Video: Eustace and a Minotaur

Posted September 13, 2009 5:08 pm by Glumpuddle

The latest video posted by NarniaWeb Spy Tamara shows the crew filming a scene in which Eustace (Will Poulter) runs into a minotaur on board the Dawn Treader. You can also see Howard Berger with the minotaur, and 2nd AD Jeff Okabayashi talking through the microphone (left side).

(Double-click the video to go to the YouTube page)

NarniaFans recently posted pictures from this scene. View them here.

UPDATE: Tamara sent us pictures and a report:

Hi, I went to the set again this morning and last Friday. Unfortunately I didn’t see anything to too exciting this time. I did get some shots of Will but that was about it. Some of the photos I have included show the bronze statue, and you can see in the photos that they look like fauns, but they have no horns.. Also, I only just noticed that some of the Narnian crew have different coloured outfits. Some are blue (top) and maroon (pants) and some are maroon (top) and blue (pants). Am I the only person who’s just noticed that?? Haha. Do you think it’s got to do with ranking??
A funny story, there were a whole bunch of people crammed right up at the fence watching and a few of them started to call out to Shane Rangi who was walking around. He came over to talk to them and this little old lady asked him to pose while she took a picture and he gave all the little kids high five’s (don’t reckon they’d have a clue who he was lol). I couldn’t hear what he was saying but everyone was laughing really loudly and some guy came over and had to tell everyone to shut up!
I also heard some people talking and apparently this is the last week that they will be filming at Cleveland!

IMG_0908

To looks to me like Eustace’s first encounter with a minotaur. Maybe he is unconscious when they first take him on board the ship. Then he wakes up surrounded by creatures and freaks out.

• Matthias of Redwall says:

yeah,could be.When the three of them are dragged thru the painting maybe Eustace couldn’t swim and he blacked out.

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Boy, when Eustace saw the minotaur he looked like he was about to abandon ship! I would be in shock in awe and fear personally. Keep those videos coming, lucky Australian people! Oh yeah and glumpuddle that would be hilarious.

• aravistarkheena says:

I know right! Remember when he saw the minotour? He looked like he was dying inside! ha ha can’t wait for this in theaters!

• Aravis(narniafan#1) says:

Maybe so, but it also could be that he did something wrong and he’s trying to hide some place. Several other reasons, though.

• Anonymous Narnian says:

That would be interesting, GP. Adding to the psych of suddenly being surrounded by mythical creatures and also to his resentment of being in Narnia.

• ~Lava~ says:

Another thing is that he could be running from Reep and runs into the minotaur while he is running away.

Could be. But look at the way it’s filmed. Look at the camera and imagine how it will look. Looks to me like seeing the minotaur is supposed to be a total shock for Eustace.

• graycsc says:

Yeah, I think he’s running for any number of reasons, maybe reep and the fight he challenges him to, and he runs into a minotaur for the first time since he’s been on the ship. It actually looks to me like he’s encountered the minotaur already but he’s still not used to them and he’s not expecting one to be right there in front of him

• Flurrin says:

=D Awesome!!! Can’t wait to see that in the movie!

TOO COOL!! Sorry to anyone who is against the minotaurs, but I love them! (The only thing I don’t like is they weren’t in the book, but otherwise I think they’re cool)

Whoops. I was so excited I posted too fast. I was going to say poor Eustace, though, to bump into a minotaur when he’d never seen one before. That WOULD be scary. Ok, done talking.

• NarniaNut says:

Dont worry;I love minotaurs,too.I love Otmin 🙂

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Man Eustace looked like he was about to abandon ship when he saw the Minotaur! I would be frozen in shock in awe and fear if I saw one personally. Too cool. Keep ’em coming, lucky Australian people!

• tenthofthatname says:

The uncut version of Otmin’s fight with Oreius in The Battle is one of my favorites!

• LadyLiln says:

Not necessarily against minotaurs or artistic liberty, minotaurs just seem out of place onboard VDT. I think any massive creature’s appearance will be jolting and magnified on a ship.

Even so I think they’re the perfect creatures to first scare Eustace out of his wits. They’ll do the trick. 🙂

I agree that minotaurs seem a little out of place on the Dawn Treader, but I’m hoping they won’t be too conspicuous. Once you get used to them, I mean. Of course to Eustace, that minotaur would be WAY more than conspicuous 🙂

• NarniaNut says:

WOW!!!!!I finally made it third place!
    anyway,if ya want to see something wierd,check out the BBC edition of the Narnia movies.
    personally,I like the new Narnia movies better.
    Anyway,the movie Tamara posted is cool.
    Go Narnia!!!!!!

• NarniaNut says:

Sorry,sorry,sorry!
      I took so long writing my comment that about 4 people got their comments in before me!

• daughter of the King says:

You have to remember that the BBC was done in the 80s and it was a miniseries, so there’s no way technologically speaking they could ever match up. However, their adaptations were far better, they understood the characters a lot better than the movies do.

• NarniaNut says:

Okay,you have a point.But I still think they talk too much and the beavers look like one of the wookies in star wars!

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Ya, I couldn’t tell what they were at first either, But I got use to it after watching all of them a while. just so you know I borrowed them from my grandma so I had them for a while and I watched them all at seperate times so I had to watch the the ones before too( sorry if I’m taking so long).

• tenthofthatname says:

I think the BBC version reflects the time and environment in which the books came out, not just in special effects but in the way themes and portrayals were done. I think the BBC version would be considered suitable for a 50s audience. The new movies probably aren’t, but that’s the appeal of the stories and the universe CS Lewis created. CoN is to an extent timeless in nature, any generation can still find something likable about them as the success of the movies prove today.

• TumnusTheBrave says:

haha love eustace

• Lucy says:

I wish i could watch them filming the Voyage of the Dawn Treader.
    I am going to watch it in the movie theater when it comes out. I wish Susan and Peter was in it:)

• 7chronicles says:

I Love Will Poulter as Eustace! I hope he starts yelling to take him to the British Consul!

• Princess Arya says:

I saw the title "Eustace and a Minotaur" and about freaked out!!! (Not because I didn’t like the idea, but I thought "This is bound to be interesting…") One of my favorite scenes in Vodt was always Eustace and Reep’s encounter when Eustace swings him around by the tail. I soo can’t wait to see the whole film!

• The Batman says:

I always loved that part of the book, too! It’s so funny! Thanks so much for the video, Tamara! I can’t believe we’re actually seeing clips of the movie while it’s being filmed! Totally sweet.

• TheOneFromNarnia says:

hahaha,
    I´m gonna laugh when i will see the movie
    XD

• Lucy says:

I saw some parts already from the BBC Narnia I mostly like the White Witch.I wish that VDT wouldn’t come out in 2010.

• Mark Friedrich says:

I don’t understand why we had minotour in the Prince Caspian Movie, I mean Minotours aren’t even in the Prince Caspian book. I hope there aren’t any Minotours in VOD.

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

Didn’t you see the Minotaur in the video? That’s sort of what this whole news post was about. lol

• Eden says:

It is soo cool to actually see parts of the filming of VotDT!
    I can’t wait to see the movie! I hope they keep the character of Eustace just like the book.
    It’s amazing how many videos we are getting! Thanks to all of you in Australia who have gone down there and shot photos or took videos!

• Em says:

*Blood-curdling screams* Oh, this is killing me! My computer won’t let me watch any videos online. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

• Narniamiss says:

I am more and more surprised at how Tamara keeps getting these videos! I am very happy we have a source on the inside, so to speak! Neat scene, too bad it is so short. But yeah, kind of looks like Eustace is freaking out there.

• daughter of the King says:

Eustace seeing a Minotaur will definitely be interesting when we can see the whole thing. The reason I don’t like Minotaurs on the Dawn Treader is because they’re the bad guys, it feels like Stormtroopers are now fighting with the Rebels.

• NarniaNut says:

You watched Star Wars.
      I saw it to

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

Minotaurs aren’t necessarily bad guys. their just as narnian as any other narnian. They were just traitors in The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Several hundred years later in Prince Caspians, their descendants are nice again because the white witch isn’t around anymore

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Ya, I mean if you listen carefuly and think about it when they say "even the slightest of enemys can unite the oldest of foes" (sorry if I’m noyt exact I know it "unite" or "reunite"). Anyways It means that someone currently attacking needs everyone of that land to help defete. And they say" Wasn’t it your people who fought along side the White Witch. Yes and I’ll gladly do it again if it would rid us of these barbarians" . Which means you may not like it but to free your land you need to team up with the people you dispise. So the minotaurs eventually.

• daughter of the King says:

As Trufflehunter says "…we would not have Aslan on our side if we had that sort with us…(paraphrased, Prince Caspian)"
        I would go along with Minotaurs becoming good guys after all these years, except in the book they specifically do not contact any of the creatures who formerly fought for the White Witch.

• Ugly Pig says:

Hm… Shouldn’t Reepicheep be the first "creature" Eustace encounters?

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

How do you know that this is the first creature he encounters? You don’t. And so what if it is. It’s not like they HAVE to follow the book word by word.

• Leolani says:

Yes, we Know that Reepicheep is the first creature he encounters because we have read the book, and I would suggest that you should too. And they would be following the book nearly word for word if I (and many others who grew up loving the books) could have our way.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

They already have a version that is a word for word adaption. It is called the BBC version. I think BBC showed that even if you follow the books word perfectly you’re not guaranteed a great film.

• Leolani says:

Yes, I saw the BCC ones long before the new ones came out. And they were great films for their day, before CGI technology. The adaptations were far better than the newer ones. The BCC one didn’t do very good with PC, but still they did far better than the new one.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Well, to me BBC wasn’t better, although it was word for word. It was a total bore. I can easily look over the special effects in the BBC films. I’m talking about the script. I don’t know, maybe the actors just made poor deliveries on just about every line…All I know is that it didn’t capture the wonder of Narnia, (and I think it was possible to do, even with the limited budget they had).

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

Leolani, I meant, "What makes you think that the minatour is the first creature he encounters." We only saw one glimpse of Eustace as he was running around. He could of already saw Reepicheep earlier.

And I’ve read all the books multiple times, thank you very much. I just don’t see why they have to follow the book word for word. I love VDT and all but it could use a little help.

• Leolani says:

I apologize, I misunderstood. But I still think they should be conservative in their use of poetic license (or whatever it is called when referring to adapting a book, lol)

• JadistarkilleR says:

that was when Reep was the only Narnian creature on ship. obviously on the film there are a lot more creatures than him. i have no problems with Will running around the ship being frightened witless by seeing Narnian creatures. it serves to underline how completely narrow minded he is and would only better his character when he redeems himself later on.

• Ugly Pig says:

My point is; why is he so disgusted with Reepicheep if he’s already encountered a bunch of weird creatures? That is the beginning of the animosity between Reep and Eustace which is fairly significant in the early parts of the story.

• Leolani says:

I agree completely ugly pig!

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

omg! That little clip we saw of them filming is probably just one of many parts of that scene. He has probably already seen reepicheep. Then he gets freaked out again from seeing the minotaur. I know I would freak out if I saw a minotaur even after I just saw a talking mouse.

• Princess Arya says:

Yes, I imagine it probably goes like Eustace saying, "Ah! It’s a mouse that talks!" Then he freaks out, runs and smashes into the Minotaur.

• JadistarkilleR says:

for the simple reason that Reep is one gigantic, sword-wielding rat… err mouse. to Eustace who isnt used to fantastical anything, any talking, upright walking animal is frightening.

one more thing, we dont know how movie-Eustace will react to Reep. in the books he grabs him by the tail and tries to fling him off like any other pest. movie-Eustace could react a bit differently, we dont know how that will play out. but suffice it to say the underlying feeling of fright and revulsion that Eustace feels is being set up, we see that from the footages we’re lucky enough to see this early on.

• Matthias of Redwall says:

I really want to know who is playing Ramandu!!!
    I think maybe they already cast him,but they are waiting until later filming to announce him.Anybody have any ideas on this???

• ASLAN'S CHILD says:

cool. but i still can’t get use to the idea of having a minotaur on the ship!!but it will be fine1!!i hope…..

• Lucy says:

I love Minotaurs.
    The Dawn Treader looked so awesome the first time I saw it that right away I wanted to ride it so much.
    And I really don’t really like how Caspian looks with a beard and mustache.

• JadistarkilleR says:

if they had Ben without the beard he wouldnt look like he has aged at all, because even if Skandar and Georgie have obviously matured, Ben looks exactly the same as he did two years ago. i kid you not (its the genes!). so they had to make adjustments to Caspian’s look to "match" the look on the kids.

• pogginfan says:

I wonder when this scene will take place? He’s wearing British clothes, but he’s not wet. It must be after his clothes are dry and Lucy gives him a drop from her cordial.

• NarniaNut says:

Huh?What?Who or what is Poggin?

• Princess Arya says:

pogginfan — yes, that sounds about right. Near the beginning right after they come onto the ship.

NarniaNut — Poggin is a dwarf, I believe. I think he’s in The Last Battle. If you’ve read LB, he’s the only Dwarf who joins Tirian.

that does seem right. perhaps he was dazed or unconcious, and she helped him, and he got up, and ran out of the door freaking out of where he was. i like trying to figure out when scenes are! it gives us something to think about and be creative about the movie!

• Pattertwigs Pal says:

I completely agree with you Pogginfan. I was wondering if anyone else was going to pick up on that. If it was soon after he had come aboard the ship, he would be wet. I hope they have a way to make it so that the first creature he sees is Reep. That is important to set up their relationship. I hope this scene is when he is running away from Reep.

• NarniaNut says:

Oh,that guy!I forgot all about him!
      . I meant to send this reply to Princess Arya but there wasn’t a reply button!
      Go Narnia! 🙂

• Princess Arya says:

I have read the books at least dozens of times. When I saw your question the words "Poggin the Dwarf" came to my mind. At first I didn’t remember, than I was like, "Oh yeah! Him!"

• NarniaNut says:

Wow.I’ve only read the whole books once but I’m constantly rereading parts.I think my favorite one is ‘The Silver Chair’.I luv Jill. 🙂

• Lucy says:

okay so why is everyone so crazy about Eustace!

• JadistarkilleR says:

because its Eustace! 😀 the kid with the smartest mouth that side of Narnia 😛

also there has been a dearth of anything Eustace related, some photos came out but we cant post them since they came from that extortionist papz site. most of the week was exciting with Caspian and Edmund and Lucy, but everyone knows that Eustace is the new guy, and he was noticeably absent in their scenes.

• Silver the Wanderer says:

Yay it’s Eustace! We haven’t seen much of him. When I saw this video, I couldn’t help but laugh. He looks freaked out! Haha 😛

• Nanriafan#1 says:

That is really cool! I wounder which part that was. was it when they first get on the ship? oh well. It looks really cool. =D

i think it probably is when they first get on the ship. he really does look terribly scared, so he must be freaking out of where he is.

• tenthofthatname says:

Eustace looks hilarious. As for no minotaurs in the book, if the movies were kept strictly to the books with no embellishing or enriching then it wouldn’t be a movie to begin with. The books aren’t long or descriptive enough for a full length movie to NOT take some creative liberties. If you have a problem with creative license then don’t look at anything else other than the books themselves.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I agree because after I watched the bbc version of The Silver Chair I didn’t want to read the book because the others have been so much like the book that I figured that was like the book to and when I did I got bored, but I aws wrong like a year later I read the book and the movie was so off I mean Jill wasn’t even blonde.

• tenthofthatname says:

I feel the same way in general, the BBC version brought nothing new to the world of Narnia for me. The current films are different for sure, but I really like what they brought to the world of Narnia. And honestly if it were up to me, The Silver Chair couldn’t be done without a hard PG or 12A rating. It was a particularly morbid book and to my memory the only one that involves cannibalism so to speak, eating a Talking Stag and all!

• Narniapinoy says:

I totally agree! say it to GP’s face. ^^

• daughter of the King says:

Yes, creative license should be used when making adaptations, but only to make the story better. Prince Caspian was perhaps a better movie, but it was not a better story. Above all, the goal should be to tell a good story, not just a good movie. If it will improve the story, then creative license should be used in excess, but so far the films have not improved the stories, only made them different.

• tenthofthatname says:

What makes a story "better" is going to be purely subjective. Several people think the relationship between Peter and Caspian made the story better, several people do not, and some think it made the story worse purely for giving the characters a facet to their personalities that wasn’t there in the books. I have to disagree with the latter’s point of view because for me PC answered a question that was completely avoided in the book: How do the Pevensies feel being made young again? For me this is integral to the realism of a character and it was missing in the book. The film put it in. That makes for a good story to me, even if that makes the story a little more adult than the books intended.

• Leolani says:

The book didn’t avoid answering that question, it just wasn’t an issue. The Pevensies were fine with it, as mature noble kings and queens ought to be. They didn’t lose their maturity when they came back to London. The movie created that issue, causing Peter to be very childish and foolish and not like the High King of Narnia at all!

• tenthofthatname says:

If we’re to go by your theory they were so mature that being made 15 years younger again had no influence or effect on them whatsoever then none of them should have been allowed back to Narnia because they were all, metaphorically speaking, too old and had learned all they can. In the movie, Peter goes from having his pride be his weakness to maturing and passing on Narnia to Caspian. That scene where he says "We’re not really needed here anymore." is a huge step in growth compared to the beginning of the movie, and that to me makes much more sense if they aren’t allowed to return because they had learned all they can. By this point in the movie it’s true, we have seen Peter regain the meaning of what it is to be king, from the boy getting into fights in the underground into a man who can look Caspian in the eye and hand him Rhindon without shame.

• Princess Arya says:

My opinion on it is pretty complicated, I guess. I hope the filmmakers can find a good balance between adding action to the movies to build on them and between rewriting the stories. I agree with tentofthatname that “the books aren’t long enough or descriptive enough for a full length movie to not take some creative liberties.” I think added action makes them more developed as well as more entertaining (like in LWW, the opening scene with the London Blitz, or when the wolves corner the kids at the waterfall).
        PC, on the other hand, is rewritten. Peter’s character, contrary to the book, is much changed. Although it may occur to other people, the question “How did he feel to be a school kid after being a high king so many years” hadn’t occurred to me, or at least not to an extent that I worried about it and thought the filmmakers should have embellished it. Aren’t the kids supposed to be matured from their experience in Narnia, not getting into street fights now “at their ages”? Such as the situation between Caspian and Susan. The reason for their relationship was supposed to be because considering how old they are, you might be expecting romance to go on between the two of them. But who would have thought the movie was missing out on romance if it had been left out, especially because it wasn’t in the book in the first place?
        Sorry to write so much 😀 I could probably write more, but this is what I think.

• tenthofthatname says:

Princes Arya: A king in Narnia isn’t treated the same way as a boy is treated in London. These boys bumped Peter then tried to make him apologize. In Narnia, no one would dare attempt that without consequences following. In TSC Aslan permits Caspian to visit Earth and whip a couple of school bullies for Eustace and Jill. We’re to assume at the time Caspian had the mentality of a king despite being made younger again, yet Aslan allowed him to fight back physically. Granted in the PC book we’re not given any indication that other students picked on Peter, but if they had, how do you think he should have responded? The movie explores that and I’m of the opinion we literally get to watch Peter understand how he needed to be reminded of modesty and faith, which is one of the themes of the book. Why else could he not see Aslan when Lucy did?

• NarniaNut says:

Boy,can you guys write.

• Princess Arya says:

Tenthofthatname –
        Understandably, kings are treated like royalty. No one would bump a king and then try to make him apologize for it. But as far as I recall, Aslan only chose people of humility to take the Narnian throne. (Caspian says “I don’t think I’m ready” but Aslan says he is, and if Caspian had thought he was ready, that would have been proof he wasn’t.) After so many years of reigning as a Narnian king surely Peter would have learned enough to know that especially over such a small matter as occurred in the movie, he did not have to start a whole fight. He could have tried to “walk away,” to quote Susan. Especially, as the police officer says “At your age!” Peter should have known he hadn’t needed to do this whether he was a King or not. A King cannot fight over tiny matters with other kings because it’s not practical.
        As for TSC, I confess I’m not sure. It’s in the book, so it’s not going against what C.S. Lewis thought. 🙂 As Aslan said to Caspian, they would “be setting things right [in England]”. In the end, Experiment House became a much better school.

• Leolani says:

tenthofthatname – Well, for one, Aslan never told them they had learned all they could from Narnia, he just said they were getting too old. And in Lu and Ed’s case, that they must begin to draw close to our world. And the problem I have with Peter regaining the meaning of what it is to be king, is that he never lost it. He was the noble high king all along, and great friends with Caspian.

Princess Arya – Yes, I’m not debating that they can use some creative liberties. They almost overdid it in LWW, but not quite. And about Caspian and Susan’s romance ‘because of their age’ is another problem, because according to C.S. Lewis Caspian wass 12 and Susan was 13.

tenthofthatname – If the real Peter had been picked on, he would not have fought back, he would not even so much as jeered back. As Kine Lune says: ‘Never taunt a man save when he is stronger than you: then, as you please.’ And as Tirian says: ‘No warrior scolds. Courteous words or else hard knocks are his only language.’ And since hard knocks were obviously inappropriate, courteous words are his one alternative. And as for SC, that was a different situation. These bullies were a constant threat, and the situation was one where hard knocks were appropriate.

NarniaNut- haha, yeah….

• Leolani says:

Princess Arya – hehe, you commented just a moment before I did. I agree completely 😉

• tenthofthatname says:

Princess Arya: I’m definitely in agreement with you that Peter should have known better but I feel like at the end of the movie he does know better and exhibits a refreshed maturity brought on by the events of PC. I enjoyed watching his character growth and sort of parallel it with Lucy’s lesson in Coriakin’s house, briefly petulant and then understanding. It’s just unfortunate that in the last scene we get Susan’s subtle change in behavior towards that boy whose name currently escapes me but not Peter walking away from a fight. By the end of the movie I think he would have.

• Leolani says:

tenthofthatname – But the real Peter also knew better than to treat Caspian that way, and visa versa.

• tenthofthatname says:

Leolani: Our disagreeing views seem to rest on whether Peter had ever lost it or not. In my opinion, everything about the movie was consistent and realistic to me in terms of him having lost a little bit of that understanding. For Peter we’ll never really know how bad it might have been for him. All boys boarding schools aren’t always the friendliest of places but this is purely speculation and just sort of echos my having questioned the effect of being made young again. Considering how Peter couldn’t see Aslan either I pretty much associate that with his one year on Earth and how it affected him. Yet during the duel with Miraz I felt he had returned to his manner and position of High King. Also in the books, I personally don’t feel Peter and Caspian had the "page time" to establish a believable friendship. We know Caspian feels tongue-tied around him. We know Peter won’t let him fight because Miraz would laugh at him. They certainly did not get a rapport the way Caspian and Edmund do in VDT. But in the PC movie we see Peter and Caspian go from rivals to unquestionable allies, from having reservations to having respect. Again, subjective, because that new element made the story better for me. It’s just a shame that though they filmed the picking marshals scene it had to be cut from the cinema version.

For the record though, I can’t agree with Caspian and Susan romance, not because of their ages or that it wasn’t in the book…but because I felt it lacked a lot of chemistry in the movie. I wasn’t convinced they liked each other, not even in the deleted archery scene.

• Princess Arya says:

What I heard about Andrew Adamson was that he said “If you look at Anna and you look at Ben, you almost find it hard not to believe that something is going on between them.” They’re supposed to be playing children much younger than they actually are. People watching the movies are supposed to think of them as the young teenagers Caspian and Susan, not the 18-year-old Anna and 26-year-old Ben.
        Leolani, I do agree with you. I know they can use creative liberties but sometimes they just take it too far.
        I do not like the idea of Caspian and Peter being rivals in the movie because Peter is supposed to say “I haven’t come to take your place, you know, but to put you into it.” Then in the movie, there you have it with Peter contradicting that (Just the way he talks to Caspian. Sorry I can’t think of the quotes at the moment.) But many aspects of the movie upset me and to get into all of them would take up quite a bit of space, haha.
        To put my conclusions here: my feelings in Prince Caspian the Movie is that in the filmmakers’ attempt to add onto the characters and think through the story more than Lewis did, they switched their personalities, contradicted the book, and thus made them totally different characters. Put that way, it’s a disgrace and I won’t agree with it. If you do not compare it to the book, it is fine and no one would think anything bad about it. It has plenty of action and suspense.

• always narnian says:

Hahahaha, I like Eustace so far

this is cool. its the first time we’ve seen william finally do some acting on the movie, and he looks awesome! i love that scene! i think they’re getting creative with this movie. i surely hope so, and make it interesting.

• greenbird37 says:

Wow! how exciting! Good to see Will and the Minotaur in the movie…hope their are not too many changes!

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I just love the look on his face when he runs into the minotaur. I can’t wait to see it in better picture quality in theaters.^^

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

Omg I’m watching this in class (my teacher doesn’t care as long as the computers and us are quiet) and its hilarious because my computer at home is slow and this is much faster so its better so I can really see the look on his face and how hes runingand its ssoooooo funny.
      P.s. we’re in free time.

• Leolani says:

I think the newer Narnia films don’t compare to the BCC versions. If only the graphics of the new ones could be mixed with the spirit of the old ones!

• JadistarkilleR says:

finally something from Eustace that we can all see and post pictures of! 😀

this is hilarious, Eustace running around the ship in panic, i am so enjoying how they’re building up his character. since he still has his Earth clothes maybe this is the part where he just woke up from being rescued and is disoriented.

i figured that they would do Eustace’ scenes on the days that Ben Barnes isnt on set. i found it odd how earlier reports featured mostly Ben and Skandar and Georgie but no Will. then i realized that it plays nicely to Ben’s schedule since he has to leave for Toronto and wouldnt be on set last Friday, and sounds like even Monday.

• tenthofthatname says:

Just wanted to say that I agree with what you said about Ben Barnes not aging, it’s so true especially when you look at his Dorian Gray! Though I think the beard adds more than 3 years to his look, not that it’s a bad look at all.

• StBrianofMinneapolis says:

Eustace + more narnians than Reep = Awesome,unless of course this cuts into Eustace and Reep’s interactions.

• Lady Polly says:

WOW!!! I guess eustace is scared i can’t to see what he thinks reepicheep.

• Embrace says:

Eustace: "WAAAAAH!!!" The Minotaur: "You´re not used to us Eustace?" 😉

• HappyGiant says:

Eustace: OF CORSE NOT YOU (the following words should… NOT be repeated).
      Mino: *clunks Eustace over head with ax*
      Say bye bye.
      Poor Eustace. My fave character. *sniff*

• Lutra's Pearl says:

QUESTION HERE!!! Why is every one upset that Caspain is using Peter’s sword? I mean Peter gave it to him at the end of PC, wouldn’t it make sence for him to us that really great sword? I mean I would. I would like some feed-back on this one to see what other people think. Keep the story of Aslan alive!

• JadistarkilleR says:

check the forums, theres a thread dedicated to this topic.

personally i have no problems with Caspian using Rhindon, at least during his reign. flags bearing the Lion as a standard of the Narnian rule is fine, but i believe you need something more significant to represent the ruling monarch– hence the sword of High King Peter.

• Matthias of Redwall says:

I agree..because all Caspian had was his Telmarine sword.I guess he could have gotten another…but it would be a bit bland if he didn’t have Peter’s old sword.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

This is just my opinion but I feel that caspian shouldn’t use Peters sword I know he gave it to him but I always thought that it would be to look after it like he did with lucys codrial not to use I mean Father christmas gave it to him distinktivly and it has peters inishals on it(if you check out Lww story book at the library it has a pic. of his sword and if you look close you can see them) so its peters exactly.

• K. J. Hill says:

lol, I love it! Thank you!

• NothinButNarnia says:

Is Will yawning or shouting in the 8th pix?

• ernesto torres chávez says:

se ve bien el video pero no sebe el personaje pero sebe poco sisisisisisi pero nimodo sisisisisi bye

• Ben says:

I’m glad to see that the Telmarine crew still has the Spanish/Mediterranean look from Prince Caspian. I don’t mind the few Narnian creatures on board either.

these are awesome! thanks tamara!

• Shy Galadriel says:

Is that Taylor Swift in pic 7? ;P

• yeswelovenarnia says:

so cool thanks!!!

• Roguewolf says:

I don’t know if anyone said this, but won’t a minotaur mess up the plot a bit? I mean, when they face the dufflepuds and Eustace as a dragon, they may not be as afraid. Don’t get me wrong, I love minotaurs! I’m just concerned about the repercussions this might have on the story.

• Samuel the Magnificent says:

Who says that they all have to be afraid?

I know this is kind of random, but I hope they don’t make the dufflepods cheesy and corny. lol

• Roguewolf says:

Oh, I agree on the cheesy-biz! That would be bad! — Anyways, I meant intimidated. But I think it will work out as long as they don’t turn it into another "Eragon". So far it doesn’t sound like they will.

• Aravis Tarkheena says:

I n’t think the audience will be scared of the minotaures because if they saw the last movie they see the miotaures fight on the good side and thats enough to say the minotaures are good now and you see some minotaures in the good bye sceen so if they saw the last movie they see plenty of the minotaures being on the good side so they know they’re good.

• Roguewolf says:

That’s not what I mean. I have absolutely nothing against minotaurs being on the good guy’s side! In fact, I like it! But, what I am saying is, "won’t having minotaur on the DT throw off the plot?" Consider now that Lewis, sadly, wrote it as a mainly human crew with the exception of Reepicheep. That’s what I’m asking. — Also, (and this is a purely random question) wouldn’t it be hard for minotaurs and fauns about a ship? I mean, hypotheticly speaking, hoofs probably don’t get very good traction on wet wood.

• Narniamiss says:

Wow, I love the look on Will’s face!

• true-narnian_queen says:

WOW!!! in loving the videos!!!! GO NARNIA!!!

• Kotarki says:

I don’t know about you, but to me it looks like I’m really going to like the movie’s portrayl of the character Eustace. I’m excited for his first encounter and desperation as a dragon.

• HappyGiant says:

So, get this: Eustace and the Mino(taur) are part of a secret corporation called ‘Smash Narnia To peices And Rule It Like As A Dictator’. SNTPARILAD for short. Anyway: the plot. Eustace an the Mino(taur)tie up and throw Edmund, Caspian, Lucy, Drinian, Rynelf, and Reepicheep (of course, this proves to be a difficult task) overboard. After ransacking the ship, they become pirates and rule the… seas. Narnia never /did/ find out what happened to thier rulers…

• Weapon Master says:

I’m feeling a little concerned about the bronze statue. It does look like a hornless faun (you can tell by the ears), but where could that come into the story? I really hope they aren’t planning on having a faun fall into the Deathwater pool (then again, the pool turns things to gold, not bronze). Also, there seem to be two faun statues, and they look like they’re holding hands backwards.

• Mark Friedrich says:

Kind of wierd.

• King Skandar the Just says:

WOW!!! this is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pictures & the video! Will looks like he is having a fun time!!!
    I wonder what it would be like, meeting a minotaur for the first time!

• narniaismylife says:

it’s funny how you can hear a baby crying whie they are filming

• scrubb says:

a minotuar???

• Matthias of Redwall says:

anybody have any information on who is playing Ramandu yet?

• BenBarnesGal says:

HA HA! OMG, THAT WAS SOOOO FUNNY!!!

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry