Dawn Treader Filming Report from Tamara

Posted September 8, 2009 8:48 am by fantasia_kitty

Caspian, Edmund and Lucy ~ TamaraNarniaWeb spy Tamara returned to watch the filming earlier today, and this time, she returned with a “totally awesome camera.” Along with taking pictures of the extras and crew, set, she also managed to capture a few shots of Ben, Skandar, and Georgie on set.

I went back to the Narnia set again today, armed with a borrowed, totally awesome camera (with 20x zoom!! arrrh love!) and around 3 hours to spare πŸ™‚

There was a massive blue screen hanging by a crane in front of the ship so no one could see anything! There was this very small gap in which you could see some of the crew walking around but there was no way to see any of the actual filming. They moved the ships direction after about an hour and a half which gave us some more space to see but it was still very small.

I had no idea if any of the main actors where there as we could still see nothing! I did see all their chairs lined up with their names written on them, but unfortunately they were empty. But about 2 and a half hours in, I finally saw Ben Barnes, Skandar Keynes and Georgie Henley doing a scene where they all looked to be drenched. I could be wrong but I could only see it through the camera as they were wayyyyy to far away to see it with my eyes only. There were people constantly spraying them with water as well.

There was a voice (with an american accent haha I have no idea who it was) who was obviously attached to a mic and would occasionally give directions and I definitely heard him talking about Reepicheep (he had just done something and they had to react.. I think..) and there was also something about a wedding dress.

I am going back again tomorrow (because I have no life haha – no really I think it’s super exciting) and maybe they’ll have moved the blue screen!

Here are Tamara’s pictures (we’ve also included one from RedBubble.com of Gary Sweet who plays Drinian).

Thanks so much Tamara for your report and pictures!

UPDATE: NarniaFans’ spy Tanika sent them a set of pictures from earlier today as well. You can check them out here.

• NarniaWarrior says:

Thanks for the pics…tamara….It was well done…Long Live Aslan !!!

• JadistarkilleR says:

yeah those are one in a million pics lol! zoomed in and so clear despite the bluescreen covering most of the ship!

looking at those photos the first thing that would come to a fan’s mind would be the rescue mission Caspian did for Edward and Lucy when they returned to Narnia. but i dont see Eustace anywhere, even on the other photos from Narniafans. Will Poulter is either not there today or he’s not in the shots.

i’m also wondering if they’re doing only certain shots, like maybe only scenes that involve Ben Barnes? Ben has the premiere of Dorian Gray coming out on Friday at the Toronto International Film Festival, he might be attending that so they’re doing only his shots today so he can take the day off on Friday? just wondering…

• adamie says:

Great Picks! more magical creatures, Aaah!!

So now we have a faun, a minotaur (I think we even saw two), and a satyr. But what does the text say on the mast? The Mighty D… Dawn Treader perhaps? And a list of it’s captains beneath it?

• HappyGiant says:

Long live Tamara! Thanks!
    They might be doing the scene where they arrive in Narnia. But where is Will then? I saw a saytar and a faun. Oh, well.
    Yes! Go tomorrow! Yay! Can’t wait to see more!

• rorry says:

ooohh… this must be the scene when they arrive in narnia… *jump*

• random. says:

Wow! I’m so impressed! This movie will be epic!! I can’t wait to see it all in one piece on the big screen, then right in my own living room! Ah! So excited!

• BradenWoodburn says:

That’s so rad Tamara! These are excellent photos! Pretty cool seeing actors in action. I do wonder what scene they could have been doing. Being drinched.. maybe it was an aftermath of that dragon attack they filmed the other day?? Dunno! Still, this is wonderful news!

• Narnia Lover says:

THERE ARE PICS OF SKANDAR!!!!! FINALLY! I can’t wait until next year! Thanks for the eaport! SAIL ON VDT!!!

• Lucille Brown says:

Finally, pictures of Skandar. I was wondering what happened to him. It looks like they are wearing English clothes,Georgie and Skandar that is. I hope this is the scene where they come in from the picture on the wall into Narnia.

• Aravis(narniafan#1) says:

I TOTALLY agree! SKANDAR IS FINALLY HERE!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU, SKANDAR! Even if it’s not full bodied phoyos, I couldn’t have seen him without you, Tamara. Thanks a million! You’re my new favorite person! They probably finished the scene where Caspian gets the pevs and scrubb out of the water when the enter Narnia through the painting.

• 7chronicles says:

Tamara, Thank You so much, the pictures are great. This is what I love about narnia, The book is coming alive before my eyes, this is so amazing!!!! When I read the book for the first time, I don’t ever think I could have imagned seeing it come to life like this. I can not wait to get fooage of the cast!!!!

• GlimGlum says:

Thanks, Tamara. Great to see Edmund, Lucy, and Caspian together on the Dawn Treader. And Skandar is there with his name on his chair. Uppermost right corner picture.
    Mr. Tumnus was on the Splendor Hyaline in The Horse and His Boy, so I guess a faun is OK for the Dawn Treader.

• Forrest Lybrand says:

I’m fairly sure this is when they first enter Narnia, and were just pulled onto the ship.

• JoK3R says:

Thanks Tamara! Wow nice shots of Edmund, I also like how there are Narnian creatures on the boat. GREAT PICS!!!!! (Altough I still think Caspian looks sooooo dumb with that beard and hair)

• Leolani says:

Yes, Caspian is supposed to be 15 years old!

• HappyGiant says:

He’s seven years older in VoDT, remember? πŸ™‚

• redeemedqueen says:

If I remember correctly VDT is 3 years later in Narnian years; 1 year later in our time…

• Narnia Lover says:

1 year ower time is 1,300 years Narnian time.

• checkers says:

Not nesessarily, that was only the case in Prince Caspian. If you stay in our world for one year, you might go back to Narnia and 3 years Narnian years would have passed, or 1,300, or no time at all. You never know. And yes, I believe it’s only 3 years between PC and VotDT.

• Arwen says:

To confirm – yeah, it’s three years between PC and VDT. The seven lords disappeared seven years before VDT ;). And the times do vary every time. I’m not sure how many years later Silver Chair is, somewhere in the frame of 60 or 70, and I’m not even sure there is a year in our time between SC and VDT. Might be only a couple months.

• daughter of the King says:

Great pictures! Yes, it is only a couple of months our time in between Dawn Treader and Silver Chair. Eustace’s diary begins on August 6th in Dawn Treader. In Silver Chair he says that his adventure happened during the holidays (which translates to vacation in the U.S.), and the book opens with "It was a dull autumn day…….." Eustace guesses that it’s been seventy years Narnian time, but no one’s sure on how accurate he was. We just know Caspian is really really old.

yes checkers you’re exactly right. narnia does not have an equal time span for a time span hear. it is said in one of the books "you can find than 100’s of years have passed, or only a year, or a day, or no time at all". thats just how narnia is: magical and mysterious and just plain amazing! so, even though 1300 years passed in one year in PC, and only 3 years passed in one year in VDT, that doesnt say for any other times. perhaps one year can pass, and you go to narnia, and barely an hour has passed! or even a minute!

• Leolani says:

C.S. Lewis made a timeline for Narnia, and Caspian was 12 in PC. 3 years later in tVotDT, he is 15. Not 27 or however old that actor is…. I really think he would have made a far better Rillian than Caspian. πŸ™‚

• daughter of the King says:

Actually, Leolani, I thought he would make an awesome Tirian.

• Leolani says:

Yeah, daughter of the King, now that you mention it I think he would have made a pretty good Tirian also!

• Drelborn says:

Sweet pictures!

• therinca says:

*bows*
    Thank you so much for all the pictures Tamara! They’re β€œtotally awesome” pictures πŸ™‚

• TumnusTheBrave says:

i understand that you guys do like creatures aboard the dawn treader other than reepicheep but really what is wrong with fauns. fauns should be ok.centaurs are a big no no especially since it on a ship, i think one maybe two minotaurs is ok but any more and it’ll be crowded

• HappyGiant says:

Who directly said fauns aboard the dawn treader were awful??? There was just ONLY telmerines besides Reepicheep in the book, so it’s not like we were expecting it. And are there really centuars? Please, satyrs, minoutaurs, fauns are fine with me, but why centuars? i can’t imagine them on a ship!

Maybe the centaurs are at the beginning or end of the movie, on dry land in Narnia. I really doubt they have them on the ship. It wouldn’t be practical. But practical might not be an issue to the filmakers πŸ˜‰

• Arwen says:

Oh, I wish I was there!! If those three were drenched, I wonder where Eustace is!

• Narnia Lover says:

Well, if it’s from the beging where they first come into Narnia from the pic frame on the wall, then Eustace is probably somewhere out of the shot of the pics.

• elizabeth says:

cool pictures πŸ™‚

• yeswelovenarnia says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Skandar!!!!!!!!!! Finally!!!!!!!!! Wow awesome pics!!!!!!! (But I still think and I will never change my views that there should not be any narnian animal but reep on the ship. There were never any fauns or minotaurs on the ship. There wasn’t room for one!)

• Leolani says:

Yes, the Dawn Treader was only ‘a little bit of a thing’ compared with the ships in our world or the ships that Lucy and Edmund had owned in the Golden Age.

• Lutra's Pearl says:

Thank you so much!!!! It is so cool to see the pics. We still have to wit over a year tell it comes out!!!!!!:( I don’tknow if I can last that ling. Keep the story of Aslan alive!

• narnian1 says:

Great pics! Thank so much for returning and giving this report to narniaweb!

• Feather~Light~Heart says:

EDMUND! πŸ˜€ Hurray finally pics. Looks amazing thanks sooo much Tamara. Wow this makes me so excited. VDT is really going on. Hurray! (can’t help but think where’s Will? -Eustace-) πŸ˜€ Long live Aslan.

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Thanks so much Tamara for the great pictures! You’re lucky to get to see the filming up close like that.

• redeemedqueen says:

YEAY!!! We finally have pix that are definately of Skandar/Ed!!!

• StoryGirl says:

Ah! Most of the pictures are to big!
    But they’re still awesome. πŸ™‚

• katrina says:

wow, so amazing!!! really, really exciting!!!!!! sail on VDT!!

• fnafa4ever says:

There are finally pics of Skandar! YES! So exciting! My mind is going crazy as to why they are wet, but my guess is this is when they are saved from the water after being pulled in through the picture.

• Giuliano says:

Finally we see Skandar

• Crimson Dragon says:

Had to zoom my internet browser window way out to see most of those… but they’re great pics!

• ExtremeFan says:

yaayyy skander!!! very kool.

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Thanks so much Tamara! The pics are awesome! It is so nice to see Skandar finally. And I bet that seen is where Edmund, Ludy and Eustace come to Narnia. I’m almost positive. I cannot wait to see the movie! Or at least a trailer would be awesome, just to satisfy my need to see moving pictures and hear their voices again, but in a totally new setting. This is SOOOO exciting!

• martin the warrior says:

sweet pics! i cant wait for the movie

• decarus says:

I think this is when they first enter Narnia and Caspian pulls them from the water.

So it looks like they have a lot of human crew members on the ship. That’s good. I still have mixed feelings about the creatures on board, but at least they don’t make up the whole crew. And the satyr is so cute!! I can’t help liking the satyrs and minotaurs because they look like animals, and I love animals. My main concern about the movie, is that they do a good job with the story and the themes. By the way, where is Georgie? I don’t see her.

• true-narnian_queen says:

AWSOME! ILOVE THEM! Oh i wish i was there to see Ben in action but it was great to see pics of him as King Caspian(and i think he looks great with long hair and a beard it makes him look older)SAIL ON DAWN TREADER!!!

• NothinButNarnia says:

Awesome! Love the pictures, cant wait for the movie! But I’m not crazy about Ben’s beard.

• The Batman says:

Haha, I love the one of the guy on his phone on DT πŸ˜‰ Thanks so much, Tamara!

• Weapon Master says:

I wasn’t sure at first, but now I don’t have any real problem with other mythological creatures being on the ship. I also like that all the human crew seems to have matching outfits, but I still don’t like the fact that they are portraying Drinian as bald-headed.

• BringAlagaesiaToNarnia!!!! says:

Bet you "American Accent" is K.C.

• Ramandugirl says:

Hi girls, don’t u know where was it? when they will come to visit Hungary?? thx Tamara, u r cool:)

• BringAlagaesiaToNarnia!!!! says:

Hey, which one has Georgie in it?

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Does anyone feel like there is a lack of Aslan on the Dawn Treader? I would have thought they would have carved a lion’s head somewhere on the ship, or have an emblem of Aslan on the sail. But, I don’t see evidence of him anywhere on the ship.

• Arwen says:

That hadn’t occurred to me…but now I agree with you. If I remember right, Caspian had a picture of Aslan on his cabin wall (Lucy sees it at the beginning?). I don’t expect the movie to be a mirror of the book but I think Aslan needs to be somewhere! I’m sure they’ll have him someplace though, we just haven’t seen it yet.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Yeah, I agree. The book said nothing about any semblance to Aslan except for that picture in Caspian’s cabin. (I say! Why DID C.S. Lewis make the ship like a dragon?) And it’s not like Walden and Fox are going to let random NarniaWeb spies onto the ship to see.
        And if they have anything to do with Caspian’s cabin or such-like, it would probably be shot on a soundstage.

• caboo29 says:

I saw a carved gold lion head on the Dawn treader, I think it was sort of above and behind the helm at the stern of the ship. Can’t remember what picture I saw it in though…

• Saorise says:

Your Majesty King Caspian…you look so aamzing;)

• HappyGiant says:

Oh. πŸ™‚ I thought it was seven!!!

• daughter of the King says:

I am beginning to get used to the idea of Narnians on board. My only real concern was centaurs, but there don’t appear to be any. I think minotaurs are cool, but they’re the bad guys.

• Narniamiss says:

I really hope that Mr. Barnes’ pony-tail is only temporary! But it was so nice to finally see some pictures of them on set like this, and wow, Georgie is getting so much older. Can’t wait to see more!

• Lady_Liln says:

Hurrah! Thank you, Tamara! Awesome pictures!

• The narniad says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!We finally have pics of SKANDAR!!! He couldn’t hide forever, lol! Can’t WAIT for the film to come out!!

• Karine says:

Great pictures, thanks Tamara!!

• Aslanisthebest says:

Thanks alot Tamara! Wow, these pictures look *awesome*.

• Narnia'sDLF says:

Great Pics! We get a preview!

• JadistarkilleR says:

those are some excellent shots Tamara they may have the bluescreen up, but you still got shots of the main cast and crew anyway, zoomed in and clear to boot! thats one in a million. thanks so much!

yes! finally we see skander! and this has to be the scene when caspian goes in the water to help the others at the beginning. omg this is so cool! now these are really awesome pics! thanks so much Tamara! man i wish i was there so bad!

cool photos! FINALLY some pics of edmund! BTW- what’s with the faun? reep is suppossed to be the only creature!

• WarriorQueen says:

Thank you so much, Tamara! They’re wonderful pictures! It’s also really nice to see Skander finally. Things are looking good. πŸ™‚

• L.M. Pevensie says:

Wedding dress?

• daughter of the King says:

Perhaps they are going to have a scene where Caspian and Ramandu’s Daughter get married? In which case they would be filming out of order.

• JadistarkilleR says:

at Narniafans, the spy Tamika got a photo of a young blonde lady she thought was Laura Brent (Ramandu’s Daughter). upon closer inspection it wasnt Laura, but then some people are thinking she’s actress Tamsin Egerton (she does look like her). this lady was spotted on the ship and may have had a script in hand. a lot of this is wild guesses at this point, but if there was a talk of a wedding dress and this mysterious pretty lady on set there may be something else going on… maybe the daughter of the Duke of Galma? the Duke did try to marry his daughter off to Caspian at the start of their voyage.

• Narniac says:

If it’s the Duke of Galma’s daughter I hope it’s not played up!
        Or maybe this is Ramandu’s daughter’s stunt double? Although I suppose it makes more sense for her to be the Duke’s daughter.

• Narniac says:

I mean, considering that C, L & E are dripping wet. Suits the timeline better for her to be the Duke’s daughter.

• daughter of the King says:

Like I said, they are probably filming out of order. Any shots that are going to occur on the Dawn Treader will be filmed now, no matter when in the movie they actually take place. And that makes sense, the blond on Narniafans being Laura Brent’s stunt double.

• Alsan's my homeboy says:

AHHHHHH!!! there’s my man! Finally we get to see Skandar πŸ™‚ those are awsome pics the camera must be a nice camera! Keep the pics coming!!

• K. J. Hill (aka T. J. Black) says:

Great pics! Thanks for taking them! I love hearing (and seeing!) news of the filming.

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

YES!! Skandar’s finally on set!! And those are great pictures!! My friends might kill me for sending them this since I tend to find out as much of a movie as I can before I see it, not caring if it "spoils" it for me (because it doesn’t REALLY spoil it for me!).

• King Skandar the Just says:

Yay! I love the pics of Skandar!!! I can’t wait for more!
    I love the Chair pic also!

• ben says:

tis good

• Elizabethfoyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyuygollufvolyh says:

OH MY GOSH!!!!! ITS FINALLY SKANDY!!!!!!! i dont really care if its just like the top of his head luv ya! πŸ˜‰

• greenbird37 says:

These are great pics…finally some pics of the cast and what awesome pics they are! Its finally coming along!

• Puddleglum says:

Looks like there is a fawn in the crew by one of the pictures. Unless green underwear is common on board Narnian vessels.

• Puddleglum says:

a satyr as well? Hope they play a better flute than Mr. Tumnis did.

• Michael Lagura says:

Swooosh!!! Give me one good reason why I shouldn’t be excited about this film. I’m dying to watch this. Thanks for the updates Tamara, you are one heck of an angel.",)Sail on Dawn Treader!!!

• Michael Lagura says:

Be looking forward for more updates.

• Lili says:

*sees skandar* wait for it, wait for it *faints*
    he’s beautiful!!! πŸ™‚

• skandargirl_95 says:

looks at Skandar
      *Starts to stare*
      *starts to drool on the keyboard*
      *little sister starts slapping her face*
      *gets back to her senses*
      *scream*AGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      SKANDAR!!!!!!!!!!!

• InLoveWithAslan says:

Great pictures! Thanks Tamara.

• Fire Fairy says:

Wow! We definitely did not get this good of pictures for PC!! And you know, the idea of Caspian with a beard is kind of growing on me. Perhaps they were working on the scene when Caspian pulls Eustace and the Pevensies out of the water? I don’t know. Speculating will only make waiting worse… So, Further up and further in!!

• aussie_lucy says:

Great bunch of pictures. The ship crew are looking great!

Thanks for posting them, Narnia Web and thanks for taking them, Tamara! πŸ™‚

• skandyfan says:

it is so cool! The first pics I saw from Skandar and I am so happy, that his haircut is the same like in Prince Caspian! He looks great with it!
    Thank you Tamara for giving us this news! In Germany it is not that easy to get…:)

• Tauriel says:

Great pics! πŸ™‚ It really looks like the scene where Caspian jumps into the sea to pull Lucy, Edmund and Eustace out. Nice to see Skandar already, even though only from the profile! πŸ˜‰

• Taigan says:

This is absolutely amazing! The pictures look great (thanks Tamara πŸ™‚ ) and we finally get to see some of the actors in action!
    Sail on DT!

• Eden says:

LOL at #59 and #62! Great pics, so glad to have some of Ed now!

• Skandar! says:

Skandar is so cute, is’nt he ?? =) Great pictures !! πŸ˜‰

• loverforBen says:

SWEETNESS!! I love these pics!!!!!!

• lena says:

j’adore elle sont subliment les photos

• ernesto torres chΓ‘vez says:

gracias por compartir sus imagenes muchisimas gracias

y felicidades

• Miss Polly Plummer says:

why does everyone want to see Skandar! I want more Gorgie pictures!

• DT 9 says:

i think i know who’s taking my picture ,
    you get me in trouble …….
    just lucky they don’t sack me.

• Abigail Vidal says:

What do you mean "I think I know who’s taking my picture"? Who are you? It sounds like you’re part of the cast of VDT. I’m confused.

• Lamppostshines! says:

it looks amazing!! thanks for taking all the HQ pics- it really puts a different perspective on the ship πŸ˜€ i actually reallly like it now

• Countess Shamira says:

The next time a big Narnia movie comes out can you please take me with you?! Hope your having fun!

• Alambil and Tarva says:

AAAAAHHH thanks so much, Tamara!! πŸ˜€ lol Ben’s little ponytail :p

• J. G. Heck says:

sweet o.

• Mal says:

Nice pics!

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry

• MORE pictures « Narnia

[…] Narnia Where animals talk, trees walk, and a lion reigns over all. « youtube is wonderful for narnia videos MORE pictures September 13, 2009 We have more pictures of the Dawn Treader and Georgie, Ben and Skandar. YES! Finally! We are seeing more and more of Skandar! Go here. […]