Filming Wraps at Cleveland Point

Posted September 28, 2009 7:03 pm by fantasia_kitty

Even though filming wrapped at Cleveland Point last week, BaysideBulletin has one final report on it. It turns out the production didn’t quite manage to escape the dust storm after all…

TWO days of filming at a ‘closed set’ in Cleveland were built into the Narnia schedule in case of bad weather, but nobody imagined it would be a record-breaking dust storm that caused cast and crew to abandon ship.

A set was built inside a vacant Cleveland warehouse as part of the filming of third Narnia film, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, which has been based at Cleveland Point this month.

The cast began two days of filming on Tuesday in the warehouse, which fortuitously meant they filmed inside throughout Wednesday’s dusty and windy weather.

On Thursday, the cast returned for their final day of filming – after the ship had to be cleaned from mast to deck.

Work to dismantle the 125 tonne ship and reassemble it on set at MovieWorld on the Gold Coast began on Friday and is expected to take about two weeks.

You can read the full story at BaysideBulletin’s website here.

And as a final note, I know there are some of you keeping very close track of the filming locations for this movie. If you are one of them, there is a picture and address given for the warehouse they filmed in for two days.

UPDATE: ‘JadisstarkillR’ sent us a link to a video that was shot on the last day of shooting at Cleveland Point. It reportadly takes place after the MLG jumps off the ship. Both Caspian and Edmund appear to comfort Lucy after Gael and Rhince jump. Why would Lucy need to be comforted?

• Princess Arya says:

Are they going to, like, rebuild the whole ship at MovieWorld, or just maybe a couple of decks or something? Wow, that seems to me like such a big undertaking.

• Fire Fairy says:

No kidding, especially considering that it’s expected to take them two weeks to get the ship dismantled, relocated, and reassembled! As long as they take good care of her (which I’m sure they will), I don’t have any problem with the move. Although it is something to think about, whether this’ll be the last time she’s a complete ship during the filming, since I’m sure they’ll put her back together after their done, since they’re not getting rid of her. I really hope they put her back together as a full ship once they’re done filming…they should make a hotel or restaurant out of her so as many people as possible can enjoy her!

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I don’t know about a resturaunt, but they should at least like make a amusment park with rides and such but not the dawn treader actually being the ride I mean shes too spcial but have like a museum with REAL movie props not the fakes and her be the main exibit. I mean if they turn her into a hotel or something that would be a total waste of the crews hard work and how would you feel if some one did something like that to something you worked on really hard. I wouldn’t feel they appreciated it.

a hotel would be awesome! i call Lucy’s room! or maybe even caspian’s room, with the lion head on the wall.

• WillMoseleyandSkandarcrush! says:

Hotel would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Fire Fairy says:

I see your point, Aravis Tarkheena. Perhaps a hotel or restaurant would be a bit degrading for The Dawn Treader. My point is I think they should make her available to the general public…and while a museum sounds great, I just feel like she should be made useful, rather than put on display. Maybe it would be a better idea to make the original Dawn Treader into a museum with a Dawn Treader based hotel nearby…

• Lucille Brown says:

How about putting her in a museum? I am sure all of us would love to go see her.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I think that the ship would be to big to rebuild in the warehouse so I think that if they film a certin sceen they would build the part of the ship that would allow them to film that certian sceen and store the rest of the part somewhere else so after they film that sceen they take the ship apart and then move on.

• BenBarnesGal says:

They put in the newspaper that the storm was BEAUTIFUL AND SCARY. HOW IS A STORM BEAUTIFUL?

• narniafan4ever says:

Sounding good! That is kind of funny that they had to abandon shop because of a dust storm. Not a normal experience that sailors get….lol

• Ramandu's Daughter says:

Yeah, that’s ironic. You wouldn’t normally think of sailors abandoning ship because of a dust storm ๐Ÿ˜‰

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

ah, yes, a dust storm at sea. That would be kind of funny except that if you’re at sea, you’re kinda stuck.

• Lutra's Pearl says:

"Abandon ship!!!!!! There is a big dust storm!!!!!" That sounds so funny. Keep the story of Aslan alive!!

• Narnia Lover says:

Glad that everything’s okay! ๐Ÿ˜€ Like ‘Lutra’s Pearl’ said, "Abandon ship!!!!!!" ๐Ÿ˜€ That was really funny!!! Lol ๐Ÿ˜‰ SAIL ON VDT!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• ernesto torres chรกvez says:

que padre esta todo esa informaciรณn eh gracias bye

• The Archenlander says:

can u say ironic, aren’t ships spose to be afraid of hurricanes, not dust storms. lol glad everythings alright

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Ya I thought filming ended last week. Good to hear otherwise. Thanks for keeping all of us in touch with whats happening all you^^. Now that I think of it that might be funny. I don’t know mabey my sleeplyness is getting to me. Thator my head ache. OH well thats what happensall tired during the morning hyper then tired again. Long Live Aslan, Sail on VDT Ect.^^

• Mark Friedrich says:

I can’t believe that the filming was that quick, I kind of expected them to take Longer. I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SHIP. By the way, After VOD is done, I sure hope Skandar and Georgie stay on as actors in other movies, they are REALLY GOOD, ESPICALLY GEORGIE.

• WillMoseleyandSkandarcrush! says:

When you type in capitol letters, are you screaming them? By the way, NOT especially Georgie. They’re both terrific actors. They’re so good, they’re both equally good. Georgie isn’t better than Skandar, nor Skandar better than Georgie. Kepp that in mind: EQUALLY GOOD!!!

• Mark Friedrich says:

I understand that. I shouldn’t have. But i was saying that Georgie and Skandar should stay on as actors in other movies. I think that Narniaweb should have updates on them since that they will not be in any of the other Narnia movies beyond this.

• narniafan4ever says:

Well, they are in the Last Battle at the end of the movie as well as in the little dream that the captured prince had. (can’t remember his name at this point…) The only one who is never returning is Susan (Anna Popplewell)

• Zoe says:

Anna, Skandar and Georgie might be coming back in HHB, too, depending what they do. Personally, I think they should use the older versions from LWW for HHB, but what does my opinion matter to them? ๐Ÿ™‚

• narniafan4ever says:

well, they could…but I think that in HHB, they are getting older, but not as old as they were in the LWW. Just my opinion. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Mark Friedrich says:

The Last king of Narnia in the Last Battle is named Tirian.

• Fire Fairy says:

Having Anna, Skandar and Georgie return for HHB could cause a problem, because in HHB their characters’ ages are, respectively, 25, 24, and 22, whereas in LB Edmund and Lucy are 19 and 17. How would they pull that one off? On the other hand, Anna did mention the possiblitiy of returning for HHB, which would be nice for her, since she won’t be in LB. Who knows what they’ll do?

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

on the other hand, they’ll look different from the older LWW people

• ilovefauns says:

one time i don’t wish i still lived in queensland.

• JadistarkilleR says:

someone took a footage of the cast’s last day of shooting on the Dawn Treader (Thursday, Sept 24th– after Wednesday’s dust storm):

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Thanks for showing this, but if you watch it. it looks like they’re pulling someone up from the ship.

you can see Lucy, Edmund, and Caspian standing at the edge. it kinda looks like a reaction after the MLG jumped off the boat, because it almost looks like Edmund is hugging Lucy like he did in that other video. with they could have gotten closer, whoever was taping. it looks really cool though to see all three of them standing together.

• Fire Fairy says:

Auugh! My computer won’t let me on youtube!! I want to see this! Could somebody please post the video on narniaweb??

• caspian&star4ever says:

I think it would be pretty ridiculous if they did tear down the Dawn Treader completely after filming I mean they do need it or The Silver Chair. Other then that everything looks fantastic to me.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Well in the silver chair it doesn’t say they used the Dawn Treader, but I think they should make a museum of narnia stuff like real props and have the Dawn Treader in it so that the crews work doesn’t go to waste and that everyone can enjoy it

• Narnian Jesus Freakโ™ฅ(used to be celtic13) says:

It WOULD be pretty cool if they used the DT in SC. ๐Ÿ™‚ just a thought.:)

• Embrace says:

Yeah I saw the pics from Sydney with those sandstorms…
    Looked like freaking Mars!
    Voyage Of The Storm Treader!

• Mark Friedrich says:

Sniff, sniff. No more pictures of the Dawn Treader. Atleast I’ll get to see it when the movie comes out in Theaters, that’s good to know.

wow, cleaned the whole ship? that must have taken at least a day. i didnt know dust storms were a thing in australia, especially near the water. i wonder if it turned the water brown? oh well, at least maybe they wont have to worry about that after they go to their new location, hopefully.

• Mark Friedrich says:

I agree with you narnian resident. That must of been a HUGE job.

• narniafan4ever says:

wow! Those pics are crazy!
    *abandon ship! abandon ship! It’s a dust storm! Abandon ship!!!!!!!* That still makes me laugh…. ๐Ÿ˜€

• Embrace says:

That sandstorm look could have been included in the actual picture and storyline with The Dawn Treader "entering into a mysterious red and yellow fog" making everybody anxious of what was going on and about to happen…

• Mark Friedrich says:

Can you put it up on the photo galleries? of this website since I can’t see the pictures.

• Mark Friedrich says:

I can’t my computer won’t ler me.

• SavedByGrace says:

The video was very unclear- I couldn’t make anything out except "action". And, why did they jump?

• Long Live King Skandar says:

Maybe they added the part of the MLG because it shows how much Edmund’s character has matured and how Caspian’s already is through the way they comfort Lucy and deal with whatever’s going on. It would contrast with Eustace’s obnoxiousness ๐Ÿ™‚ and add to Edmund’s and Caspian’s heroic-like reputations.

• Mark Friedrich says:

Make sense.
      I mean with Peter not with them in Narnia who will Lucy talk to other than Aslan.