objectively, Adamson botched it. LOVED the movie as a whole, was crushed by how empty and lacking this particular moment was.

Clearly, this is the first time democracy has failed us.[/sarcasm]

Oh, well. The coronation scene is a pretty good choice, by contrast. Very joyful, wonderful music.

• Dylan says:

Meeting Tumnus was at number 6, below (of all things) the coronation scene, and Aslan’s ressurection. Two scenes (in my opinion) that lacked what was expected. Aslan’s ressurection was too short, the coronation scene was alright, pretty end to the movie. But apart from The Battle of Beruna, Tumnus meeting Lucy should be number one.

• nals says:

actually,it is good movie narnia,plz part 4 narnia king peter and lucy,ed,susan,

• farsight-mssngr says:

happy New year Narnians!
    I was just wondering if possible, can they release The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe this year in Breathtaking Digital 3d? I think it will be spectacular if they do release it!

• Queen C The Gentle says:

Whoo! This is great! Most of my favorite scenes are up here!

• The Servant says:

My favorite got second (whoo!). I’m surprised the coronation got first, though. I didn’t even vote for it.

• lady polly says:

my favorite is lucy looks into a wardrobe,discovers narnia.

• Fireflower says:

The ones I voted for are in the top 5!! 🙂

• icarus says:

Whilst by no means the worst scene in the movie, "Arriving At Aslan’s Camp" has to be the one that irritates me the most. Everything from Peter’s horrible line delivery to Aslan being inside a Tent of all things when they get there – its all just so disappointingly flat and bland for a scene which should be rich and spectacular.

• Gilglad says:

Agreed, totally. I hate his salute. the whole set up, delivery seems off

• Dylan says:

I agree, the scene did feel aukward. I thought the shots of the Narnians looking at the beavers and the Pevensies as they passed by were fine, but the salute was weird.

• Tarwe, the Narnian Elf says:

Wait a minute! It is supposed to feel awkward because the Pevensies are feeling awkward. Up to this point, they really don’t know anything about Aslan, plus all their wound-up emotions concerning Edmund. Personally, I think I would be nervous about meeting "the King of the whole wood, the top geezer"!

• Dylan says:

And maybe the salute was aukward cause Peter (having never been trained and living in England all his life) had no idea how to salute.

• Gilglad says:

The coronation was the best? really? I think there scene where the White Witch first turns on Edmond in the castle is one of the few that captures the true emotions of the book.

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

Who’s in love with Narnia?
    Has any body read all the books?
    i did i love them!

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

Who ever wishes they called have the opportunity to be Jill?

• Zanna says:

I’d LOVE to be Jill! She’s SO interesting in the Silver Chair! If I could be a character in Narnia I’d probably be Susan. (Her bow is awesome!)

• Gilglad says:

All the female characters are "interesting", but most of them seem a little stuck up, in one way or another

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

I agree but i find Lucy really cool to!
        i think Susan’s bow is awesome also

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

I know what u mean Gilglad!
        but there still really cool

• Gilglad says:

just for the help of the conversation, do you happen to be female. I’m male. Susan’s bow wasn’t as important as her horn, but neither of them were able to keep her loyal to Narnia. There, "cool", I guess, but all of them com off uppity.

• Zanna says:

I’d like to be Susan mainly because I’m most like her. I think they got the perfect actress for her, but, I’d still like to have a part in ONE of the Narnia movies!
        What about you? (I’m a girl!)
        Who’s your favorite character?!

• Gilglad says:

Anna Popplewell was did a good job as a actress. I’m a guy. Edmond, both in the book and on screen. He portrayed the redemption/turn around great. Also, He’s the least stuck up of the actors/characters.

• Zanna says:

He DID do a good job (Skandar) as Edmund.
        What movie do you guys want out next? What’s your fav movie? What did you think of VDT (I hated it ) I like PC and LWW the most.

• Dylan says:

The next movie should be Silver Chair, and they should drop Apted from the project. Peter Jackson would be perfect for SC, and Adamson would be the next best bet. VDT was not my favorite, there were plenty of aspects I liked about the movie, but overall it wasn’t a good movie. PC was alright, little mistakes here and there, but don’t completely ruin the movie (eg. Peter). LWW was by far the best. Hands down. No question.

• Gilglad says:

Sadly, I think a complete reboot is in order. Start over. Try and get Peter Jackson to do it. He’s great at adaptations. PC is fav for sure. I think its the best as a movie, adaption besides.

• always narnian says:

If they don’t do SC next, I think they should do a reboot. I don’t really think people would be interested in MN, especially if there is going to be a big gap between them! But I really wouldn’t know, I am not an expert or anything on this matter. I just think it is really weird to try and put MN between VODT & SC. I can’t decide what would be the best order…Maybe do all of them: LWW, PC, VODT, SC, MN, HHB, LB….But I don’t know. Because once you have the Pevensie chracters you have to carry them through LWW—VODT, and then you have Eustace to carry through to SC & LB (but he COULD be older in LB)… It is so weird, I don’t know what order to do it in….I would say just do it: MN, LWW, PC, VODT, SC,HHB, and LB. But I don’t know if I like the prospect of MN before LWW…. I think it’s cool to go back to MN. Then there is always…LWW, MN, PC, VODT, SC, HHB, and LB which is probably the best order…

• Gilglad says:

MN is a hard one to fit in, but I think if you make it plain that The Professor is Dirgory it would work. I still think chronological is the way to go. MN, LWW, PC, HHB, VD,T SC, LB. If you have good tie-ins/transitions, it will work.

• Anhun says:

The way I would do it (if they don’t reboot) is have Lucy take Eustace to have tea with the Professor, who also happens to invite Polly. Then, the Professor and Polly narrate their adventures to a spellbound Lucy and Eustace. Given how much focus is on internal psychological events in MN, I think that film would benefit a lot from a narrator.

• always narnian says:

Yes, Chronilogical order is good, but I don’t know about MN first. 🙁 Or the Pevensies age with HHB between PC & VODT.. hmm

• always narnian says:

Wait…HHB comes between Lww & PC

• Dylan says:

Always narnian, I think the way they should have filmed the movies should have been LWW, then PC the yr aftr, VDT maybe two ytrs later, SC the next year, and LB immediatly after that, then wait a while, and do HHB and MN.

• always narnian says:

Well…. I dunno about doing LB before HHB and MN… It seems like HHB sorta introduces the Calormens for last battle. And then LB has such a good ending I wouldn’t want anything to come after it.

• Anhun says:

While I acknowledge what a gutsy move it would have been, given that they didn’t know how well-received LWW would be, I agree that making and releasing LWW and PC back to back would have been the best way to go. It would have helped the series maintain momentum.

On the other hand, making any movie after almost all of the major characters have died in LB, would be a mistake in a family-friendly series. Not to mention that LB relies on both HHB and MN for back story (the Calormenes and the rings). I see what your getting at, Dylan. It would be less confusing for movie-only fans if the chronology didn’t go back and forth, but putting MN and HHB at the end just wouldn’t work.

• narnia and the north says:

If there is no reboot then they should make it in the order of MN,LWW,HB,PC,VODT,SC,LB.

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

How do u get a picture on ur thingy?

• Dylan says:

Number one is the coronation? Interesting, but not a shocker.

• Braden Woodburn says:

Very nice!
    They should now do voting for favorite scenes for Prince Caspian and Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
    It would be interesting to see which ones win the highest vote on those.
    🙂

• Zanna says:

So… What’s everyone’s fav books in the series? Mine would probably be Last Battle (such a beautifully written book! All of them are)

• Dylan says:

Intresting, my favorite is probably Silver Chair, closely followed by Magicians Nephew and Horse and his boy. If I had to pick a fourth it would most likely be LWW. Then after that VDT and LB tie, and PC in last. But dont get me wrong, PC as a movie was tons better than VDT, its just the book was really boring.

• Zanna says:

I get what you mean 🙂 I can’t wait for more movies though 🙂
        …if they come out.

• Dylan says:

Not to be downer on the franchise, but I have a feeling that Walden will drop the project, and the series will be discontinued.

• always narnian says:

PC is one of my favorite books in the series… Hmm 🙂
        Interesting… I am not sure if Walden will drop it— highly possible. Maybe someone will pick it up eventually.

• Zanna says:

I seriously hope not, but if that happens, they’ll probably have a million blood-thirsty fans tracking them down 🙂
      (an exaggeration, but, I’d LOVE to see all of the books come out in movies, in their full glory)

• Teige says:

It’s about time soomene wrote about this.

• Penny says:

This is the worst Disney Movie I have ever watched. Why kill the lion in such a cruel way??>??>

• farsight-mssngr says:

"Greater love has no one than this, that He lay down His life for His friends"
    That’s what Jesus did to all of us to save us from our sins
    That’s what Aslan did to Edmund to save his life from the evil witch. (from LWW)
    -Reading LWW book by now, now at chapter 12 "Peter’s Battle"
    -Just finished reading MN yesterday!

• susan says:

this is great! all the scenes i voted for are up there!
    happy new year everyone!!!!! 🙂

• narnia and the north says:

coronation at cair paravel was my favorite so i win lol.

• narnia and the north says:

I just need to read the last half of the horse and his boy and the last battle excited.

• Reciticus says:

What do you think they (as in NarniaWeb) is going to do next? They mentioned doing something with the books, although that could mean anything.

• Dylan says:

Wow. Aslans Country, the website, just got blocked by Congress. Unbelievable.

• always narnian says:

No. It is just a protest.

• Kelly says:

Yay. My fave scene was voted favourite too. 🙂 I love the Pevensie’s Coronation scene loads. 🙂

• For Narnia, and for Aslan! says:

Whats ur fav movie LWW, PC, VDT?

• narniafan16 says:

awesome!

• My heart in Narnia! says:

I wonder when we’ll be getting any news about the next Narnia film! I’ve been waiting for months and I feel like there isn’t going to be another film! I know we shouldn’t lose help but it’s been so long now! Do you agree?

• always narnian says:

Didn’t you hear that it may be a few years till they start making a Narnia movie? The Lewis estate has to wait a "moratorium" because the Walden & Lewis Estate’s contract expired. When they finally start making movies again, it may be open for anyone to make- not just Walden.

• My Heart in Narnia! says:

Yeah I know, but there must be some updates! 🙁

• sam says:

there are usually few updates when a movie is normally delayed "the moratorium" as I understand it prevents development on any movie, no dev, no update. Sad story all around…

• Anna's Sister(TheHobbit2012!) says:

I love them all! Though I must say it’s hard to beat a good sword fight.

• TheEighthFriendOfNarnia says:

Not supprised the Coronation won. It’s funny how it creshendos into the order I’d almost 100% rate them. In my opinion the coronation & resurection win then anything battle and from there on it’s a tie. ONCE A KING OR QUEEN OF NARNIA, ALWAYS A KING OR QUEEN.

• Zanna says:

How many of you wish you could walk into a wardrobe and go to Narnia? Or wear a ring and go there?! I would. I dreamed about going to Narnia as a kid (and still am!) and I always was mad when Susan stopped believing in Narnia. (How many kids get to go there?!)

If LB was made, would you guys want Susan to come back? I wouldn’t really, I like Susan, but being that unfaithful wouldn’t help the movies.
    This is kinda random, but it’s been quiet for a REALLY long time

• Aslan's #1 fan says:

All the time actually. I wish I could be swept away into Narnia.I know that Aslan represent Christ so it’s a little more realistic to me.

Yes it would be nice that Susan wouldn’t stop believing but going with the book is better though. And plus it’s more realistic that one of the children would get older and stop believing; like adults that start missing their child like faith.

• Zanna says:

I know what you mean, losing your faith of a child, but it’s still is sad 🙁 Going with the book is good, even though it gives the movie a sad edge to it, I suppose it’s a good thing.
        I believe in Jesus, and one hope I have about Heaven is that it’ll be like Narnia, only better!!
        If you could be in a Narnia film witch would you be in? I’d be in… either THAHB, or LB.

• Saroosh says:

lb??

• Saroosh says:

I am sooo happy that my all time favourite scene, the coronation scene is #1 on the poll!! 😀 😀

• Reepicheeprules says:

I dont even know what my favourite scene was I love them all so much!
    But I have gotta say, I love the train bit. The song by Enya is amazing. It really suited the train bit! I had a feeling the Coronation would win!