New Snowy Aslan Banner and Poster

Posted October 31, 2010 12:44 pm by fantasia_kitty

I’m sure most everyone has seen the cover of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader soundtrack by now featuring Aslan’s face surrounded by falling snow.

Using the same design theme, FoxMovies.com has added a new banner on their page for ‘Dawn Treader.’

And finally, NarniaWebber narnian1 writes:

So I went to the movies tonight. And Narnia has never been more prominent. They’ve had the “3D” cut-board for a while now. Over the summer I gave the pic of a banner that hung from the ceiling. This aside of the regular poster on the wall. Well, now they have a huge poster of Aslan (identical to the first poster), and it’s behind where we buy tickets.

But I noticed a new one for the first time. Unfortunately I didn’t have my camera with me, and I won’t be going back for some time to the theater. I did however have my phone and it does have a camera. Only it takes small pics.

It is interesting to me at least that most of the main characters have a little poster shaped rectangle at the bottom. Does this mean that character posters might be available in the future? Who knows?

Thanks to icarus and narnian1 for the heads up!

• narnian1 says:

Wow. my full post is here. haha. I love that Fox and Walden are trying to keep Narnia in the face of people who go to the theaters. There really is no escaping it. At least at my local theater. Hopefully we will begin to see TV spots soon enough.

• dinode says:

Who’s that man on the far right, and why is Susan included? For that matter, why include her but not Peter? And Jadis is there too. Seriously, how much snow are we going to see on VDT? If it will get people interested in the movie I guess it’s okay.

• A_Narnian_Ship says:

the man on the right is the chief dufflepud

• HighQueenofNarnia says:

Really? I’ll take your word for it, but it looked like a golden-bearded version of Gimli to me. 😉
        Well, I would have preferred Drinian and Gov. Gumpas over Susan and the White Witch. *sighs- for the umpteenth time*

• Duffleglum says:

Terrible ingenuity! They were original in the first movie’s snowy theme, so why can’t they make an original look with ocean water???

NOTE TO DESIGNER: I’ll buy the stupid CD soundtrack, but I’ll burn your pitiful cover art and put in my own design.

• Aslan's Meadow says:

The last one is VERY interesting. It does seam like they added random people. I mean, why have Susan and no Peter…but have the Chief Duffelpud in there? Overall — I WANT THIS POSTER!

i find it odd that Susan is on there but not Peter. perhaps they just put random people on there, cuz the chief dufflepud and the minotaur are there. i mean, what major significance do they have? just my thought

• Bother Eustace says:

Seems like the minotaur in this movie is way more prominent than the minotaurs in the last two movies… he had at least three lines in the Trailer alone. But still, I don’t think he should show up on the poster; why not Coriakin, or Lilliandil?

• Pepper Darcy says:

I sure HOPE there are character posters. Ha, ha, though it’s anyone’s easy guess that I’d be getting Lucy’s. Though I’m rather hoping for a coloage one 🙂 I’m going to get a poster this time around! 🙂 I love the way this looks! 😀

• Mirima Rosetrader says:

Oooooooooooo!!! Awesome! Love it! Long live Aslan! 😀

• Narnian Meerkat says:

Um. . .VERY COOL but, where’s Peter? They can’t forget Peter the High King!!!!!!

• Scarlet13 says:

awesome! still, why snow again???

• The White Wizard says:

Because everybody likes snow!

(actually I think because the snow falls when Lucy first enters Narnia)

• Bookwyrm says:

This is …random. And wouldn’t interest me in the movie.

• ethisp says:

Приключенческие туры – это возможность реализовать себя, попробовать себя в суровых условиях и по-другому посмотреть на себя. Экстримальные туры предоставляют возможность почувствовать, что такое реальная дружба и помощь, ведь без взаимопомощи такие трудности не под силу.

Ищем людей которым интересен такой вид отдыха !! Группа практически собрана, но чем больше людей, тем интерестнее и выгодней.
    Присоединяйтесь! Мы набераем как бывалых путешественников так и не опытных (новичков)! Имеется возможность помочь с снаряжением. Готовы объединяться с Вашими готовыми группами.
    Готовы рассмотреть варианты любых путешествий.
    ICQ 621685361 По другим вопросам прошу не беспокоить !

• Aslan's Meadow says:

Creepy

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

yeah, what he said… ; )

• Bookwyrm says:

It’s Cyrillic. No clue what he’s saying though.

• TrueNarnianWithWill says:

Adventure Tours – an opportunity to realize himself, to try themselves in the harsh conditions in a different way to look at themselves. Extreme tours provide an opportunity to feel what a real friendship and support, because without mutual aid such difficulties can not do.

Looking for people who are interested in this kind of leisure! Group is almost built, but the more people the interestnee and profitable.
        Join now! We naberaem as experienced travelers have not experienced (novice)! There is an opportunity to help with equipment. Ready to unite with your teams ready.
        Willing to consider options for any travel.
        ICQ 621685361 For other inquiries, please do not disturb!
        Thats apparently it in russian or something

• The White Wizard says:

Trying….to…..read….

*slumps over in chair because of brain-fry*

• Jarpanlarpyn says:

If you read the book carefully, Peter isn’t in it. However, Susan does have a small part in the wizard’s tower. The witch, though, I can’t explain. Maybe they are going to put her as part of the dark island as a bad dream.

• narnian at heart says:

ok, overall its really nice! Susan might be in there because she does have to let go of narnia though i imagined peter learning to live without narnia and considering the fact that Pete does get to come back in LB and susan does not.

• Murtaghluv says:

how cool!

• Queen Emily the Valiant says:

does anyone get the idea of LWW? ARE THEY TRYING TO COPY IT TO GET MORE publicity? still looks great though don’t you think?

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

I’m telling ya, it’s not snow, it’s "the cosmos"- Paul, can we get an official statement from anyone? coriakin and lill are STARS, after all!! if not, i’ll eat my hat! (and humble pie) LOL

• High Queene Shelly Belly says:

are they putting out posters for us??

• The White Wizard says:

Reepicheep is looking good as ever!

• The White Wizard says:

Woo-hoo! The White Witch is back!:)

• King_Cor_the_Great says:

why is Susan there and not Peter?

• Samuel says:

I’m going to just say for the record that I don’t mind the snow choice, It’s probably more for the fact that this is a Christmas movie release than anything, as a typical mall shopper in cold december which would you rather go see, TRON legacy with it’s poster, cold and harsh sci-fi graphics, or something wintry and inviting? It’s all in the marketing, and I’ve seen several movies use Holiday/Winter posters and ads when the movie is not even related.

But I noticed the row of characters on the bottom of the second poster and my first reaction was "Yuck! Who put that mess together?" Who picked the pictures in the first place, all of them profiles to the right and left, very high contrast with low saturation, sticks out like a sore thumb against Aslan’s portrait, and then who chose to put them in that order? all CG character’s at one end, Eustice far on the other side, the two girls in similar pose stuck right next to each other, and Edmund (the only one with an interesting pose) dead center.

• elton says: