New Image of Lucy, Plus Other Narnia.com Updates

Posted August 24, 2010 12:37 pm by fantasia_kitty

A new hidden image of Lucy was discovered on Narnia.com earlier today. I believe MundoNarnia gets credit for finding it first, but I also managed to find it and here it is.

But that wasn’t the only update added to The Voyage of the Dawn Treader website today. Icarus has provided us with a list of new things to check out on Narnia.com.

1. Some sparkly new sound effects!

2. The Leaderboard page that was present on some of the international sites is now online at the main page. (Congratulations to those of you who made the top 100!)

3. Some details on when each of the new islands will become available in the map page pop-ups:

Narrowhaven – Coming in September
Goldwater – Coming in October
Ramandu’s Island – Coming in November
Dark Island – Coming in November
Aslan’s Country – Coming in November

4. They also added new “Magic Items” to the Magician’s Island area a few days ago, and added some more today. I think here are now 12 items to be found, and you get a little achievement icon for having found 5 and 10 respectively. They are also now alot easier to find, as the aforementioned sparkly soundeffects make a sparkly noise and visual when you hover over them.

As always, thanks very much icarus!

• Mark Sommer says:

I guess this confirms the conjecture that Lucy was going into an invisible house in the recent trailer. The house is NOT invisible in the book. I’m not sure whether I like this change or not. It will depend on how they use this in the movie. Another "why?" we will probably have to wait for December 10 to find out.

• Dr Elwin Ransom says:

Hmm, I don’t know that it does confirm this — only that there is some magic way to get out of the house and onto the lawn. If the house were right there, and invisible, all the curly shapes and hedges are right in the middle of it.

Does anyone else absolutely love those shapes? This looks like a Pauline Baynes illustration!

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Yeah, I thought it looked like a Baynes illustration as well. 🙂

And honestly, I kind of like the house being invisible. I’m not sure what happens to all those plants as soon it becomes visible though.

• MB says:

Maybe they’re house plants? Ya know, in pots.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Or maybe its sort of like a wardrobe. Except instead of being a whole world, there is only a house inside the door.

• Cynical Narnia Fanboy says:

Yeah, it could be just a "remote door"… 😉
        But i always imagined the magicians island to be more wierd/strange, rather thatn all bright and cheerful and pretty.

• Leanna says:

Could it also have something to do with the magic book? And that area that Lucy is walking into looks like the dufflepud’s ladscape.

• eclipse14 says:

I always imagined the Magician’s Island like the book says!
        Park-like, and strange in a sense, but not all cute and wacky all though that would be the second best way in my mind to describe it.

• Queen Emily the Valiant says:

Maybe the house is camouflaged to look like it’s surroundings

• helena says:

Lucy looks so much like Susan

Right, so now we know that the magician’s house IS invisible (or at least we’re 90% sure), and that gets there through that door. But why is she shown coming OUT of the house, and it’s still invisible? Shouldn’t she have said the spell already? I’m not really keen on the house being invisible, but I think there are worse changes they could make.

Oh, I can’t wait to find out more! And I can’t wait for them to unlock Narrowhaven and Goldwater. We’ll probably get more pictures and info then.

• Ted C says:

You mean we have to wait until the movie comes out to find out whats in the movie? Thats odd.

• Pepper Darcy says:

I like the idea of the house being invisible 😉

• Saerwen says:

You’re right.

• Dufflepoodle says:

Anyone read Planet Narnia?
      If so, you might notice that adding this part of an invisible magicians house will prove to be totally in-line with the plot.

I seriously like this!!

• Marjorie says:

I love this picture !

• joe says:

first. and i rly like the magicians island right now

• Lucy says:

Sounds great!

• Narnia Ultimate Fan says:

I also found this picture yesterday.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

They’re keeping all the most anticipated islands till November….AHAHAHAHAHAH

• Bulgy Bear says:

Sparkly Soundeffects!…. Thankfully they added a "mute" button as well 😉

• Wunderkind says:

What does it mean "12 itmes to be found"? I’ve never gotten what we’re looking for?

• icarus says:

The hidden items are within the Magician’s Island area. They are like invisible points hidden across the image. If you click on one you get a message saying "You Found a Magic Item" or something similar. There isn’t much more to it than that. Its basically like the main Treasure Hunt game on the map page, except without the treasure chest. 😉

• SavedByGrace says:

oohhh! I love the picture; does that mean the magician’s house will be invisible?

• lucyrocks17 says:

~Coolio!!!!!!!!!!!!~ =)

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Huh… The Magician’s house being invisible… This is should be interesting… 😉

• Son of Rillian says:

That is a wonderful picture

• Kristena says:

Interesting….. I wonder what it means…lol

i love the picture, and i think its really cool that they’re making the magician’s house invisible, to tie in with the invisible dufflepuds. it makes it more magical, fascinating, and forboding. im sure it will really fascinate the audience more that its invisible and get their attention, because i think we can all agree that people are awfully fascinated with invisible things 🙂

• Elf Maiden Archer of Rivendell says:

Agreed. I am not one to freak out over an invisible house, if that’s what they’re going to do. The thing that I’m more worried about is the whole Susan/Peter scene. I will not be prejudice & over-judgemental until I see the movie. I will also not say that the movie will be AWESOME till I’ve seen it to be on the safe-side.

• alice jadis says:

Oooh, I love that scenery!!.. It reminds me of Wonderland.. 😀

• hogglestock says:

Well, I found items 9-12, but nothing else. If there were 4 items earlier, I must be missing a bunch?

• NarniaNut says:

YAAAAA!!!! <3

• lilims says:

haha im number 54 😛

• Reepicheep says:

The scenery reminds me of Edward Scissorhands’ garden.

• QueenLucy12 says:

shouldnt the house become visible when she said the spell??? and Why is Goldwater called Goldwater!!! What happend to Deathwater???

• icarus says:

I figured they were three or so reasons for them calling it "Goldwater" in the promotion for several reasons

Firstly, because "Deathwater" is the second name they give to the island in the story, and so "Goldwater" as the initial name used in the book, might be considered to be the less spoilery of the two.

Secondly, they perhaps figured that "Goldwater" was a little bit more of a PG-friendly name to use in the promotion and marketing than "Deathwater", especially when it came to pitching it at younger audiences.

Thirdly, and probably the main reason, is because we now know they have merged "Deathwater" and "Dragon Island" into one island, and so the name "Goldwater" is perhaps the best name for the combined island, due to the linking element of "Gold".

• Cabungirl says:

my first post and I was lucky enough to test screen the movie last saturday but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone, but Narnian Resident and Friend of Narnia 2 is correct 😉

• allalea says:

Well when the dufflepuds cast the spell it turned everything invisible. That could include the house right?

• Cabungirl says:

They required everyone to have an 8 yr old – teen with you, so there were a lot of kids. Only one I heard who read the book around me said it was pretty close. There was applause when they told us what the movie was and also in the end. I enjoyed it very much and can’t wait to see it all finished with completed CGI. I joined here because I hadn’t read the books in a while and had questions on some of the scenes. I am reading it again now.

• FriendOfNarnia2 says:

Thanks for the report! Well, when you finish reading the book, if you could let us now how close it was that would be great. 🙂

• Queen of Narnia says:

This is so cool! Lucy is definatly my favorite character. she is an awesome queen of Narnia!

• NothinButNarnia says:

I found item 9, 11, and 12, where’s number 10???

• Hedwig says:

What are these "Magic items" were suppost to be looking for?
    I can’t seem to find one.

• lslglfgkdgdkl says:

Wonderful.
    Share a website with you ,
    ( http://www.tradeone.us )
    Believe you will love it.
    We accept any form of payment