Photos: Georgie Henley on the Dawn Treader

Posted September 19, 2009 10:30 pm by Glumpuddle

Georgie with SwordDozens of pictures and videos have been posted online over the past few weeks, but Georgie Henley has been noticeably missing from them for the most part. Now, we finally have some clear shots of her on board the Dawn Treader, and she sure has grown up. Be sure to read the blog entry as well:

View the photos here (Notice the cordial at her side)

Lucy on the Dawn Treader

These photos may start more discussion about the actors’ ages. In the book, Lucy is a year older than Eustace (10, 9), but Georgie Henley is actually two and a half years younger than Will Poulter (15, 16.5). This does not necessarily mean the filmmakers have changed it so that Eustace is older. Filmmakers typically cast actors based on how old they appear, not necessarily how old they actually are.

Thanks to Lady ร‰owyn.

UPDATE: Thanks to Tamara, we have two new pictures of Georgie in which she is wearing a different costume, and what looks like a sword (not a dagger) on her belt!

Georgie with Sword

Georgie

• daughter of the King says:

A sword? This could get interesting…….And I still don’t see this little girl that everyone keeps talking about, where is she?

Look at the last picture. The man has his arm around the little girl. And look at the "12 new pictures" news story. The little girl is standing to the left of Lucy, in the sixth picture. Hope that helps.

• Mark Friedrich says:

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Georgie Having a sword? something’s wrong here.

• Roguewolf says:

I thought she typically uses the bow & arrows?

• nathan cool dude says:

i thought you were typically gay

• Aravia(narniafan#1) says:

Yea, I thought so too. And maybe the reason she’s calling for Edmund is because he fell overboard or got hit by the serpent or something… And I’m glad she’s wearing Caspain’s clothes. But I hope she has a narnian dres when she leaves. Because this is her last time in Narnia!

• HappyGiant says:

Nathan, please stop saying those sort of things. thanks!
        btw, georgie looks awesome, can’t waiut to see more pics of her!

• SavedByGrace says:

Hey, Nathan, please don’t say things like that; it’s not nice.

I really don’t know what to think about Georgie; in one picture she looks older, and then in the next she looks younger. And, I am not too wild about the sword. A dagger would be better, I think.

• Roguewolf says:

Nathan, that was really uncalled for! I am talking about a movie! And btw, I am intitled to have my own oppinion, am I not?

• Roguewolf says:

Yes, her dagger would be excellent!

• Kris says:

She looks a bit uncomfortable with the sword. Perhaps she’s holding it for someone or someone says, "get me my sword" or something and she grabs it for them. Just a thought. Lucy with a sword would be prettt akward!

• princess Arya says:

I agree with MonkeySaru about ‘Lucy the Valiant’ and not ‘Lucy the Gentle’. But remember, Lucy is very brave. That she should be unarmed on this voyage, would be to underestimate her. And I think it would be right too when it comes to the Dufflepuds attacking(?) them.

• narniafan4ever says:

Well, Lucy has a bow when they prepare to fight the Dufflepuds. So, I hope they give her Susan’s bow….that would be neat.
        Also, Nathan…Please stop those rude remarks and comments. This website is for commenting on the stories and updates….nothing more. Plus, it can put a bad name on this website as well. I think we need to continue praying for him, everyone. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Baraslan says:

Well, in the book, Caspian offers her some clothes after she comes aboard. Maybe it’s just part of the ensemble of clothing he gives her. It doesn’t mean she’s suddenly going ‘Xena, Warrior Princess’ or anything. It *is* a perilous voyage. I don’t see why Caspian wouldn’t give her something to *defend* herself with – which is different than her charging into the fight.

• MonkeySaru says:

Guys, she’s "Queen Lucy the Valiant", not "Queen Lucy the Gentle". ๐Ÿ˜‰ This is why I’m absolutely fine with her having a sword in this one rather than Susan going all warrior in the other one. It’s just the way they pulled it off that bugged me. She was too hot-shot about it, not really defending for her country. :/ Anyway. It would be awesome to see Georgie get in some fighting action in this one. Not the kind that will demean her character, but the kind that will show that she’s a 20+ year old Queen and not a thirteen year old or however old she is now.

• StoryGirl says:

I’m totally with you MonkeySaru. ๐Ÿ™‚ Go Lucy!

• Aslan's Meadow says:

I think it’s a great idea….Lucy having a sword.

• nathan cool dude says:

narnia is awsome it is ba like BA BR

• Mark Friedrich says:

But remember she dose have a dagger to protect her self.

• Mark Friedrich says:

By the way, Georgie looks great.

• Mark Friedrich says:

I Just ment she looks great.

• HappyGiant says:

NathanCD, we’d rather you refrain from calling anyone that.
        Yeah, she does look awesome! She looks so much older.

• Griffle says:

Strike two…

This isn’t really the type of site you should be using that kind of language. Think hard about what you’re saying. Oh, why do I bother, I’ve already read the rest of your comments… sigh…

• Jill Pole says:

Please STOP Nathan! G-d doesn’t like that!
        Anyway, sorry guys. I think that Georgie is a beautiful child of G-d. I’m sooooo happy for her! Her oufit is sublime! I bet she’ll be great! Thanks Georgie! =)

• narniafan4ever says:

Agreed. She is a beautiful girl created by God. ๐Ÿ™‚ So are all the other people of the world. ๐Ÿ™‚

• ImaNarnian says:

I just got to say this. Sorry if I embarrassed you, Mark. But when u said she looks great, the 1rst thing that popped into my head was: AW!!! Young Love. Do u have a crush on her? Just wondering…

• HappyGiant says:

People say someone is great and not have a crush on them! It happens all the time.

• Jill Pole says:

Someone can be a friend of an opposite gender(you better watch to whom you’re addressing there, Mark could really be a friend of Georgie, so everyone needs respect) and still not have a crush or whatever on them. It’s inmature to say that. I don’t mean to seem bossy, you guys are great . . .as long as you dopn’t use foul language . . .please Nathan! I’m sorry.

• narniafan4ever says:

Agreed!

• Lutra's Pearl says:

If you remember she is the on that was the fighter in th horse and his boy. And this is after that so it would make scence. Keep the story of Aslan alive!

• Mark Friedrich says:

She was in the Horse and his Boy. However she wasn’t supposed to fight in VOD.

• HappyGiant says:

Now that you mention it, there are no fighting w/ wepons in VotDT at all! But I’m ok with a battle, as long as it isn’t like fledged out war (which it actually might be, considering what Ben barnes said about ‘pitched battles’.

• SavedByGrace says:

Ther aren’t any minators mentioned in the book, either.

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

I love swords! Who says girls can’t have swords? SWORDS ROCK!!!! I like this idea! I never could picture her with a bow in the book. Go Lucy and the sword!

• Mark Friedrich says:

the Problem with a sword is it doesn’t fit in with the series of books. I don’t know about you, But I like to have things just the way they are, mainly straight from the books.

• Jill Pole says:

Thank you! I realllly want them to stick to the book. Well . . .I guess that is sort of hard to do if you’re making the movie. Her sword is cool, though I wonder what she’ll do with it . . .We’ll have to wait and see! =)

• Lucy&Reepicheep says:

I agree with you Mirima, swords are awesome, and I think it would be good for her to have a sword, Go Lu,

• Reepicheep says:

I can say that I agree with both of you I Love swords they rock!!!!! But I would like the movie to stay like the book.
        TVDT Was My favorite book so far(I havent read all of them…yet) And I wouldnt like it if they made the movie way, way differently….it would make me quite sad!!!!!but GO NARNIA AND THE NORTH(And ASLAN!!!:):):):)

• Reepicheep3 says:

I am actally Reepicheep3 not just Reepicheep I cant belive I spelt my name rong that is just sad so for all of your info my name is Reepicheep3!!!!

• Narniamiss says:

No one is saying "girls can’t have swords," but it isn’t accurate to the book at all. I do like the idea, but I’m wondering why she would need one.

• Lirenel says:

Just because she has a sword doesn’t mean she’ll use it. But Lucy *was* the "warrior-woman", so to speak, not Susan.

So I would have no problem with her wearing or using a sword. Actually, it makes me happy because I was thinking people had forgotten "Queen Lucy the Valiant".

• Princess Arya says:

Exactly! It seems to me like Lucy and Susan’s personalities were swapped. Although I know Susan was the one who got the bow from Father Christmas, according to HHB she didn’t often use it.

• Boke_Wyrm says:

That’s a cool jacket, it appears to be under the red vest or jerkin that we’ve seen them wearing. I sure hope it breathes OK. Didn’t Ms. Henley have a sword in the rowboat shots a few weeks ago? If this is the same sword, it is one cool piece of hardware.

• skandyfan says:

In my opinion it is perfect! I just canยดt imagine Lucy with a bow, cause sheยดs not like Susan. I would say sheยดs braver. So I think itยดs pretty cool that she gets one in VOD!

• Roguewolf says:

Man, this is really starting to get off track! Why does she need a sword? There’s no real battles and I think bows & arrows are neat! Why is it so hard to imagine her as an archer? It doesn’t make her any less brave!

• HappyGiant says:

I just can’t imagine Lucy with a bow, maybe you can, and that’s good, I guess. Thing is, I’m actually sort of happy she has a sword because I was afraid Lucy might seem to much like Susan.

• Roguewolf says:

I understand, completely. It’s just seems like one thing after another is being change (some for the better) and I just wonder, "where will this all lead"? I just don’t want them to change the plot too much! Sure, it’s just a movie, not the end of the world, but I really love the book. Do you understand what I mean?

• Beth says:

Remember, Lucy was who actually wanted to fight in LWW. "I think I could be brave enough." It makes much more sense for her to be carrying a sword here.

• Roguewolf says:

Ah, yes! But do you remember what Father Christmas said? "Battles are nasty affairs with girls involved" (paraphasing). Mind you, that’s what the author believes, not me.

• Caspian says:

Not that girls can’t use swords, but Lucy having one is a little un-canonical. I believe she preferred the dagger. And bow. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Hopefully she won’t have to use it (with Inigo Montoya, the NinjaJedi Kind…er, Edmund, and Useless C.S. to protect her, she should be as safe as if Reep was the one with the big sharp pointy object. ;D)

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

haha. You’re funny, Caspian. "Inigo Montoya" and "Useless C.S.". ๐Ÿ˜€ Only, "U.C.S." won’t be doing any protecting… until later (wow, just realized how /funny/ that sounds! Eustace /protecting/ in VDT!). ;P

• HappyGiant says:

Eustace protecting in VotDT is sort of funny… ;). But then, what kid whose name sounds like Useless will protect anyone?
        haha, Inigo Montaya and NingaJedi… ๐Ÿ˜€

• Xenithar says:

She’s grown quite a lot since LWW. And what’s wrong about having a sword? It seems plenty sensible to me to carry one on a long and dangerous voyage :p

• Last King of Narnia says:

It appears to look like a Dwarven sword from the hilt design. In the name of adventure and exploration I guess I really don’t mind Lucy having a sword…But PLEASE do not turn her into a Miss Rambo who goes on unstoppable rampages(Ahem Susan the "Gentle"). Don’t misunderstand me, a woman having a weapon is NOT bad but useing it to become someone she(or he) is not destroys them.
    ~Further up and Further in~

• Ariel_of_Narnia says:

Sweetness! But I have to say: I think she should have a bow and arrows rather than a sword. (After all, that’s the way it was in VDT.) She looks great! Yay Lu!

• Jackie Lewis says:

Is it just me (am I being hopeful) or does that sword look somewhat like Rhindon? Peter did give it to Caspian, but it would be too big for Lucy, right? Someone say something logical against this theory.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

Alright, here’s some logic agianst it….We’ve already seen pics of Caspian with..which appears..to be Rhindon.
      (ok, not the most convincing)

• Princess Arya says:

Logic! Why don’t they teach logic in these schools? lol jk
        But unfortunately since I haven’t taken any logic classes either, I can only use common sense here:
        It doesn’t look too much like Rhindon to me, because all I could see was the hilt. And if we know Peter gave the sword to Caspian, I don’t think Lucy would have it. (After all, ๐Ÿ˜‰ it was Peter’s gift from Father Christmas. I don’t think Lucy would use it. That would probably cause a problem with fans!!!)

• Fire Fairy says:

Actually, I got a good look at it, and it doesn’t resemble Rhindon in the least bit. I don’t think anybody has anything to worry about.

• 220chrisTian says:

The costume is confusing to me. It doesn’t look like something from the Dawn Treader. It looks like something she would be wearing either before she enters Narnia [London?] or after the voyage is over [wedding?]. But I could be wrong. And is the item on her belt a sword or part of a satchel?

• narniafan4ever says:

Well, the clothing she is wearing is supposed to be borrowed from Caspian. The clothing she was wearing when she entered Narnia got wet. That is also why it all looks so big on her. ๐Ÿ™‚

• 220chrisTian says:

Thanks for the info. But I realized her costume had something to do with the crew in armor. And, yes, it’s a sword. They’re filming on the ship!

• Edmund-is-hot says:

Oh, I don’t want her to have a sword really. I’m not sure it will be right….but we’ll just have to see.

• BA BR says:

i love narnia !!!!!!

• katrina says:

cool pics, but i think Lucy should stick to her dagger. but i guess we’ll just have to wait and see, maybe it won’t turn out to be bad!

• Starlight and Snowflake says:

i think that’s called girl power go georgie

• Lucy&Reepicheep says:

I think its fine the Lucy has a sword as long as it isn’t her’s, it would be fun to see Lucy’s dagger in the movie, but her having a sword shows a bit of maturity

• Weapon Master says:

I don’t know if I’m too wild about Lucy having a sword. Not that she couldn’t handle it, but I would prefer that she sticks to a bow and dagger like the books say.

• georgiefan1 says:

yes yes yes!!! love the pics!!!

• BenBarnesGal says:

SWORD?! WOW! LUCY MUST HAVE GROWN ALOT FROM THE GIRL WHO DIDN’T EVEN USE A DAGGER!!!

i think its cool she has a sword!!! i love it when they allow girl characters to get swords. i was thinking they’d give her a bow or something, but wow a sword, thats cool! i always thought they should have given susan a sword in PC.

• Fire Fairy says:

Wait, hold on. I thought Georgie was 14, not 15. Is that a typo? Because I seem to remember imdb saying her birthday was July 5, 1995. That would make her 14…besides, two and half years younger would be 14, not 15. Sorry, it just confused me for a bit. Probably a typo.

• scrubb says:

LUV IT!!!

• narnian says:

lucy with a sword???
    since when they gave lucy some sword- fighting lessons??
    whatever, since it’s already been filming, i hope she will do somthing with it.

• narnia_lover127 says:

i think it is ok for her to have a sword, but i’m still not a huge fan of her still not in a narnian dress. i hope she doesn’t wear Caspian’s clothes for the whole film

• HighTrinitythesilentwarriour says:

Lucy with a sword? Haahahha! Yeah, Lucy with her dagger and vial,okay. but with a Sword? not exactly what the book say.

• narniafan4ever says:

Well, Lucy does have the vial in the book, but she didn’t get her dagger back. So, yes they didn’t say that she had a sword in the book, but it will be an interesting twist. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am glad that they put the vial of cordial in there, though. ๐Ÿ™‚

• HighTrinitythesilentwarriour says:

who gives A Right to Lucy sword-fighting? that’s Wrong

• Sandra says:

Maybe it’s only an extremely long dagger after all, Lucy can’t be holding a sword.

• narnian says:

it’s impossible 4 that 2 be a long dagger, cus a dagger is basiclly a short kind of knife.

• Battle Hero says:

I really think this non-violent book could be transformed into the best film of 2009-well, 2010.
    I’m counting down the days!!

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry