More Dawn Treader Pictures, Ben and Skandar Sword Fight

Posted September 9, 2009 8:36 am by Tirian

NarniaWeb spy Tamara went to take another look at the Dawn Treader, and returned with more photos and another report on what she saw being filmed:

Sword Fighting ~TamaraI went AGAIN to the set and got some more photos. Had a bit of a fiasco with leaving my memory card at home but I was able to run off and buy another card! Phew!

They were filming a sword fighting scene but it looked like a playful fight because all the Narnian crew were egging them on and cheering and clapping at the end.

There was this one time when Ben and Skander were looking out over the side of the ship and waved to all the people watching (I like to think he was waving at just me 😛 haha)

They had a break for about half an hour and I managed to see Skander literally 2 metres away, he smiled at me and my friend and we smiled back. I couldn’t think of anything to say anyway!!

Ben was walking around as well, close to the fence and waved to this other girl who lost it and almost fell on the ground hyperventilating!! It was pretty funny.

UPDATE: A video of the fight has appeared on YouTube, and a HD option is available!

• JadistarkilleR says:

that video was an excellent addition thanks! look at those moves on Edmund! w00T! 😀

• kissinkate says:

Finally we see Skandie!! I wonder how he celebrated his 18th birthday?…hmmmmm…

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Hurrah! First spoiler footage!! (Didn’t I say that I love spoilers??)

But by the Lion’s mane, what is WITH everybody fawning over Skandar? He’s human like anybody else. And instead of drooling over him (even though he is a good – no, wait, EXCELLENT – actor), it would do him much more good if we PRAY for him (and the other people involved in this too). Salvation is much more needed than fame and recognition.

(And I commend Ruthie for boldly putting "God bless" on this list of comments. Much appreciated!)

• Fire Fairy says:

Thank you for your sensible words. I, too, think a lot of people are overreacting. I mean, I think he’s cute and all, but like anyone else, it’s merely an infatuation. What’s the point of fawning and fainting over someone you’ll likely never meet? And, even if you did meet him, I don’t think he’d think much of you as an actual person if you started hyperventilating or something. But, then again, I’m just weird like that…

• Arwen says:

I totally agree!

• Silver the Wanderer says:

THANK YOU!!! 😛

• Alsan's my homeboy says:

ohh my goodness when I saw the head line I started freaking out! Even if they are playing around it will be so amazing! they are both so hot! I prefer Skandar over ben but they are still both very good looking!

• Alsan's my homeboy says:

I would seriously probably die or pass out if skandar smiled at me lol just saying

• tenthofthatname says:

Skandar moves like the wind! Check out that spin at 0:14, I love it.

• Aravis(narniafan#1) says:

I know! He’s starting to get as good as Will! I cannot wait for the movie! I hope they don’t change it from the book like PC. Thanks Tamara! You’re truly narnian!!!!

wow! they all look so different and older! skander! he looks like a man more than a boy now! and georgie! she looks 16 or something! ben, he looks totally different with all his changes! im guessing that scene’s just for a fun scene but i think its cool. ya know you do notice in the book that caspian and edmund have almost the same thing that caspian and peter had: a sort of conflict with position and such, and now that caspian’s king, it might be stranger too for them. but i like this idea, afterall a movie needs its enlightenments. sounds like a cool thing for them to do since they came back to narnia.

• narnian4life says:

O M Gosh I love it!!! Can’t wait to see more! Awesome X100000000000

• A_Narnian_Ship says:

So cool! Skander looks way different!

• Narnia Lover says:

ALSOME!!! MORE PICS OF SKANDAR!!! I can’t wait! Sail on VDT!!!

• loverforBen says:

Oh that is funny!!

• Weapon Master says:

It was a pretty cool scene. If you look carefully at one of the images, it seems that Caspian is fighting with Rhindon (Peter’s sword) because the blade and guard look very similar. I guess this is a follow-up to the end of the last movie, where Peter gave Caspian his sword.

• always narnian says:

Yes I think that’s weird.

i thought that too. i really does look alot like peter’s sword. if it is, i think thats cool, because its kinda like peter put the sword in caspian’s care, and afterall, he did basically give it to caspian at the end of PC. its like "im turing over my position to you in honor of taking my sword". i like that, it gives him and the pevensies a connection.

• Alambil and Tarva says:

I agree. I was actually hoping they’d have Caspian use Peter’s sword in VDT 🙂

• skandargirl_95 says:

OH MY GOODNESS!
        I’m getting scolded for looking this up while in classes,but it’s WORTH IT!
        anyway,with concerns to Caspian using Rhindon,I think it’s alright for them to let him use it[in this movie] because Peter handed the sword to him…
        …and isn’t he said to be the "fifth Pevensie"
        or is it just some new term I heard when the second film came out?

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I’m in class to , but my teacher doesn’t care as long as we’re not noisy or have any noise from the computer after she said we can get on whatever we want even e-mail(for free time) I loged on right away. I’ve already see it , but every time I see it again it gets better and better.

• ~Lava~ says:

I am not thrilled with the use of Rhindon. I am hoping it is just a sword that looks like it.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Omg This is Awsome! I wonder if this is the fight they do at deathwater(goldwater) Island or if they just put it in for something else. Any ways this is Awsome! I want to see the movie, more "hint clips", and this video again right away!!!

• always narnian says:

YUCK! Ben needs a new haircut! And clothes! YAY! It’s finally SKANDAR! Who we have wanted to see! Wow, and Georgie looks so much older! I am disappointed at how things are looking so far!

• ExtremeFan says:

i’m sure the movie will be a lot better than wat we’re seein rite now. give it some time.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Why? I think nearly everything looks great. The biggest thing I’m worried about right now is the "battles". I hope this counts as one of them…

• always narnian says:

Go SKANDAR! Yay… =D =D =D I am glad they’re not really in a ‘fight’. =D =D =D Go ED!

• edmund rox says:

YAY! Finally they have got pics of Skandar!!! He is the BEST! Which I know Always agrees with me! HEHE! Can’t wait to see him in this movie!

• ExtremeFan says:

heyy georgie looks taller now! or is it jus the picture? anywayy so kool to see skander in action!! and ben ofcourse.

• Reep13 says:

that was amazing video. I hope we see more of skandar soon!!!!!!!!!

• Shi of Narnia says:

Yay finally, it’s Edmund! Are they just practicing their sword-fighting skills or what? I hope this movie is good…

• ernesto torres chávez says:

chida todo gracias por todo por aver enviado las foto de la 3 pelicula de narnia

• greenbird37 says:

This is so cool…its good to see them working again!

• Rani says:

wow…. this is just amazing, especially Skandar and Georgie. hope the movie could finished ASAP!

• Narniabigfan says:

Tamara,you’re so lucky!Skandar smile at you!and cool video and pics by the way!

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Wow! Everyone is growing up! And to think not too long ago Georgie was that cute little eight year old and look at her now! She is getting so pretty! I’m going to miss her and Skandar in Silver Chair SO bad!

• NarniaRox says:

So many of the hints we’ve seen so far seem out of place. I dont know how much they are going to change the movie from the book.
    I just hope it’s not too much.

• Mark Sommer says:

There is a report on ContactMusic.com that Barnes received a fat lip when Skandar accidentally struck him with his sword. I assume this must be the same scene. http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/story/barnes-nursing-movie-battle-wounds_1115610

• CrazyPantsdance says:

Thank you TAMARA!! you are simply amazing with all these updates.
    Everything looks awesome, and seems to be coming along well. I can’t wait to see the movie! It’s too far away.
    And I’m pretty sure that if Skandar smiled at me, I would’ve reacted like the other girl did to Ben. =D

• narnianerd says:

Thats so weird… I did a scpipt were Ed and Caspian dueled…

• SavedByGrace says:

Wow!! Ben kinda looks like Will Turner(so says my brother). They all look so much older now.

• Lutra's Pearl says:

I didn’t even see the video tell just a couple minutes ago! And I was on here when it was posted yesterday morning. Keep the story of Aslan alive!

you know i just noticed something. is it just me, or the bad quality of the camera, or something, but, is the sword caspian’s holding peter’s sword? because i notice that edmund’s holding a telmarine sword, or a sword thats looks very close to the sword caspian had in PC, so what sword is caspian holding? it almost does look like peter’s sword!

• Abigail Vidal says:

It is Rhindon!!! Two friends and I watched it over and over and we saw the lion head on the end and the crossguard. Plus the fact that the blade is wide, and the Telmarine sword that Edmund is using is skinny. 😀

• Jill Pole says:

I think it’s really awesome! You guys are great! All of you Narnia fans!!!!

• skandyfan says:

Oh god! I am looking forward to see Skandar swordfighting! I love the pics of him! An if he would smile at me, I would freak out! =)

• narniawardrobe says:

wow, what an awesome updates!thanks for the video too.

• narnianerd says:

it is Peters sword! caspian has peters sword yippy (Lol)

• Mark Friedrich says:

Kind of what I expected

• K. J. Hill says:

Yay!!! I love it! I’m sooooooooo excited to see the movie!!!

• Georgie-fan says:

WOW!!! This is sooo cool!I LOVE these photos!!! I wonder why edmund wuz fighting caspian, there wasnt a fight between them in the book!

• Narniafan#1 says:

Those are really cool!!! Ben’s Hair is getting really long!
    Did Edmund and Caspian ever sword fight together on the boat? Or are they just practicing?

• Narnia&The_North says:

Cool video!!! Thanks for posting… loved watching it! I can’t wait for Dec. 2010!

• Loyal Narnian says:

Hey did anyone notice the writing on the ship’s pillar by Caspian in the 1st pictures. It talks about thanking the ship’s crew or something. What is that?

• Nacho says:

rotfl
    Qoute: Ben was walking around as well…he waved to this girl who almost fell on the ground hyperventaillating!
    lol, looks like Ben and Skander decided to have some fun playing around with the fangirls.

• valentine says:

wow…..this is great…..or ben and skandar are great…they are like gentle and also hard wind…..they are awesome….i dont have more words 😀

• Aliea says:

ok… first Caspian has a sword fight with Peter… now he has one with Edmund (and he gets hit in the lip)… who’s next? Ramandu?? lol! i think Ed might have been thinking "Forget about Susan or i shall duel with you." lol

• Me Sa U Sa says:

Man, I wish I got youtube on my dumb computer.

• Anonymous Narnian says:

This is great. Apparently what they do for fun on the Dawn Treader, judging by the cheers of the crew. It’s good to get a steady stream of Skandar (forgive the alliteration) pictures and videos coming in nowadays. I can’t help but laugh at Ben’s little injury. So great when you get battle scars from your films.

• WarriorQueen says:

Love the video! Skander looks great!

• X says:

I can’t wait to see this fight!!!! Caspian is always amazing and him using Rhindon is even more amazing!!!!!!!!

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry