World Magazine Article on the Dawn Treader – Don’t Panic!

Posted January 5, 2010 3:13 pm by fantasia_kitty

World Magazine on the Dawn Treader - Jan. 2010 We’ve received a couple panicky spy reports over the latest World Magazine article.

The article reads, “Fans worldwide worried they would never get a chance to see another installment of C.S. Lewis’ Chronicles of Narnia make it to the big screen after Disney dumped the seriesโ€”despite impressive earnings for the first two films. So it was good news for Christians and movie lovers everywhere when Fox, in conjunction with Walden Media, announced they would pick up the rights and begin production on Dawn Treader, the third book in the series.

Edmund and Lucy Pevensie, along with their prig of a cousin Eustace Scrubb, return to Narnia to accompany Caspian as he sails to the strange and mysterious Lone Islands to discover what became of the five lost lords who were his father’s faithful friends. Stars Ben Barnes and Liam Neeson.”

We are quite certain this is just a typo as every other summary includes all seven Lords, as well as having received photographic evidence that includes all seven Lords as well.

As one example, the close-up of the bell on board the Dawn Treader being carried by fauns shows at least six Lords from different angles and clearly enough room for the final seventh Lord.

Fauns carry a bell with carvings of the seven Lords - side 1

Fauns carry a bell with carvings of the seven Lords - side 1

Fauns carry a bell with carvings of the seven Lords - side 2

Fauns carry a bell with carvings of the seven Lords - side 2

Unless we hear otherwise from the production, all seven Lords should be in the movie.

Thanks to Jordon and Eustace for the heads-up!

• WhiteRider says:

Phew

• andrea says:

7 lords yay! i got a little worried with 5!

• Dernhelm of Rohan says:

They may have said five, because Caspian and the children only find five lords still living; Restimar and Octesian were killed, as you’ll recall. But it’s still probably a typo.

• LL says:

All are accounted for!

• NaiadWaker says:

Oh, great. I did actually start panicking. ๐Ÿ™‚ All good. (I hope)

It was pretty obvious they didn’t know what they were talking about. "he sails to the strange and mysterious Lone Islands to discover what became…" haha. As if the quest was to get to the Lone Islands.

Oh thank Aslan!!! when i saw 5 lost lords, i started having a panic attack! seriously was rocking back and forth muttering to myself! ๐Ÿ˜‰

• andr7450 says:

When I saw "five" I was like, "How many?!!"

• narnia365 says:

lol, wow… congrats "World" for giving every Narnian fan a good heart attack!

• Narnia Girl says:

Hehe, you said it! I was pretty scared for a sec too. ๐Ÿ˜›

• Mrs Tumnus says:

I was so shocked.. I just thoght: "they just can’t do that.."
      *had panik atack and didn’t dare to read the rest*
      then read the rest and thoght: "yoou guys nearly killd me!!"
      by the lions mane I’m just so glad it’s not true..

• Long Live King Skandar says:

I wonder when they’ll finally get things right…first "prince" caspian and now this. Impressive how they manage to scare us Narnia fans like that haha ๐Ÿ™‚

ok what is with these articles about the worry that the series wont continue lately? they need to stop before us narnia freaks start having heart attacks and breakdowns and tears and stress and all that bad stuff that narnia was never suppose to bring! narnia is about the magic and beauty and peace, not stress and money and worry! goodness! i dont understand why they would want to have updates on these, especially now as we’re waiting for the movie to come out! then it will just make us even MORE nervous if it will not only be good enough to satisfy ourselves and others, but if it will satisfy also the movie business so they will continue with the series! not a smart move…

• george843 says:

Yeah I know! All we have to do is make sure we see it a bunch of times and get our friends and everyone we know to see it too and we’ll be all set for the next movie!

• A_Narnian_Ship says:

whoa good!! I got a little(not really, actually a lot!!) worried when I read that!!!

• Silver the Wanderer says:

*wipes brow* Well, I’m glad THAT’S cleared up.

Now all we need is a trailer.

• AndreyaofNarnia says:

Ditto!

Also notice they called Caspian "prince" instead of "king". Oh well… ๐Ÿ˜‰

• AndreyaofNarnia says:

Forgot to mention that I have the World magazine and it has several big pictures. The head of the Dawn Treader, Georgie, and Ben and Skandar. It got more attention than the other movies… ๐Ÿ˜€

• narniafan4ever โ™ฅ says:

Awesome! wish i could see the pics……

• SavedByGrace says:

Good!

• -queenSUSAN- says:

I wish people in the media would get the story straight–for all 3 movies. Augh.

• always narnian says:

Good! Wouldn’t want there only to be 5!!

• emma says:

oh my god i thought it was something more serious! jeez talk about getting yourselves worked up! lol!

• emma says:

lol I can understand you are all pretty die hard/ hardcore narnian fans but jeeeeez no need to have a full scale heart attack or a breakdown over a movie!

• Eliseo says:

UM.. i dont think it would be that big of a deal if two lords were missing to be quite honest with you, but then again, I thought Prince Caspian was a better movie than LWW, so Im prepared for my lynching…

• Defender of the King says:

Ohh, I’ve just had a thought. It’s not really about this article, but rather about the "bell tower". Suppose this is at Narrowhaven. Caspian retakes the Lone Islands, but they’re not as lapse as they seemed, hence the attack. Then the reason that Lucy and Caspian got attacked with no mention of Edmund and Eustace could be because they got sort of split up, and they have to track those two down individually. That could account for what Skander’s website said about Edmund being in a dungeon. Probably everyone will think that this is a perfectly gastly idea, but I like it. (I love captures, escapes, and unforseen glitches in plots!)
    Also, a question about the statues by the bell tower. (I think the fauns holding up the bell is what is reminding me of the bell tower) Do we know for certain that the head-less statues are supposed to be the seven lords? I mean, mightn’t they just be some ugly statues that Gumpas or some other corrupt governor put up? I don’t know. It doesn’t seem like something Caspian would do, and anyway, if they are in Narrowhaven, don’t all the Lone Islanders know that Bern is one of the seven lords? Whatever, I’m absolutely thrilled about VDT, one of my four absolute, possitively favorite books in the series. Can’t wait for it to come out, and I hope it does well, because I want SC, too.

• Reepicheep, Knight of Narnia says:

Whew, they must have gotten the number of islands and lords mixed up.

• JadistarkilleR says:

yeah thats what i’m thinking. they must’ve meant five islands since that was mentioned in the same sentence as the search for the Telmarine Lords. besides the five islands detail was disclosed by production as well even before this was published.

goes to show you that the publishing biz isnt what it used to be. they have so many mistakes that goes into print that a more mindful journalist and/or watchful editor should be catching.

• The Great and Fearless Pug says:

Wow, that was starting to freak me out a little.

• NarnianElf says:

Hehe, the Great and Fearless Pug got scarred? Wow that really must have been frightening ๐Ÿ˜€ Although I must admit, my heart kinda jumped.

• ChristProclamer says:

Hm…I wouldn’t miss too much if they took out two lords, so long as they were the right lords. Mavramorn and Revilian, perhaps? But I’m still glad that they aren’t! Probably they said ‘five’ in confusion with the reduction to five islands, thinking one lord per island.
    More publicity! Hooray!!!

• Nuts4Narnia says:

PHEW!!!! as soon as i saw DONT PANIC I started panicing! LOL
    But if its a typo, its all good!!

Yeah I started panicking too when I saw the "Don’t panic!" part. ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m just glad it really isn’t something to panic about. At least, I hope not.

I’m just gonna throw this out there to see what people say… Why would you panic if this was true? I can’t say I’d love the change… but I might not be opposed to it either. Why would it be such a dramatic change?

• tenthofthatname says:

I don’t see a reason to panic, two are technically lost causes in the story. I would panic if that factored into the count, leaving only three lords found alive on the quest. That would be a little weird…only one lord at the table on Ramandu’s Island?

You’re right. There are worse changes they could make, in my opinion. But all the same…most of us want the movie to be as close to the book as possible, right? And reducing the number of lords as well as islands isn’t very close to the book…

• Mark Sommer says:

I agree. I never could see what the big fuss was. Anyway, isn’t it 10 lords a leaping and five gold rings? ๐Ÿ™‚

• Anonymous Narnian says:

You’re right. It would be no more dramatic than seven islands reduced to five, and that’s already happened.

• 2benlovin'bffs says:

Well,for one I thought OMG they are changing everything in this film from the other ones
      for example; Harry Gregson Williams is not doing the music,why spare oom were Ben and skandar PRACTICING there fighting thing when,in the book THERE IS NOT ONE! wHO WAS THAT LITTLE GIRL THAT WAS JUMPING OFF THE BOAT IN THAT THING! That would totally damage the point of themovie if there were only 5 lords

• tenthofthatname says:

Maybe they meant the five lords left alive, though I’m leaning more towards them getting five islands and seven lords mixed up.

• narnialover101 says:

It’s a shame my family doesn’t receive this magazine anymore. *sighs*

• Narniamiss says:

"he sails to the strange and mysterious Lone Islands to discover what became" ?? LOL. I would take this news with a grain of salt. It is kind of obvious these guys aren’t experts, and this is probably just a mess-up. Even if it were true, I wouldn’t freak out over it.

• Queen Susan says:

Haha!! I read part of the little paragraph in WORLD yesterday… But I stopped at "prig of a cousin Eustace", so I missed the five lords part. :p
    Not sure I would have caught it anyway. ๐Ÿ˜‰ I was looking at the pictures, ignoring the writing since I figured I knew the storyline already. ๐Ÿ˜‰

But yeah. I’m glad there should still be seven.

• Anna's Sister says:

I didn’t even notice the "five lords" thing. That shows how much I pay attention. LOL

• Peepicheep says:

How dare they write "Prince Caspian". They should of written "King Caspian". Thank you for posting it anyway.

• ernesto says:

que chido se de quedo eso bueno super bien adios.

• iLiveInNarnia says:

@_@ I’m glad it’s just a typo!

• myartismylife says:

I’ll dash down to the set today and count the number of names on the bell. That should let us know.

Oh yes, do that! I wish I lived down there!

• myartismylife says:

I have been down to the display at Movie World and counted the number of names and carvings on the bell and there are SEVEN LORDS. Lord Rhoop has lost his little arm and so I was able to use him as my starting point to make sure I counted correctly.

That’s good to hear! Thanks! But why is Rhoop missing his arm? I’m sure he won’t lose his arm in the movie, but why is he missing it on the bell? Oh well, not very important.

• Alex says:

To be honest, does it matter how many lord there are? I got the impression that C.s.lewis was glossing over some of the lords i wouldn’t be surprised if they added more lords, or if they had less lords, they’d make the story about them epic.

• FunnyGuy says:

I thought it was 10 Lords a Leeping. Maybe I have the wrong thing in mind.

• Teddy C says:

Wow…a lot of you people need to relax. They are just books and movies. Im just excited as the next person (this is my favorite book) but if they chose 5 instead of 7 because it worked better for the translation to movie then so be it. It wouldnt be the end of the world.

• K. J. Hill says:

Good, that had worried me a little…

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Well hopefully they will have all seven lords, because they kind of set it up in Prince Caspian because they left seven seats empty in Miraz’s throne room (if anyone noticed). But if they had only five I would be a little disappointed but I wouldn’t die. As long as they have Dragon Island, Nightmare Island and Coriakin’s Island I’m cool. Long live Aslan and Sail on VDT!!!

• Lucille Brown says:

Their article on LWW was at least 7 pages long and made the front cover. I am so glad it’s just a typo.

• InLoveWithAslan says:

If there wasn’t enough room to put all seven lords on the bell then why didn’t they make it bigger? That wasn’t exactly good planning on their part.

• Tirian12 says:

you can hardly call Prince Caspians earnings impressive.

• myartismylife says:

I am just repeating this. I have been down to the set at Movie World and I have counted the names and carvings on the bell and there are SEVEN LORDS. Lord Rhoop has lost his little arm and so I was able to start counting from him to make sure I counted correctly.

• Liberty Hoffman says:

wow! that is good to know! I did panick for about two weeks…..now I can calm down! phew!!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

• georgiehfan says:

yeah when i got the magazine, i totally did a double take when i read that. i freaked out!! hopefully it is just a misprint.

• Shi of Narnia says:

Oh good! They could not cut it to just 5 lords! That would be awful.

• Hannah says:

Haha!! I gasped and freaked out and started pounding on my desk….them I read on and felt kinda stupid. Phew!

• redeemedqueen says:

SWEET! I LOVED THE HUGE ARTICLE THEY DID ON PC IN MAY!

• Bookwyrm says:

It would be nice if these so-called "professional" writers would make an effort to do research when writing their articles. These are the kind of mistakes that could get one fired in other fields of work.

• Anonymous Narnian says:

Hah… I read the article and didn’t even notice the five lords thing until this story came up.

• LadyLiln says:

I actually did panic for a slpit second.

• Eilonwy Arwen Kenobi of Narnia says:

I almost had a heart attack…*winding down, panting*

• Saerwen says:

PHEWY!!!!! I was scared for a secand. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Waleed Sajjad Khan says:

itd better b 7 lords – that wood b twisting da story 2 much!!
    ๐Ÿ™

• Duffleglum says:

Why did world mag put this movie overview under:
    "movies to be aware of that you might not want to take your children to"?

They reviewed the other two rather nicely….

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Yeah, my family subscribes to that magazine and I noticed that right off the bat. I sent an email to the staff and got a response saying that it was indeed a mistake. The email was forwarded to the editor and the correction should appear in a future issue. Also, the article mentioned Prince Caspian as being the Pevensie’s and Eustace’s companion- they also should be correcting that in a future issue. The pictures are really good, although the picture of Skandar makes him look fat. ๐Ÿ™‚ But it was probably just the angle.

• Narnian-by-Heart says:

"wew, almost lost my cool there for a second ;)lol. My heart fell to my feet like lead at first but then i came to my senses and thought "its just a typo silly!" lol.

NbH.

• Emily says:

I was wondering about that when I read the article. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Narnianheart says:

OMG!!!!!!!!!! that is soo cool! I love all of those pics!!

1 Trackback or Pingback for this entry