Gael (AKA the MLG) is Played by Arabella Morton

Posted January 24, 2010 12:19 pm by fantasia_kitty

Arabella Morton cast as Gael in The Voyage of the Dawn TreaderThere has been a lot of speculation surrounding the young girl (dubbed the MLG/Mysterious Little Girl by fans here at NarniaWeb) called Gael who is apparently the daughter or niece of Rhince in the movie. While we don’t have any new information as to the extent of her role in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, we finally have the actress’s name.

She’s being played by a young lady named Arabella Morton from Brisbane Australia.

For those who might have missed it, you can see a snippet of Gael jumping off the side of the Dawn Treader in this clip from YouTube here.

Thanks to Carl for the initial spy report about her name, and also to icarus for helping us verify the information!

Visit the ForumHave a comment or want to chime in on this news story? Check out the NarniaWeb Forum for some fantastic discussion. Just click here to post your comments. We look forward to seeing you on the forum! Here’s a quick preview of the forum discussion:

No Items Available

Unfortunately there appears to be no news items on the page you have requested logged here

• I_LiVe_iN_NarNia:P says:

Ahh, she’s cute πŸ™‚ I like Rhince and I think it will be interesting for him to have a daughter πŸ™‚ Can’t wait till December! πŸ˜€ xx

• Silver the Wanderer says:

No matter what you think about the MLG, there’s no denying it: she’s *really* cute πŸ˜›

• narnia fan 7 says:

Well we know how is playing the MLG but I want to know her role in The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

• narniafan#1 says:

What an adorable little girl! Can’t wait to find out what her significance to the story is.

• Nathan says:

the MLG. That is hilarious

• Lucy P. says:

Aw, she is just beautiful! Well at least we know who exactly plays her now, even if it doesn’t shed any light on her significance in the story.

• Aslan's Follower says:

She is admittedly extremely pretty.

• Lady_Liln says:

Very sweet looking gal. Hope we get more information about her role soon.

• AndreyaofNarnia says:

Adorable! Can’t wait until the mystery is unvailed…12-10-10 won’t come soon enough!!

• InLoveWithAslan says:

Interesting…She is adorable, though.

• Lucy Took says:

D’AAAAW! She is so cute!!!!

OK…not sure how this fits in to the VDT,but somehow the "cute factor" keeps her from bugging me…

• Aslan's my homeboy says:

Awwwww she’s so cute!

• ~Lava~ says:

It soulds like they have dropped much of the accent if they are getting aussies to play roles from the Telmarine people. I hope that Caspian’s accent is not so thick.

• Lucillle Brown says:

yeah, she is cut looking.

• Anna's Sister says:

She is so cute!! At least we know that she is Rhince’s daughter. Not much of a brake but it’s something.

• WillMoseleyandSkandarcrush! says:

I have agree with everyone, she is soooo cute!! πŸ™‚ But I am very mad at the producers and writers for making extra people. Why not stick to the book? I mean, I don’t mind if they change, like, a lot. But I just wonder why they WANT to change it. PC was already changed enough, and it turned out great! But still, y can’t they keep true to the book with at least a few changes. I’m not too mad at them. Just a little mad. Anyway, I hope they make the movie involve Edmund and Lucy a lot. (and Eustace too, but I’m not talking about him πŸ™‚ ) Because it’s their last trip to Narnia. I wish it will show how, like, brotherly and sisterly they are. Maybe have Edmund save Lucy or let Lucy pull out her sword and fight for Edmund or something(maybe that’s why she has a sword!?!?!) But, yea. I’m really random today. I’m thinking on changing my name to JesusFreak007. Maybe I should.
    Aslan is on the Move!!!!! Can’t WAAAAAAIT 4 THE MOVIE EVEN THOUGH IT’S THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it would be so sweet if they ever put in a scene like you said! i always love it when movies and books show the closeness in siblings and how they love eachother and will fight for eachother. its very precious, and certainly family friendly! i would personally adore it if Edmund fought for Lucy when they’re taken as slaves, as we sort of learned that he might be seperated from them, although we not yet sure of that. it would certainly make his character more admirable, as well as Lucy, and we would see it and say, "look at that, those siblings love eachother so much! oh how sweet is that!" and everyone would love it. it would be a good positive for the movie πŸ™‚

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

That would be so true to the story as well- the book says that there was a little trouble (skirmish) when they were captured by Pug. Edmund would also be naturally protective of Lucy as she is a girl and Peter is not there to protect her. I hope that they put something like that into the movie!

• inside spy says:

you will be happy to hear this well I’m not meant to say anything too much about it but we did film a scene like this πŸ™‚

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

inside spy, are you in the Narnia film?

• [wrath] says:

I personally don’t find her cute

• Eden says:

Aww, such a cute little kid. I can’t wait to find out just what her role in the movie is! πŸ˜‰

what a beautiful girl! she is so cute! im with everyone else with wanting to know her significance to the story though. perhaps there is something important about her, something that will greatly affect the story. i just hope it doesnt change things up so much.

• ILF says:

cool, we finally know who plays her.

• Narniamiss says:

It is driving me crazy to know her story, though. I hope we get some new info soon. Thanks for confirming this!

• Blue says:

Wow, she is adorable!
    The filmmakers are evil! They know how cute she is. They knew she is so cute I wouldn’t mind her being in the movie!

• MUCHUN says:

cute girl!

Slightly less mysterious now that we have a name I guess. The SMLG.

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

lol…..you are funny, glumPuddle! πŸ˜€

• fantasia_kitty says:

Do you mean SLMLG? lol

• iLiveInNarnia says:

Im guessing that you will possibly talk about this in one of your upcoming videos? hahaha

• Anonymous Narnian says:

While we’re at it, let’s add some more letters… The SLMBSPMLGBWSDKTSOHR. The Slightly Less Mysterious But Still Pretty Mysterious Little Girl Because We Still Don’t Know The Signifigance Of Her Role. I personally think it has a nice ring to it, don’t you?

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

I feel really stupid but what does SMLG mean, glumPuddle? Gael is cute! I seem to remember there being a story of her jumping overboard and Lucy being sad? Is that true?

• ILF says:

i don’t know ever, i have a few guesses though.

Maybe SMLG means Slightly Mysterious Little Girl. Just a guess.
      And yes, there was a video showing Lucy watching the MLG leave or something, and Edmund puts his arm around her (Lucy). So we assume she was sad or at least very thoughtful or something.

• Aravis and Hwin says:

or Super Mysterious Little Girl πŸ™‚

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

I’m not watching any videos because I’m trying to avoid spoilers, but I do remember seeing a video with that title. As the video at the top suggests, I guess that Gael jumped overboard, and Edmund had to comfort Lucy.

• McGunn says:

I guess SMLG stands for Slightly Mysterious Little Gael/Girl.

• Luis says:

awsome

• GlimGlum says:

Welcome to Narnia, Arabella. πŸ™‚ Hope that Gael’s character and situation work well in the movie version of VDT. I am with the majority regarding the "cute factor". πŸ˜€

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Even though she’s not in the book, she could be a really great addition to the movie! She is so adorable- any one could push aside a few expectations that the movie will be ultra faithful to the book to let her be in the movie!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

This is a little off topic, but does anyone know when the movie trailer is being released? After all, they finished production in November!

she’s so cute, and so little. in the clips of her on set she looked older.

• NarniaLuver4Ever says:

Aww she looks so cute and a bit mischievous too… lol

• ernesto says:

esta bien y quiero que sale eselente todo porque soy su fan de ustedes de la pelicula sisisisisisisisisi

bye

• King Skandar the Just says:

Awe! cool! I’m glad we have some more information about her! I’m a tad bit worried about it changing to much of the plot.

• iLiveInNarnia says:

Adorable πŸ˜‰
    Her hair is different from in the movie πŸ˜€ hahaha

(finally a piece of the mystery is revealed)

• Teddy C says:

I personally find her physically repulsive. Yay, Dawn Treader!!

• Waleed Khan says:

SWEET!!! but stil 1 mor casting anounsement – RAMANDU HIMSELF!!!

• Long Live King Skandar says:

Maybe they’re adding the young character of the SMLG to preserve the idea of a young innocent kid having some kind of adventure in Narnia, since that was part of what made LWW so appealing, in my opinion. The SMLG is obviously much younger than the Pevensies, who have all grown up.. *sniffle, sniffle*

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Yeah, that might be a good idea, except that it would actually dampen the movie since Gael jumps overboard!

• Aravis says:

She is adorable but what is she doing there???

• Caspian says:

‘kay…am I the only one who thinks the name ‘Arabella’ sounds like a Mary Sue? If there’s a romance planned with Eustace someone’s going to pay.

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

haha….I agree. No romance! please! πŸ™‚

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

I do think that the name "Arabella" is really cute, though. πŸ˜€

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

It would be awful! This is an adventure, not a love story where all the characters are falling in love with each other, for heaven’s sake!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

From my perspective of the book, Eustace is NOT the type of guy ANYONE would have any type of crush on! But someone who Gael could reasonably like (if the producers make the wrong decision to do that)would be: Edmund. He’s a lot older than her, but still… just an idea here! Hopefully I’m wrong though!

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

haha…..agreed. πŸ˜€

• Caspian says:

Yeah, but this isn’t book Eustace (or book Edmund, for that matter) that we’re talking about. It’s MOVIE Eustace. And we all know how MOVIE characters tend to fall in love with people they’re not supposed to…*coughCASPIANXSUSANcough*

EdmundxGael would be just as bad. She’s way too young for him, though. And really, way too young for Eustace too (he turns 17 tomorrow…). *sigh* Oh Hollywood, what shall we do with you?

• Long Live King Skandar says:

Um, guys. She’s nine years old. She was eight when they were filming, like it says above. That would be like Lucy having had a crush on one of the fauns in LWW or something.
        But hey, at least we know we’d be ready for whatever comes our way πŸ™‚

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

I know that she is nine, but it seems to me that she looks quite a bit older in the movie clip than in her real-life picture. And you must remember, Eustace, Lucy, and Edmund are supposed to be about two years younger than they really are in real life. But the thought just occurred to me that Rhince is her father, and so any romance between Gael and whoever else would be under his eye, so that would add a sinister part to Gael’s innocent character if this happened because Rhince would most likely disapprove of any romance. I think that if the producers added that factor, that would counterbalance the innocence of Gael, which seems to be why she’s even there in the first place, if Long Live King Skandar is right.

• Nuts4Narnia says:

Yeah!! News! MLG..*thinking*.. Hmmm dont quit know what to think of it yet will have to wait for more updates
    Makes me want the movie to come out more than ever!!!!:P lol

• Boke_Wyrm says:

I have been reading VDT over and two thoughts intrude. My horrible thought is that Gael takes over reading from Coriakin’s book, and Lucy gets to be a bystander like she was for most of PC. That would be a cruel waste, but the film business is not called "Hollyweird" for nothing. My better thought is that Gael is a more substantial version of the girl ‘fish-herdess’ that Lucy sees in the water beyond Ramandu’s island, just for a moment, but in that moment they become friends who will rush towards each other if they ever meet again. That story, I think I would like to see. We are already living in ‘interesting times’ but this should be an interesting year.

• MurtaghLuv says:

So adorable. Well now we know a little more about MLG or now MLA

• Son of Adam says:

Yes she is very cute! πŸ™‚
    I think if they just begin to do L.W.W. right now, she is also fit as Lucy, even though I like Georgie Henley too.

• Reepicheep The XII says:

So the mystery is finally solved.Success!

• Mac-bond says:

You know, she is a cute little girl and all but, I agree with most of you more sensible folk around here, what in all tarnation does she have to do with anything in the film?!? I hope they don’t have more going on here than people want to see. Still, I am excited about the film coming out this December, I would like to take all my siblings to see it. And I think SMLG means Solved Mystery Little Girl, maybe.

• ASLANMAN says:

I mean, she’s really cute, but how does she fit in?
    this isnt like the book

• jen says:

Can we say Caspian’s daughter? I mean come on!! She is sooo cute!

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

That was a rather awkward comment as I think that we can safely assume that Caspian isn’t married yet! And even if he was, it would be way too early for kids!

• narniafan4ever β™₯ says:

Haha….agreed! I think she will be really cute in the film, though. As long as they keep the same story line, I’m fine with her being in it. πŸ™‚

• Alberto says:

Well, she could be playing Lucy in that book she reads..about her life.

• Alberto says:

Forget it just saw the video..she has to be Lucy’s stand in and double.

• Mac-bond says:

What video?

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

There are several reasons why that cannot be true. First of all, Arabella is probably a foot shorter than Georgie. The body and stunt doubles need to be about the same size as the actors. Secondly, she has her own character name: Gael. Doubles do not have their own characters. Thirdly, the scene was not rehearsal: cameras were rolling. Fourth, Arabella was nine when they filmed and Georgie was fourteen. And lastly, Georgie and Arabella were wearing two completely different outfits. They could not have been portraying the same character even in rehearsal.

• poop in my pants!!! says:

she looks like a toilet bowl thats full of poop

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

That was impolite. Please do not say such things on this site. Please take back that comment.

2 Trackbacks / Pingbacks for this entry